• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 44

Crisis averted for now

Uka da bes
ZC2oNFb.jpg

Zweizer

Banned
Hi Score Girl ch20

Whoo Darkstalkers~

Relationship upgrade as well~

Pokémon - Dating a Team Magma Grunt ch6

Next step is marriage~

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch15

Summer break time~

Usobuko

Banned
Is there any manga where the female lead commit suicide or was abused and eventually murdered / killed ? Or simply an inevitable tragedy. Spoiler tag the names please for the rest of MangaGAF.

Preferably grounded, down-to-earth drama in a SoL setting.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Is there any manga where the female lead commit suicide or was abused and eventually murdered / killed ? Or simply an inevitable tragedy. Spoiler tag the names please for the rest of MangaGAF.

Saishu Heiki Kanojo Love Story, Killed. It's a war setting unfortunately
17 Sai, based on the murder of Junko Furuta

Usobuko

Banned
Saishu Heiki Kanojo Love Story, Killed. It's a war setting unfortunately
17 Sai, based on the murder of Junko Furuta

Thanks but I read both already.

I didn't finish the second one though. I can stomach pretty much anything but for something based on a recent real life story, I need that special mood to tackle them.

Lain

Gangsta volume 5
eVlb.jpg

Shit definitely went down in this volume. Those hunter people are ruthless.
Alex had a minor role this time, though I really liked the little bits about her past and how that seems to connect her to Nicolas somehow. I want to know more about that!
I hope Worick will be alright, though the way the volume ends is worrying.

Also, a couple things I received:

Lightning Pop is pretty awesome. Apart from the great name, it's so chock full of awesome Shouji Sato artworks.
On the other hand, Lemnear has those awesome Satoshi Urushihara drawn bare breasts.

Neither of these are really what you're looking for, but they're basically my 2 favourite manga of all time so I can't resist:

Zekkyou Gakkyuu / Screaming Lessons - https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=35025
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=41618

Usobuko

Banned
Neither of these are really what you're looking for, but they're basically my 2 favourite manga of all time so I can't resist:

Zekkyou Gakkyuu / Screaming Lessons - https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=35025
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=41618

Well, I read like 10+ chapters of the first one, saw it's ongoing status and put it indefinitely on-hold.

TOxA is on my PTR list though so maybe I will give that a shot. It's by Maybe, so I already like the art.

Usobuko

Banned
Twisted One Shot from Aoi Kuruma

iewNCQL.png

Guy who was injured from an accident found himself able to talk to the one who was killed in his head. It's a little been there, done that and the art was just serviceable.

The story telling, however, is to my liking. My fondness of this carefree SoL-ish narration. It is something I would read it if it became a series.

Furyous

Jiujiu END

This is the early contender for worst ending of the year.....

This author put a four year 11 pages before the end. Who impregnated Takamichi? Takayuki was supposed to be dead but is alive on page 50 and early seen fishing with moon. We still don't know who Snow/Night's parents. Snow/Night went from not talking to human for the better part of two chapters to human on the last page. Who's the father of the kids? What was the complete outcome of Seijuro's brother's plan? When did the vampire prince have a servant? This ending is so full of asspull that Kubo has wetdreams about it.

I think I am going to drop Fairy Tail

No more dragons and the way Hiro handled the whole thing was completely anticlimactic and felt amateurish at best

the series plot is a joke

Zweizer

Banned
A Lollipop or a Bullet by Sakuraba Kazuki & Sugimoto Iqura

Fairly interesting story about how two girls, both living with troubles at home, try to deal with their circumstances. The development is kind of previsible, but overall it's executed pretty competently.

I just don't understand how some FT readers hype this shit

and get emotional with the recent chapter..... Igneel was going to die anyway

you didn't even really know the guy

Edit: I literally feel like my soul is being sucked away with every chapter

Kiba no Tabishounin x-45

Kinda embarassed that it took me this long to realize that i'd never particularly care for the protagonists. Writer tries to pass the tsundere as a woman of mystery with a heavy cross to bear, but whenever that sword comes out of its scabbard, the person using the book is far more sympathetic than her, sooo... yeah. Good art, but dropping due to meh.

Basilisk
No idea why i'd never read this. Knew it would be great when they portrayed tokugawa (was it tokugawa?) with a chinscrotum, and his advisor with a cockhead. Didn't disappoint. Hits and surpasses all the highs of Terra Formars, and never drops as low. Consistently solid art and supah 80's bushy eyebrows also help. Ended up going through it in a single day.

Tokio Ghoul 50-80
So glad that they give the lead white hair, now i can just refer to him as Whiteguy, instead of bothering with his name (no idea what it is,btw >_>). Story moving along nicely, shame that they had to sacrifice loveinterest1's power advantage for it, now she appears to have become just another damsel in distress. Hoping that there'll be some payoff when the oldguy owner of cafe whatever finally shows what his deal is, even though, yes, that is an immense cliche.

Gunnm Last Order x-End
Second time Yukito goes *fuck, too many threads, soft reset time!*. Hope he manages to pull it off again. Overall enjoyed Mbadi as an antagonist a whole lot, and the desty nova thing was just messy at the end, so here's hoping he resists bringing him back.

Tanabata no Kuni
Hey, parasyte was good, right? Zero build up, all action, but still good. So let us check out this other alien manga the author did.

Nope. Polar opposite. All buildup, zero action. So freaking boring. Lead is lawful stupid. Terrible art too. At least the females are better written, but what's the point when the story was so boring?

Me and the Devil Blues 1, Planetes 1
Ye gods, loved every single bit of both of those chapters, especially planetes. Both authors should be proud of having accomplished so much with so little.

Pluto 1-23
I've no idea why i'd never read this before. Transhumanism on lock, clever characters, great world building, solid art, Urasawa is on fire so far.

Blaster Knuckle 1
Oh hey, something even more stupid than Terra Formars. No idea if i'll keep reading it, first chapter was wretched.

Thanks for all the seinen tips again, guys. Was an immense help during the trip.

Seems like Tokyo Ghoul is getting a PSVita adventure RPG.

Time to buy a Vita AquaWateria.

Brah I already have a Vita, I'm all set.

I think I am going to drop Fairy Tail

No more dragons and the way Hiro handled the whole thing was completely anticlimactic and felt amateurish at best

the series plot is a joke

Read better manga, that's what I always do when I read something terrible.

I've felt that way since basically the fight against Laxus, which is why I've dropped it.
I should've dropped it then
Read better manga, that's what I always do when I read something terrible.
I usually have some back up chapters of great series that I've never read yet in order to cleanse away the terrible chapters I occasionally have to read

I did the same thing for Naruto at times (especially with the horrible Kaguya fight)

----------

I was waiting for the Dragons believing that things would get better if they revealed themselves but the way Hiro handled it and the crappy reason for their disappearance just makes me regret taking that gamble

The Tower of Mysterion 02

Drowns in drama and things are escalating one after another.

On the plus side, good to see the girl gain her determination so quickly.

Quixzlizx

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 61

Akane is such a demon <3

Girls of the Wild's 172

RIP Jaegu. You will be missed (by the characters, not the readers).

dani_dc

Domestic na Kanojo 18

I don't understand why he's so reticent to join the book club, it's right up his alley.

Girl was easily convinced to kiss for no reason, wonder what the back story is on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom