• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"To Begin With? Everything." The Official ROCK BAND Thread (M3wThr33: WE HATE YOU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
M3wThr33 said:
Chris-422x281_2_avatar_420.jpg

Just me, so far. Haven't really gone all out on a custom decal yet.

How do you get band logos on shirts? :(

Costanza

Banned
official announcement:

Hey gang,

Ready for this week's DLC announcement? This week you've got a 3 Pack from The Killers, a 3 Pack from Yngwie Malmsteen, 2 singles from Soundgarden, and 1 single from Lamb Of God! We're not too far away from 500 tracks now.

The Killers 3 Pack!

Mr. Brightside
Smile Like You Mean It
Spaceman

Yngwie Malmsteen 3 Pack!

Caprici Di Diablo
Damnation Game
Red Devil

Soundgarden Singles!

Jesus Christ Pose
Pretty Noose

Lamb of God Single!

Laid To Rest

Each track is available for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) or $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for the complete three packs.

I am so excited that Lamb Of God song is back. One of my favorite GHII jernts. And of course, Jesus Christ Post is going to be the best fucking song ever.

DI-DIGGA-DIGGA-DIGGA-DIGGA-DI-DI-DI-DAW-DAWWWWN
DAWWN
DAWWN-DAWWN-DAWWN-DAWWN
DI-DIGGA-DIGGA-DIGGA-DIGGA-DI-DI-DI-DAW-DAWWWWN
DAWWN
DAWWN-DAWWN-DAWWN-DAWWN

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Grecco

Picking up the Killers Pack, Pretty Nose and the LOG track. Wish we could get Thunderhorse soon though if it means GHII stuff..

LakeEarth

impirius said:
I will surely buy every Soundgarden song they release, but if they announce Burden In My Hand, I might just camp out in front of the PS3 until the song appears on the PSN store.
You are now my new special friend.

I've been saying since GH2 that Burden In My Hand would be a sweet song for these games.

And I possibly could be buying every single song coming out Tuesday. I'll have to look at the new Laid to Rest expert guitar track before making the decision on that one.

xbhaskarx

FF_VIII said:
Technically he's good. He's a rubbish songwriter though.

fistfulofmetal said:
Not being good at songwriting doesn't make someone a bad guitar player. He is a great guitar player. He's a bad songwriter.

Well then it's a good thing Harmonix are not putting his songs in Rock Band!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
jesus christ pose.. wow.. the first soundgarden song to make it in these games that doesn't suck virgin assholes.. hopefully this leads to more pre-superunknown tracks.

killers is easily the best of the bunch though. fantastic track selection!

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
WTF at the Killers hate. I can't believe people can actually not like Mr. Brightside. It's such an amazing song.

Will pick up Mr. Brightside and both Soundgarden songs. But god damn, this game seriously needs some Rusty Cage up in this bitch.

And Electric Six, who I'm seeing for the eleventh time tonight, by the way.

EDIT: oh hey, I missed the Lamb of God track. I might grab that too.

Oh boy oh boy, I sure am enjoying that copy of Rock Band 2 I ordered.

Oh, wait, no, I'm playing Gears of War 2 and singing "Horde of Fire" to the tune of Ring of Fire.

xbhaskarx said:
So you'd rather have songs by technically great guitar players than songs from great songwriters?

That's not what I said.
I said even a bad Yngwie song is still better than songs by those other two bands. It wasn't a blanket statement, it was very specific.

It's basically me saying his stuff is better than their stuff.

bounchfx

xbhaskarx said:
So you'd rather have songs by technically great guitar players than songs from great songwriters?"

ugh, personally no, but in games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band.. in some cases, probably.

best case scenario you obviously want both a great guitar player with great songwriting. Lucky for us there are THOUSANDS of great bands that offer that.

I AM JOHN! said:
Metal fans. S'all you can say.

uh? is this directed at metal fans, saying that we prefer guitar masturbation vs actual good songwriting?

I think you're looking for dragonforce fans, buddy.

it depends on the fan, you can't lump every metal fan into one group, but this should be obvious, and applies to about anything, not just music and not just metal, so cut it :p

Costanza

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
That's not what I said.
I said even a bad Yngwie song is still better than songs by those other two bands. It wasn't a blanket statement, it was very specific.

It's basically me saying his stuff is better than their stuff.
I haven't listened to him yet but now I won't even bother since you like him so much. Must be absolute trash.

bounchfx said:
uh? is this directed at metal fans, saying that we prefer guitar masturbation vs actual good songwriting?

Kind of a joke, dood, playing on my "extreme hatred" of all things metal. :p

Also thankfully the songs coming on Tuesday are from his most recent album.
Which is the best he's done in a while.

Costanza said:
I haven't listened to him yet but now I won't even bother since you like him so much. Must be absolute trash.

I'm quite sure it would go over your little head.

Mr Jared

Terrible week aside from the Killers. Shit rock from 90s that is best forgotten and a bunch of guitar wankery from some nobody that can't stop flapping his fingers in order to make some decent music.

There, someone had to say it.

xbhaskarx

bounchfx said:
ugh, personally no, but in games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band.. in some cases, probably.

best case scenario you obviously want both a great guitar player with great songwriting. Lucky for us there are THOUSANDS of great bands that offer that.

Visions?

Perdew

Yay for Killers 3 pack.

And yay for Yngwie to shut up Guitar Hero 3 Dragonforce elitists hopefully!

Or is he not that good, I don't know!

123rl

rhfb said:
I find it funny that Police Truck is harder on hard than on expert :lol

Lots of songs are though. I struggle with some songs on hard but can finish them on expert because hard feels like it's 'missing' notes - once you learn a certain beat it's easy to maintain. But if there's notes taken out of the note chart (RTTH on drums for example) on hard mode it feels like you should be playing extra notes. Suffragette City on hard guitar took me days to finish...and then I finished it on expert immediately afterwards

M3wThr33

Banned
Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger took a quick break from being preternaturally untalented to express his displeasure with music games, saying "So kids: Start rock bands. Set down the Guitar Hero, learn how to play an actual guitar and start a band, because it's hard to find more bands to put a solid rock-and-roll package together, to get out there. It's getting harder and harder, but I think we've done it."

If anyone wondered why Nickelback wasn't in GH/RB yet. (Although ARE in Karaoke Revolution. :lol So it's not by taste.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom