• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenchir

Ultros server peeps. We will be doing a FC picture gathering in an hour. We are trying to find a good spot right now.

edit: We starting around 6am PST.

plake

Ultros server peeps. We will be doing a FC picture gathering in an hour. We are trying to find a good spot right now.

Why not do one when HW is out and everyone is on? I know myself and the other EU peeps have logged off since it's night time now. :l

BadRNG

Sorry, reposting for a new page...

Can someone help this new player with a few questions? I read the OP but I don't quite understand these points:

1.) I am playing the free trial on Steam. I ordered the $10 PC version from Amazon. The OP says these are different, so what happens when I use the code, and how does this affect me if I want the expansion eventually?

2.) I am level 16 and now have access to the other two cities. There are tons of LVL 1 quests here. Am I supposed to leave these for leveling other classes and just go for the quests that are my level? My urge is to just do everything but I want to know if it will make it harder if I want to diversify.

3.) OP says consensus is to max level your main class before looking at side classes like crafting etc. Can I get a link or explanation as to why this is?
1.) Does the free trial require you to create a full service account on mogstation? There's a difference between a steam and a non-steam PC account from what I understand. If the free trial doesn't require you to create a service account you should be able to register the Amazon code and download the non-steam client, and continue playing where you left off. If it's a steam account though the Amazon code probably won't work. As for the expansion, you will need to buy the expansion version for your account type. Steam only from Steam, pretty much every other online retailer will be doing the non-steam version.

2.) The exp is low enough that they aren't really worth doing at your level, but it's not really a big deal if you do them either. Leveling second classes is rather fast (you get 50% extra exp, and starting in 3.0 it will be 100%), especially at low levels, so whether you do the quests or not matters little.

3.) Personally I wouldn't say you must go as far as max level, but there are a few important points to note: completing the level 20 story quests unlocks chocobo mount which makes getting around so much easier, level 30 unlocks chocobo to fight with you which can speed up leveling other battle classes, and most leve quests later on require you to complete a quest at that level before they are available (i.e you must complete a battle quest at 30 to unlock all other level 30 leves). Leve quests are the most efficient way to level both gathering and crafting, so having a battle class past those points to have things unlocked helps.

With all that in mind it's mostly just personal preference. Quite a few people focus on crafting or gathering while leveling. The main thing to note is that it can be expensive early on when you don't have much gil to work with, and that crafting your own gear while leveling is not worth it since quests will keep your first class perfectly geared. Many materials you use early on in crafting, up till like the 30s, can be bought from vendors at end game as well to save more time. But if you enjoy those systems no harm in playing around with it.

I'm not sure what all the OP says but I'll note that you will need to level at least one other class to 15 in order to unlock your job at 30, the class needed depends on the job.

tenchir

Why not do one when HW is out and everyone is on? I know myself and the other EU peeps have logged off since it's night time now. :l

It was a spontaneous thing since so many people were on and I guess they wanted to celebrate the ending of 2.0 before the server shuts down for maintenance.

edit: We starting around 6:00pm PST.

1.) Does the free trial require you to create a full service account on mogstation? There's a difference between a steam and a non-steam PC account from what I understand. If the free trial doesn't require you to create a service account you should be able to register the Amazon code and download the non-steam client, and continue playing where you left off. .

No, I didn't have to put in any payment info or anything, so I should be free and clear. Thank you very much for the answers, it really helped!

suzu

OP says consensus is to max level your main class before looking at side classes like crafting etc. Can I get a link or explanation as to why this is?

Personally I wouldn't say you must go as far as max level, but there are a few important points to note: completing the level 20 story quests unlocks chocobo mount which makes getting around so much easier, level 30 unlocks chocobo to fight with you which can speed up leveling other battle classes, and most leve quests later on require you to complete a quest at that level before they are available (i.e you must complete a battle quest at 30 to unlock all other level 30 leves). Leve quests are the most efficient way to level both gathering and crafting, so having a battle class past those points to have things unlocked helps.

With all that in mind it's mostly just personal preference. Quite a few people focus on crafting or gathering while leveling. The main thing to note is that it can be expensive early on when you don't have much gil to work with, and that crafting your own gear while leveling is not worth it since quests will keep your first class perfectly geared. Many materials you use early on in crafting, up till like the 30s, can be bought from vendors at end game as well to save more time. But if you enjoy those systems no harm in playing around with it.

I'm not sure what all the OP says but I'll note that you will need to level at least one other class to 15 in order to unlock your job at 30, the class needed depends on the job.

Basically you've hit all the right points! I'm going to link to this post in the OP FAQ. Thanks.

kierwynn

Yeah it was a last minute thing since people were asking about it. Tried to do it asap after it came up, but we still had to give people a warning. We can try to do something after the expansion hits, too.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Best one I could get

4e5b4dab60.png

hythloday

No, I didn't have to put in any payment info or anything, so I should be free and clear. Thank you very much for the answers, it really helped!

Double check that by logging into your account at the Mogstation. I never entered payment info for the Steam trial, but I still had to create a FFXIV account with Square Enix. When I logged into the Mogstation my FFXIV account was clearly labeled "Steam." A PC code will not work with the Steam free trial.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Where is the 10 post Heavensward OT?

How can I get hooked back into the game without someone blowing its launch out of proportion!?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Can someone help this new player with a few questions? I read the OP but I don't quite understand these points:

1.) I am playing the free trial on Steam. I ordered the $10 PC version from Amazon. The OP says these are different, so what happens when I use the code, and how does this affect me if I want the expansion eventually?

2.) I am level 16 and now have access to the other two cities. There are tons of LVL 1 quests here. Am I supposed to leave these for leveling other classes and just go for the quests that are my level? My urge is to just do everything but I want to know if it will make it harder if I want to diversify.

3.) OP says consensus is to max level your main class before looking at side classes like crafting etc. Can I get a link or explanation as to why this is?
1. I think you might be screwed. Try to register the code, but I think by playing the Steam trial you're already locked to the Steam version and if you want to upgrade to the full version you'll need to either purchase the Steam client or make a new account to register the code you get from Amazon. This will also apply to any future expansions, if your base game is registered on Steam you'll need to purchase future expansions on Steam while if your using the vanilla client you cannot purchase expansions on Steam. The only perk you get from buying the Steam version is the ability to pay for your sub using Steam Wallet.

2. There's a shitload of throwaway quests, I wouldn't worry about completing every one them. Focus on your main, use the quests on alts.

3. You unlock stuff as you progress in the story. Things like a chocobo at lv 15 and the ability for your chocobo to fight at lv 30 or the ability to purchase tome gear at lv 50. Focus on your main and it'll be easier to gear up your alts and easier to lv them thanks to bonus exp.

Kouriozan

Going to wake up earlier than I use to for the final moments before the 24 hours maintenance(which start at 11 AM CEST I think)
Really can't wait for more story quests.

Oh it seems the Selene Esuna is aoe, which changes quite a lot. Thought it'd be kinda weak as a single Esuna since well you're trading the healing of the fairy for the Esuna, rather than your healing/DPSing for it which is an ok trade but not great, however as an aoe, it makes it quite valuable.

Dissipation is apparently 20%increased healing, not 50%. Lasts 30secs, 180secs cooldown, gives a full stack of aether, definitely don't feel it's worth it at all unless you really need the aether to spam lustrate or some such.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh it seems the Selene Esuna is aoe, which changes quite a lot. Thought it'd be kinda weak as a single Esuna since well you're trading the healing of the fairy for the Esuna, rather than your healing/DPSing for it which is an ok trade but not great, however as an aoe, it makes it quite valuable.

Dissipation is apparently 20%increased healing, not 50%. Lasts 30secs, 180secs cooldown, gives a full stack of aether, definitely don't feel it's worth it at all unless you really need the aether to spam lustrate or some such.

I see dissipation being great in crazy situations. Dont forget that we get a new aoe that uses ather too

Frumix

Suffering From Success
For those of us who are planning to become Au Ra upon first login, I'd like to point out that despite Community Rep stating that you can use Au Ra from the early access, patch notes for 3.0 mention that you need Heavensward service account in order to do so. What this could mean is that EA access doesn't grant you the ability to change since if you apply EA but let it expire on 27th, you'll still be able to use ARR content, but what if you've fantasia'd by then? Would it lock your character until you apply full HW code then? It's not really such a big deal since you'll be able to apply full HW code starting 19th as well, the question is the timing of it all.

Oh and don't forget to disrobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom