• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"To Begin With? Everything." The Official ROCK BAND Thread (M3wThr33: WE HATE YOU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
McBradders said:
Did you get your ShopTo order in?

I managed to get mine in (jesus their CC system is a picky fucker, gotta put spaces between the sets of numbers), should be here tomorrow *sweats*
I honestly don't know, it's through my Dad's account - can't check the email.

Oh wait, I know the shopto password. Oh god.

XShagrath

fistfulofmetal said:
It is pretty fucking crazy that Ripper Owens may soon be in Rock Band :lol
I honestly never expected that.
It's true, my dream of playing Dante's Inferno in RB may one day come true.
I would kill for Burnt Offerings (album or track) as DLC!

For once I'm glad that the No Doubt pack isn't scheduled yet. My 360 red-ringed yesterday. I'll be picking up The Killers pack when I get my system back.

DMart

Neo Member
If that's true I'll be getting everything on Tuesday, great week! Probably most excited for Laid to Rest though (looks like I'm the only one). Terrible GH2 cover redeemed!

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
birdman said:
Laid to Rest was in GH2 wasn't it?

Yep. This'll be the 6th GH2 song in RB. And 5 from GH80s. And 2 from GH1. (I'm counting the two Ace of Spades as the same.)

And while I'm at it, there's 5 overlaps with GH:Aerosmith.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Charron said:
Yep. This'll be the 6th GH2 song in RB. And 5 from GH80s. And 2 from GH1. (I'm counting the two Ace of Spades as the same.)

And while I'm at it, there's 5 overlaps with GH:Aerosmith.
Just need a few more songs from Guitar Hero 2 and it can finally be laid to rest. (haw)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Oh god I wish you could press A to activate vocal overdrive. I just missed a 5 star on Pinball Wizard because I was unable to activate overdrive before the last available OD phrase.

AMUSIX

Magik said:
Yngwie Malmsteen Pack 01
Red Devil
Damnation Game
Caprici Di Diablo
Yngwie Malmsteen Pack 01
Fuck yes, I'm a happy man...not only a Malmsteen pack, but possibly more to come. Heck, and more Malmsteen can only mean greater potential for Vai, Satch, and other guitar virtuoso acts.

I hadn't heard jesus christ pose before, but Pretty Noose is a great song. I'll definitely pick up those tracks and at least 1 or 2 Killers songs.

Nisa65

Greet week for DLC, although I would have preferred that the Soundgarden tracks come as a pack rather than singles, Outshined would have rounded things off nicely.

Malmsteen is gonna annihilate every expert guitarist, not really a fan tbh but if Yngwie can make it in RockBand then it raises my hopes for some Paul Gilbert/Racer X.

Anything by Soundgarden is very welcome (although I'm not quite done with Superunknown yet: Fell on Black Days and The Day I Tried to Live please)...I would like to see some more Alice in Chains too.

Nisa65 said:
Greet week for DLC, although I would have preferred that the Soundgarden tracks come as a pack rather than singles, Outshined would have rounded things off nicely.

Malmsteen is gonna annihilate every expert guitarist, not really a fan tbh but if Yngwie can make it in RockBand then it raises my hopes for some Paul Gilbert/Racer X.

I'd also like Blow Up the Outside World and Fell On Black Days, so I think that we could see another Soundgarden 3 pack. Also, why haven't we seen any Audioslave since GH1?

birdman

Charron said:

Blah. Automatic no on that then. Only song on the main setlist I hated on GH2, beside sword.

Johnkers

Affeinvasion said:
Anything by Soundgarden is very welcome (although I'm not quite done with Superunknown yet: Fell on Black Days and The Day I Tried to Live please)...I would like to see some more Alice in Chains too.

I can already hear the terrible "Them Bones" cover. Harmonix needs to redeem themselves for that :(

impirius

I will surely buy every Soundgarden song they release, but if they announce Burden In My Hand, I might just camp out in front of the PS3 until the song appears on the PSN store.

Rock Band 2 is becoming my favorite party game ever... we haven't touched Smash Bros. in a couple of months because of it.

M3wThr33

Banned
It's such a weird mixed blessing that this thread title helps make it stick out, but at the same time, my name... I don't know how to feel.

Another Rock Band party is tomorrow night. Any other questions about the stage kit? We'll give it another shot.

ElNarez

Banned
Hey, now that RB2 is out in Europe, let's make an avatar roll call ! I'll start :
Arez-422x281_1_avatar_420.jpg

(Oh, by the way, the game is awesome. So awesome.)

Costanza

Banned
soundgarden, awesome.
killers, we knew about but awesome.

lamb of god, fucking garbage.
Yngwie Malmsteen, absolutely no idea who this is

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Fuck Dave Grohl!

Man, the timing on the kick is taking forever to get used to :(

So how do I make a band of my own dudes? :eek:

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.

painey

got mine from blockbuster, decided i will return the game one when it comes. So far I love the graphics (same as last years but I really dig the art style) and I love how its much simpler than GH3, its just about the music, no shitty art patterns on the fret board etc, but I HATE how they fucked up the single play. Both RB2 and GHWT really fucked around with it, but at least GHWTs has some similarity, in RB2 im forced to play random songs and repeatedly, and not only that I have to play them in sessions when I just want to load up and play a new song. Why did they change from the long list of songs to play that unlock the next when you beat the previous?! Its lame for single play. Also, repeat songs from GHWT sucks.

Knox

painey said:
got mine from blockbuster, decided i will return the game one when it comes. So far I love the graphics (same as last years but I really dig the art style) and I love how its much simpler than GH3, its just about the music, no shitty art patterns on the fret board etc, but I HATE how they fucked up the single play. Both RB2 and GHWT really fucked around with it, but at least GHWTs has some similarity, in RB2 im forced to play random songs and repeatedly, and not only that I have to play them in sessions when I just want to load up and play a new song. Why did they change from the long list of songs to play that unlock the next when you beat the previous?! Its lame for single play. Also, repeat songs from GHWT sucks.
Play the challenges, not the tour. You unlock stuff so much faster that way and barely replay anything, yet everyone misses it and complains about how hard it is to unlock songs. The reason they don't do it like they used to is because there's 84/85 songs on the disks now, and I think most people would rather get to the songs they want to play quicker, rather than beating every one.

AMUSIX

painey said:
...but I HATE how they fucked up the single play. Both RB2 and GHWT really fucked around with it, but at least GHWTs has some similarity, in RB2 im forced to play random songs and repeatedly, and not only that I have to play them in sessions when I just want to load up and play a new song. Why did they change from the long list of songs to play that unlock the next when you beat the previous?! Its lame for single play...
This has been addressed so many times...

If you're that hard up for the "play these four songs to unlock the next four" pattern, play the challenges. You can either play the instrument specific challenges (the Bass career opens after playing the first guitar set) or you can play through the marathons. All challenges will save your progress if you only want to play a song or two, or if you want to bounce around between the different challenges.

The only differences between this method and the old list is that 1)you have to play the songs in set order (but this is alleviated by bouncing around between challenges) and 2)you have to play all the songs before unlocking the next set.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
There is no fucking flying cap and goggles in 2... only stupid crash helmet!

FUCK YOU HARMONIX!

Just kidding, I love you guys, like totally...

The_20Angry_20Salesmen-422x281_avatar_420.jpg

UraMallas

Costanza said:
soundgarden, awesome.
killers, we knew about but awesome.

lamb of god, fucking garbage.
Yngwie Malmsteen, absolutely no idea who this is
All I know is that there is an achievement in GHII with his name on it. You get it for a 1000 note streak so I'm guessing he's a really great guitar player?

Pretty Noose is an awesome song. They picked some of my favorite Killers stuff so I'm happy there. Lamb of God is bleh. Looks like I agree almost totally.

fatty

M3wThr33 said:
It's such a weird mixed blessing that this thread title helps make it stick out, but at the same time, my name... I don't know how to feel.

Another Rock Band party is tomorrow night. Any other questions about the stage kit? We'll give it another shot.

Yeah, I always wondered, why do we hate you?

Porkepik

Are there only people playing expert online? Kinda dull because I'm playing Drums on medium (hard for easier songs) and it seems people playing expert don't want to have anything to do with guys like me. Is it possible to match with people playing at my level .
I'm not a gaming god and expert drums is far from me at this time (succeeded only 2 song on expert at the moment Eye of the tiger and living on a prayer, don't want to try again have to pratcice more)I don't want to make a band fail a song because of me trying things out of my league (I can do most song 95-99% on medium)

So if people with less talent than all those expert rythm gamers are looking for someone to play with my psn ID is Porkepik

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
AMUSIX said:
Fuck yes, I'm a happy man...not only a Malmsteen pack, but possibly more to come. Heck, and more Malmsteen can only mean greater potential for Vai, Satch, and other guitar virtuoso acts.
At least someone is happy. Yngwie is the worst songwriter in the history of rock music, but we have to endure his uber-douche ass because he plays fast.
FF_VIII said:
No, he's really not :(
Yep, he's a joke, literally. Skwisgaar Skwigelf on Metalocalypse is obviously based on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom