• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Apple-related gaming announcement on Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

Mike Wehner, journalist of Daily Dot, TUAW and USA Today:
Hey tech/Apple/games fans. Prepare your Twitter b-holes for Friday. It's going to be a bloodbath.
Mark it on your calendar and you'll see.

https://twitter.com/MikeWehner/status/559815623803678720

So what's this all about? :O

Update: The tweet has been deleted for unknown reasons conspiracy.gif

Update 2: The tweet was apparently related to the AOL layoffs hitting Engadget (tech), TUAW (Apple) and Joystiq (games). The latter two sites will be closed down.

Interfectum

Real Guess: Apple TV can play games and apps natively using iphone/ipad as controller.

Crazy Guess: Apple buys Nintendo

Jonboy

Interesting. Can't wait to see what it is. Been feeling like this was a missed opportunity for apple for years.

A dedicated controller with proper support would do wonders for their appeal with hardcore gamers.

Guessing: Apple TV can play games using iphone/ipad as controller.

IIRC, that's already possible.

ClearData

I'd imagine sticking an Intel CPU and a decent Nvidia mGpu into the Apple TV or the latter into Mac Mini would give them a respectable gaming foothold.

Anion

Maybe he us being sarcastic.
I'm sure they would get sued for inciting a bloodbath

I would love native x360 controller support on mac

Servbot24

Banned
In my perfect world I can play all my games on the Apple ecosystem. Apple could buy Nintendo and Sony and I'd be a happy camper :)

Iacobellis

I'd imagine sticking an Intel CPU and a decent Nvidia mGpu into the Apple TV or the latter into Mac Mini would give them a respectable gaming foothold.

They wouldn't do that when their computers still use the 7xxM cards.

A TWO YEAR OLD mobile GPU.

LCfiner

Apple doesn’t do big news events on Fridays and they always give one or two weeks notice.

So if there’s any announcement, it’s either really small (Press release only) or some other company is making a game/tech/whatever announcement.

And burying that on a Friday would be odd, too. Unless it was bad news.

eh

Fhtagn

Apple only announces truly major stuff on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, so this is either bs, an acquisition, or a third party thing that's not really about Apple even if it's Apple related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom