• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

31 Days of Horror 4 |OT| The October Movie Marathon

White Man

Like, worst of the three bad?

I was going to maybe rent this or ABC's of Death 2 over the weekend. Or both.

Well, there's already one diverging opinion here, so give it a watch. People are split on the first two, so I'm sure this will also be.

I thought it was about as good as VHS2, except lacking a Safe Haven-quality story to make up for the mediocrity of the others. I'd say 2 of the stories are mediocre, one is flat out bad, and the wraparound is bad minus one good part.

h5wABH2.jpg

Pretty meh movie. I know it's suppose to be a comedy first and a "so bad it's good" film but it was just meh to me.

gc7Xdg1.jpg

This film was alright. The special effects were bad though.

Alright, did all 3 Tetsuo movies in 2 days.

Man, the audio mix on Bullet Man is so bad. Most of the dialogue is really quiet and everything else is SUPER LOUD. I had to crank the volume to make out what the characters were saying then would get blasted by music. My ears are still ringing.

16. Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

I feel like I've seen this too soon after The Cabin In The Woods, since this another subversion of the cabin slasher genre. This time however, it's more lighthearted. The hillbillies are friendly and everything is a misunderstanding. There still is an antagonist to deal with though, so don't toss it out halfway through on that premise. Overall, it's a good movie, but I do recommend seeing The Cabin In The Woods between the two.

1. White Zombie
2. Shadow of the Vampire
3. The Cabin in the Woods
4. The Stuff
5. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
6: Dawn of the Dead (1978)
7. Day of the Dead
8. House on Haunted Hill (1959)
9. Stephen King's Children of the Corn
10. The Blair Witch Project
11. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
12. Ravenous
13. Elvira: Mistress of the Dark
14. Rosemary's Baby
15. Fright Night

Vazduh

Horns was a huge disappointment for both me and my brother.

That damn unnecessary voice-over reeks of studio meddling, but even bigger offender for me were the last 15 minutes, when literally everything goes over-the-top.

The Crow this ain't.

Film 27 – Nosferatu (1922) (YouTube)

…the pictures of life will fade to shadows, haunting dreams will climb forth from your heart…

vt5E1Ye.png

So having watched White Zombie earlier in the month I found myself hankering for another oldie. And I felt that any self-respecting horror fan ought to at least try and watch Nosferatu at some point in their life. So I did, and it was actually pretty fun. It was also the first full length silent movie I’ve ever watched from start to finish, so that’s something else crossed off the list.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
1) Annabelle (Theater)
2) Carrie ('76, Netflix US)
3) Carrie ('13, Netflix US)
4) Scream 3 (Netflix US)
5) Hostel (Netflix Mexico)
6) The Woman in Black (Netflix Mexico)
7) Saw (Netflix Canada)
8) Dawn of the Dead ('04, Netflix Canada)
9) Child's Play (Netflix Canada)
10) Scary Movie (Netflix UK)
11) Saw II (Netflix Canada)
12) Saw III (Netflix Canada)
13) Las brujas de Zugarramurdi (Netflix Mexico)
14) Drag me to Hell (Netflix Sweden)
15) Scream 4 (Netflix Sweden)
16) The Craft (Netflix UK)
17) Dark Skies (Netflix UK)
18) Friday the 13th: Part 4: The Final Chapter (Netflix UK)
19) The Crazies (Netflix UK)
20) You're Next (Netflix US)
21) Day of the Dead (Netflix US)
22) Friday the 13th (2009, Netflix Mexico): 3.5/5 I think I'm in the minority when I say I like this movie. I thought it was a solid remake. I liked how fast and menacing Jason is in this film (admittedly, I don't remember most of the past movies, so I don't remember if he got fast at some point) . The killings were great. Some of the characters deaths are followed by cheers since they can be annoying. Overall, it is a decent horror watch.

23) Big Ass Spider (Netflix US): 3/5 Random pick. I wanted a over the top horror movie to watch. The dialogue between Alex and Jose made the movie for me. Especially the things Jose would say. The acting is horrible and the special effects are bad. The romance comes out of nowhere and fast. But even with that, I enjoyed it. I'm into these types of b-movies, so that probably helped.

It is a cheesy film with a ridiculous premise. Mindless fun.

ElTopo

Banned
The Friday the 13th remake works because it's just another Friday the 13th movie and it returns us back to the woods and camp site which is Jason's element. Great gore too.

I honestly don't understand why the Friday remake gets the hate it does. It's way better than most of original series sequels. I really like it.

And yeah, GK86, he was pretty fast up until the 6th movie since
he was still a live human in those earlier movies

F13th is on the few franchises I think needed a reboot after the direction it took with Goes to Hell, FvJ, and Jason X. Another sequel just wouldn't work, so why not reboot it? Think it was a good reboot. And yup, Jason ran in parts 2 and 3 clearly

And just watched Dead Snow 2: Red Vs Dead. Thought this was a ton of fun... dat ending!

F13th is on the few franchises I think needed a reboot after the direction it took with Goes to Hell, FvJ, and Jason X. Another sequel just wouldn't work, so why not reboot it? Think it was a good reboot. And yup, Jason ran in parts 2 and 3 clearly

It's been a while since I've seen it, but wasn't he practically a track star in Part 4? He missed his true calling.

Oreoleo

#15 Annabelle
oUhXNvJ.jpg

Cliche ridden and ultimately ineffective, I think this would have worked more if they'd made it more about the doll rather than the demon behind it. Or at least kept the main characters in the dark for a larger portion of the movie, instead of having them proactively working against the demon for half the movie. The side characters removed a lot of feeling of isolation and helplessness that I think would have served the movie well. 2.5/5

#16 The Amityville Horror
nSHBH6i.jpg

This started out strong but kept fumbling as the movie went on. Some plot lines that went no where (The priest is blind and left at a park bench and never even meets the main characters of the movie; the cop/investigator spends half the movie parked outside the house but never shows up in the final act. Both seem to serve to pad out running time) and an underwhelming final act (It seems they leave the house mainly because they can't get a good nights sleep) left me feeling kind of confused as to why this is considered a classic. Margot Kidder was a fox though, got dang. 2/5

--
#1 The Conjuring
#2 Insidious
#3 Insidious: Chapter 2
#4 Sinister
#5 The Awakening
#6 Hellraiser
#7 The Last Exorcism
#8 The Last Exorcism Part 2
#9 You're Next
#10 Interview with the Vampire
#11 Alien
#12 Honeymoon
#13 Willow Creek
#14 Fright Night

Movie #16: V/H/S 2

Finally went back to finish V/H/S 2 after tapping out due to motion sickness. I liked it more than the first one but not by much. I probably liked the last one of the most since I like a good alien attack. Like the first one, I really like some of the concepts but they kind of stumble on the execution.

Gameboy415

1. Lifeforce (Blu-Ray)
2. Sleepaway Camp (Blu-Ray)
3. White Zombie (Netflix)
4. The Video Dead (Blu-Ray)
5. Prince of Darkness (Blu-Ray)
6. Tormented 3D (Blu-Ray)
7. Night of the Demons (Blu-Ray)
8. From Beyond (Blu-Ray)
9. Body Bags (Blu-Ray)
10. The Dungeon Master (AKA: Ragewar) (DVD)
11. Cellar Dweller (DVD)
12. Contamination .7 (DVD)
13. Catacombs (DVD)
14. How to Make a Monster (DVD)
15. House on Haunted Hill (DVD)
16. Terror Train (Blu-Ray)
17. The Thing From Another World (DVD)
18. What's the Matter with Helen? (DVD)
19. The Vagrant (DVD)
20. The Godsend (DVD)
21. The Outing (AKA: The Lamp) (DVD)
22. Swamp Thing (Blu-Ray)
23. The Darkest Hour (Blu-Ray 3D)
24. Death Kappa (Blu-Ray)
25. Evilspeak (Blu-Ray)

26. Tales From the Crypt: Ritual (Netflix)

Ritual_poster.jpg

-I was a bit disappointed there wasn't a Cryptkeeper intro (I'm not sure why it got labeled as part of the Tales From the Crypt series), but I actually enjoyed this one quite a bit. The story was pretty interesting and I enjoyed Jennifer Grey & Tim Curry's performances.

Steamlord

#36 - Fright Night II

Meh. I didn't hate it, but it didn't come close to the original. Still, Alex is more than just a stand-in for Amy, and there's kind of a buddy-cop dynamic between Charley and Peter Vincent that I enjoyed. Also bowling roller skating vampires.

Divius

I saw the new VHS but I am not even going to count that garbage towards my list this year even though I am behind already.

strobogo

Banned
#15 Annabelle
oUhXNvJ.jpg

Cliche ridden and ultimately ineffective, I think this would have worked more if they'd made it more about the doll rather than the demon behind it. Or at least kept the main characters in the dark for a larger portion of the movie, instead of having them proactively working against the demon for half the movie. The side characters removed a lot of feeling of isolation and helplessness that I think would have served the movie well. 2.5/5

Annabelle was so BORING. Now, I had not seen The Conjuring. I assumed this was going to be a killer doll movie. I get free movies with my friend at my theater and I haven't seen a horror movie in years in theaters. Probably since Freddy vs Jason, which is barely a horror movie at all. Imagine my surprise when I'm sitting there and finding out the doll doesn't do dick, and it is actually a cult/demon movie. Then I realize about 10 minutes of the movie is devoted to the demon and Not Manson Family. Both of them. Combined. A solid 85% of the movie was devoted to two of the most boring and bland characters/actors imaginable. Another 10% or so was devoted to the Magical Negro and creepy priest who actually isn't creepy. The other 5% was devoted the demon/doll/bullshit fake outs.

It tried to be a generic 70s cult movie/Rosemary's Baby/The Omen/generic demon movie/creepy doll movie and sucked at all of them. The thing that pissed me off the most was all the build up with the sewing machine. SO much build up to something terrible happening with it and the pay off is just a scratch. That god damn sewing machine was built up more than anything in the movie. The payoff being what it was was straight up offensive to a movie devoid of anything else interesting or scary.

Ouija was even worse, though. Which I most definitely expected. In fact, that's the only reason we went to see it over John Wick. For the MST3K experience. Even that part wasn't fun. The absolute dumbest group of kids I've seen in any horror movie ever. EVER. It's genuinely insulting how stupid they are. A movie in 2014 having horror movie teens that stupid is unforgivable. Every single choice they make in the entire movie is the absolute worst possible decision. You'd think it was a parody, but it's 100% straight. I had negative expectations going into the movie and it didn't even live up to those. It wasn't even so bad it's bad. It's dull as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck and could be aired on ABC Family with no editing. Zero gore. Zero bad language. Zero sexual innuendo. There is ONE scene in the entire movie with any blood and it is just a few drops in water. Almost all of the movie is false jump scare bullshit and the main character is completely responsible for all of the bad shit happening, yet seems to not be broken up about it at all. The mom of the character
who sets off the plot by being possessed and hanging herself
seems almost completely unphased by her daughter
committing suicide in her own house
and then all of the adults in the movie find a reason to leave town for the rest of the story. It's just...so dull and stupid. I get that it was based on a board "game". The expectations are as low as possible. Battleship was a perfectly acceptable stupid ass summer movie. Ouija is like 90s animated Pound Puppies level of Hasbro based movies.

Oreoleo

The thing that pissed me off the most was all the build up with the sewing machine. SO much build up to something terrible happening with it and the pay off is just a scratch. That god damn sewing machine was built up more than anything in the movie. The payoff being what it was was straight up offensive to a movie devoid of anything else interesting or scary.

LOL, I didn't think about it much but you are so right. There were at least 3 or 4 closeup shots of her sewing and you KNEW she was gonna stick her finger at some point so when it finally happened it wasn't surprising or anything. What a waste of time.

strobogo

Banned
LOL, I didn't think about it much but you are so right. There were at least 3 or 4 closeup shots of her sewing and you KNEW she was gonna stick her finger at some point so when it finally happened it wasn't surprising or anything. What a waste of time.

The lack of surprise wasn't my issue. Obviously it was building up to a scene where she is distracted and the needle goes through her finger or hand. Or the machine takes over. Or the doll. Or the demon. WHATEVER it was, it was building towards something gruesome. Then when it happens, she pricks her finger, says "Ow" and that's it. She might as well have pricked it with a hand held sewing needle. Those mother fuckers. It never came into play in the rest of the movie at all. I don't think she even had a bandage on it at any point after that. It was just a bunch of build up for a prick on the finger.

ElTopo

Banned
26. Tales From the Crypt: Ritual (Netflix)

Ritual_poster.jpg

-I was a bit disappointed there wasn't a Cryptkeeper intro (I'm not sure why it got labeled as part of the Tales From the Crypt series), but I actually enjoyed this one quite a bit. The story was pretty interesting and I enjoyed Jennifer Grey & Tim Curry's performances.

That's weird. I remember when the TV show was released on DVD Ritual was released with the Cryptkeeper intro (I don't think there's an outro). Not that you're missing much, other then hearing Johnny Kassir doing the Cryptkeeper voice again the's nothing going on. It just has the Cryptkeeper sitting near a pool with a rasta haicut, and we keep cutting back to girls in bikini's. The puppetry on the Cryptkeeper is absolutely horrible.

I didn't like the flick but it at least had a good melting scene.

gabbo

Am way behind on movies, will have to make up for it this week.
October 24th Movie #17 - Amer
Another one pulled directly from this thread that I had never heard of, and, is absolutely stunning. Subtitles were almost unnecessary, as there's next to no dialogue in the three vignettes about Ana's life. Actually somewhat scary too, at least suspenseful. The first and third stories are able to build real tension with their weird goings on. That I watched 3/4 of the film without subtitles was all the better. Beautifully shot, surreal little film, that, and I'm being honest here, actually caused me to have a nightmare (that I don't remember anything about other than waking up scared). First time for these films and first time in I don't know how many years that's happened. Definitely recommend this trip through a young woman's life.

Gameboy415

That's weird. I remember when the TV show was released on DVD Ritual was released with the Cryptkeeper intro (I don't think there's an outro). Not that you're missing much, other then hearing Johnny Kassir doing the Cryptkeeper voice again the's nothing going on. It just has the Cryptkeeper sitting near a pool with a rasta haicut, and we keep cutting back to girls in bikini's. The puppetry on the Cryptkeeper is absolutely horrible.

I didn't like the flick but it at least had a good melting scene.

Interesting, I'll have to check that out!
I actually own the movie on DVD but I was scrolling through Netflix last night and saw that they had it in HD so I opted to stream it instead.

This film is quite simply...awesome. It is the best film I've seen during this event by far. I can see why some people disliked it originally as it is a very different zombie film but that's what makes it so great. The atmosphere and pacing are very well done. I have yet to see Dawn of the Dead but I'll change that tonight. Hope it's nearly as good as this.

Zombine

Banned
This film is quite simply...awesome. It is the best film I've seen during this event by far. I can see why some people disliked it originally as it is a very different zombie film but that's what makes it so great. The atmosphere and pacing are very well done. I have yet to see Dawn of the Dead but I'll change that tonight. Hope it's nearly as good as this.

I've been horrible about posting so far, but Day was my #9 film of the month. Really one of my favorite Zombie films, and one of Romero's last real works of art before he jumps the zombie shark.

#01 White Zombie (1932) (October 1)
#02 Zombie Strippers (2008) (October 2 - 3)
#03 Sweet Home (1989) (October 3)
#04 Cradle of Fear (2001) (October 4 - 5)
#05 I Bury the Living (1958) (October 5 - 6)
#06 The Little Shop of Horrors (1960) (October 6 - 7)
#07 Zombieland (2009) (October 7 - 8)
#08 The Mansion of Madness / Dr. Tarr's Torture Dungeon (1973) (October 8 - 9)
#09 Sinister (2012) (October 9)
#10 The Conjuring (2013) (October 10)
#11 House on Haunted Hill (1959) (October 11)
#12 V/H/S (2012) (October 12 - 13)
#13 Funny Man (1994) (October 13 - 15)
#14 Carnival of Souls (1962) (October 15)
#15 Ravenous (1999) (October 16 - 17)
#16 Horror Express (1972) (October 17 - 20)
#17 Zombies Vs. Strippers (2012) (October 21 - 24)

#18 Zombies! Zombies! Zombies! (2008) (October 24 - 25)

ThirstyFly recommended me those two after I mentioned watching this:

#02 Zombie Strippers (2008) (October 2 - 3)

Be sure to catch Zombies vs Strippers and Zombies Zombies Zombies: Strippers vs Zombies

None are masterpieces (obviously), but oh, what a trashy weekend marathon they'd make together. I personally think ZZZ is the best of the 3.

Thanks again, ThirstyFly, this was indeed a trash and fun "trilogy"!

I can't tell which one I like the most, as each of them has its own charm.
Zombies Strippers: certainly the one that makes the best use of the core idea behind the three movies. Also: one or two famous faces, which is always nice.
Zombies Vs. Strippers: to me, the strong point of this one is the characters. There's something likeable about this bunch of assholes. I grew attached to them.
Zombies! Zombies! Zombies!: best (and most fucked up) ending IMO.

Regarding Zombies! Zombies! Zombies!: is it just me, or is there something evilorish about this dude?
ErZ0Af3.jpg

gabbo

Bub > *, and much more sympathetic than what followed in Land.
It gets a lot of flack, some deserved, some not.
You watching them out of order is going to be interesting to see from outside. I wonder if you'll like Day as much after or Dawn or feel like Dawn is way too goofy by comparison.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I honestly don't understand why the Friday remake gets the hate it does. It's way better than most of original series sequels. I really like it.

And yeah, GK86, he was pretty fast up until the 6th movie since
he was still a live human in those earlier movies

Ahh ok. I haven't seen them in ages. Except for Part 4, which I saw for this marathon. I didn't like it too much.

Anyone know how the rest of the movies hold up? Or at least 5 and above (only ones on Netflix).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
1) Annabelle (Theater)
2) Carrie ('76, Netflix US)
3) Carrie ('13, Netflix US)
4) Scream 3 (Netflix US)
5) Hostel (Netflix Mexico)
6) The Woman in Black (Netflix Mexico)
7) Saw (Netflix Canada)
8) Dawn of the Dead ('04, Netflix Canada)
9) Child's Play (Netflix Canada)
10) Scary Movie (Netflix UK)
11) Saw II (Netflix Canada)
12) Saw III (Netflix Canada)
13) Las brujas de Zugarramurdi (Netflix Mexico)
14) Drag me to Hell (Netflix Sweden)
15) Scream 4 (Netflix Sweden)
16) The Craft (Netflix UK)
17) Dark Skies (Netflix UK)
18) Friday the 13th: Part 4: The Final Chapter (Netflix UK)
19) The Crazies (Netflix UK)
20) You're Next (Netflix US)
21) Day of the Dead (Netflix US)
22) Friday the 13th (2009, Netflix Mexico)
23) Big Ass Spider (Netflix US)
24) Night of the Creeps (Netflix US): 4/5 I watched this based on a review a poster gave on the film. It was my first watching this movie. It was a really fun movie. It has a couple of different horror elements thrown in, but it works really well here. The characters are great. The practical effects are well done. I dug the black and white scenes at the beginning. Well worth the watch.

Edit -

25) Nosferatu (Netflix US): 3/5 First time watching a silent film, so it was an interesting experience. The movie was decent. The creature is clearly the star of the film. Creepy and just great looking. Really impressive with how the creature turned out.

Bub > *, and much more sympathetic than what followed in Land.
It gets a lot of flack, some deserved, some not.
You watching them out of order is going to be interesting to see from outside. I wonder if you'll like Day as much after or Dawn or feel like Dawn is way too goofy by comparison.
So far I've seen Night (hasn't aged that well) and Day. I sort of want to see the newer films in the series but hear that they are horrible. I am shocked that "Land of the Dead, wasn't called "Dusk of the Dead" as it would comfortably continue the naming tradition of the series.

gabbo

So far I've seen Night (hasn't aged that well) and Day. I sort of want to see the newer films in the series but hear that they are horrible. I am shocked that "Land of the Dead, wasn't called "Dusk of the Dead" as it would comfortably continue the naming tradition of the series.

Have you seen Night 1990? Tom Savini's take is worth seeing at least once. Land is okay and agree, it should have been called "dusk', given the themes it presents. Everything after that can probably be avoided unless you're really serious about seeing all his zombie films. Try 'Martin' instead.

Film 28 – Livid (DVD)

Do not confuse the day with the night.

iPrvmDe.png

I get that this is a movie, and events have to be set in motion, but there should be a law that stops characters in films doing things in normal, ordinary situations that they wouldn’t do in normal, ordinary real life. Livid starts with a young woman on the first day of a job helping a nurse visiting elderly patients who need care in their homes. When they reach the third house, a large, isolated property behind some big iron gates, the young woman is told to wait in the car because ‘she isn’t ready for this patient yet’. She does as she’s told, for about 30 seconds, before deciding she doesn’t want to wait, and gets out, goes through the gates, along the path through the large front garden, up to the house, where she opens the front door without knocking or ringing a bell, and goes straight upstairs without calling out or making her presence known in any way. Maybe I’m unusual, but I don’t know anyone who would ever do this is real life unless it was an emergency, no matter how curious or impatient they might be. Yet people in films, and in horror films particularly, do shit like this all the bloody time. This is the second film I’ve watched this month where the protagonist just wanders into a house in a completely unrealistic way. The fact that in this case the young woman ends up being congratulated by the nurse for doing exactly what she was told not to doesn’t make it any more realistic, it just makes it seem even more ridiculous. It’s such unimaginative writing. There are other ways you can get her in the house if that’s where you need her to be, you lazy bastards, ways that don’t make me think your main character is a weird idiot! /rant

Anyway, this isn’t the only ridiculous thing that occurs in Livid, but the film’s an entertainingly blood-splattered fairytale nonetheless. It tells the story of what happens to three young people who go looking for legendary treasure in a spooky old house on Halloween. The treasure is not what they were expecting, surprise surprise, and soon they’re in all sorts of trouble. There’s an interesting backstory to the whole thing and plenty of gory fun, not to mention a chilling cameo from Beatrice Dalle. Plus it stars Chloe Coulloud, an actress I must admit I could watch all day. I'm hoping they keep her on board for the English language remake that is apparently in development. :)

Verdict: While not a patch on Inside, the directors’ previous and much more intense effort, any film which features a pub called L’Agneau Abattu is never going to be all bad. Livid is not a classic like An American Werewolf in London by any means, but it’s still pretty good, in its own daft and creepy way.

gabbo

October 25th Movie 18 - Noroi: The Curse
J-Horror ghost story AND found footage documentary style? Yes please. Well, that was my initial thought at first.Some good tension built up, and the main characters are pretty well played, but the tale gets a bit convoluted by the end. Not particularly scary, mostly because it nails the documentary angle too well, and didn't put up enough actual tension on screen when it wasn't ghost/demon time. Except the dam/forest scene. Oh, and the face drawn by Kana is pretty much a dead giveaway early on, so that backfired. Satisfying, but not amazing.

Ahh ok. I haven't seen them in ages. Except for Part 4, which I saw for this marathon. I didn't like it too much.

Anyone know how the rest of the movies hold up? Or at least 5 and above (only ones on Netflix).

6 is probably the best in the series. If you didn't like 4 then I doubt any of the others would work for you.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
25) Nosferatu (Netflix US): 3/5 First time watching a silent film, so it was an interesting experience. The movie was decent. The creature is clearly the star of the film. Creepy and just great looking. Really impressive with how the creature turned out.

i've read they got a real vampire to do it. i think they still had those back then so might be true.

Still a great watch. Nancy is one of my favorite leads in the genre, the soundtrack is great, and the effects still hold up really well.

Not a great film by any means but horror films with homoerotic themes/subtext are hard to come by. I feel like this deserves a bit of credit for that. (If anyone would care to point me to any other genre films with similar themes that would be cool.)

Really curious about what the reactions were like at release to some of the scenes.

This is the last film in the series that I remembered a decent amount of. It was cool to have Nancy back and the dream powers were a nice idea. Even though I'm a fan of some of the one-liners, I'm not sure how they will hold up if it becomes a series wide thing from this point.

---

OP.
1. Halloween (1978) *
2. The Battery
3. Halloween II (1981) *
4. Annabelle
5. Halloween III: Season of the Witch
6. The Wicker Man
7. The Wicker Tree
8. Toad Road
9. Evil Dead II
10. Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers *
11. Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers *
12. Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers (Producer's Cut)
13. 28 Days Later... *
14. 28 Weeks Later *
15. Halloween H20: 20 Years Later *
16. May
17. Halloween (2007) *
18. White Zombie
19. Halloween II (2009) *
20. Wrong Turn *
21. Suspiria
22. The Thing (1982)
23. Sleepaway Camp *
24. Exists
25. Friday the 13th: Part 4: The Final Chapter *
26. The Mad Magician 3D
27. The Blob (1988)
28. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
29. Kidnapped
30. Dream Home
31. Would You Rather
32. Wishmaster
33. Midnight Meat Train
34. Triangle
* = rewatch

While I am sort of keeping pace with movies, I'm ridiculously behind on reviews. I thought I'd go ahead and list the movies I've watched and then, hopefully, go back later and add reviews.

6 The Burning [October 6]
7 My Bloody Valentine [October 7]
8 Terror Train [October 8]
9 Silent Night Deadly Night [October 12]
10 Hell Night [October 13]
11 The Phantom of the Opera [October 14]
12 Nightbreed: The Director's Cut [October 15]
13 The Town that Dreaded Sundown (2014) [October 17]
14 Hills Run red [October 19]
15 Dark Ride [October 19]
16 Venom [October 20]
17 Hatchet [October 20]
18 Intruder [October 20]
19 See No Evil [October 21]
20 See No Evil 2 [October 21]

I should catch-up on movies over the next few days. The reviews.... I'm not really sure about that.

izakq

CreepshowPoster.jpg

Movie #23 - Creepshow (1982) - Rent

I remember seeing this one in the theater (I was 9 at the time, thanks big brother), and this blew me away. Seeing it again, it was still fun to watch. "Where's my cake?" I had completely forgot that line. And Ed Harris, full set of hair and a dancing fool. I remember Leslie Nielsen being in on "Something to Tide You Over" but didn't know Ted Danson was in it as well. Anyway, nothing scary, but still fun to watch. Thumbs up.

Candymanposter.jpg

Movie #24 - Candyman (1992) - Netflix

Another movie I remember seeing in the theater at college. After that, my friends and I would all taunt each other to say Candyman in the mirror. None of us did. Another fun film to watch. Tony Todd did a great job as Candyman with that bloody hook and deep and almost hypnotic voice. I thought the movie did drag a bit right after Helen finds out about her
husband living with a student
but then the ending was great. Thumbs up.

Top Bottom