• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

Damn, I just shot a Helghan in the kidney with the Magnum and he let out this disturbingly high-pitched yell while grabbing his side and stumbling back. It almost made me feel bad, and then I shot him in the head.

Zeliard said:
Damn, I just shot a Helghan in the kidney with the Magnum and he let out this disturbingly high-pitched yell while grabbing his side and stumbling back. It almost made me feel bad, and then I shot him in the head.

So not too bad.

Or perhaps just to put him out of his misery. :lol

WTFing

Banned
RedRedSuit said:
So the "no party system" thing was only phrased that way because you never explicitly "create a party," I guess?

(Deep apologies if I'm retreading something from 100 pages ago.)
All I know and read is that once you are in a game with your friends, you will play with them until you quit. Maybe someone else can give you extra info.

blindrocket said:
So does it work like CoD4?
What is CoD4?

Rolf NB

mintylurb said:
Some glitch pictures! Btw, I noticed that when I'm playing kz2 I can hear rather loud noise coming from my ps3's hdd. It's killing my ps3!!
Next-gen rumble!
Kittonwy said:
Oui? Je veux nomnomnom. Killzone 2 est AFW.
Indifferent2.gif
C'est wowsomme.

dfyb

Banned
dfyb said:
what aspect of the design is influenced? because all the similarities i see between the two designs are their tank-like features (treads, armor, mounted gun). otherwise the designs are quite different. i used to play 40k, btw.

edit:

transportKZ.jpg

see what i mean by 'quite different'?
006_helghast_aapc.jpg

another shot. the design is nothing like 40k's.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Zeliard said:
The magnum also causes actual damage on the bodies, unlike the assault rifles. I think it's only the killing blow though. I shot a Helghast in the back and there was a big hole around the impact. Not sure if the STA-17 does the same thing, I'm too busy going for headshots with it to notice. Funny thing is this happened right when I was lamenting the lack of actual damage on the bodies. It's like the game was reading my mind.

Zeliard

MvmntInGrn said:
So not too bad.

Or perhaps just to put him out of his misery. :lol

I can't describe in words how awesome that animation was, btw. He's bending down clutching his side, and he starts to lift his head up and I plug him in it point-blank with the Magnum, and his head snaps backwards and body swings back like he just slipped on some ice.

It was like this but his body reacted with even more force:

259epo6.gif

I can't imagine anyone who isn't a fan of gruesome realism in their shooters enjoying this game for very long (sort of like how some had issues killing people in GTA4 because of the relative realism).

RoboPlato said:
The magnum also causes actual damage on the bodies, unlike the assault rifles. I think it's only the killing blow though. I shot a Helghast in the back and there was a big hole around the impact. Not sure if the STA-17 does the same thing, I'm too busy going for headshots with it to notice. Funny thing is this happened right when I was lamenting the lack of actual damage on the bodies. It's like the game was reading my mind.

Hmm, really? I've definitely seen bulletholes on the bodies, but I'm not sure they necessarily came from a Magnum either - I think I've seen them even without using that weapon. Visible real-time damage on the bodies is pretty much the only thing that would have made the gunplay in this game even better, but that might be too much for some.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Zeliard said:
I can't describe in words how awesome that animation was, btw. He's bending down clutching his side, and he starts to lift his head up and I plug him in it point-blank with the Magnum, and his head snaps backwards and body swings back like he just slipped on some ice.

259epo6.gif
Getting a headshot with that thing while a Helghast is charging you to do a melee is incredibly satisfying. Seeing that death animation up close is a bit disturbing though, especially when they fall forward at you.

matticus

dralla said:
is the game really than 'shiny' on your TV, or just the off-sceenishness of it

Talking to me? off-screenishness and I turned the gamma way up just to take this picture (otherwise you couldn't see everything as clearly).

I have a 52" 120hz Bravia ... and the game looks stunning on it.

Zeliard said:

259epo6.gif

Where is this gun?

Cruzader

Banned
Things seen from demo:
-buddies attack back at you if you shoot them
-If you press the PS button while playing, game pauses without menu showing. Kinda cool.

hellghastxi6.jpg

cadiankasrkinsor0.gif

Clearly a blatant ripoff. Killzone doesn't even have it's own style it just steals wholesale from 40k. I mean at least Starcraft vaguely tried to cover it up.

WTFing

Banned
Tylahedras said:
Clearly a blatant ripoff. Killzone doesn't even have it's own style it just steals wholesale from 40k. I mean at least Starcraft vaguely tried to cover it up.

Why do my balls itch and get real sweaty and stinky?

KILLZONE 2: Could it be pubic lice? If it's lice, the doctor will give you something to KILLZONE them. If it's not, it's a good idea to trim the pubic hair short (some go bald completely) and keep the area clean.

Try wearing 100% cotton boxers so that your boys can breathe. Shower more often and apply prickly heat powder (which is antiseptic and KILLZONE germs, ask your pharmacist) on your testicles, your buttocks and your thighs but NOT on your penis - the powder helps to absorb sweat and keep you feeling fresh. Yeah!

The odour comes from the bacteria that feeds off the food from the sweat - they eat and they poop (that's where the smell comes from). It's just like antiperspirant roll ons, no sweat = no bacteria food = no bacteria poop = no B.O.

You have to be more hygienic and play more KILLZONE 2.

Tylahedras said:
hellghastxi6.jpg

cadiankasrkinsor0.gif

Because of course 40k invented wearing a gasmask and helmet whilst holding a gun.

Why are you guys blowing something, like someone suggesting the Helgahst transports looks like something from another fictional futuristic universe, so out of proportion? It's not like he demanded they pay royalties to Games Workshop.

Ploid 3.0

Tylahedras said:
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww292/kaplara/hellghastxi6.jpg[/IMG]

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8516/cadiankasrkinsor0.gif[/IMG]

Didn't someone just paint over those abstract 40k figures and make them resemble a cartoony KZ? I mean, you can take a small deformed skeletor figure like this and make it look like any other game's skeleton with good paint. I bet you could make these things look a bit like halo figures with the right paint.

YES, the STA-14 is a sweet rifle.

Here is some info from www.Killzone.com:

The StA-14 is a semi-automatic rotating bolt rifle, requiring a pull of the trigger and a short reload pause for each round fired out of its eight-round drum clip. The design of the weapon prioritizes range and accuracy over rate of fire, making it more suited for defensive roles from cover.

If you team up with one or two assault rifle wielders who can provide suppressive fire, the StA-14 becomes particularly devastating. At range, the weapon has a distinct advantage over the M82 or StA-52, although it requires a steady hand. Against snipers, it allows you to snap off flurries of shots, even while relocating. The StA-14 also requires much less time to acquire and service a target than a dedicated sniper rifle.

Be warned, though: In situations where carefully picking your shots is not an option, the StA-14 can become a liability. It doesn't provide the volume of fire required for effective suppression, so it's not suitable for assaulting. Additionally, it lacks the magazine size to defend a position against groups of fast-moving enemies - especially when there are no natural choke points to hold them up...

ALSO, whenever I try to log-in to killzone.com using my PSN ID, I get an error:
Content is not available
Does that happen to anyone else?

Tylahedras said:
hellghastxi6.jpg

cadiankasrkinsor0.gif

Again, WW2 came out before 40k.

EDIT: Check out the masks on the dogs. :D

EDIT #2: I like in the second picture, the poster, where it says: "Don't use it as a knapsack or pillow."

troops.gas.mask.jpg

wwiip257.jpg

WTFing

Banned
Hellsing321 said:
Why are you guys blowing something like someone suggesting the Helgahst transports looks like something from another fictional futuristic universe so out of proportion? It's not like he demanded they pay royalties to Games Workshop.
I don't care but KILLZONE 2 make some people's balls itch and get real sweaty and stinky. I don't know why. :lol

Iain Howe

don't ask me for codes
Tylahedras said:
From the above those Helgast troop transports show obvious signs of Warhammer 40k influence...

Don't get me started. If you want a franchise based on 'homage' then you don't need to look much farther than the Warhammer property.

The Warhammer troop transports, by the way, are barely modified Vietnam era US Army APC's.

DoomGyver

Found this list, shows what weapons are available for each class.

Rifleman

M82 Assault Rifle
StA-52 Assault Rifle
StA-11 SMG
VC9 Rocket Launcher
M13 Combat Shotgun
M1 LMG
StA3 LMG
StA-18 Pistol
M4 Revolver
Grenade Launcher
M194 Frag Grenade

Medic

M82 Assault Rifle
StA-52 Assault Rifle
M4 Revolver
StA-18 Pistol
M194 Frag Grenade

Tactician

M82 Assault Rifle
StA-52 Assault Rifle
StA-18 Pistol
M4 Revolver
M194 Frag Grenade

Engineer

M13 Combat Shotgun
StA-18 Pistol
M4 Revolver
M194 Frag Grenade

Assault

M327 Grenade Launcher
M80 Rocket Launcher
VC9 Rocket Launcher
StA-18 Pistol
M4 Revolver
M194 Frag Grenade

Saboteur

StA-14 Rifle
StA-11 SMG
StA-18 Pistol
M4 Revolver
M194 Frag Grenade

Scout

VC-32 Sniper Rifle
StA-18 Pistol
M4 Revolver
M194 Frag Grenade

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
BruceLeeRoy said:
Damn midnight is such a long time to wait.
How many more hours away is this? I live in Australia, so my time zone is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom