• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Akai__

Did Kampfheld get Bish'ified? I don't believe a single word from him. He says the leak is very real and now he says "No shit". Sprint and all those Spartan Abilities are shit.

tootsi666

-.-. --- -- .--. . - .. - .. ...- . / . -. ...- .. .-. --- -. -- . -. - .-.-.- / .-. .- -. -.- ... / -. / -.. .. ...- .. ... .. --- -. ... .-.-.- / -.-. .-.. .- -. ... .-.-.- / -- .- .--. / -.-. --- -. - .-. --- .-.. / ..-. --- -.-. ..- ... .-.-.- / -. --- / ... - .-. . .- -.- ... .-.-.- / -. --- / -.. .-. --- .--. ... .-.-.- / -. --- / ... .... .. - .-.-.- / . -. .--- --- -.-- / .-- . . -.- . -. -.. / -. --- .-- .-.-.-
Hyyyyyype!

I've long felt now that the MCC is more than just a "collection"- it's a swan song to classic Halo. The path they started down in earnest with Halo 4 is just not going to change significantly. Sure, they probably learned that randomness, power weapons all over the map and unique abilities were bad for arena gameplay- but make no mistake about it, they intend to create a new arena shooter, not remake Halo 2 with prettier graphics.

At this point, I'm okay with this. We've got the classic games now in butter smooth visuals that we can play indefinitely, as far as we know. Old Halo fans will stick with those, and 343 is going to forge its own path.

I'm really OK with this too, as long as what they create is actually an arena shooter. Halo 4 was not.

-.-. --- -- .--. . - .. - .. ...- . / . -. ...- .. .-. --- -. -- . -. - .-.-.- / .-. .- -. -.- ... / -. / -.. .. ...- .. ... .. --- -. ... .-.-.- / -.-. .-.. .- -. ... .-.-.- / -- .- .--. / -.-. --- -. - .-. --- .-.. / ..-. --- -.-. ..- ... .-.-.- / -. --- / ... - .-. . .- -.- ... .-.-.- / -. --- / -.. .-. --- .--. ... .-.-.- / -. --- / ... .... .. - .-.-.- / . -. .--- --- -.-- / .-- . . -.- . -. -.. / -. --- .-- .-.-.-
All this is good but BTB better be there with crazy vehicles and all

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So uninstalling the MCC and reinstalling forces the patch for anyone that is still waiting.

jem0208

Japarican

Banned
Okay... thats much better.

HaloGAF clan inc.

Wonder what "divisions" mean.

He already confirmed that with his first morse code post.

Like Halo Reach where you could be Bronze to Onyx something like LoL

Also, one ranked playlist. i cry everytim

Guess I'll be going ham with the campaign achievements first

I'm tempted to agree. Most of the stuff in the leak could also have been gotten entirely by watching the trailers and looking at images.

Also same.
That was my initial thought too. Would be too easy for anyone to watch that short halo 5 cinematic shown at e3 and come up with their own fake leak to troll people with. Nothing about that info screams halo, like none of it. But i wonder if the master chief collection was done because 343 knew they were basically scrapping everything traditional about halo. If true i kind of wish they would give the franchise to someone else and then turn all these new ideas into a new game separate from halo. I'd be far more receptive to these odd development decisions if the game was not related to Halo. We will find out soon enough of there is any truth to the new info.

Impala26

Like Halo Reach where you could be Bronze to Onyx something like LoL

Also, one ranked playlist. i cry everytim

Guess I'll be going ham with the campaign achievements first

Also might be a good opportunity to nab those pesky matchmaking-only cheevos. It'll only get harder/next-to-un-possible once proper ranking hits matchmaking.

found this:
.. / .-.. .. -.- . / -.-. .... .. -.-. -.- . -. / .. / .-.. .. -.- . / .-.. .. ...- . .-. / -- . --- .-- / -- .. -..- / -- . --- .-- / -- .. -..- / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / -.. . .-.. .. ...- . .-.

Booshka

found this:
.. / .-.. .. -.- . / -.-. .... .. -.-. -.- . -. / .. / .-.. .. -.- . / .-.. .. ...- . .-. / -- . --- .-- / -- .. -..- / -- . --- .-- / -- .. -..- / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / -.. . .-.. .. ...- . .-.

564930_396569460411195_406269451_n.jpg

Welfare

found this:

-.-. .- - / .-.. --- ...- . ... / ..-. --- --- -.. --..-- / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / -.-- . .- ....

Sephzilla

-... .. .-.. .-.. / -. -.-- . / - .... . / ... -.-. .. . -. -.-. . / --. ..- -.-- / -... .. .-.. .-.. / -. -.-- . / - .... . / ... -.-. .. . -. -.-. . / --. ..- -.-- / -... .. .-.. .-.. --..-- / -... .. .-.. .-.. --..-- / -... .. .-.. .-.. --..-- / -... .. .-.. .-.. --..-- / -... .. .-.. .-.. --..-- / -... .. .-.. .-.. / -... .. .-.. .-.. / -. -.-- . / - .... . / ... -.-. .. . -. -.-. . / --. ..- -.-- / -.--.- ... -.-. .. . -. -.-. . / .-. ..- .-.. . ... -.--.-

Welfare

-... .. .-.. .-.. / -. -.-- . / - .... . / ... -.-. .. . -. -.-. . / --. ..- -.-- / -... .. .-.. .-.. / -. -.-- . / - .... . / ... -.-. .. . -. -.-. . / --. ..- -.-- / -... .. .-.. .-.. --..-- / -... .. .-.. .-.. --..-- / -... .. .-.. .-.. --..-- / -... .. .-.. .-.. --..-- / -... .. .-.. .-.. --..-- / -... .. .-.. .-.. / -... .. .-.. .-.. / -. -.-- . / - .... . / ... -.-. .. . -. -.-. . / --. ..- -.-- / -.--.- ... -.-. .. . -. -.-. . / .-. ..- .-.. . ... -.--.-

:)

Halo 5 rumor/leak roundup:

First, this apparently came from an Italian site before quickly being removed:

What I played in London was just a part of the Maxi-Beta that is going to hit on December 29th, the content of the Beta will be released over time and we will have the chance to play 7 maps and 3 gametypes. During our 2 hours of gameplay, we had the chance to try the first part of the Beta, which will be featuring 2 Gametypes on 3 maps, but before we had the chance to play, 343i introduced us to Halo 5's new features: There's many.

There have been added some small Thruster packs which allow for many new ways to move around, in a Titanfall fashion. A double jump has been intruduced; you can also stay in the air for a few seconds or evade side-wise, even while airborn.

Using a new animation system, our Spartans are able to climb on platforms with their arms with a very fluid and fast motion. There's also a couple of special moves:
The first one is the ability to sprint (faster than the usual run) to charge enemies from the front or from behind. Getting them from the front will remove the enemy's shield immediatly, from the back will insta-kill them; watch out though, Sprinting will prevent you from recharging your shields.

The second one instead is a charge from above: you can click the right stick while aiming on the ground to perform a Ground Pound, but you will be left vulnerable to enemy fire.

Our first game was a classic deathmatch 4v4; there was an indicator for The spawn points of Power Weapons like Rockets, Sniper and Sword. There's also a timer that will let you know when they will spawn.The first map we played on was on the top of a skyscraper, with many platforms with outside and inside zones.
The second one was instead (The guy is talking about Midship, I'll prevent you from reading his terrible description).The Multiplayer felt like an evolution to first person shooters, with a frenetic pace in which it's better to always run and jump, where aiming skills are more important than well knowing the maps.

The second Gametype is called Breakout. It's a 4v4 deathmatch without respawns; if you get killed, you'll be out for the rest of the round. The map is small, it has a Tron look to it, it's an open space with pyramids, parallelepipeds and cubes that can be used as cover. The game will start with the team been literally catapulted on the map: you must be very fast to reach the Power positions on the map. First team to 5 rounds wins,
This gametype is very immediate and fun.

From a technical standpoint, the game runs at 60 fps with an engine that shines for special effects like lights and reflections.
Unfortunately we had no chance to have a look at player customization that will surely be provided in the beta.

It will be possible to choose a loadout, but it won't be like in Call of Duty, the best weapons will be on the map in a typical Halo fashion. -- This part specifically was debunked, there will be fair starts and no loadouts.

Then, Kampfheld came in with this:

- .-. ..- . / .- -. -.. / -.-. --- -- .--. .-.. . - . .-.. -.-- / .- .-- . ... --- -- . .-.-.- / -- .. -. -.. -....- -... .-.. --- .-- .. -. --. / .- .-- . ... --- -- . .-.-.- / -- --- -. -.. .- -.-- .-.-.-

"TRUE AND COMPLETELY AWESOME. MIND-BLOWING AWESOME. MONDAY."

"COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT. RANKS N DIVISIONS. CLANS. MAP CONTROL FOCUS. NO STREAKS. NO DROPS. NO SHIT. ENJOY WEEKEND NOW."

Sephzilla

"Ah, Sidewinder. I am the devil who refused to bring Sidewinder to Halo 2." -Max Hoberman

I-Will-Find-You-And-I-Will-Kill-You-Liam-Neeson-In-Taken.gif

Sidewinder not being in Halo 2 still pisses me off to this day. I think Halo 2's weapon sandbox would have worked great for that map.

Oh shit I just remembered that Sidewinder in Halo PC had a two way teleporter above each base instead of a one-way teleporter. One of the changes PC version made that I loved.

One of the rules I came up with during Halo 2 was, you shouldn’t have any corners that are more than 90 degrees. You don’t want to have turns that loop back on themselves. And Sidewinder, the entire map design fundamentally broke that." -Max Hoberman

Doesn't Zanzibar have a couple of >90 degree turns though?

belushy

Banned
Halo 5 rumor/leak roundup:

First, this apparently came from an Italian site before quickly being removed:

Then, Kampfheld came in with this:

"TRUE AND COMPLETELY AWESOME. MIND-BLOWING AWESOME. MONDAY."

"COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT. RANKS N DIVISIONS. CLANS. MAP CONTROL FOCUS. NO STREAKS. NO DROPS. NO SHIT. ENJOY WEEKEND NOW."

He mentions ranks, but I doubt we will see it in the beta. If that is the case then he knows what they plan to add. Wonder if he could tell us anything about forge 5.0 or if there is a spectator mode planned.

Sidewinder not being in Halo 2 still pisses me off to this day. I think Halo 2's weapon sandbox would have worked great for that map.

Oh shit I just remembered that Sidewinder in Halo PC had a two way teleporter above each base instead of a one-way teleporter. One of the changes PC version made that I loved.

Doesn't Zanzibar have a couple of >90 degree turns though?

For real. I love PC Sidewinder so much. Has it been said one way or another which verison is in the MCC? Hopefully the two-way version since the port is based on PC version.

singhr1

At what time on Monday we see Halo 5? I'm guessing I won't be sleeping between Monday and Tuesday if I want to watch it.

Halofest Launch live stream is going to be Monday 11 PM EST - 12 PM EST. Halo 5 will be shown off during that period, along with other things such has Halo Nightfall part 1.

One of the rules I came up with during Halo 2 was, you shouldn’t have any corners that are more than 90 degrees. You don’t want to have turns that loop back on themselves. And Sidewinder, the entire map design fundamentally broke that.

-Max Hoberman

What a weird rule.

Top Bottom