• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco on Tales of Zestiria PS4 rumors: ‘Wait until Tales of Festival’

so are almost all Tales games localized for Sony platforms except for ToV?
b2bc808656a301d98cce8043cdfac626.300x224x36.gif

sora87

Makes sense, the market in the west has moved to the next gen consoles faster than previous generations I feel.

dramatis

Kind of a pity, I wanted to see if they have a new Tales to follow Zestiria that would be for the new platforms. But I guess if there is one and it's not ready for show, then Zestiria PS4 might be fine.

Wonder what kind of additional content they'll put in it though.

Kysen

So glad I waited on this. My PS3 is about to go into storage. Just need to get around to finishing demon souls and starting RDR.

Can't wait ToZ: Alisha Edition for PS4/PC, honestly I was done with the series but a 1080p/60fps version with dual audio is just what I need to give it a chance. Also fix the fucking camera please.

a) are you kidding me, LiK
b) the two best Tales games, Rebirth and Destiny R, remain in Japanese. as does Destiny 2

Thanks for reminding me that Destiny R is still not playable in English, fuck.

I still played around 10 hours of the game with a lame guide and my limited japanese and it's so amazing, it makes me sad.

Aeana

what's the obsession with this Alisha? *googles*

People became obsessed with her via early marketing materials, but for some reason didn't take the hint when she kinda disappeared from later materials, and then threw a fit when it turned out that
she's not the main female character after all
. Basically, people's obsession with a character did them in.

Bousf

I wonder if there was anyone convinced this would NOT happen lol

I feel like besides upping it to PS4, they will reimagine part of the game, my bet is on Alisha going for the full run. After the Best Buy stuff and this "please wait" thing, I feel like there's a bit more than just a port. Had it been a port they would've spoken now, as the cat's basically out of the bag.

Ridley327

should we assume this with all of the (barely) cross gen games coming out of Japan as of late? ie: DQ:H

edit: DQ:H is a bad example. please strike that from my record.

Bamco has been the leader in that department, with the Shounen Jump and Godzilla games being announced for the west with a PS4 version that didn't exist before, and it's been hinted for a while that this was also the reason for the PS4 port of God Eater 2 Rage Burst exists, even though that's been released in Japan.

SeanTSC

People became obsessed with her via early marketing materials, but for some reason didn't take the hint when she kinda disappeared from later materials, and then threw a fit when it turned out that

That's really silly. Getting that attached to a character before a game is even out is really damned weird to me.

DR2K

Banned
Tales of Vesperia. For all the right Baba has been doing for the west leaving the ultimate version of the best 3d tales game unreleased in the west is a big stain on his record. I look forward to Tales of Zestria on PS4, hopefully with all DLC and enhancements too.

LiK

She's hot and she was hyped a lot, then in the final game she's not even important and leaves the party or something.

oh

They've acknowledged its existence, after being forced to from all the various leaks. There is nothing worthwhile in holding off on the western announcement beyond the inane courtesy of letting the Japanese audience feel special, and I suspect even they are irritated by all this.

If they've planned to announce it at the Tales Festival all along, then why would they change that because of leaks? Sony didn't suddenly say "Here's Bloodborne" after the Project Beast leak. They waited until E3.

Aeana

So its Kagari's fault GAF likes Alisha?? GAF tends to give mods wayyyyyy too much credit.

Uhhh.... haha, that's not what he's saying at all. He's talking about how Stella will probably not have the role people have convinced themselves she will have in FF15.

Falk

that puzzling face
So its Kagari's fault GAF likes Alisha?? GAF tends to give mods wayyyyyy too much credit.

I feel like I did the avatar quoting equivalent of posting a gif with no context/reference.

Uhhh.... haha, that's not what he's saying at all. He's talking about how Stella will probably not have the role people have convinced themselves she will have in FF15.

That's not what I'm saying at all. That design is old and gone and Kags is attached to it.

Any more than that I'd better not say because Square Enix sure is having fun with this whole thing :V

Top Bottom