• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

old news? Tomb Raider Underground is 576p on ___ and 720p on ___

Barrett2

Here's another comparison shot for the non-believers.

PS3 version:
tomb_raider_underworld_screenshot.jpg

360 version:
6108-TombRaider1.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That wall texture is hot damn nice.

sphinx

the piano man
The Boxes for 360 games are bigger than those for PS3 games.

360 games are therefore automatically superior.

[/thread]

RavenFox

Banned
PSGames said:
360's resolution was reduced to easily fit into edram and gain free AA. It has a more stable framerate and motion blur that the PS3 version does not have. There is different lighting in the very first intro scene but it is pretty much exactly the same after that.
:lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
H_Prestige said:
PS3 version has less jaggies? What's going on here?
It's a tough battle!
PcLXZkFIu.jpg

Threi

notag
Last-Gen 360:
14mf5md.jpg

Future-Proof PS3 (powered by Cell™)
2r4l69x.jpg

don't worry guys, that was $400 well spent. The difference is clear as day.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Threi said:
Last-Gen 360:

Really, I think you've made your point.

Why do people go into multiplatform tech comparison threads and whine about minutia being compared? That's the point of the thread. There are a variety of other threads on the front page you can read if you don't want to see people debate what the best version of the game is.

Saying, "WHO CARES THEY ARE ALL GOOD HERE'S A JPG BLOWN UP To 400x," isn't funny, incisive, or interesting commentary-- it just shows you kind of can't read.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Threi said:
Last-Gen 360:
[MG]http://i41.tinypic.com/14mf5md.jpg[/IMG]

Future-Proof PS3 (powered by Cell™)
[MG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2r4l69x.jpg[/IMG]

Wow you're good at this! *takes notes for next time my console of choice needs damage controlling*

lawblob said:
Here's another comparison shot for the non-believers.

PS3 version:
tomb_raider_underworld_screenshot.jpg

360 version:
6108-TombRaider1.jpg

360 is more colorful, but in the end they're practically the same and most people wouldn't notice the differences outside of a side by side comparison.

RavenFox

Banned
H_Prestige said:
360 is more colorful, but in the end they're practically the same and most people wouldn't notice the differences outside of a side by side comparison.
How can a darker game be more colorful? Just asking...

WinFonda

aries_71 said:
No, not at all. I'm saying that the PS3 shot totally lacks illumination in the scene.

The "realism" spin is only by yourself.
It lacks illumination in some areas of the picture but that is correct in this case. See how the light shines through onto the couch in the PS3 version? That same light source is everywhere on the 360 version. It's completely uniform.

Also, Lara's laptop screen on the 360 version is all crushed.

USD

All I'm getting from this thread is Nixxes > Crystal Dynamics.

lololololololol

But seriously, I haven't played the game, but going by pics the PS3 version looks flat out better.

spwolf

WinFonda said:
Da fuck?

The PS3 version was handled by a relatively unknown dev.... you mean to tell me they did a better job than Crystal Dynamics at their own damn game?

Not enough lulz in the entire world. Tell this Nixxes to get cracking on their next PS3 project. They got skills.

And patch Underworld for trophies, yo.

seriously? thats freaking awesome if true :lol

Looks like Nixxes did the PC work as well. It's worth noting though that just because they're apparently great at optimization doesn't mean they actually have the design chops to produce a great internal title.

Threi

notag
Y2Kev said:
Really, I think you've made your point.

Why do people go into multiplatform tech comparison threads and whine about minutia being compared? That's the point of the thread. There are a variety of other threads on the front page you can read if you don't want to see people debate what the best version of the game is.

Saying, "WHO CARES THEY ARE ALL GOOD HERE'S A JPG BLOWN UP To 400x," isn't funny, incisive, or interesting commentary-- it just shows you kind of can't read.
what can i say, i like to mock things i think are stupid to the point of where it starts to get annoying (this being two consoles extremely close in power, and one being much more powerful than either of them). My post history shows that very clear i think. :D

yeah im a jerk i can't help it...its just so freaking asinine to compare textures to such a degree when the gaming PC exists!

also, i thought i was the first one to make the joke when i clicked the reply button.

oh well :(

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I guess the reason only 360 gets the DLC is because they didn't feel like contracting this other dev to port each future DLC expansion.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Y2Kev said:
It's Always Sunny in Xboat

LOL!!!

I find this thread hilarious. Although it seems whoever the devs of the port are they did a fantastic job. Higher res, better textures, shadows and lighting and anti aliasing to boot.

We dont know if its the machine or the devs, but I doubt the original devs would have skimped on so many things for no reason...

spwolf

Chris Remo said:
Looks like Nixxes did the PC work as well. It's worth noting though that just because they're apparently great at optimization doesn't mean they actually have the design chops to produce a great internal title.

there is no need to spin this, company that builds better port than original game, while both are developed at the same time, deserves full props for doing so...

commariodore64 said:
The PS3 has higher rez, less stable framerate on a mediocre title and now the 'tides have turned'!

So, what's the multiplat score now? ;)

MEDIOCRE? Are you calling TRU mediocre? It's absolutely not mediocre. It's not the best game ever, but it's better than half the game released this fall.

Top Bottom