• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"To Begin With? Everything." The Official ROCK BAND Thread (M3wThr33: WE HATE YOU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

derder

So whats the consensus on pedal replacements?

Mine is dead-dead, it's not going to be fixable this time. Is there an obvious choice?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger took a quick break from being preternaturally untalented to express his displeasure with music games, saying "So kids: Start rock bands. Set down the Guitar Hero, learn how to play an actual guitar and start a band, because it's hard to find more bands to put a solid rock-and-roll package together, to get out there. It's getting harder and harder, but I think we've done it."

No Chad, you haven't.

Costanza

Banned
XShagrath said:
Are you still unemployed? I don't care if you waste your own money on stuff you don't even like (even though I think it's fucking stupid), but don't waste mommy's hard-earned cash.
I have money.

derder said:

Mine is dead-dead, it's not going to be fixable this time. Is there an obvious choice?
I got an Excel Basic pedal from valuepedal.com and I love it. It's $59.95 and they ship fast and have a great customer service. BigBlackGamer could probably tell you about the better pedals like the Omega and Destroyer. I think he has tried those out.

Core Zero

derder said:

I just asked this, maybe a week ago, after my pedal snapped.

If you're willing to drop the cash for a "real" pedal there are several good choices.

I bought the Rock Pedal, because it was available and cheaper than the consensus high-end pedals.

The Value Pedal looked decent enough, but I think the newest best version (which despite the name cost roughly the same as the Rock Pedal) was on a month+ backorder.

The Omega Pedal and Destroyer Pedal I saw referred to as the elite choices. After reading impressions I got the feeling they were not worth the extra cash over the two above, given the problems some people were having. Plus, the Destroyer was also on a long backorder.

Note all these are $50+ replacement options. I wanted a real pedal, so cheaper options weren't really on the table for me. A guy named Cena has done pretty good Youtube reviews for all 4 pedals I mentioned.

Sorry for no links.

Hope that helps.

Costanza

Banned
Duck said:
What's the point? Why not start now? You're only going to waste more money for absolutely no reason.
You're right. There is no point.

Next week I will only be buying The Killers and Soundgarden, I guess.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
TheGreatDave said:
End of an era.
For me as well.
I said, "Fuck it, it's only 80 points." with Hinder, but this week is the first time I really won't buy something.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Portion of a Lawsuit against HMX said:
Due to a design defect, the bass drum foot pedal (which is an integral component of the Rock Band drum kit) fractures under ordinary and expected usage, thus rendering the pedal inoperative. Without a functioning bass drum foot pedal, consumers are unable to use the Rock Band drum kit or play the Rock Band game in the manner marketed and advertised by Defendants, thus depriving them of the value and enjoyment of their purchases. - portion of lawsuit
:lol Wow.

Flyguy

Yeah, my pedal finally snapped over the weekend too. Are any of the repair kits worth it? I'd just as soon not spend $60 on a super pedal and I don't feel like waiting for a new one from EA (assuming this is still even an option).

Do EA still replace faulty hardware without issues? The RB1 instruments are a load of shit, if they don't fix them without charge they deserve a lawsuit.

Flyguy said:
Yeah, my pedal finally snapped over the weekend too. Are any of the repair kits worth it? I'd just as soon not spend $60 on a super pedal and I don't feel like waiting for a new one from EA (assuming this is still even an option).

butter knives + duct tape

Has anybody made an Overdrive Stomp Box for the new Guitar yet? The bass drum pedal works but the cord is way too short and stomping on it is bound to break it.

DrBo42

Question for those of you with the new RB2 drums. How much quieter is it compared to the RB1 versions? I'm thinking of either just buying pads for my RB1 drums or getting the new drumset if it's quieter/improved. Advice?

AMUSIX

DrBo42 said:
Question for those of you with the new RB2 drums. How much quieter is it compared to the RB1 versions? I'm thinking of either just buying pads for my RB1 drums or getting the new drumset if it's quieter/improved. Advice?
RB2 drums are considerably quieter than the RB1...though I'd get them just because they play much better...and for the addition of cymbals, if you choose.

as for premium pedals, I use this and swear by it:
http://rockpedal.com/
index-pic.jpg

It is a touch more ($75) but the action is perfect, response is dead on, and they've been incredibly responsive (something I value greatly in a company).

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
JonathanEx said:
It's fine, we've turned it in to Karaoke Of War. Wave 36, we're now on showtunes. Maria...

Ring ShopTo tomorrow, cancel your order and... go to the shops.

Also; Fuck Spoonman on drums... serrrriously, what the heeeell?!

DrBo42

AMUSIX said:
RB2 drums are considerably quieter than the RB1...though I'd get them just because they play much better...and for the addition of cymbals, if you choose.

as for premium pedals, I use this and swear by it:
http://rockpedal.com/

It is a touch more ($75) but the action is perfect, response is dead on, and they've been incredibly responsive (something I value greatly in a company).
Just the advice I was looking for, thanks. I'll just get the new set and gift the old to a buddy :lol

EDIT: Also, I finally tried Everlong on Expert drums...wtf. I can get the red roll/yellow pattern down but adding the pedal to it is just too damn hard for me. Colour and Shape is rad though, I love the drums in this game.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
McBradders said:
NO! You. Expert drums hurts me. It's like Fallout Boy all over again.

Then Battery and Shoulder to the Plow and Visions and Panic Attack and Painkiller will all dismember you.

Maybe Ace of Spades will too. I don't know, that's a little more hit-or-miss.

Cahill

Banned
So, so glad we're finally getting Yngwie. Seriously, he's got some great songs and awesome guitar work (IMO). Would have liked different songs, but whatever... taking what I can get. Plus it's pack 1 which gives me hope. :) Can't wait. and I'm buying the Killers as well... look at that, you can have both :D

*ugh* Not a Soundgarden fan though

Belgand

Emerson said:
WTF at the Killers hate. I can't believe people can actually not like Mr. Brightside. It's such an amazing song.

The Killers are entirely terrible. I'm amazed that they keep showing up. They're the sort of mediocre pop that is going to be forgotten about in a few years after they stop being vaguely popular. They have no lasting value aside from hearing one of their songs ten or twenty years from now and remembering what things were like when that was a song you might have heard on the radio of someone else or in a store or someplace else where they play crappy pop music that you wouldn't choose to listen to yourself.

Belgand said:
They have no lasting value aside from hearing one of their songs ten or twenty years from now and remembering what things were like when that was a song you might have heard on the radio of someone else or in a store or someplace else where they play crappy pop music that you wouldn't choose to listen to yourself.
That's like one of the best things about music.

The soundtrack of our lives man.

MrOctober

Banned
StrikerObi said:
Has anybody made an Overdrive Stomp Box for the new Guitar yet? The bass drum pedal works but the cord is way too short and stomping on it is bound to break it.

Is there one for the first RB guitar for PS3? because my overdrive accelerometers do not work at all and i simply cannot push fucking select to turn overdrive on.

Belgand

sublime085 said:
That's like one of the best things about music.

The soundtrack of our lives man.

I want a soundtrack that I actually want to listen to though. Not a shitty one like you get on many films.

2DMention

Banned
I saw a 360 RB2 guitar at Gamestop used already for $25! Seems like a good price.

I want to sell my RB1 drum w/o the pedal on Craigslist. Any idea what it should go for? $20 maybe?

I'll probably pick up 2 of the older Killers songs next week. If the new one is good and has a fun chart, I might get the pack.

Belgand said:
The Killers are entirely terrible. I'm amazed that they keep showing up. They're the sort of mediocre pop that are going to be forgotten about in a few years after they stop being vaguely popular. They have no lasting value aside from hearing one of their songs ten or twenty years from now and remembering what things were like when that was a song you might have heard on the radio of someone else or in a store or someplace else where they play crappy pop music that you wouldn't choose to listen to yourself.

I hope you get sick again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom