• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

old news? Tomb Raider Underground is 576p on ___ and 720p on ___

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
WOW

I'll never doubt the power of the PS3 every again!

It begins...

cue Amir0x's "IT'S OVAH" speech!

cynlix

For those who couldn't see the difference, I cropped a part of Norml's pics that have pretty obvious differences.

360:
15zm793.jpg

PS3:
2rx901g.jpg

WinFonda said:
Da fuck?

The PS3 version was handled by a relatively unknown dev.... you mean to tell me they did a better job than Crystal Dynamics at their own damn game?

Not enough lulz in the entire world. Tell this Nixxes to get cracking on their next PS3 project. They got skills.

And patch Underworld for trophies, yo.

There was someone in the Underworld thread that said he'd be buying the PS3 version over the 360 version when I mentioned it was being developed by Nixxes. They were the ones that developed the Xbox version of Legend and had it running at 60fps.

Gbeav said:
Well I thought that art and textures and whatever else needs more space going to HD. Are you saying we should be still using CD's?

They do, but in the case of TBU, the port wasn't done in house. The other company was given art assets and asked to port the game the best they could.

What they did was port the game in a short amount of time, but without the per object motion blur. CD is now supporting the 360 version while generally ignoring the PS3's.

Philanthropist said:
The 360 will get exclusive DLC. Seeing that even the sales of the PS3 version are higher they made the wrong decision, as I read from a developer that there were no money deals involved. But who knows what the truth is.

Just first week. 360 version vastly outsold PS3 version after that.

SSM25

DemonSwordsman said:
LOL so now its barely noticeable and not important? But when the ps3 version is lower res, OMG WTF so blurry i cant see shit!!!!!!! ahh terrible.

seriously, WTF is going on!!??..now that the PS3 version has something better is hardly noticeable :lol

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
cynlix said:
For those who couldn't see the difference, I cropped a part of Norml's pics that have pretty obvious differences.

360:
15zm793.jpg

PS3:
2rx901g.jpg

W00t! This should put the texture argument to rest for once and for all!!!

PSGames said:
360's resolution was reduced to easily fit into edram and gain free AA. It has a more stable framerate and motion blur that the PS3 version does not have. There is different lighting in the very first intro scene but it is pretty much exactly the same after that.

A developer here contradicts you on the motion blur, saying that it's only the PC version that doesn't have it.

SSM25 said:
seriously, WTF is going on!!??..now that the PS3 version has something better is hardly noticeable :lol

Is that what this is about? How come PS3 fans are so arrogant? These comparisons are always stupid, anyway.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
probune said:
Does no one notice that the title says Tomb Raider Underground instead of Underworld?
yep. i did right after i posted, but i edited too late, so it doesn't show in the topic, but it shows in the title of the OP.

also...

Tntnnbltn said:
Wow. 0-2. Flawless victory for thread title.

commariodore64 said:
Which one has a more stable framerate?

The obvious next step - right?

Nah we are skipping all that BS. Now its all about sales. Who cares about graphical differences its sales that make the superior version

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Forsete said:
:lol Cant wait for it. "So the 360 has lower resolution, but I like that"

The resolution is TOO high and hurt my eyes. Winner - 360.

Pachinko

so the ps3 edition runs at full 720p but seems to lack HDR lighting and the 360 version runs at 576p but HAS HDR lighting. What'd be more interesting is which one has a more stable framerate ?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Forsete said:
:lol Cant wait for it. "So the 360 has lower resolution, but I like that"

Lack of trophies and controller differences will be the deciding factor. None of your high falutin' "resomalution" or "tecshture" whatevers will even factor into the equation.

Forsete

commariodore64 said:
Isn't that the mantra for GTA IV PS3 superiority? I'm so confused by this thread....

No, its kinda what they said regarding Burnout Ps iffy AA or was it shimmering, IIRC.

GTAIV has superior shadows, not res.

FFChris

Wow, didn't someone say the developers working on the PS3 version were pretty handy with ports?

Also, the PS3 RAW POWER POTENTIAL is finally showing! =O

commariodore64 said:
Isn't that the mantra for GTA IV PS3 superiority? I'm so confused by this thread....

the GTAIV being better on PS3 came from stupid game critics saying it had a 'softer' look. 360 version of GTAIV looks noticably better than the PS3 version because by 'softer' they meant blurry. Granted, both versions of the game weren't really too great visually, and it seems like the PC verison isn't either.

Gbeav

Banned
Linkzg said:
the GTAIV being better on PS3 came from stupid game critics saying it had a 'softer' look. 360 version of GTAIV looks noticably better than the PS3 version because by 'softer' they meant blurry. Granted, both versions of the game weren't really too great visually, and it seems like the PC verison isn't either.

Both versions weren't that good looking, the Ps3 had the advantage of no pop in.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Cyport

aries_71 said:
Wow. What's the deal with the lighting in the PS3 shot? It looks like they turned off the Sun.

That's cause of the interior shadows of the boat, whereas the 360 has none

ypo

aries_71 said:
Wow. What's the deal with the lighting in the PS3 shot? It looks like they turned off the Sun.

LOL more like they put a sun inside of the xboat am I rite?

aries_71

Seiken said:
Wait, I just checked the site... and these aren't photoshopped >_>

So you're telling me that overbloomed screen is more realistic?

No, not at all. I'm saying that the PS3 shot totally lacks illumination in the scene.

The "realism" spin is only by yourself.

iceatcs

aries_71 said:
Cos it is inside the shadow of a roof. See the video. You will see some lights from windows.

Top Bottom