• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"To Begin With? Everything." The Official ROCK BAND Thread (M3wThr33: WE HATE YOU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenks

Not to mention from you posts you seem better than me at guitar Dave. You'll do fine. The RB engine takes a bit of getting used to but overall I prefer it to the GHWT engine.

Here is a little tip that took me about forever to learn. Don't always HOPO in the RB engine. Its very unforgiving. Unless it is a quick HOPO I generally just strum it. Even the scales in Prequel to the Sequel I do.

FF_VIII

Banned
McBradders said:
Oh fuck, really? I'm currently in a livechat with a gameplay representative, looks like I'll be up early tomorrow scouting for a copy elsewhere then.

ANGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

EDIT: Gameplay has indeed not recieved stock. Wanker suppliers. I booked a day off work and everything :( :( :( :( :( :(

Well, that sucks.

I'm gonna have to check my Gamestop now :/

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
TheGreatDave said:
RB's hyperspeed is a little too fast though, from what I've seen.
If you've only seen it on Youtube, that's why. It's like how the guitar battle tracks in GH are harder because of the smaller note highway, or how a lot of people score worse in multiplayer. If anything, I'd speed it up. Ideally, I want HS3.5. RB2's is more like HS2.25

DarkJC

I wouldn't speed it up, it needs to be a tad slower. I don't use it cause the notes come at me a little too fast, but I don't really have a problem with the standard Expert speed in the engine either.

The Jer

You see more of the highway in GH, so the speed comparisons aren't really valid. Even if they move at the same speed, you see the notes sooner in GH. (breakneck speed is probably faster than hyperspeed 2, but it feels just right nonetheless, perfect actually)

Also, why only one speed option? breakneck brings guitar up to the perfect speed. But the perfect drum speed is about halfway between the normal drum speed and the breakneck drum speed.
And, why do I have to select the option everytime? why can't I save a speed option for each instrument?
Also, <insert multiplayer speed option rant here>

PedroRVD

XShagrath said:
Today marks the 1 year anniversary of the Rock Band platform!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROCK BAND!!!

woohoooo!!!

happy birthday Rock Band !!!

A game that has marked a new era of enjoyment in my life!!

BRAVOOOO!

BIAB comes out on all platforms at the same time in Urop.

5:25 today - "crap, rb 2 tomorrow! forgot to preorder!" (ea didn't send it in the end)
"ShopTo sends out next day before 5:30... fuckfuckfuck"

Prawntoast

Neo Member
painey said:
just found out game and gameplay havent received their stock.. livid. I cant cancel my order with game because I used my points up.

I feel that pain. Also ordered from Game and got hosed. :mad:

Thankfully Left4Dead is in transit (Ooh baby!) but the RB2 delay is a real kick in the nuts. I think I might go on a wander and buy it from HMV or the like and sent the Game one back if I don't cancel it before then.

Why did they have to fuck up on RB2 of all games?

AMUSIX

TAJ said:
The idea that Death Magnetic should count when it came out six weeks before GH:WT, and was usable in GH3.
If you're going to count DLC from a previous game that happens to work later in GH:WT, you might as well say that RB2 has had 400 DLC songs released since September.
Or if we wanted a more fair comparison, we could throw in the six weeks of RB DLC before the GH:WT release date.
Ahhh, OK...now I understand....I was trying to be nice :)

Right, time to fire up RB for the last day or so... I think I did pretty poor on the achievement getting - never finished any guitar tours... only a few locations completed... :/

Didn't get to play that much guitar before letting a friend borrow it, but I did manage to pass Painkiller and Bodhisattva on sightread and almost passed Visions (69% on first try, 97% on second, after that my hand was so broken I couldn't get even 40%).

Singing feels more responsive than RB1, which is good since I was planning on sticking to hard. There still seems to be relatively few singers, since I'm already at 20k on the leaderboards after only 19 songs.

Magik

Taken from Scorehero.

Right in the music store on new releases it shows the following DLC:

Soundgarden Singles:
Jesus Christ Pose
Preety Noose

Lamb of God- Laid To Rest

Yngwie Malmsteen Pack 01
Red Devil
Damnation Game
Caprici Di Diablo

The Kilers Pack 01
Spaceman
Mr. Brightside
Smile Like You Mean It

XShagrath

That DLC is gonna be nuts! Grabbing Yngwie and Jesus Chris Pose for sure!

The new Yngwie album's got Tim "Ripper" Owens on vocals. We're one stop closer to Iced Earth DLC!

Can't see them to buy under NEW RELEASES in Europe, but I see them in the promo area in game (RB1)

Ah well, think I'll do the song export. Excitement for RB2? Yse plz! I'm so excited, I even played GH3 for some achievements.

Johnkers

Holy fucking shit @ Jesus Christ Pose. Those vocals are going to MURRRDER.

Either way I'm obliged to buy both songs, those and The Killers pack. Fuck I still need to catch up on Nirvana and Foo Fighters too!

I'm going to run out of MS points oh so soon

XShagrath

fistfulofmetal said:
Thats where he went when Barlow came back? Dudes needs to find a steady gig.
He had his own band called "Beyond Fear" in 2006 with one album, and I guess that fell through, so now he's with Yngwie. Yeah, needs to find a steady gig.

And you starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
In your jesus christ poseeeeeeeee.

Chris Cornell's voice hatred excused.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Yea, they're not available for download, they're just showing up on the 'new releases' image rotation.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
JonathanEx said:
Can't see them to buy under NEW RELEASES in Europe, but I see them in the promo area in game (RB1)

Ah well, think I'll do the song export. Excitement for RB2? Yse plz! I'm so excited, I even played GH3 for some achievements.

I was wondering what you were up to :/

It is pretty fucking crazy that Ripper Owens may soon be in Rock Band :lol
I honestly never expected that.
It's true, my dream of playing Dante's Inferno in RB may one day come true.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
TheGreatDave said:
And you starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
In your jesus christ poseeeeeeeee.

Chris Cornell's voice hatred excused.
That song sucks soooooooo hard.

edit: But I'll probably get it anyways because the drums are insane.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
JonathanEx said:
Well, I got the free copy of GH3, need to get something out of it.

...can they release The Killers tracks now, as RB2 celebration..?

Did you get your ShopTo order in?

I managed to get mine in (jesus their CC system is a picky fucker, gotta put spaces between the sets of numbers), should be here tomorrow *sweats*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom