• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aquanaut's Holiday (PS3) announced

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
klee123 said:
What rpgs? oh you mean WKS which is the first original jrpg on the system after 2 year old 360 ports?

Yeah another damn jrpg indeed.......................

Disgaea 3
Valkyria Chronicles
White Knight Story
Folklore

There's been more than one original RPG on the system so far.
If you don't buy Valkyria Chronicles, you're part of the problem.

Quasar

Phife Dawg said:
Sorry to go off-topic. I'm not living in an english speaking country, but isn't that considered a racial slur?

That would be news to me. I use it in the same fashion I use Brit.

klee123

Kagari said:
Disgaea 3
Valkyria Chronicles
White Knight Story
Folklore

There's been more than one original RPG on the system so far.
If you don't buy Valkyria Chronicles, you're part of the problem.

I've bought the Japanese limited edition of VC and I'm also getting the US version as well. Definitely not a part of the problem here!

Disgaea 3 and Valkyria whilst awesome games, arent jrpgs. They are more like srpgs. The audiences aren't exactly the same

Folklore I consider more of an action adventure game since it doesn't even have rpg elements.

Which really leaves the first true original jrpg on PS3 to be WKS.

KiNeSiS

Banned
I'd much rather see a new
tailofthesun1.jpg

klee123 said:
I'm just trying to say is Sony should be more concerned in pleasing the hardcore gamers first in Japan. I don't think the hardcore gaming otaku would be interested in Afrika.

They should, but Kaz is just not giving a shit right now.

maybe im a little slow, so someone help me understand why sony showcased this game and AFRIKA during E3 05/06 MAIN SONY CONFERENCE.....A MAJOR NORTH AMERICAN VIDEO GAME TRADE SHOW........YET NEITHER OF THESE ARE GOING TO BE RELEASED IN NORTH AMERICA??

anyone?

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
frAntic_Frog said:
maybe im a little slow, so someone help me understand why sony showcased this game and AFRIKA during E3 05/06 MAIN SONY CONFERENCE.....A MAJOR NORTH AMERICAN VIDEO GAME TRADE SHOW........YET NEITHER OF THESE ARE GOING TO BE RELEASED IN NORTH AMERICA??

anyone?
-They were part of a few games in development
-They looked great
-No one knew what they would play like

Unless you want me to make up some bullshit answer that will just make you rage more!

WYWY

frAntic_Frog said:

anyone?
Victims of Kaz's last days. They don't have much to show, and the Afrika video does generate curiosity and buzz - anything for marketing to hook on to in those troubled days.

(Well... some would think that those days aren't over yet)

Afrikan

As much as I would be happy for my fellow Playstation brothers/sisters if Sony Japan indeed released new RPGs.......I have to say I'm quite appreciative that they are releasing games like Afrika and Aqua.......games I will purchase.......

Darkpen

Banned
VOOK said:
I suppose it is if you use it as one :/
I remember when there was so much sensitivity about using that back on FFXI. It generally became a no-no for any newbies.

klee123 said:
I've bought the Japanese limited edition of VC and I'm also getting the US version as well. Definitely not a part of the problem here!

Disgaea 3 and Valkyria whilst awesome games, arent jrpgs. They are more like srpgs. The audiences aren't exactly the same

Folklore I consider more of an action adventure game since it doesn't even have rpg elements.

Which really leaves the first true original jrpg on PS3 to be WKS.
Folklore's as much of an RPG as Zelda is, which is to say, integrated RPG elements to the point of where you aren't even aware of it.

But yeah, WKC is the first original JRPG for the system, as I assume Eternal Sonata and Enchanted Arms don't count.

Jonnyram

So I think I'm gonna get this. I'll probably sell off my Wii game to partly fund it. I love the underwater stuff, but Forever Blue was really bad in a couple of areas -- how you "pet" the fish, and the online play not contributing to your single player progress. Plus HD > SD in any case, and this is basically the same price as FB so it's a no brainer.

lupinko

This is certainly interesting, normally when I compare trophies with people on my friends list, Aquanaut's Holiday is in Japanese, but for today I noticed something really odd.

This is how Aquanaut's Holiday will look like on your PS3 regardless of your language setting (my PS3 is NTSCJ-JPN and is always set to English):

aqua01.jpg

aqua03.jpg

aqua05.jpg

But like I said, something odd today, and here it is:

aqua02.jpg

aqua04.jpg

aqua06.jpg

Sorry for the big pics, and as you can see it's all translated when I compared it to a fellow Gafer.

Whether or not there is an English version coming out or also different region versions share the same trophies (which is another interesting possible discovery) is all pretty neat.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
lupinko said:
Whether or not there is an English version coming out or also different region versions share the same trophies (which is another interesting possible discovery) is all pretty neat.
Korean version of the game just got announced for November (and I believe Chinese one for HK as well). With Asian version already out last month in full Japanese, this brings hope they are in fact localizing something about it into multiple languages (which could even include English, but who knows) - otherwise why bother with a 'new' release?

ElyrionX

inner-G said:
So, the new 'English/Chinese' version comes out pretty soon.

Any info yet on just how English it is?

Usually when an Asian version of a PS3 game comes out with "English/Chinese" language options, it really means that the game is completely in English.

kassatsu

Banned
ElyrionX said:
Usually when an Asian version of a PS3 game comes out with "English/Chinese" language options, it really means that the game is completely in English.
Day 1 if it is fully in english.

Does the Afrika (Chinese/English) Version have full english as well?

ElyrionX

kassatsu said:
Day 1 if it is fully in english.

Does the Afrika (Chinese/English) Version have full english as well?

As far as I know, the Asian version of Afrika due to be released in December will be in full English.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
ElyrionX said:
As far as I know, the Asian version of Afrika due to be released in December will be in full English.
Yea, so far SCE has a good track record on those localizations - they don't always bother, but when they DO, asian version includes multiple languages (typically Chinese,English and even Korean).
Anyway I'll most likely be picking up the new Korean release for AH, so I'll post impressions when I do.

Chemo

Dear god PLEASE let this be released in North America, or at the very least, in full English in some other territory. I bought Endless Ocean because the idea of this type of game is like a mini braingasm to me, but the jaggies cut my face so deeply that I had to spend a month in the fucking hospital.

PLEASE.

Chemo said:
Dear god PLEASE let this be released in North America, or at the very least, in full English in some other territory. I bought Endless Ocean because the idea of this type of game is like a mini braingasm to me, but the jaggies cut my face so deeply that I had to spend a month in the fucking hospital.

PLEASE.

Play-Asia says the Asian (w/ English) version is coming out Thursday.

Valkyr Junkie said:
Play-Asia says the Asian (w/ English) version is coming out Thursday.

Anyone know of another site I can order this from? Play-asia won't ship to Europe and Yesasia don't have the English/Chinese version listed :(

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Oh wow, I didn't know there was an English AH coming out!

I knew about the Chinese "Hakuna Matata" though.
Time for another import, and good pics on the trophy name changes/translations.

If only Afrika would get a trophy patch.....

reminder said:
http://www.yesasia.com/global/hakun...n-asian-version/1011975392-0-0-0-en/info.html ;)

But it still has december 11 as the release date. Don't know which one is correct.

I was looking for the Aquanaut's Holiday English/Chinese version, I already have the English/Chinese Hakuna-Matata pre-ordered, thanks anyways though :)

Play-Asia have it here; http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-77-3-49-en-70-34md.html

But won't ship to the UK and unless i'm going blind I can't find that version on Yesasia.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
:O

what the hell , so there are new editions of the Asian version of both Afrika/Hakuna Matata and Aquanaut's Holiday with English :D

so maybe there is chance for NA / EU releases now , anyway Day one , day freaking one .

Guymelef

Goldrusher

DeadGzuz

Banned
Can some on summarize this game for me, the game sites are blocked and the images look cool. Is it like Afrika under water?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DeadGzuz said:
Can some on summarize this game for me, the game sites are blocked and the images look cool. Is it like Afrika under water?

DEEP SEA MYSTERY/ADVENTURE OF AMAZING.

Top Bottom