• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Scalebound at E3 and yet a new Platinum game will be revealed? Microsoft must like the progress on Scalebound so much that they already decided to go ahead and lock up another Platinum exclusive! HYYYYYPE.

Believe in Phil Spencer, yo.

Well, at least we can count on the tried and true formula of Halo, Gears, Fable and Forza (plus Tomb Raider, Gigantic and Minecraft) at E3!

FelipeMGM

This mind sound off but
Looks like Microsoft is all about Windows/PC, because they mentioned only in the last paragraph that no Scalebound, QB and Crackdown at E3, but they mention Windows 10 NINE times on the article.

delSai

MS must have some good surprises for E3. Didn't they say they will have as much content at Gamescom as at E3? Now im starting to believe that with so much skipping E3.

jayu26

Well for Crackdown it doesn't matter even if it skips both E3 and Gamescom. That think is not happening before 2017. Scalebound, on the other hand, I'm starting to wonder if it will slip to 2016.

ekim

Well that leaves:
- Tomb Raider
- Halo 5
- Forza 6
- Gears Remaster and new Gears
- Windows 10
- Below
- Indies
- 3rd party stuff

Well that leaves:
- Tomb Raider
- Halo 5
- Forza 6
- Windows 10
- Below
- Indies
- 3rd party stuff

Rare's new game or games
that strategy game in development
Fable Legends

Just that it seemed far along enough to show properly.

Probably a strategic decision to have some strong line up for gamescom (use the chance while Sony is skipping)

Well that leaves:
- Tomb Raider
- Halo 5
- Forza 6
- Windows 10
- Below
- Indies
- 3rd party stuff

Is the below your talking about the game or something else? Im pretty sure thats an indie game. MS isnt publishing it no more iirc.

DNAbro

Is that "greatest games lineup in Xbox console history" still in effect? Or does that move to Gamescom now? Scalebound was the one title I was most interested to see at their conference..

Scalebound being moved to Gamescom suggests to me its on for that Spring date ntkrnl said. Kamiya mentioned how well/fast it was coming along a while ago, I can see why for their line-up in early 2016 (Quantum Break, Scalebound) they wouldn't want to show two show/make two separate demos for both events given they are so close, makes me wonder about Crackdown as well too, had that pegged as a late 16 title (against what ntkrnl said)

Although I'm a bit disappointed they didn't bother to make new trailers for them, but oh well.

No idea whats in the show now though

No Scalebound at E3 and yet a new Platinum game will be revealed? Microsoft must like the progress on Scalebound so much that they already decided to go ahead and lock up another Platinum exclusive! HYYYYYPE.

Believe in Phil Spencer, yo.

The new Platnium game is being debuted on the YouTube pre-E3 stream, so it's sounding like a multi-platform release.

Bousf

I think Microsoft can still survive without those two, but their chances at "winning" E3 may be slim now......unless they have a new IP and it turns out to be freaking awesome. I must admit this gives their event a twinge of mystery, I am now looking forward to see what they do.

Euron

Didn't someone say that it was coming along nicely and might release sooner than people think.
ntkrnl said it was a March 2016 game and that was January 2014.

I do believe that Crackdown will miss 2016 but Gears 4 will release by November of that year.

FelipeMGM

For me Scalebound could be the highlight of the conference because its probably such a visual game based on Platinum record. I think its a weird move, but Microsoft probably knows better

Kayant

Just that it seemed far along enough to show properly.

Ah I see thanks for the info. This strategy is interesting though given I thought these titles were going to make up their push for "first-part content" being front and centre at E3. Should be interesting to see how and if Phil can live up to that claim.

So, is Phantom Dust straight up dead now? No one seem to be mentioning it as a potential announcement and MS listed their other CG trailer games. I thought it was just getting a new dev or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom