• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefront info (40 players, heroes, free Ep7 DLC, FPS & TPS) [Full Screens]

JNA

Banned
Reading that was draining. Cynicism just doesn't jive with me.

The minute I heard "only 3 planets, no space combat", my hype pretty much deflated almost completely. And of course, DLC up the wozzu. Probably DLC space combat just watch lol.

God damn you EA.

HariKari

It will do fine, the PC community simply rejected Hardline it seems.

It's a bad game and not a huge leap over BF4. No reason to switch. Plus all the lingering bad feelings over how bad BF4 was at launch.

Battlefront will do fine, certainly better than Hardline, so long as it's not a technical trainwreck.

Sorc3r3r

yes

I'll repost this from way earlier while I'm back here. This is most likely one of the Jakku maps.
rj97HOG.png

This grab reminds me the old days of pit figher or the first mortal kombat, looks good but the whole illumination is wrong,it gives to me a deep uncanny valley effect.

Kathian

Banned
I'm wondering if the PC community for Battlefront will be a ghost town?

- Anti-Origin sentiment (Gabe or bust)
- Anti-EA
- BF4 anger
- Battlefield Hardline low PC stats

People use Origin and its actually a good customer experience (superior to Steam in that regard). Anti EA is as much on any platform; same with BF4 anger. Meanwhile Hard line didn't sell well on PC because it was poor value proposition and the beta was quite unambitious feeling.

Battlefront will do very well. So happy to hear no SP. No doubt we'll see some SP DLC but I've wanted devs to just go all in on multi player for these games.

Wil348

I would have pre ordered the digital version had the box art not been absolutely stunning. Seriously, one of the best game box arts I've seen this year.

I would have pre ordered the digital version had the box art not been absolutely stunning. Seriously, one of the best game box arts I've seen this year.
hey I appreciate the box art in my digital library. I have a friend who also goes all digital but he is still attached to collecting game cases so he buys game cases from online to collect.

Lol, 40 players. Next-gen indeed. I suppose Jaguar cant keep up.

20 v 20 may be more of a deliberate design choice than hardware limitation. BF4 is at its best up to about 32 v 32. To my taste, 64 v 64 matches are simply too hectic to be much fun most of the time...

Skyzard

Banned
New maps are going to be DLC?

Hope it doesn't kill the userbase and excitement like with most games that do that, 8ish maps with 4 different types of environment doesn't sound like it's content packed, even less so with no campaign.

Marvel

could never
Looks like I'm never going to be a Hero/Sith then, as good as I am at BF games it's never enough to score 1st place usually.

Sad.

Rosur

most of the info so far has got me hyped for Battlefront, now just hoping they test the shit out of the servers so they don't fail on launch (but this is gonna be a 2mill+ launch so can see it still failing).

Why would Battlefront be a ghost town? It will be massive on PC, like BF 3 and BF 4 was, but i expect bigger.

Anti-Origin sentiment is really very small % of players.

agree while I don't like Origin it does not prevent me from playing games on it. That said this is a day 1 purchase for the PS4 for me.

WillyBear

Neo Member
Star-Wars-Battlefront-Key-Art.jpg

Does anyone have a version of this high res picture without the logo? I'd love to have this as my wallpaper but without the logo :s.

pa22word

I'm wondering if the PC community for Battlefront will be a ghost town?

- Anti-Origin sentiment (Gabe or bust)
- Anti-EA
- BF4 anger
- Battlefield Hardline low PC stats

Yeah, after titanfall I'm pretty much done buying AAA console shooters on PC. The PC gaming community seems to have moved on for the most part, with almost every game becoming a ghost town after a month or so.

I mean I think the game sounds like fun, but who knows if the community will be active enough to support it and it's knowingly insane DLC map pack racket.

tensuke

No space battles? Dafuq? That was the coolest in BF2, flying out of your ship, attacking other ships, boarding them and destroying systems, etc.

Really soured my hype for BF3.

Ark

Yeah, after titanfall I'm pretty much done buying AAA console shooters on PC. The PC gaming community seems to have moved on for the most part, with almost every game becoming a ghost town after a month or so.

I mean I think the game sounds like fun, but who knows if the community will be active enough to support it and it's knowingly insane DLC map pack racket.

That's because Titanfall was lacklustre for the PC community.

BF4 is still going strong long after its release.

Reading that was draining. Cynicism just doesn't jive with me.

I'm not even going to bother. PC Gamer pissed me off yesterday. Their assumptions (lol only 4 maps) created dozens of pages of unfounded bitching.

I've preordered and I am excited, nothing short of this being secretly laden with microtransactions will deter me.

Top Bottom