• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That one Unlikely HD Remaster you want

Magnus

FFXII ZJS. I honestly don't think it's terribly likely. I feel like Mario Galaxy 1-2 are likelier.

Whichever of the two projects is less likely. That's my answer for this thread.

Lol

New002

Legend of Dragoon. I'm a broken record I know.

But honestly I would also take a Battlefield Bad Company 2 remaster with all the DLC including Vietnam.

XvMElbV.png

Ramza

Banned
Final Fantasy Tactics WotL on consoles.

Also:

Armored Core HD collection

AC 1 / PP / MoA / 2 / 2:AA / 3 / SL / NB /LR

I know I'd never get it, but god damn do I love the classic AC games

since both are forgotten anyway, I'd like a bundle pack for ps4 that is an HD remake of Crystal Chronicles: My life as a King and LIttle King's Story.

2 of my absolute favorite fuckin games from last gen, I was 50% of the player base for both

Semajer

Well if it's only simple graphical enhancements I'd choose Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. If not:

It's nice being able to go back and quote what I'm going to continue wanting until they release them.

Semajer said:
Fire Emblem: Tales of the Blue Flame HD Collection. A HD remaster of both Path of Radiance, and Radiant Dawn. It would consolidate the different versions of each game, and improve on them to end up with something like:

Path of Radiance:
16:9 support, like Radiant Dawn.
Japanese Maniac Mode.
USA/PAL Easy Mode.
Complete artwork galleries for FE6, FE7, and FE8.
Artwork gallery for FE9.
Movie gallery for FE9.
Support Conversation viewer.
Boss Conversation viewer.
Records page.
In game saves, like Radiant Dawn.
Faster animation skips, like Radiant Dawn.
In battle animation speed ups, like Awakening.
Revamped skill system like Radiant Dawn, where you can remove and reassign skills.

Radiant Dawn:
Actual support conversations.
Additional difficulties.
Trial maps.
Trial map characters.
Artwork gallery for FE10.
Movie gallery for FE10.
Support Conversation viewer.
Boss Conversation viewer (including battle and recruitment quotes from opposing team members).
Records page.
In battle animation speed ups, like Awakening.
The full script is translated this time instead of just the shortened version.
Bonus points for an option to kill Michiah at some point.

Basically the idea is to take the localised versions, add in the missing, or altered content from the Japanese versions, and then rebalance the games to better suit everyone.
So you could have all the localised systems (no forge points to make weapons, experience for promotions) still apply for Easy and Normal modes, but the original Japanese systems (forge points, items for promotion) apply for Hard and Maniac. Similar to how they made same-turn movement for enemy reinforcements only on the higher difficulties in Awakening, when previously localised games cut them out altogether.

Both games would be together, so you would be able to carry your data straight over to Radiant Dawn once you've finished Path of Radiance. They could also add a records page (like in Advance Wars, and Smash Bros.) to see how well you play. This could be used to compare your stats with your friends. I'd also like an online mode where you can use your endgame teams to battle against friends/randoms. Maybe with online leaderboards for trial map, or campaign performance.

Then they could have the option to disable in-game saves, and enemy movement data across all the difficulties to emulate Radiant Dawn's hard mode for people that want more of a
mundane and tedious
challenge. In addition they could add officially balanced special conditions to the game, such as girls-only, and no stats on level up, to add more replayablility.

Elitist1945

Medal of Honor: WW2 HD Collection (MoH, Underground, Frontline, European Assault, Rising Sun and Airborne) for the PlayStation 4. Please EA. Love me.

If we're talking literal HD remaster, then you probably wouldn't want to go back any farther than PS2/Xbox/GC...

I can't pick just 1, so:

-Gunvalkyrie
-Sin and Punishment 2
-Burnout 2: Director's Cut
-Metal Wolf Chaos
-Steel Batallion
-Crimson Skies
-P.N.03
-Gotcha Force
-Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
-Endless Ocean 2
-Excitebots
-Gradius V
-Ferrari 355 Challenge

Yeah....a lot of games. Not an HD remaster, but I've always wanted a Gotcha Force sequel/remake on 3DS. It would just work so well. C'est la vie...

RowdyReverb

I would love to see Goldeneye 007 get an HD re-release like Perfect Dark did on 360 with the addition of some modernization of the controls.

Top Bottom