• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aquanaut's Holiday (PS3) announced

Goldrusher

To me, Engrish is when something just doesn't make sense or is hilarious.

An example of text in the game:

Sunken Ship

Remains of a sunken schooner, estimated to be built around the 17th century. Weapons were littered near the ship, implying it didn't sink in an ordinary accident. Schooners were mainly used for fishing, military, and piracy. They were first built in Holland in the 16th century, and were significantly developed in the era of the Revolutionary War in America.

Not perfect, but I wish Babelfish was that good.
And I doubt anyone would put something like that on engrish.com.

CoilShot

Well I never thought I would say this but I'm going to import this, and this will be my first PS3 Import :D Is Afrika worth importing as well with english options or is it still coming to US soon?

Guymelef

CoilShot said:
Well I never thought I would say this but I'm going to import this, and this will be my first PS3 Import :D Is Afrika worth importing as well with english options or is it still coming to US soon?

In a two weeks will be aout Afrika Asia version with English/Chinese subs.
But will be released in USA as National Geografic Afrika.

Guymelef said:
In a two weeks will be aout Afrika Asia version with English/Chinese subs.
But will be released in USA as National Geografic Afrika.

Wow, if Afrika got picked up for US, Aquanauts should hopefully

Argh. I've unlocked every trophy except for the 'meme tree' one. Not sure what else I need to do with it since it's bearing fruit. I'm guessing I need to do something with the sonar symbols?

Guymelef

Valkyr Junkie said:
Argh. I've unlocked every trophy except for the 'meme tree' one. Not sure what else I need to do with it since it's bearing fruit. I'm guessing I need to do something with the sonar symbols?

There are 10 meme trees in the area according the wiki.

So 30-40 (don't remember if was 3 or 4 per three) memes needed.
When the first grow at maximum the next appears.

* Backyard of tree Hina of Mem

Generation condition
All Mem frames of the Dolphin title are buried.

Clear condition
Ten trees of Mem are grown.

The log opens when all Mem frames of the Dolphin title are buried.
The seedling can be discovered when going to the backyard of Hina according to the message.

Reward
The last piece in map of old of pirate
(When you go to the place that the map indicates after it studies the map. )

Goldrusher

Screenshots !

After a few missions, your sub gets upgraded with a camera. The screenshots are saved in 720p in the XMB, with the file name being the location where you took the photo and in the file details you can see which fishes are on them !
Unfortunately the latter is some kind of PS3-exclusive feature and you can't read it on a PC.

Sea of Tranquility

4fzm0l.jpg

2ynfecm.jpg

smviac.jpg

Sea of Melody

2i94ccg.jpg

Sea of Calling

rjnmns.jpg

so6zi9.jpg

2j3l7k6.jpg

w82ssh.jpg

j81aqg.jpg

DeadGzuz

Banned
Goldrusher said:
It's a Tyrannosaurus.

There are many fossils to be found. And a ton of other stuff.

Then the head is too small and the wrong shape, what do you expect from game makers :)

180px-Tyrannoskull.jpg

Notice the difference in temporal fenestra (large openings on the side of the skull), their configuration isn't even possible I think.

Guymelef said:
There are 10 meme trees in the area according the wiki.

So 30-40 (don't remember if was 3 or 4 per three) memes needed.
When the first grow at maximum the next appears.

Fuuuuuuuck. That's what I thought. I already have every fish at level 20, so I'm pissed that I could have already had this if I had gone back to the garden and realized a 2nd seedling had shown up. What's another hour of gameplay after 26? *shrug*

Should I post a pic of
Megalodon!!!!!!
?

Raistlin

Any other Asian games or BluRays (in English) people would recommend?

I'll probably order this later in the year, and wouldn't mind getting another game or movie. Might as well bundle a few items for shipping purposes.

Goldrusher

R1 R1 R1 R2 L1 L2 L2 L2 R1 R1 L1 L1 L2 L1 R1 R2 R1 L2 L2 L2 R1 R1 L1 L1 R2 R1 L2 L1 L1 L2 L1 R1 R2 L1

:lol

Who can memorize that shit ? Thank God for that 2ch guide...
Horrible to navigate in (using a broken Yahoo or Google translation), but for the twitter mini game, it's very handy.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Onix said:
Any other Asian games or BluRays (in English) people would recommend?

I'll probably order this later in the year, and wouldn't mind getting another game or movie. Might as well bundle a few items for shipping purposes.
If you don't want to wait (or want a disc version), the updated Chinese/Englishversion of Hakuna Matata(afrika) should be out in a week or two.

Goldrusher

I don't think it's a remake...

To those who played the original, did it have a "main story" about a missing explorer ? And a few dozen little side-stories ?

Goldrusher said:
I don't think it's a remake...

To those who played the original, did it have a "main story" about a missing explorer ? And a few dozen little side-stories ?

the only 'story' I recall from the original was simply the objective of creating your own coral reef and exploring. It was very simple.
It was back when ArtDink was dead-set on making 'relaxing, carefree' games- i.e. Tail of the Sun and Aquanaut's.

It had a lot of obscurity to it, as well... which I hope this version has.
I'll never forget finding the underwater sand-sculpture of an ass sticking up. :lol

Goldrusher

3311374.jpg

2j3pdur.jpg

33wqr76.jpg

:eek:

2pto5z8.jpg

24zekc0.jpg

If you had enough of all the crazy stories and mysteries, you can try to complete the "ocean database". There are over 500 fishes and creatures to find...

Whales are easy to spot... snails not so much. Like this one right here:

10s5e2d.jpg

Let's get a little closer. It's in the very center of the following photo:

s63okk.jpg

Can't get much closer than this:

6zsxat.jpg

!!!

reminder

I have a question regarding the trophies: If i import the english/chinese version and play it on my EU PS3 with german language settings, the trophies in my list will be in japanese? And only my buddys in my friendlist can see the english descriptions? Or can i see my trophies in english, too?

I read the thread but it's very confusing. ;)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
reminder said:
I have a question regarding the trophies: If i import the english/chinese version and play it on my EU PS3 with german language settings, the trophies in my list will be in japanese? And only my buddys in my friendlist can see the english descriptions? Or can i see my trophies in english, too?

Yes, I think you'll have to compare trophies to read the English description.

reminder

dallow_bg said:

Thanks, that should do it i think. I hate when i cannot understand anything but if it's possible to see the descriptions in english through comparing trophies i'll order it soon. :D

Guymelef

reminder said:

But you must change the dashboard to english first, if you have the console in other language (spanish in my case) the trophies appears in japanese even in the compare list.

33wqr76.jpg

This fish scared me the first time.

Goldrusher

DeadGzuz said:
180px-Tyrannoskull.jpg

Notice the difference in temporal fenestra (large openings on the side of the skull), their configuration isn't even possible I think.

dlic2f.jpg

Here's a better shot, looks good enough if you ask me...

Goldrusher

Beautiful creature.

Anyway, I need some help finding the following fishes:

S-171
S-195
S-219
M-022
M-053

:(

Also, how/when/where do the
planets
appear ? I already got one (
Saturn
), but haven't seen another since.

I know about the Japanese wiki, but - especially for the above stuff - it's not very detailed...

Goldrusher make sure you have gone to the "Biological Emergence Pattern" page on the Japanese wiki; it's crucial for finding a lot of the fishes like the spearfish which is one you need. The Lancet fish can be found in the deep crevice in 'Haven of Tuna' or whatever it's called. When I found it it was in the first group of fish while going down, so not too far. Just float all the way to the bottom and if you don't find it, return to base and try again.

I've gotta run now, but when I come back I'll tell you how to find the small ones you still need.

edit:
S-219: Go into the cave that was created when you rammed the rock that was blocking it (where the cannons are aiming). Then turn around and as you leave the cave to your immediate right you will see 3 flat pieces of coral. The fish is on there.

S-195: Just check all of the coral near #11 and #12 sonobuoy.

S-171: No idea since I found it without consulting the guide. Whenever you see a swarm of fish make sure you keep your cursor over them as there are usually at least 2 different species in the school.

Goldrusher

I knew about the patterns, but some of those fish are very hard to find, especially the really tiny ones, or those that swim around in large and/or deep areas.

I now have S-195 and S-219 as well, thanks for the details.
Found S-171 as one lone fish in a huge school of others, in the Sea of Prayer, south of the Mermaid Caves.
Small fish database complete.

As for the
planets
, I just read you have to complete a certain route through the reef to get them to appear. Then some more fishes to sing with and I'm done.

Goldrusher said:
As for the
planets
, I just read you have to complete a certain route through the reef to get them to appear. Then some more fishes to sing with and I'm done.

Yeah, the guide to get them is on the Japanese site. Also make sure you're aware you have to grown 10 meme trees in that one are. I only thought there was 1 which resulted in me having to continue the game after the singing fish.

Goldrusher

Meh, I can't get the
moon
to appear. :(

Nevermind, got it. Those things spawn pretty randomly and certainly didn't require you to travel half the map like the 2ch guide told you...
Anyway, medium creatures and items complete, full database complete. Golden dolphin trophy. :lol

DeadGzuz

Banned
Goldrusher said:
dlic2f.jpg

Here's a better shot, looks good enough if you ask me...

Ya, that looks much better, spot on!

Where is my copy Play Asia?!?!?!

Edit: Got my copy, this game is sweet. The graphics in game are far better than the SS. Love the mode and ocean so far.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Man this game is great. It is a great change from shooting and killing things, totalluy relaxing. I love the exploration and the whodunit story. My kids were facinated watching me, too bad they didn't see the Gret White and Right Whale, they were in bed :)

Now I'm stoked for Afrika too...

eXistor

Got the game in yesterday and I'm loving it so far. Just very simple and relaxing gameplay. Just the atmosphere of it all is very soothing. After playing so many supposed big titles that didn't do anything for me like GoW2 or PoP, this game has me so much more excited than those two games combined.

Top Bottom