• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sketchy rumour about Shenmue III.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrell

I once tweeted the word Shenmue (in the context of seeing Yu Suzuki talk up Shenmue Online in an old episode of Gamecenter CX) and like seven Shenmue twitter bots favorited it.

It's time to let go, guys.
It should be, but I'm sure that Shenmue will still be brought up at every opportunity, especially at E3, even when we're in our 60s and Yu Suzuki has LONG since passed.

In fact, when they reach that age, talking about Shenmue 3 will probably be the only way Shenmue fans are able to get an erection.

Muffdraul

LOL that was literally made by a gaffer as a joke.

image.php

Foffy

Banned
If this were to happen, this would be a megaton announcement due to the long-awaited fan demand.

I have a hard time buying it being so, because Shenmue almost seems totally fatal in the AAA space. Wasn't one of the reasons the series vanished was because both games were financial failures? Unless it's being Kickstarted, I don't see how it can happen.

K-keep on hoping. :3c

sublimit

Banned
All of you Shenmue fans better buy Yakuza 5 when it comes here because that will probably be the closest you'll ever get when it comes to playing a Shenmue game.

Ah so confirmed fake then. :( Originating from NeoGAF no less. Well Vagabond you made waves across the Internet. I mean Christ even Eurogamer and IGN reported this. Quite the achievement. Though everything about the images shouted "fake" quite loud in my mind I have such an emotionally resonant connection to the series (both the vivid, dreamlike first game and cinematic and action orientated second) I was so adamant to believe that this potentially be true. I just want to see the game released and the story conclude.

Just an FYI everyone Yu Suzuki said that if Shenmue 3 ever happens that's it. He'd compress the remaining chapters in to just one game. So it would finish the story.

IrishNinja

^nah

All of you Shenmue fans better buy Yakuza 5 when it comes here because that will probably be the closest you'll ever get when it comes to playing a Shenmue game.

much as i wanna see support for Y5 (especially in hopes of getting Zero localized too!), i wish some of ya'll would stop conflating these series & giving people they have more in common than they do

IrishNinja

That tells you how risk averse they are.

*sigh* no denying that. yakuza 5 clearly only happened cause of sony, and that's probably true for any future entries as well.

if i'm being honest, that's about the only way Shenmue'd happen either. Even a proper kickstarter (which, as you said, doesn't really work for simply risk-averse corporations) would only be a part of the funding, a la the current Igavania one.

Why would both SEGA AND Square-Enix be on this?

SEGA and SONY I could understand, but why Square? They literally have nothing to do with Shenmue... unless I missed something.

EDIT: Wow I'm dumb. Didn't even notice this was made well before the E3 megaton. MY BAD!

Threads really need the creation date to be put right under the thread title or something... might cut down on the necrobumps.

It's not ever going to happen.

This is why making bold statements without knowing the facts is a bad idea.

There's not really anyone out there that thinks there will ever been a Shenmue 3, right?

I believe and we the Shenmue fans have been proven right.

Nothing at all, can you say the same?

Shenmue fans honestly need help.

The delusion is too damn high.

It's called having faith that the devs will do the right thing and they did.

Shenmue fans are just the worst.

The haters are much worse and wrong.

no way in hell, especially with this current sega. They don't even have interest in releasing the first two in any form to even gauge real interest in a third.

Thankfully SEGA gave Yu Suzuki the rights to future Shenmue games, meaning we're not at the mercy of their executives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom