• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
so going by the source code stuff this is definitely a metal gear game right?

and in all likeliness a metal gear fps right?

and the ad is making people assume its around WW2 right because it's a grassy field. and this would lead one to assume its about the boss right?

Phatcorns

It's fucking Raiden. Without a shadow of a doubt! Raiden means thunder and lighting in Japanese. There are storm clouds. Raiden is badass. What more proof do you need?

I predict it's gonna be a mix between MGS stealth and ZOE badass sword action.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Phatcorns said:
It's fucking Raiden. Without a shadow of a doubt! Raiden means thunder and lighting in Japanese. There are storm clouds. Raiden is badass. What more proof do you need?

oh yeaaaahhh

this guy's got it. it's a game about raiden, im with him

EktorPR

Phatcorns said:

$1,000 bucks to this prediction. :D

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I'm all for bad ass Raiden-Gaiden with MGS level of polish and production value. That would be fucking amazing.

Well, they do have that whole 'Raiden taking Sonny from the patriots' that happened before MSG4 and was only referenced. I wonder how long they could be stretched to? Maybe it's an add-on.

Phatcorns said:

Throw in the GDC footage of Kojima showing Raiden, so yeah.

Well, if Raiden and Rose met in April 2007, perhaps they conceived their child then...

...so the game is about Raiden's son?

I know. Probably not.

Darkpen

Banned
Months ago, I dreamed of a Metal Gear Raiden game/drama with similar lighting and atmosphere to Act 3, but with Raiden getting drunk in a bar, and shakey-cam marital problem scenes with Rose D:

It was awesome :D

Phatcorns

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
Where is everyone getting the zombie ideas from?

Also, please god, new IP. No MGS, no ZOE, no Boktai. That's what I'd prefer at least. :D

As much as I'd love a sequel, I agree. Maybe have a small team do a sequel or spinoff and have Kojima do something new. That man's brain needs to be cracked open for all the ideas we can get.

BobTheFork said:
Well, they do have that whole 'Raiden taking Sonny from the patriots' that happened before MSG4 and was only referenced. I wonder how long they could be stretched to? Maybe it's an add-on.

I don't know, how many Lone Wolf & Cub stories are there?

Slightly disappointed that this is turning out to be another Metal Gear. I can still hold out hope that it's a prequel and that Kojima wouldn't be silly enough to make a sequel to MGS4...

SolidSnakex said:
Awhile back Kojima said that he wanted to make a zombie game.

OT, but remember that mini game in MGS3 where BB was dreaming and you controlled that dude with the blades? I could've sworn a full game was being made.

RagnarokX

It's probably a dating sim where Jack meets Rose for the fist time on April 30, 2007 at a house by a lake.

Metal Gear Solid: Tactical Dating Action

Jason's Ultimatum said:
OT, but remember that mini game in MGS3 where BB was dreaming and you controlled that dude with the blades? I could've sworn a full game was being made.
That was made into a game. I think Nano Breaker was the name.

Knight77 said:
23tkoqv.png

_____________________________________________________________________ / \
_____________________________________________________________________ | |
2dlqec2.jpg

This be my first post as a noob.
reckon that pic looks VERY much like the bottom of this poster of a well known film
grindhouse-poster-big.jpg

So unless kojima is making the new grindhouse game, I'm calling that picture quoted as bullshit.

Family Fry said:
reckon that pic looks VERY much like the bottom of this poster of a well known film
grindhouse-poster-big.jpg

So unless kojima is making new grindhouse game, I'm calling that picture quoted as bullshit.

Very good job, that is identical.

Phatcorns said:

I'm all for this!!

Nif

So that's another "Apple logo found on the PS3 flash" thing? Using a random Grindhouse image is strange.

Dever

Banned
Family Fry said:

So unless kojima is making the new grindhouse game, I'm calling that picture quoted as bullshit.

...Mind blown. Wtf is going on. :lol

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Something with the Boss and WWII = Hell yes.

Raiden could be good, but I'd much rather go back in time rather than close to MGS4.

Apon even further investigation and a tip off from a friend Evilboris.
The entire border on that flash site is taken from this poster!
grindhouse.jpg

John_B

If I were to design a teaser website for a video game, I would probably not steal copyright protected shit from other websites.

So does this mean the next Kojima Productions game is a double feature of sorts, ZOE3 with nonstop action coming first and MGS5 with endless dialog and a small amount of action proportionally speaking coming after that?

Top Bottom