• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sketchy rumour about Shenmue III.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

no way in hell, especially with this current sega. They don't even have interest in releasing the first two in any form to even gauge real interest in a third.

Always thought it was funny that the dreamcast collection never included bigger name games when it came out. No Shenmue or Skies of Arcadia. But we got Sega Bass.

I love Shenmue as much as the next person, but why bother when we have the infinitely superior Yakuza?

Perhaps Sony/Sega should focus on making that available worldwide on the say day as Japan rather than making people wait and wait and wait...

At this point I wish someone would make Shenmue 3 just so it could get terrible reviews, bomb at retail, and we can finally be spared the endless "hey guys what about Shenmue 3" threads.

Nyoro SF

Always thought it was funny that the dreamcast collection never included bigger name games when it came out. No Shenmue or Skies of Arcadia. But we got Sega Bass.

Shenmue and Skies were likely in production, but when SEGA did the mass-canceling of their console titles in 2012 it was thrown into the bin.

Vagabond.

Neo Member
Came across this earlier. Could be nothing but thought it might be worth keeping an eye on.

http://gamestalk.net/shenmue/

http://i0.wp.com/gamestalk.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/shenmue_150519-1.jpg

This is tenous at best, but if it's genuine then I am very interested.

I made those pics just as a joke and posted them here on gaf. writing THEY WERE FAKE (E3 thread, page 89).

I also made this today, just to stop all the news spreading around the internet:

sorry57xou.gif

Zedox

I hate the soul that made this a joke. THE SOUL! I luckily didn't read into it but everytime I see Shenmue 3, it hurts. Somebody has to make this right...before I leave this EARF! :)

IrishNinja

i'm going to have to find some yu suzuki video and do one of those "___ was a mistake. It's nothing but trash." gifs for shenmue

no

There's not really anyone out there that thinks there will ever been a Shenmue 3, right?

yes

You know E3 is near when the thirst Shenmue comes out.

it's a proud tradition!

I once tweeted the word Shenmue (in the context of seeing Yu Suzuki talk up Shenmue Online in an old episode of Gamecenter CX) and like seven Shenmue twitter bots favorited it.

It's time to let go, guys.

only 7? gonna go make some more, brb

Didn't Shenmue just become Yakuza at some point?

not at all, both fantastic series for very different reasons bruh

Maligna

Banned
I made those pics just as a joke and posted them here on gaf. writing THEY WERE FAKE (E3 thread, page 89).

I also made this today, just to stop all the news spreading around the internet:

sorry57xou.gif

That's hilarious, but I gotta ask. Why put Square-Enix on the slides? Doesn't that make it seem even less credible?

Ramenman

Unless it can be definitely proved as fake, it could very well be real. I will take the position of cautious optimist for now.

yeah I mean just because the very origin of those images is a neogaf post of the creator of those images saying they are fake, doesn't mean that they're fake.

And the fact that he insists so at the top of this page, is subject to interpretation.

amnesiac

Would love to play the first two someday since I never got a chance. A remaster would be excellent but it's not happening.

Vagabond.

Neo Member
That's hilarious, but I gotta ask. Why put Square-Enix on the slides? Doesn't that make it seem even less credible?

maybe as a publisher. honestly I don't know, I just thought "why not?".
same thing with the steam logo and the absence of the xbox... just random stuff to make the fake leak more interesting I guess.

flozuki

I love Shenmue as much as the next person, but why bother when we have the infinitely superior Yakuza?

Perhaps Sony/Sega should focus on making that available worldwide on the say day as Japan rather than making people wait and wait and wait...

Lol, why even release games after GTA V and Ocarina of Time... Seriously ...

Yakuza is nice, but it doesn't even come close to Shenmue in a lot of aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom