• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiggy

People all excited for a big Warner Bros. exclusive until they realise it's a Scooby Doo game, or Harry Potter for Morpheus.

A sequel to this in first person!

Harry_Potter_-_Quidditch_World_Cup_Coverart.png

Yea, it makes sense. If KH3 wasn't announced for XB1 I would say no but with it coming and if they do a PS4 complete collection port is just makes a lot of sense.

You're looking at it as sales for XB0 version in a vacuum though. The localization work has already been done and really those costs have been recouped already. The question is how much would it really cost to make a XBO port while doing a PS4 port and since from what i've heard its much easier to do ports between the systems compared to PS3/360 I would imagine not much. Square would (or should) be looking at it as more of a promotion thing to get people ready for KH3 and increase those sales for XBO, especially for those on that system who may not have had a chance to play those games or missed some of them. It all just makes sense with KH3 coming to XBO. Now does KH3 coming to XBO make sense overall to me? I really don't know, i'm leaning no. But if Square is doing it then yes it makes sense from a business perspective to do a quick easy port of a KH collection to the system.

Plus MS might grease some hands just give XBO something else to promote in Japan.

Have you heard anything about a PS4 KH HD collection? Nod once for yes, twice for no.

People are dreaming if they think KH collection is coming to
X1. I will also not be shocked if KH3 is cancelled for the X1

Fracas

#fuckonami
Y'all think we'll see Agent?

I think we'll see Agent. Or whatever it morphed into. I'm pretty sure we'll see a lot of third party exclusives in general.

Is this KH3 being cancelled for Xbox One have any backing or is it just people's wishful thinking?

Nah, it is speculation about the penny pinching practices of modern Square-Enix. They made the multiplatform decision at a time when they thought things would look more favorable to the XB1. And in light of how laughably poor the XB1 SKU did on Final Fantasy Type 0, people see that as a way Square might try to cut costs on what must be a very pricey venture.

...I think they will still do XB1 versions because if it was planned from the start then the cost to port wouldn't be too bad, but any new project (like an HD collection) would be far less likely, but possible.

Verendus

Banned
What happened to all these games "hinted" by Verendus?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144519589&postcount=178

Where's the Sly Cooper game, Sony JRPGs or new Sony mascot brawler he said were coming or hinted at 2 years ago?

The FF7 remake?

That KH PS4 game that wasn't KH3?

The exclusives from Sega, Capcom and Warner Bros?

We've been teased for a long time now.
You know, if you can find these posts, why can't you find the others related to them?

I've already gave you a timeline on FF7. Where is that game that I've already told you isn't coming until SE are done with FFXV and FFXVI? The Capcom exclusive already came, it's called Street Fighter V. I told you that game was in development in 2013, you know, when Ono was saying they have funding problems (which should have been a dead giveaway, but hey, money does appear magically). The KH game that wasn't KH3 was a PS4 remaster, and it didn't happen (well, it's going to happen and doesn't take a genius to figure that out, but obviously not in 2014).

Sega is up this year with one title as it stands, which I've already said. Warner Bros. will be soon-ish. Sly, we kind of have a movie, and some other issues. Use your own brain here as to when you can kind of expect some information for that. I told you about this game before the PS4 even launched, and part of the reason why I did was because of the alternative media push happening with IP, including Sly. JRPGs, already answered too many times.

As for the linked post, that's from six months ago, and it says right there it's for titles being announced through 2015/2016. One of them's come and gone.

Games aren't made overnight. Who'd have thought? Clearly, not Sony, since we've only had to delay about a dozen.

I think that would be included in a theoretical Kingdom Hearts collection
I'm thinking of all the ways that Square could milk this baby for all it's worth :p

1.5 Collection + 2.5 Collection + 3D HD + Final Overarching PS4 HD Collection = Profit
And the screams of the wallets of fans

Capella

Yes. Because ignoring 12 million console owners is a great financial decision.
I doubt KH3 will get cancelled on the Xbox One but plenty of JRPG developers have ignored the Xbox One including Square Enix (Star Ocean). I don't think the number of consoles owners matter if the games sell like Type-0 did.

jayu26

There are a lot of new posts from today in this thread. I scanned through them, but could not find anything important. I saw people paying for leaks, which seems to have amounted to nothing. Is there anything I should know? A quick recap perhaps?

On Demand

Banned
Yes. Because ignoring 12 million console owners is a great financial decision.

Well 360 had a big sales lead in the U.S. and FF13 still sold more on PS3. Even with MS marketing the game. WW the sales spilt was even more in PS3's favor. PS4 leads everywhere now so you can imagine JRPG's being almost non existent on XB1 sales wise.

Ishida

Banned
Hey Verendus!

Can you say anything about what you currently know of FFXVI? I remember you mentioning that it may be a return to medieval times. How is it going? Is it still on super early development stages (Design, concept arts and stuff) or has any work actually began on it?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Gamespot's most anticipated games for E3 2015

Fallout 4
Halo 5: Guardians
Star Wars Battlefront
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Kingdom Hearts III
Guitar Hero Live
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Street Fighter V
Persona 5
Tom Clancy's The Division
No Man's Sky
Mirror's Edge
Doom
Mario Maker
Rock Band 4
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Star Fox Wii U
Untitled Mass Effect
The Last Guardian

I'm now a fan of Gamespot.

What, no Deus Ex?

stryke

That's it. I'd like to see some more about that game, because unless I missed it we haven't heard anything since it was revealed, no?

It went through a close alpha test late last year. Also, not an indie title, it's published by Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom