• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

bL8hq1a.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The VA of Code Talker said that character will be "unforgettable"

Jingo

Im sorry for the offtopic, but can anyone give me a goodplace to buy metal gear rex from kotobukya in Europe?

Can only find it in america and japan but im afraid of the taxes once it reaches my country, im from Portugal btw.

Thank you all.

A guy on metalgearinformer wrote a short summary:

1. James auditoned for the role and got it.
2. He has met hideo kojima.
3. At first he went for a voice that was kind of deep and raspy for skull face. But Kojima told him to use his normal voice instead.
4. James said he only did a few hours of recording for skullface in total. Hence skullface might play a very short but effective role in TTP.
5. James was kept heavily in the dark about the story. Hence he doesn't know much about the character and story.
6. Compares skullface to Adolf Hitler and Darth Vader? Might have to check that out in interview again. Not sure about it.
7. He did the recordings by himself.
8. Next interview is Quinton Flynn! Scheduled for 23rd May i believe.

Nicolas-Cage-Is-Ready-To-Ride-Reaction-Gif.gif

Everytime New info or crazy theories pop up I be like..

Mexen

What if Skullface has a few hours worth of dialogue because he's also another character (essentially two VAs)?
Skullface could be an alter ego.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I wonder if you can shoot the horses.

Well the horse is a buddy so that would mean we can shoot Quiet and DD too... so probably not.

But since this is Kojima and his attention to detail i'd say if you shoot at them they just avoid it like DD jumps to the side and Quiet turns invisible or something like that.

I wanna say you probably can't kill Quiet, DD, etc., but you can probably put them all to sleep. Like in Ground Zeroes with Paz and Chico. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've actually tried tranqing them?

Did Kojima say somewhere that your companions can get killed? Or am I just juxtaposing that thought on to when he said you can go through the game without actually acquiring them.

No one can forget Dirty Duck.

>_>

Except Kojima, right?

How about the Arnolds?

Vally

Did Kojima say somewhere that your companions can get killed? Or am I just juxtaposing that thought on to when he said you can go through the game without actually acquiring them.

Yes they can get killed, he confirmed it in a Dengeki interview
https://twitter.com/JunkerHQnet/status/513884891101278208
Q: Really? They die for real?! So in that stage demo, if Quiet had died, she'd be gone from the rest of the game?
Kojima: That's correct.

Vally

Hmm... the bandages on face, them being all buddy buddy when he takes Big Boss to Zeke...
ISHMAEL IS SKULLFACE CONFIRMED

I've always thought this must be a character model swap or something. Like in the final game it will be Miller or someone else instead of Skullface, but Kojima put Skullface in the trailer just to fuck with us.

I can't find it now but I think there was an interview from last year where Kojima talked about "the importance of misleading people" in the trailers and such.

Mexen

So Skullface, as we see him, is possibly a figment of Boss's imagination. Maybe Skullface isn't real.

#FightClub #MrBrooks etc

Here's a post on buddies dying.

Originally posted by VG247.com

Buddies are entirely optional in gameplay, and
you can even avoid meeting them altogether –
but they open subplots if you do track them
down. The buddies can also die – including the
dog and horse.
This won’t affect the main plot of
the game, so you won’t get a game over screen,
but is permanent.

Rajang

I've always thought this must be a character model swap or something. Like in the final game it will be Miller or someone else instead of Skullface, but Kojima put Skullface in the trailer just to fuck with us.

I can't find it now but I think there was an interview from last year where Kojima talked about "the importance of misleading people" in the trailers and such.

So Skullface, as we see him, is possibly a figment of Boss's imagination. Maybe Skullface isn't real.

#FightClub #MrBrooks etc

Here's a post on buddies dying.

Yeah, I posted something about this as well.

Skull face seems to quote Big Boss' exact lines in a couple of tapes. In one tape where he tortures a POW, he literally quotes Big Boss saying: "Nothing to be ashamed of, pain gets the better of us all." The exact words Big Boss said to Chico during Peace Walker.

Skull Face also uses another Big Boss quote when he is torturing Chico. He says: "Chico, growing up means choosing how you're going to live your life." This is exactly the same line Big Boss says during Peace Walker when he meets Chico for the first time.

Skull Face and Big Boss are obviously connected somehow. What's also strange is that in every Metal Gear game the first character shot you see is that of Snake. Look at all the intro's of MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, MGS PW. Snake is always the first character that's introduced on screen. But in Ground Zeroes the first character that we see is Skull Face.

Another weird moment is when Big Boss rescues Chico from his cell, Chico is scared of him. "No, go away". And seems to panic. But this can also mean that Chico realises Snake fell into the trap that Skull Face set for him.

You can kill Chico and Paz with a single shot to the head (what do you mean you haven't tried?!)
So the idea of invulnerable characters seems out of place, you might get a game over / time paradox screen with some of them, but we've been told that's not the case with buddies. Supernatural buddies might be harder to kill of course.

Mexen

Yeah, I posted something about this as well.

Skull face seems to quote Big Boss' exact lines in a couple of tapes. In one tape where he tortures a POW, he literally quotes Big Boss saying: "Nothing to be ashamed of, pain gets the better of us all." The exact words Big Boss said to Chico during Peace Walker.

Skull Face also uses another Big Boss quote when he is torturing Chico. He says: "Chico, growing up means choosing how you're going to live your life." This is exactly the same line Big Boss says during Peace Walker when he meets Chico for the first time.

Skull Face and Big Boss are obviously connected somehow. What's also strange is that in every Metal Gear game the first character shot you see is that of Snake. Look at all the intro's of MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, MGS PW. Snake is always the first character that's introduced on screen. But in Ground Zeroes the first character that we see is Skull Face.

Another weird moment is when Big Boss rescues Chico from his cell, Chico is scared of him. "No, go away". And seems to panic. But this can also mean that Chico realises Snake fell into the trap that Skull Face set for him.

Whoa, Rajang. That's a thought provocative observation. I like it.
This makes me really want to play GZ and fire up PW again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom