• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.
dfyb said:
lawl: http://kotaku.com/gaming/first!/shes-beaten-halo-3-and-you-havent-297889.php

edit: funny that in both instances, it's kotaku and gamesradar playing tag team.

hahahahahah, oh kotaku.. never change.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
CHRP718 said:
Kotaku :lol :lol
that site is embarrassing.
filled with nothing but xbots and that's just the contributors.
kojima1-1.jpg

Snipes424

CHRP718 said:
Kotaku :lol :lol
that site is embarrassing.
filled with nothing but xbots and that's just the contributors.

You know, your comment sounds like a generalization of an entire website, but it's true.

I gave Kotaku the benefit of the doubt but I do not know how anyone could take that website seriously, it's such a joke.

Seiken said:
Alright so I just got a panic message on MSN from my cousin, apparently Mirrors Edge fucked him up real bad :lol

FzjDcPMPf.jpg

"lol, stupid, just buy a new one before Killzone 2" The answer I got was pretty depressing, he said he could only afford either a DS3 or KZ2 lawl.

What should he do?

i almost did that with CoD:waw today on hardened....gotta love when increased difficulty means having to overcome more game bugs:lol .....wtf is up with these phantom grenades? or killing an enemy before he gets off his melee attack on you....then going into your death animation but not dying and having to restart the entire level?....these are just a few things that almost led to my controller looking like that one.

but yeah...tell him to go rent a controller from blockbuster if they still do that kind of thing:lol
that or start hookin on the weekends

Andronicus said:
i almost did that with CoD:waw today on hardened....gotta love when increased difficulty means having to overcome more game bugs:lol .....wtf is up with these phantom grenades? or killing an enemy before he gets off his melee attack on you....then going into your death animation but not dying and having to restart the entire level?....these are just a few things that almost led to my controller looking like that one.

but yeah...tell him to go rent a controller from blockbuster if they still do that kind of thing:lol
that or start hookin on the weekends
Don't break the controller.

Break the game :lol

If I was that mad I would have.
When I was a kid somebody erased my pokemon silver data with 200 something pokemon and I smashed it badly :D

Edit: I stop taking anything Kotaku seriously when they kept trying to resurrect MGS4 to 360 rumors or start them. As usual with their Kojima in a 360 background.

Ballistictiger said:
Don't break the controller.

Break the game :lol

If I was that mad I would have.
When I was a kid somebody erased my pokemon silver data with 200 something pokemon and I smashed it badly :D
HAHAHA

ChryZ

Seiken said:
Alright so I just got a panic message on MSN from my cousin, apparently Mirrors Edge fucked him up real bad :lol

FzjDcPMPf.jpg

"lol, stupid, just buy a new one before Killzone 2" The answer I got was pretty depressing, he said he could only afford either a DS3 or KZ2 lawl.

What should he do?
He should stop playing games and invest his moneys in anger management therapy :p

Kuroyume

Banned
Seiken said:

FzjDcPMPf.jpg

What should he do?

It looks like he fucked up that mouse too... :lol

DoomGyver

Rikyfree said:
http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/dear_guerrila_killzone_2s_controls_still_need_work/
Is this guy for real? I didn't know they changed the title of the game to Call of Duty : Killzone Warfare.
Mooreberg said:
:lol :lol :lol @ all the article comments. I still can't believe that shit heap is absorbing 1up. :-(
Suck my ####### #### you pathetic fanboy,I’ll buy 12 copies of Killzone 2 just so the NPD is good,#### you and #### your ####### site for killing 1up
Posted by MANGODZ on 01/10 at 04:17 AM
:lol That HAS to be a gaffer.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Byakuya769 said:
Rez, generally I like you and your posts... but do you go though so much effort to sniff out 360/wii fanboys as well? Or have you just declared war on the PS3 SDF syndicate?
You're jumping the gun a bit. ;)

It just so happens that at the moment all the games that I'm looking forward to are PS3 exclusives, and as such, the people I'm likely to call out are more likely to be of the Sony persuasion. But believe me, I find Nintendo fanboys, Microsoft fanboys and the stereotypical "elitist PC gamer" to be equally annoying (not that, in this case, I was doing anything more than poking fun). I tend to be more of a "fanboy" (albeit a rational one, if that's not an oxymoron) of specific game developers (like Valve, Naughty Dog or Capcom) than of consoles themselves.

If it seems like my posts are overly negative, it's probably a good thing for the game. It means that most of the positive things have already been covered in the thread (a lot of the time repeatedly, for pages and pages at a time), and I feel I have nothing productive to add to that side of the discussion, outside of another "oh GOD YES ALL OVER MY FACE POST", which do get a little old for me (I get bored by them when that's all a thread consists of for pages at a time, but I don't have anything against people who are excited, don't get me wrong). So, I go right ahead and either play Devil's advocate and open up a discussion that I feel could be interesting, or make a joke post (like I just did). Sometimes it leads to a really good discussion, and sometimes it backfires. Sometimes I learn something new and am won over, sometimes it degenerates into pointless bickering. But at the very least it's entertaining, and hopefully makes for a good read. The people who agree with me might be like "yeah, I'm glad someone said that" and the people who disagree get to laugh their asses off when I have tomato on face if/when I'm proven horribly wrong. Playing the villain, without being an irrational troll, leads to great discussion, and can sometimes further validate why you like a game so much. It makes you think about it. It's for this reason that it's a shame when my posts are pidgeon-holed as "noise".

So, if you're asking me if I have anything against PS3 fans, then the answer is no. I am a PS3 fan. Just like I'm a fan of the 360, the Wii and the PC. I'm not prejudice against which sort of fanboy I call out, or which game I critize. ;)

Although, once again, in this case I was just poking fun. Nothing more. :)

Dante

Rez>You said:

It just so happens that at the moment all the games that I'm looking forward to are PS3 exclusives, and as such, the people I'm likely to call out are more likely to be of the Sony persuasion. But believe me, I find Nintendo fanboys, Microsoft fanboys and the stereotypical "elitist PC gamer" to be equally annoying (not that, in this case, I was doing anything more than poking fun). I tend to be more of a "fanboy" (albeit a rational one, if that's not an oxymoron) of specific game developers (like Valve or Capcom or something like that) than of consoles themselves.

If it seems like my posts are overly negative, it's probably a good thing for the game. It means that most of the positive things have already been covered in the thread (a lot of the time repeatedly, for pages and pages at a time), and I feel I have nothing productive to add to that side of the discussion, outside of another "oh GOD YES ALL OVER MY FACE POST", which do get a little old for me (I get bored by them when that's all a thread consists of for pages at a time, but I don't have anything against people who are excited, don't get me wrong). So, I go right ahead and either play Devil's advocate and open up a discussion that I feel could be interesting, or make a joke post (like I just did). Sometimes it leads to a really good discussion, and sometimes it backfires. Sometimes I learn something new and am won over, sometimes it degenerates into pointless bickering. But at the very least it's entertaining, and hopefully makes for a good read. The people who agree with me might be like "yeah, I'm glad someone said that" and the people who disagree get to laugh their asses off when I have tomato on face if/when I'm proven horribly wrong. Playing the villain, without being an irrational troll, leads to great discussion, and can sometimes further validate why you like a game so much. It makes you think about it. It's for this reason that it's a shame when my posts are pidgeon-holed as "noise".

So, if you're asking me if I have anything against PS3 fans, then the answer is no. I am a PS3 fan. Just like I'm a fan of the 360, the Wii and the PC. I'm not prejudice against which sort of fanboy I call out, or which game I critize. ;)

Are you for real? :lol Why not just post your thoughts without a fukkin agenda?

mintylurb

Byakuya769 said:
Rez, generally I like you and your posts... but do you go though so much effort to sniff out 360/wii fanboys as well? Or have you just declared war on the PS3 SDF syndicate?
His queen bee comment is probably indicative of his real reason for being in this or other ps3 threads. It's best not get into another needless argument which will undoubtly derail the thread.

edit: Ahh looks like it's too late. Well, off to bed.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Dante said:
Are you for real? :lol Why not just post your thoughts without a fukkin agenda?
It's not an agenda, and it's not like I'm thinking: "oh... here comes the NEGATIVE POST" as I twirl my e-mustache. It's just what I think will be interesting at the time.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
mintylurb said:
His queen bee comment is probably indicative of his real reason for being in this or other ps3 threads. It's best not get into another needless argument which will undoubtly derail the thread.

edit: Ahh looks like it's too late. Well, off to bed.
That was assish, yeah, I'm not going to defend myself against that. But, hey, feel free to judge me off of one post. Also, feel free to put me on ignore.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
BradleyUK said:
Killzone 2 bundle for EU

killzone2.bmp
Are the recent 80GBs backwards compatable? I have a 40GB, but I'd really like to just put my PS2 into storage at this point and use the PS3.

Seiken said:

FzjDcPMPf.jpg

What should he do?

That reminds me of my college days and Madden tournaments, we must've broken at least 3 or 4 PS2 controllers and my roomate smashed his PS2.....good times man, good times.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
AranhaHunter said:
Highly unlikely.
Damn.

Ah, who am I kidding, I wouldn't have been able to afford anything over the price of KZ2 at the moment anyway. :lol

Rez>You said:
Are the recent 80GBs backwards compatable? I have a 40GB, but I'd really like to just put my PS2 into storage at this point and use the PS3.

No they're not(BC is completely gone from all skus ww), and fair enough on your response to my other post

mr_nothin

Banned
Rez>You said:

It just so happens that at the moment all the games that I'm looking forward to are PS3 exclusives, and as such, the people I'm likely to call out are more likely to be of the Sony persuasion. But believe me, I find Nintendo fanboys, Microsoft fanboys and the stereotypical "elitist PC gamer" to be equally annoying (not that, in this case, I was doing anything more than poking fun). I tend to be more of a "fanboy" (albeit a rational one, if that's not an oxymoron) of specific game developers (like Valve, Naughty Dog or Capcom) than of consoles themselves.

That's just kinda....sad.

I knew you were basically a joke poster but...really??

Musashi Wins! said:
:lol

That bundle is awesome looking.
What? I'm serious, have you seen how ridiculous some of the previews have been for this game? They criticize the most minuscule things. Can you imagine what the reviews are going to be like? This game is put under a fucking magnifying glass. I would be fine with it if other games got this treatment *cough*COD4*cough*. But this really isn't fair. Why should COD4 get a free pass and KZ2 shouldn't?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
mr_nothin said:
That's just kinda....sad.

I knew you were basically a joke poster but...really??
If you have a personal grudge against me stemming from other threads, PM me, don't quote a wall of text and then go on to post what amounts to bait.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
DevilWillcry said:
What? I'm serious, have you seen how ridiculous some of the previews have been for this game? They criticize the most minuscule things. Can you imagine what the reviews are going to be like? This game is put under a fucking magnifying glass. I would be fine with it if other games got this treatment *cough*COD4*cough*. But this really isn't fair. Why should COD4 get a free pass and KZ2 shouldn't?

Good and great games rise, they always do. Nothing but a few niche sites would bother to follow some paranoid agenda about putting the game down. It's probably the most anticipated console shooter of the year, it does have to meet a high standard. I'm expecting it to meet a high standard, aren't you? COD4 got a free pass?!? It was a fun, really well made game. That's why it sold millions, got great review scores and kept many people (myself included) playing it for a long time. This whole, moneyhat, poor PS3 mindset is just ridiculous. The game looks awesome, has been in production forever and is getting great hype all over the web. I'm laying down 60 bones for it day one, and I do indeed expect it to be worth paying for. If it's as good as COD4 in it's own particular way, it will review fine and get accolades.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
DevilWillcry said:
I'd say wait it out. The two reviews I've seen (or heard of, rather) were both extremely positive, right?

Dante

Rez>You said:
If you have a personal grudge against me stemming from other threads, PM me, don't quote a wall of text and then go on to post what amounts to bait.

WTF? you posted that in this thread. It's not like he pulled a quote from another thread. Sorry, but what you wrote was completely assanine.

Rez>You said:
I'd say wait it out. The two reviews I've seen (or heard of, rather) were both extremely positive, right?
Perhaps I am overreacting a bit but it was just ridiculous seeing a game like Uncharted get snuffed in 2007 while it was of the same quality (better?) as the GOTY nominees that year. I'd prefer not to see something like that happen to KZ2.

Musashi Wins! said:
Good and great games rise, they always do. Nothing but a few niche sites would bother to follow some paranoid agenda about putting the game down. It's probably the most anticipated console shooter of the year, it does have to meet a high standard. I'm expecting it to meet a high standard, aren't you? COD4 got a free pass?!? It was a fun, really well made game. That's why it sold millions, got great review scores and kept many people (myself included) playing it for a long time. This whole, moneyhat, poor PS3 mindset is just ridiculous. The game looks awesome, has been in production forever and is getting great hype all over the web. I'm laying down 60 bones for it day one, and I do indeed expect it to be worth paying for. If it's as good as COD4 in it's own particular way, it will review fine and get accolades.
FLAWLESS VICTORY!

Everyone read this post and shut up!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Dante said:
WTF? you posted that in this thread. It's not like he pulled a quote from another thread. Sorry, but what you wrote was completely assanine.
Might want to check his wording and then check his post history. He's been a little hurt from back in last "Graphics Whore Showdown 09" thread

You seem really quick to dismiss me, which is strange. I have nothing against you.

Feel free to PM me, but don't quote this. This thread doesn't need to be shitted up over this pointless bullshit. I've posted how I feel and made it clear that I have nothing against people for merely liking Sony games. This is where this convo/derail ends.

DevilWillcry said:
Perhaps I am overreacting a bit but it was just ridiculous seeing a game like Uncharted get snuffed in 2007 while it was of the same quality (better?) as the GOTY nominees that year. I'd prefer not to see something like that happen to KZ2.

Well the good thing is the game has been in the hands of reviewers for a while before release. They will get adequate time to go through the multiplayer and really appreciate the strengths and depth that it has.

I feel like a lot of the press doesn't get enough time to adequately play the multiplayer, so they just assume that a game like Gears of War 2 works fine because Cliffy B said so rather than being able to check out for themselves just how broken it is.

Dante

Rez>You said:
Might want to check his wording and then check his post history. He's been a little hurt from back in last "Graphics Whore Showdown 09" thread

You seem really quick to dismiss me, which is strange. I have nothing against you.

Feel free to PM me, but don't quote this. This thread doesn't need to be shitted up over this pointless bullshit. I've posted how I feel and made it clear that I have nothing against people for merely likeing Sony games. This is where this convo/derail ends.

I'll believe it when I see it :)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
DevilWillcry said:
I played and loved Uncharted (I must've played through the game in it's entirety over 5 times in order to unlock all the medals O_O), but the reviewers did have valid complaints I felt.

In any case, we'll see. Personally, I'm very hesitant to jump on the "reviewers have it in for PARTY X and only love PARTY Y" sort of thing.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Private Hoffman said:
Well the good thing is the game has been in the hands of reviewers for a while before release. They will get adequate time to go through the multiplayer and really appreciate the strengths and depth that it has.

I feel like a lot of the press doesn't get enough time to adequately play the multiplayer, so they just assume that a game like Gears of War 2 works fine because Cliffy B said so rather than being able to check out for themselves just how broken it is.

That's a good point, the reviews should be much better with that portion of the game.

Though it does make me insanely jealous.

Iain Howe

don't ask me for codes
Private Hoffman said:

A well used tactic is to limit the press's amount of time with a game and then flood them with extremely well written press packs and materials. Throw in some nice freebies and a little jaunt somewhere cool near deadline and let working pressures do the rest.

I'm pretty chuffed that Sony and GG didn't see the need to do that.

Dante

Private Hoffman said:

PH what I really want to know is are you veterans going to go easy on us recruits when it finally hits? Can I pre-emptively apologize for every team kill???

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Private Hoffman said:

Good point. I suppose the early send out of review copies makes sense when you put it in that perspective.

It's gutsy, but means that GG are confident in their product. Which, you know, is always a good thing. :D

Dizzan

MINI Member
I'm starting to really get hyped for Killzone. It was one of the reasons I chose PS3 (yer I fell for the CG, mock me).

But it seriously looks better than the target vid.

This thread and the amount of views it gets is insane. I think even people with no ps3 check it out for the eye candy

Dante

Iain Howe said:
A well used tactic is to limit the press's amount of time with a game and then flood them with extremely well written press packs and materials. Throw in some nice freebies and a little jaunt somewhere cool near deadline and let working pressures do the rest.

I'm pretty chuffed that Sony and GG didn't see the need to do that.

Dude, the footage and beta impression speaks volumes, If anybody had to be "greased" to review this, wouldn't that automatically invalidate them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom