• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"To Begin With? Everything." The Official ROCK BAND Thread (M3wThr33: WE HATE YOU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
StrikerObi said:
Has anybody made an Overdrive Stomp Box for the new Guitar yet? The bass drum pedal works but the cord is way too short and stomping on it is bound to break it.
I tried the pedal I got for my modded RB1 guitar but I think there's something wrong with the pedal itself because there are times where it will activate the starpower as soon as I get the bar half-full. Annoying, to be sure. Especially since I don't know how to fix/diagnose the problem.

Belgand

TheGreatDave said:
I hope you get sick again.

Ow. Where'd the extra sass come from man?

The Jer said:
Belgand hates everything

It has been proven many times that I don't hate everything. You, however, have proven that you have no filter on your sense of taste and will enjoy and tolerate the lowest sorts of things.

Ten-Song said:
I think downloadable content and music games are great, who's with me?

Also, I just ate some yummy cake. Cake is also good.

Why is there STILL no god damned Sponge in Rock Band?? Seriously?? I would kill someone for this right now.

yes I'm drunk and you should be too

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Manmademan said:
Why is there STILL no god damned Sponge in Rock Band?? Seriously?? I would kill someone for this right now.

yes I'm drunk and you should be too

You're drunk, and on GAF. That doesn't seem to add up right.

Charron said:
You're drunk, and on GAF. That doesn't seem to add up right.

My girlfriend is out of town for the weekend, so I can't like...go out and troll for whores or something.

I'm just in, relaxing to tunes. I want to play rockband but I can't because I'm too fucked up.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The Jer said:
dude. why?
Even I hate hinder.
The charts are ok, and it was cheap. Hey, I'm sick and I need help.
I just have to ignore what they're saying and try to ignore how much the singer sounds like that jackass from Avenged Sevenfold. (who I'd pay good money to beat the shit out of without fear of prosecution)

DrBo42

So I realized I had a lot of money in gift cards for Gamestop and ordered an ION instead of the regular RB2 set :lol Are there any downsides to that set?

fatty

Wanted to get some opinions on the retail track packs, more specifically Track Pack Vol. 2.

I've been wanted to pick up Rock Band 2 at a good price and it looks like the best BF deal will be at Gamestop where with the purchase of RB2, you can pick up Track Pack Vol. 2 for $.99. Are these pretty good songs? (so far the only DLC song I have picked up is "Roxanne" by The Police and I also want Boston's "More Than a Feeling")

For reference the songs are:

Title - Artist
"Afterlife" - Avenged Sevenfold
"Call Me" - Blondie
"El Scorcho" - Weezer
"Girl U Want" - Devo
"Girls Who Play Guitars" - Maxïmo Park
"Indestructible" - Disturbed
"It Hurts" - Angels & Airwaves
"Just What I Needed" - The Cars
"Message in a Bottle" - The Police
"Monkey Gone to Heaven" - Pixies
"Rio" - Duran Duran
"Saints of Los Angeles" - Mötley Crüe
"Simple Man" - Lynyrd Skynyrd
"Snow ((Hey Oh))" - Red Hot Chili Peppers
"The Perfect Drug" - Nine Inch Nails
"This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" - Fall Out Boy
"Time Is Running Out" - Papa Roach
"Why Do You Love Me" - Garbage
"You've Got Another Thing Comin'" - Judas Priest
"Zero" - Smashing Pumpkins

AMUSIX

fatty said:
Title - Artist
"Afterlife" - Avenged Sevenfold -hate Avenged Sevenfold, I love playing this song...one of those tracks I'll never turn down
"Call Me" - Blondie Like the song a lot...playing it sort of sucks...playing it with a singer who's into it is a blast
"El Scorcho" - Weezer one of the worst songs in the game
"Girl U Want" - Devo starts fast, stays fast, repetitive and relentless, but somehow still fun
"Girls Who Play Guitars" - Maxïmo Park not one I was familiar with, but I ended up liking it...pretty fun to play
"Indestructible" - Disturbed See comment for "Afterlife"...pretty much mirrors here
"It Hurts" - Angels & Airwaves my friend likes this more than I do...it remains insteresting throughout
"Just What I Needed" - The Cars love it, get it
"Message in a Bottle" - The Police no comment needed...gets as repetitive as any Police song, but the guitar line is a fun, spidery run
"Monkey Gone to Heaven" - Pixies good, there were better Pixies tracks to choose, but this one isn't terrible
"Rio" - Duran Duran hell yes, for bass alone....hell yes....also, great to play in parties
"Saints of Los Angeles" - Mötley Crüe a 'must have' track...great on all four instruments
"Simple Man" - Lynyrd Skynyrd this is my 'play guitar and sing at the same time' song...you either love the song itself, or you don't like playing it
"Snow ((Hey Oh))" - Red Hot Chili Peppers one of my wife's favorites...unnaturally difficult on guitar
"The Perfect Drug" - Nine Inch Nails I'm not the one to be giving opinions on playing NIN songs
"This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" - Fall Out Boy hate the band, but, again, the track is pretty damn catchy to play (I don't listen to radio much..so never got sick of hearing it)
"Time Is Running Out" - Papa Roach this showed up with the Sixx AM track, if I recall correctly...too bad it's not the Sixx AM track
"Why Do You Love Me" - Garbage I find this really fun to play...woudln't mind more Garbage
"You've Got Another Thing Comin'" - Judas Priest Fever woud have been better...or Bloodstone...but this is damn good, regardless
"Zero" - Smashing Pumpkins so-so

xbhaskarx

fatty said:
I've been wanted to pick up Rock Band 2 at a good price and it looks like the best BF deal will be at Gamestop where with the purchase of RB2, you can pick up Track Pack Vol. 2 for $.99. Are these pretty good songs?

Is that 99 cents per song or 99 cents for all 20 songs?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
PhoncipleBone said:
But a better song. An enema would be more welcome than hearing Fall Out Boy again.

I love the song, just can't expert drum it for shit :(

As an aside, thanks to Gameplay.com being shit I have an extra copy coming. If anyone needs one, I will sell it on to you for £37.99

Postage will be free to anyone in the UK.

Costanza

Banned
fatty said:
Wanted to get some opinions on the retail track packs, more specifically Track Pack Vol. 2.

I've been wanted to pick up Rock Band 2 at a good price and it looks like the best BF deal will be at Gamestop where with the purchase of RB2, you can pick up Track Pack Vol. 2 for $.99. Are these pretty good songs? (so far the only DLC song I have picked up is "Roxanne" by The Police and I also want Boston's "More Than a Feeling")

Title - Artist
"Afterlife" - Avenged Sevenfold
"Call Me" - Blondie
"El Scorcho" - Weezer
"Girl U Want" - Devo
"Girls Who Play Guitars" - Maxïmo Park
"Indestructible" - Disturbed
"It Hurts" - Angels & Airwaves
"Just What I Needed" - The Cars
"Message in a Bottle" - The Police
"Monkey Gone to Heaven" - Pixies
"Rio" - Duran Duran
"Saints of Los Angeles" - Mötley Crüe
"Simple Man" - Lynyrd Skynyrd
"Snow ((Hey Oh))" - Red Hot Chili Peppers
"The Perfect Drug" - Nine Inch Nails
"This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" - Fall Out Boy
"Time Is Running Out" - Papa Roach
"Why Do You Love Me" - Garbage
"You've Got Another Thing Comin'" - Judas Priest
"Zero" - Smashing Pumpkins
El Scorcho is the BEST FUCKING SONG EVER, so yes that would be a great pack for 99 cents.

fatty

That's good, looks like I know where I'll be picking up Rock Band 2 then. Just wanted to make sure the tracks were worth playing.

Joe Molotov said:

It's easier to play. Not trying to stir up anything, just commenting on how insane that stuff looks. I like the charting more in Guitar Hero, and the purple line hopo stuff is made for stuff like what Ygnwie is doing.

McBradders

I still can't get my other band members to show up in my band for the group photo, what am I missing here? They're showing up individually...

UraMallas

bune duggy said:
I can't tell if this is a higher form of sarcasm or just a bad idea.
If you can't tell, I would guess it's the higher form of sarcasm.

Costanza said:
El Scorcho is the BEST FUCKING SONG EVER, so yes that would be a great pack for 99 cents.
You have impeccable taste in music from what I can gather of the last two or three pages of this thread. I commend you sir, good show.

One thing I miss with digital distribution is bargains, deals, sales etc. Getting stuff cheap. I say this, because I just decided a "complete this album/pack" feature would be cool, so if you had one track, say, you'd get the rest at the normal pack price (taking off what you've already paid).

It'll never happen though.

So, I'll be nice to my wallet by walking round Co-op to see what's currently bogof.

XShagrath

JonathanEx said:
One thing I miss with digital distribution is bargains, deals, sales etc. Getting stuff cheap.

Here in the US, there are sometimes deals for points cards, which equates to a deal on digital content. Guess you guys don't get the same kind of perks on your side of the pond.

The Jer

TAJ said:
The charts are ok, and it was cheap. Hey, I'm sick and I need help.
I just have to ignore what they're saying and try to ignore how much the singer sounds like that jackass from Avenged Sevenfold. (who I'd pay good money to beat the shit out of without fear of prosecution)
HAHA....dude....cold....that's cold. ouch

And I can't stand the lyrics of Hinder. It is extremely, extremely rare for me not to like a band just because their lyrics bother me so much; but hinder falls into that catagory (fortunately, I'm not a fan of the music itself, so it's not all bad). (and I hate when people complain about bands, especially lyrics, so I apologize for this :( )

The Jer

fatty said:

I bought 13/20 of those songs and paid $2 each.

So it's a Rock Band weekend on Logo (the LGBT channel) and they're playing a bunch of music videos of Rock Band songs. Queen: Live at Wembley is also airing.

Queen announcement incoming?

JonathanEx said:
Because a LGBT has better connections than every other media outlet and would know about it :lol
It was a joke. They're also (predictably) playing an Elton John and Melissa Etheridge concert.

Though MTV Games and Logo do have the same parent company. So they would have connections.

Synergy! Get those gays playing Rock Band!

McBradders

Meet the all new Angry Salesmen...

The_20Angry_20Salesmen-422x281_1_avatar_420.jpg

(Yes I finally figured it out.)

Hey, I'd go for Queen AND Elton John... though the latter wouldn't be fun without a keyboard instrument. Sigh, I wish I knew how a keyboard would be implemented without severely gimping it or adding too many notes across the screen.

Ethereal

I'm very excited for the Killers trackpack coming this week. While GH gets the new single off the new album, we get better old track with Mr Brightside and Smile Like You Mean It

AMUSIX

Posted in the related OT thread...but now that No Doubt has announced that they're back together...could this possibly be why there's been a delay in confirming just what makes up that No Doubt pack? A new track?

totally wishful thinking

M3wThr33

Banned
AMUSIX said:
Posted in the related OT thread...but now that No Doubt has announced that they're back together...could this possibly be why there's been a delay in confirming just what makes up that No Doubt pack? A new track?

totally wishful thinking
OR they knew about this WAY ahead of time.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
M3wThr33 said:
OR they knew about this WAY ahead of time.
Tour sponsor confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom