• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

Always-honest said:
just bought this game.
am i going to have fun?

Just picked it up myself last night. The wife and I had a blast. Ne1 know if their is any free songs out there.

BTW my psn is the same as my id. Now vids yet but hopefully soon.

Tntnnbltn

US SingStore Update, 28th May 2009

Songs from this week's European update:
  • Bill Withers - "Lean On Me"
  • Blacknuss - "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life"
  • Brad Paisley - "Online"
  • Britney Spears - "Sometimes"
  • Damien Leith - "Night Of My Life"
  • Don McLean - "Vincent (Starry, Starry Night)"
  • Evanescence - "Good Enough"
  • Evanescence - "My Immortal"
  • FACT - "A Fact Of Life"
  • Good Charlotte - "I Don’t Want To Be In Love (Dance Floor Anthem)"
  • Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc."
  • Gorillaz - "Dirty Harry"
  • Hooverphonic - "You Hurt Me"
  • Korn - "Freak On A Leash"
  • Lisa Stansfield - "All Around The World"
  • Phoenix - "Everything Is Everything"

Songs from previous European updates:
  • Pipettes - "Pull Shapes"
  • Soulwax - "Caramel"
  • Surferosa - "Lucky Lipstick"

Songs exclusive to US update:
  • The Automatic - "Monster"

Pop Ballads song pack:
  • The Bangles - "Eternal Flame"
  • Frankie Goes To Hollywood - "The Power Of Love"
  • The Fray - "You Found Me"
  • Sarah McLaclan - "Building A Mystery"
  • Sara Bareilles - "Love Song"

Ultimate Natalia song pack:
  • Natalia - "I Want You Back"
  • Natalia - "Fragile Not Broken"
  • Natalia - "I Survived You"
  • Natalia - "Gone To Stay"
  • Natalia - "I've Only Begun To Fight"

French:
  • Aaron - "Le Tunnel D'Or"
  • Anis - "Rodeo Boulevard"
  • Corynne Charby - "Boule de flipper"
  • Deluxe - "Que No"
  • Laroche Valmont - "T'as le look coco"
  • Zaho feat. Tunisiano - "La Roue Tourna"

Songs that didn't make it:
  • Depeche Mode - "I Feel You"
  • Golden Earring - "Twilight Zone"
  • Lostprophets - "A Town Called Hypocrisy"

lupinko

Bill Withers - "Lean On Me"
Don McLean - "Vincent (Starry, Starry Night)"
Song Pack - Ultimate Queen 3

Dwayne said:
^^^ WHAT!?~! Has this happened before?

Well you guys did miss out on some Kylie Monogue songs before due to licensing issues.

Tntnnbltn

Dwayne said:
^^^ WHAT!?~! Has this happened before?
It happens everywhere. The regional licensing issues which affect the US also happen in other parts of the world.

Edit: I was impressed by the video quality of the Evanescence songs. Very good.

Just Britney for me. But what an excellent Britney song for it to be! Sometimes is a great singalong song.

Unfortunately, I'm sick as a dog and have no voice at the moment - but I can't wait to take my first crack at it.

Tntnnbltn

E3: SingStar: Motown later this year

Sony has announced that SingStar: Motown will head to PS3 and PS2 this year, packing songs from legends like Marvin Gaye, The Supremes and Stevie Wonder.

There's little else to go on for now, and we presume a tracklist will be forthcoming. But otherwise this is much the same deal as SingStar Queen and SingStar ABBA.

Sony also promises brand new online community features for SingStar PS3 this September. These will be a video editor that has an "array of special effects" to spruce up home movies, and SingStar Clubs - a tool allowing like-mined members of SingStar Online to group together and share stuff.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/e3-singstar-motown-later-this-year

Tntnnbltn

Press releases for the above news...

Motown Sound Comes to SingStar®

The industry icon celebrates its 50th anniversary with its very own SingStar® title for PLAYSTATION®3 and PlayStation®2.

E3, Los Angeles, 2nd June 2009: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) is set to give SingStar® an injection of soul this year with the announcement of SingStar® Motown for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) and PlayStation®2 for PAL territories. Celebrating 50 years of Motown, SingStar Motown will have music lovers grooving and bopping as they sing their way through a great collection of classic tracks from legendary Motown artists.

These classic sounds defined an era and gave us some of the most memorable songs ever. In fact, Motown classic artists have had over 190 number one hits worldwide - and now you get to sing some of these timeless hits yourself. Get the girls together to re-enact the ultimate diva performance of The Supremes with “Stop! In The Name Of Love.” Guys, make the ladies swoon as you croon along to the smooth sounds of Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder. And now you can really get your groove on with Wireless SingStar® Microphones for an authentic performance reminiscent of the ‘60s.

Following the hugely successful SingStar® ABBA and SingStar® Queen, the classic artists from SingStar Motown are the latest global music icons to join the SingStar ranks. The track list is packed full of timeless tunes that will have everyone on their feet and singing along later this year.

Now SingStar® community gets more creative and more social

Produce your own music videos and set up an online SingStar Club with brand-new community features for SingStar® on PLAYSTATION®3

E3, Los Angeles, 2nd June 2009: SingStar® from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) has a passionate and fun-loving community who love to sing and share their performances online, ten thousand of whom entered the recent SingStar® Crystal Mics talent search. Now, two great features have been announced for SingStar on PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) which will make the community experience even better for more than 75,000 monthly unique users. From September, SingStars will be able to download a video editor to polish their performance videos before they upload them for others to watch – and they’ll also be able to broaden their SingStar online network with SingStar Clubs, a new feature coming to My SingStar Online.

Produce and star in your own music videos…

Do your performance justice and show it off with a music video to rival the stars’ using the new video editing feature. Personalise your videos by selecting your favourite 30 seconds and turn it into a music video masterpiece with the array of special effects. 27,000 videos are viewed daily on My SingStar Online and this number is set to soar as the creativity of the SingStar community is unleashed. The world’s your stage and it’s set to be a sell-out show - get ready to impress with the performance of a lifetime when the video editor comes to SingStar this September.

Join an exclusive club and find your SingStar soul-mates…

Find people who share your passion with SingStar Clubs – introducing a new social element to the SingStar experience. Join the SingStar revolution and create a club on My SingStar Online so you can interact with like-minded SingStar players around the world. Share videos and compare the results of your last SingStar party and view online charts from your club. You’ll never be lonely again when SingStar Clubs brings you together with your SingStar soul-mates this September.

With these two great new features – as well as the new, Wireless SingStar® Microphones - to keep the award-winning SingStar experience hitting the right notes, 2009 is the year to join the SingStar community, get singing and get connected to hundreds of thousands of other SingStars around the world. You can stay in tune with all the latest SingStar news at www.SingStargame.com.

Tntnnbltn

I thought this was actually cool... The PS2 art-style for SingStar Polskie Hity is derived from the real-life PS3 version.

SS_POLHITS_PS3_2D_Pack_Pol.jpg
SS_POLHITS_PS2_2D_Pack_pol.jpg

Hopefully the next SingStore Update will be announced in 12 hours time or so.

lupinko

SingStar Motown Day 0 for me, because unlike SingStar Queen, I can't buy those songs off the SingStore. =(

Unless London Studio works it out with UMG which will probably never happen. =(

Tntnnbltn

Completely out of nowhere...

Let it Shine with SingStar Take That!

The UK’s ultimate band is back for good with a dedicated SingStar® title on PLAYSTATION 3 and PlayStation 2

London, 5th June 2009: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe today announced SingStar® Take That is coming to PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) on Blu-ray Disc and PlayStation 2. Take That fans are in for a treat this year as one of Europe’s hottest acts comes to SingStar. Set to launch late 2009, SingStar Take That will have fans and music lovers singing along to classic pop hits and soulful ballads that span the group’s hugely successful career. You can get practising this summer when the Take That SongPack comes to SingStore™, giving you five exclusive tracks so you’ll be ready to impress when SingStar Take That arrives later this year!

Featuring a collection of new and classic tracks from their multi-million album selling career, SingStar Take That is packed full of those tunes that will tug on your heartstrings and have you delivering the performance of your life. Grab your Wireless SingStar Microphones and get your mates together for a harmonious performance of uplifting, chart topping single Shine - or serenade your loved one with the heartfelt Back for Good and Could it be Magic.

Whether Take That stole your heart in their early days or won you over with their latest releases, prepare to put on a performance you’ll Never Forget and perform the hit ballads of one of the world’s hottest groups when SingStar Take That launches on PS3 and PlayStation 2 later this year.

As proud sponsors of the band’s record breaking UK stadium tour which sees the band perform to an audience of some 1.2 million people in just twenty shows, there’ll be the opportunity for fans across the country to warm up their vocal chords early, in dedicated SingStar sampling areas, at many of the concert venues.

For those with a PS3 there will be a taster Take That SongPack to download from SingStore, these tracks will be on the disc, but for those that just can’t wait – this SongPack is sure to get you singing.

To find out how you can unleash the SingStar in you and get the latest SingStar news, visit singstargame.com

Anybody know if PAL PS2 games work with NTSC Singstar PS3 and/or if Africa by Toto is on the Singstore? That's basically the only thing holding me back from buying this.

Tntnnbltn

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Anybody know if PAL PS2 games work with NTSC Singstar PS3 and/or if Africa by Toto is on the Singstore? That's basically the only thing holding me back from buying this.
No and no.

But it looks like "Africa" is under Columbia Records (Sony), so hopefully it might be released online in the future.

Tntnnbltn

UK SingStore Update, 11th June, 2009

English:
  • Bizarre Inc - "I'm Gonna Get You"
  • Boys Like Girls - "Hero/Heroine"
  • Bryan Rice - "No Promises"
  • Depeche Mode - "Precious"
  • Evanescence - "Lithium"
  • Gorillaz - "Dare"
  • Kemopetrol - "Child Is My Name"
  • Liars - "Freak Out"
  • Lostprophets - "Can't Catch Tomorrow"
  • Madness - "Our House"
  • Madness - "House Of Fun"
  • Madness - "Baggy Trousers"
  • Madness - "Driving In My Car"
  • Madness - "My Girl"
  • P!nk - "Last To Know"
  • P!nk - "Nobody Knows"
  • Pet Shop Boys - "Opportunities"
  • Pet Shop Boys - "Rent"
  • Phoenix - "Consolation Prizes"
  • Ray Charles - "Hit The Road Jack"

Roxette Ballads song pack:
  • Roxette - "It Must Have Been Love"
  • Roxette - "Listen To Your Heart"
  • Roxette - "Fading Like A Flower"
  • Roxette - "Spending My Time"
  • Roxette - "Run To You"

French:
  • Cali - "Elle M'a Dit"
  • Cali - "1000 Coeurs Debout"
  • Julien Clerc - "Fais Moi Une Place"

Finnish:
  • Don Huonnot - "Seireen"
  • Eppu Normaali - "Joka Paiva Ja Jokaikinen Yo"

Dutch:
  • Wolter Kroes - "Hele Nacht Liggen Dromen"

Italian:

Ultimate Tiziano Ferro song pack:
  • Tiziano Ferro - "Ti scatterò una foto"
  • Tiziano Ferro - "Stop! Dimentica"
  • Tiziano Ferro - "E Raffaella è mia"
  • Tiziano Ferro - "Ed ero contentissimo"
  • Tiziano Ferro - "Sere Nere"

agm2502

First update in a long while where I wont be buying anything. already got he Madness songs, would like it must have been love, but gonna wait for it to be released seperately.

Tntnnbltn

Ashour said:
Listen to your Heart is the only thing I'm getting this week.
Or not...

* Roxette - "It Must Have Been Love"
* Roxette - "Listen To Your Heart"
* Roxette - "Fading Like A Flower"
* Roxette - "Spending My Time"
* Roxette - "Run To You"

:p

Ashour said:
Listen to your Heart is the only thing I'm getting this week.

I read your reply before this week's list, and was totally stoked, thinking you were referring to the Sonia hit Listen To Your Heart. :( It'd have been one of the many Stock/Aitken/Waterman songs to hit the store - and more importantly, my favorite.

But hey, I'm not too disappointed - two great PSB songs made the cut. They'll be my only buys this week. It's a shame we won't have access to Precious in the US.

Ashour

I really wish they would put Michael Jackson songs in the Singstore or make a Singstar: Michael Jackson, I would buy 3 copies if they do.

Tntnnbltn

European release list was confirmed by PS Blog. (The previous version was from a community manager on the Spanish PS Forums last Friday.)

PS Blog version included an Italian song pack. Added it to the above list.

Coolness! I've got three Roxette songs spread over a couple of discs but it'll be nice to have them all in once place. However, "Run to you" isn't a ballad. They should have had "Church of your heart" instead.

I'm hoping the "Ballad" name means that another Roxette pack is coming. They don't have as huge a catalog as Queen, Abba or Take That, but there's a bunch of songs I'd like to see in a "Rock" pack like "The Look", "Dressed For Success", "Dangerous", "Joyride", "The Big L", "How Do You Do", "Sleeping In My Car", "She Doesn't Live Here Anymore" or "Center of the Heart".

Just picked up Singstar Volume 1 and 2 mics today on clearance at Walmart for $20. Now I am contemplating stopping by my Toys R Us and getting Volume 2 for $10 on clearance. THey have 4 of the volume 2's on sale.

So now I just have to upload my first video, lol. Cant wait to get involved with you guys and have some Singstar fun.

Tntnnbltn

Haha, wow. New Crystal Mics competition post on the EU Blog.

SingStar Crystal Mics Contest, Mystery Judge Revealed!

Hi everyone. I’m Naomi, European Producer in the SingStar Team.

Hope you all saw some new tracks you liked in Nina’s sneak peak at this week’s SingStore update; I’m here to let you know how things are going in our hunt for the new face of SingStar - the Crystal Mics contest.

The last stage of the competition will soon be drawing to a close and just 30 finalists remain out of the 11,000 people who originally entered 10 weeks ago. Here are their names and even some clips of their superb SingStar perfomances:

[snip]

For getting this far, each of our finalists have already earned themselves their own pair of (utterly gorgeous) crystal-encrusted Wireless SingStar Microphones, but just one final test remains: they must impress rock legend Bonnie Tyler!

Bonnie’s epic 80s rock ballad, Total Eclipse of the Heart, has been top of the SingStore ‘most downloaded’ chart for some time, so it seemed appropriate to invite her to be our Crystal Mics guest judge. Each of the 30 finalists will upload one more video performance to our SingStar community site, www.singstargame.com, in an effort to amaze Bonnie and be crowned the winner of the Crystal Mics. We’ll bring you the results of the final in July and so, in the meantime, good luck to all of our finalists and well done for making it this far!

I have to say that's actually pretty awesome.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Are the Wireless mics available in the US yet? I see videos of people using them, I assume in Europe... yet when I went into Gamestop, the clerk said they had no record of it in their system as existing or coming soon. :(

Had a birthday party this past weekend, and people were tethered to the console due to the short length of the cords. Would have loved to have wireless at the time.

Eggo said:
Are the Wireless mics available in the US yet? I see videos of people using them, I assume in Europe... yet when I went into Gamestop, the clerk said they had no record of it in their system as existing or coming soon. :(

Had a birthday party this past weekend, and people were tethered to the console due to the short length of the cords. Would have loved to have wireless at the time.

Some domestic online stores have imported mics for sale, but they haven't been officially released by SCEA yet.

Hopefully they'll hit by the time Queen releases.

Tntnnbltn

US SingStore Update, 11th June, 2009

Songs from this week's European update:
  • Bizarre Inc - "I'm Gonna Get You"
  • Boys Like Girls - "Hero/Heroine"
  • Bryan Rice - "No Promises"
  • Evanescence - "Lithium"
  • Gorillaz - "Dare"
  • Liars - "Freak Out"
  • Lostprophets - "Can't Catch Tomorrow"
  • Pet Shop Boys - "Opportunities"
  • Pet Shop Boys - "Rent"
  • Pink - "Last To Know"
  • Pink - "Nobody Knows"
  • Phoenix - "Consolation Prizes"
  • Ray Charles - "Hit The Road Jack"

Songs from previous European updates:
  • The Hoosiers - "Cops N Robbers"
  • Richard Hawley - "Tonight The Streets Are Ours"

• Roxette - "It Must Have Been Love"
  • Roxette - "Listen To Your Heart"
  • Roxette - "Fading Like A Flower"
  • Roxette - "Spending My Time"
  • Roxette - "Run To You"

Foreign language songs:
  • French
    Cali - "Elle M'a Dit"
    Cali - "1000 Coeurs Debout"
    Julien Clerc - "Fais Moi Une Place"

Songs that didn't make it:
  • Depeche Mode - "Precious"
  • Madness - "Our House"
  • Madness - "House Of Fun"
  • Madness - "Baggy Trousers"
  • Madness - "Driving In My Car"
  • Madness - "My Girl"

lupinko

Time to use the Euroblog to complain about lack of new other language songs that are not French or Spanish in the North American SingStore.

Tntnnbltn

Now don't say I never gave you anything.

2m6vpud.jpg
  • Coldplay - "Clocks"
  • Coldplay - "The Hardest Part"
  • Coldplay - "The Scientist"
  • Coldplay - "Speed of Sound"
  • Coldplay - "Yellow"

awmk8.jpg
  • Coldplay - "Brothers & Sisters"
  • Coldplay - "In My Place"
  • Coldplay - "Lost"
  • Coldplay - "Trouble"
  • Coldplay - "Violet Hill"

Tntnnbltn

ESRB Rating:
SingStar Sampler Pack

Platform: PlayStation 3

Rating: Teen

Content descriptors: Mild Blood, Mild Lyrics, Mild Suggestive Themes

Rating summary: "This is a karaoke music game in which players sing along with music videos that feature the recording artists David Bowie, Fergie, Amy Winehouse, Rockwell, and the Smashing Pumpkins. Players score points by matching the pitch and duration of notes displayed on the screen. One music video depicts a woman in her underwear and shirt in bed with her boyfriend. Another video depicts a brief image of blood splattered around a shower stall. Some lyrics contain expletives (e.g., "hell") and indirect references to drugs (e.g., "Morphine city slippin' dues"). One song makes frequent references to alcohol and addiction/rehabilitation (e.g., "…a shot glass," "…I always keep a bottle near," and "He's tried to make me go to re- hab- -But I won't- - go- - go- - go.")."
Tracks:
  • Amy Winehouse - "Rehab"
  • David Bowie - "Space Oddity"
  • Fergie - "Big Girls Don't Cry"
  • Rockwell - "Somebody's Watching Me"
  • Smashing Pumpkins - "1979"

Things we don't know:
  • Will this be a PSN release?
  • Will it also be released in Europe?
  • Release date?
  • Price?

mus6677

I really hope it will be PSN version that compatible with SingStore songs i have, then i dont really need to insert the disc anymore consider that most the songs i play is from SingStore

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Always-honest said:
just bought this game.
am i going to have fun?

singstar when drunk with friends is great fun. (im sure it's fun sober too, but i don't sing as lisa loeb unless i've had a few). prepare to get addicted :D

Tntnnbltn

mus6677 said:
I really hope it will be PSN version that compatible with SingStore songs i have, then i dont really need to insert the disc anymore consider that most the songs i play is from SingStore
I'd also buy a PSN version if it was released. I just got Pop Edition and love some of the songs on disc, but it's annoying having to get up and change discs when all I wanna do is check the SingStore and maybe buy a few songs.

agm2502

Man i'd love a PSN release. It would suit the game so well. Buzz should be released like this as well. day one purchase if it comes! Can't wait for the Coldplay pack, my girlfriends been wanting "Trouble" for ages now.

Top Bottom