• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefront info (40 players, heroes, free Ep7 DLC, FPS & TPS) [Full Screens]

Steel

Banned
8 is not enough after a month tbh. Neither is 4 'worlds' (especially if some are a combination of the others' environments).

Hopefully "more than 8" turns out to be at least 10 at launch. It's not like you can go play the campaign to mix it up.

I was hoping there was going to be a trend of not charging for new maps but guess that's too much to ask.

It's EA. Also the lack of environments is probably a side effect of spending too much money on the graphics, easier to keep things to the same area than use an entirely different tileset on a different planet. In fact I'm going to guess graphics are the main priority here... Oh well, we'll see.

And yes, the second tweet seems to be a reply. But that's not an official account.

MADGAME

I hope there are a variety of character species to choose from besides Human. Also hoping all the bounty hunters are somehow incorporated, not just Boba Fett.

Tubie

uz2kWkm.png

This will need to be posted every few pages because I can already see people saying: "the game only has 4 maps and very few game modes wtf EA!!!!@!@! this game is soooo barebones not worth $60" just a few pages from now.

Edit: Battlefront is #4 on the amazon hourly charts, it's been there since last night lol. Some of you are insane for preordering so early! Not even I am that hyped.

I bet I cave in and end up preordering the digital PS4 version later tonight.

Steel

Banned
Ah thanks, so if there are more than 2 per world and 4 worlds...then it sounds like at least 12 at launch, which would be decent.

He would've outright said 3 per world in that case. I doubt they can get more than 1 map out of Hoth, for example. So some other world would probably have 3, but not all. They've also confirmed 4 worlds.

I hope there are a variety of character species to choose from besides Human. Also hoping all the bounty hunters are somehow incorporated, not just Boba Fett.

From Eurogamer's interview with DICE's general manager:

"You won't be able to put a pink cape on Darth Vader - that would be easy for us to build and some people might say that'd be fun, but its not authentic. That's how we're grounding all of the features in the game, including the customisation. Picking alien heads, or different heads for different species is something that we think people want and its also true to what Star Wars stands for. And there are different things like that that you can do. We want to stand very firm on that; we want to protect what Star Wars stand for."

Skyzard

Banned
He would've outright said 3 per world in that case. I doubt they can get more than 1 map out of Hoth, for example. So some other world would probably have 3, but not all. They've also confirmed 4 worlds.

Yeah, I'm thinking they meant "at least 2."

Just a couple more than 8 could make a big difference to the variety and how long it will hold up for.

Tubie

Yeah, I'm thinking they meant "at least 2."

Just a couple more than 8 could make a big difference to the variety and how long it will hold up for.

Or it could be they are not done with maps yet so they literally don't know the final number of maps the game will ship out with.

MADGAME

"You won't be able to put a pink cape on Darth Vader - that would be easy for us to build and some people might say that'd be fun, but its not authentic. That's how we're grounding all of the features in the game, including the customisation. Picking alien heads, or different heads for different species is something that we think people want and its also true to what Star Wars stands for. And there are different things like that that you can do. We want to stand very firm on that; we want to protect what Star Wars stand for."

Excellent.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

I hope i can play as a Quarren
2137372-njo_quarren.jpg

Boke1879

This will need to be posted every few pages because I can already see people saying: "the game only has 4 maps and very few game modes wtf EA!!!!@!@! this game is soooo barebones not worth $60" just a few pages from now.

Edit: Battlefront is #4 on the amazon hourly charts, it's been there since last night lol. Some of you are insane for preordering so early! Not even I am that hyped.

I caved an preordered the regular edition on Amazon. Deluxe edition just isn't all that worth it to me. Now I really hope sometime soon they announce a CE I'll be there day 1 for that

Good. That's confirmation then. Some people mentioned multiple races and female characters in the multiplayer footage they showed.

Tovarisc

Good. That's confirmation then. Some people mentioned multiple races and female characters in the multiplayer footage they showed.

Well we saw different races and human woman in reveal trailer we got to see. E.g. one who jetpack RPG's AT-ST was, well, alien and woman is pilotin hoverbike as she is chased by stormtrooper.

Metfanant

It's a pretty big fucking deal? Would you prefer a reality where 99% of the productions resorted to CGI? Oh wait..
I cannot believe people are asking for Episode 1,2 and 3 content. Shocked.

What in the the ever living fuck does the fact that EP1,2,3 used a lot of CGI have to do with content for a video game?...

Ya know, a video game? Where EVERYTHING is CGI?...the more content, the more maps, the more locations and variety the better...

I mean really...get over yourself...

MattyG

Banned
Well we saw different races and human woman in reveal trailer we got to see. E.g. one who jetpack RPG's AT-ST was, well, alien and woman is pilotin hoverbike as she is chased by stormtrooper.
He was Sullustan actually. I never knew the name of the race or their planet of origin until yesterday

The trailer reminded me so much of how DA:I looks on PC.

I caved.

PC via Origin.

Eggbok

Hmm watching the IGN video they brought up a good point about the planets. The game is based on battles from the original trilogy. But in those movies there weren't a lot of planets where battles took place.

A New Hope:
- Tatooine
- Yavin IV
- Death Star
- Alderaan

The Empire Strikes Back:
- Hoth
- Dagobah
- Bespin
- Tatooine

Return of the Jedi:
- Tatooine
- Dagobah
- Death Star II
- Endor

Of these locations, battles between the Rebels and the Empire only took place on Hoth, Endor and Sullust based on the movies. We actually see Hoth and Endor battles, Sullust is mentioned by Vader to the Emperor while Endor was happening. Everything else was either in space or just Luke and crew vs Stormtroopers.

I'm not sure about how Tatooine fits into this because we have never seen battles take place there. However that Mobile game Star Wars: Commander takes place on Tatooine so it could be connected to that.

Anyways only having 4 planets ( Hoth, Endor, Sullust and Tatooine) so far makes complete sense.

DOWN

Banned
Looks like BF4 to me to be honest. I can believe it being 1080p but a solid 60fps on consoles will not happen. I think it'll fluctuate between 40-60.
People whine more about framerate so they'll likely do 900p 60fps and not as pretty. I want 1080p30

Pastry

Banned
8 is not enough after a month tbh. Neither is 4 'worlds' (especially if some are a combination of the others' environments).

Hopefully "more than 8" turns out to be at least 10 at launch*. It's not like you can go play the campaign to mix it up.

I was hoping there was going to be a trend of not charging for new maps but guess that's too much to ask.

*although that wouldn't add up if there was going to be more than 2 per world at launch. In fact it'd have to be at least 12 right (with 4 worlds)?

Seems a bit ... unclear.

Wait, is that second tweet a reply?

Dice does the best payable DLC. Since BF4 released the game has had something like 25 or 30 new maps. It's well worth the price.

Really? Hmmm. If the visuals are downgraded too much by release maybe I will buy a new PC instead of upgrading mine. I'd rather play this with all my friends on PS4 though.
Wish publishers would offer some sort of cross buy feature, even if it's just a discount. This definitely seems like the type of game I'll end up getting on PS4 and PC.

wow, at the number of views already on youtube in just a day. Who thinks this will sell better than CoD this year?

Which Cod, Black Ops 3 comes this year as well but I think this game will absolutely trump it in sales. Die hard Star Wars fans who aren't even really gamers just collectors of everything Star Wars will buy this and never open it because it has Star Wars on it. I still think SWBF will surpass Cod Black Ops 3 even if it releases on all consoles.

Top Bottom