• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

jo36Lmz.gif

Droplet

Vote: Lone_Prodigy

It seems really bizarre that following all the discussion we had that you would still choose to vote for Neuromancer, especially since you're essentially retreading the same ground we went over before. I'd maybe understand it if you had something new to say or at least said you weren't going to buy it, but just voting for him with the reasoning many of us agreed seemed like newbie-logic seems really strange to me.

Anyway, since this will be my last post for the night I'll leave with an update on votes:
Neuromancer (1)
Matt Attack
Flame_AC
Sorian

Tucah (0)
Lord of Castamere

Blargonaut (3)
Droplet
ultron87
OceanicAir (kind of, since he didn't include Vote: )
Matt Attack

Lord of Castamere (0)
Never Forever

Fireblend (0)
Sorian

Droplet (1)
Darryl

Darryl (0)
Sorian

RetroMG (1)
Sorian

Lone_Prodigy (1)
Droplet

No Lynch (0)
Neuromancer
Good night guys.

I got a temporary item today offering me 5 abilities. It expires after the night phase and passes to another player. An example of an ability is blocking a night eviction, although the abilities get truly insane. I don't wanna spoil it. Seems pretty safe to say this publicly since it's not gonna be in my possession anymore and all future obtainees will know I'm town.

I hope everyone who gets this item in the future uses it responsibly and never ever for a minute thinks to use it against me (plz).

I can't wait until the Soul Cube is mine

RetroMG

You just sound too good to be true. Everything you've said has lined up a little too well. In truth you're my wild card solt. My #3 batshit insane pick.
---
Vote: Retromg

Almost everything you've posted so far has been fluff. You've been the worst type of inactive. The lurking, kinda here, but not, type. Treat this as a gentle prod to hear some actual thoughts.

Yeah, can't say I didn't see this coming. You're right, my posts have been fluffy. I've been a little lost in this game so far, and spending my time trying to keep notes on what everyone else is saying. My posts will be meatier going forward, starting with this one.

TBH, I've been playing the waiting game. We definitely need to evict someone today, but I don't feel good about any of the options yet.

Here are my thoughts so far:

- A bunch of people are on Neuromancer, but I don't know that I agree with that move. I don't see anything to condemn him, although I don't see anything too redeeming, either.

- I thought it was interesting that Sorian was pointing so many fingers, so I tried to nicely point one back at him. Honestly, Sorian is exactly how I would play if I were mafia, keeping pressure on others and coming across as someone who really wants to root out the mafia. That being said, I'm satisfied for the moment with Sorian's response.

- I don't agree with killing Blarg, but that might just be because I find Blarg's antics amusing, and I'd hate to ruin it on day one. He could be Mafia, or he could not... How would I even start to unravel that mystery?

- Droplet's early push was interesting, but the fact that she was trying to prove Castamere's innocence rather than convict him kind of puts a wrinkle in any mafia theory, unless we assume Castamere is mafia too. But it's too early to be looking for teams. I was afraid her thing about cultists would get people coming after me, (since I suggested cultists,) but realized that post was made well before role PMs went out, so there is no way I could have known.

End result: Day 1 is hard. I've never actually played Day 1 in a mafia game before - I was a replacement last season and came in on day 5, when one of the mafia was gone and we had something of a direction.
We need to evict, and if we do, I guess Neuromancer is as good a target as any, but I'm keeping my eyes open a while longer to see what falls out.

RetroMG

Oh, and Darryl's "special item" is super weird. I'm not saying that he's lying, but I have a hard time believing that something like that is actually in play, or that he would actually tell us about it if it were.

I actually like Darryl's claim of that item. If everything he says is true, I don't see how it plays into the Cult's hands. He doesn't keep it, so they can't guarantee a role kill. He was cagey about its contents, so they'll be hesitant to falsely claim it. If the next recipient reveals a little more about it, both he and Darryl will be able to trust each other. That is, of course, as long as he's certain it will stay with the Tourists.

So, Darryl, are you certain it will stay with the Tourists? How so?

RetroMG

I just re-read that last post and it read as, "I'm not saying that Darryl is lying, but he's totally lying." That's not what I wanted to say at all. It is entirely possible that Darryl is telling the truth, but I advise caution.

Tucah

you speak so well
Darryl's claim of an item is an interesting development and that's something that's a neat little wrinkle should it prove to be true.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member

Never seen this image used so well before. looool.

I got a temporary item today offering me 5 abilities. It expires after the night phase and passes to another player. An example of an ability is blocking a night eviction, although the abilities get truly insane. I don't wanna spoil it. Seems pretty safe to say this publicly since it's not gonna be in my possession anymore and all future obtainees will know I'm town.

I hope everyone who gets this item in the future uses it responsibly and never ever for a minute thinks to use it against me (plz).

If this holds up true then... That's very good! If you're playing us however... You will be my first vote.

Why would Darryl lie about this? Presumably it's a item, so this doesn't even prove he's town. I mean if I got this as a Cultist/Neutral, and knew a town would get it next day phase, I'd probably reveal for brownie points too.

Darryl

Banned
I actually like Darryl's claim of that item. If everything he says is true, I don't see how it plays into the Cult's hands. He doesn't keep it, so they can't guarantee a role kill. He was cagey about its contents, so they'll be hesitant to falsely claim it. If the next recipient reveals a little more about it, both he and Darryl will be able to trust each other. That is, of course, as long as he's certain it will stay with the Tourists.

So, Darryl, are you certain it will stay with the Tourists? How so?

It's possible to spontaneously kill yourself using it. That's a part that makes me think only town would get it. But who knows, it is pure chaos at its heart. It doesn't directly say only town gets it. I know that I don't get to pick who gets it next.

Hmm. The way you describe it, I'm not so sure it's Tourist-only. Possible, probable even, but that's a dangerous assumption to make. Still, I'm glad you brought it up. It's important to know that something like that is in play, and I still don't think that knowledge helps the Cultists.

I was debating how long to sit on this one, but might as well strike while the iron's hot.

It's a chance you have to take then and makes the situation more... Interesting.

What the heck, that avatar switching got me messed up until I read Droplet's post.

So if you wanna group together then pick someone with a low post count in this thread and go at it.

So are we lynching an inactive person or we going for a vote on who messes with us the most?

That's fair then. Not that I'm particularly eager to get someone killed as of right now, but it's gonna happen. Although I'm not too fond of pointing figures just yet.

Never seen this image used so well before. looool.

If this holds up true then... That's very good! If you're playing us however... You will be my first vote.

dat filler tho

VOTE: GreatCharleston

I just realized that I never properly introduced myself. My apologies.

I was apprenticed to the chef, one of the children employed in the galley. She drowned to death in front of me, lost, I...

...before you all rescued me in the corridor, I had grabbed a parcel of beef from the vessel's pantry. The card on the paper wrapping says, 'Mishima'. The marbling of fat is exquisite and quite thorough.

However, in the confusion of our escape's aftermath, I left the meat outside the cool shade of my tent, and it spoiled in the sun. I had intended to hand it to the steward as a gift of gratitude for saving me, but the rot, his recent death and my culinary ineptitude have rendered me triply incapable of doing so. I wasn't trained enough to be able to prepare a dish out of them before full expiry.

Honestly, I'm heartbroken; it's the final reminder of my past I have left, and now the cuts are no longer fit for human consumption. I'll have to feed them to my beagles now, but, I can answer any questions you may have regarding this once-delicate beef, to the best of my ability.

What would you like to know?

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I got my first vote? I'm... I'm truly honoured.

LUiGKxS.png

If that's how you wanna go then fine by me. But I have very little to add right now, I don't suspect anyone and I suppose my short posts do come across as suspicious but I don't have a lot to add to discussion. Right now it's only been about 6~8 of us truly going at it out of the full 23, I'm just trying to keep active and have a presence regardless of how much I input, you know?

I got my first vote? I'm... I'm truly honoured.

LUiGKxS.png

If that's how you wanna go then fine by me. But I have very little to add right now, I don't suspect anyone and I suppose my short posts do come across as suspicious but I don't have a lot to add to discussion. Right now it's only been about 6~8 of us truly going at it out of the full 23, I'm just trying to keep active and have a presence regardless of how much I input, you know?

Input for input's sake is a poor way to help town. There's still three days to go for you to convince me, but for now the vote stays.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Input for input's sake is a poor way to help town. There's still three days to go for you to convince me, but for now the vote stays.

I think this island is getting to you already. I believe it's better than being quiet and keeping a low profile watching whether one is town or not. I understand your concerns though.

Droplet

Vote: Lone_Prodigy

It seems really bizarre that following all the discussion we had that you would still choose to vote for Neuromancer, especially since you're essentially retreading the same ground we went over before. I'd maybe understand it if you had something new to say or at least said you weren't going to buy it, but just voting for him with the reasoning many of us agreed seemed like newbie-logic seems really strange to me.

Anyway, since this will be my last post for the night I'll leave with an update on votes:

Good night guys.

Oops, I said it was going to be my last post (and I was just going to finally sleep!) but I realized I forgot to put in Lone_Prodigy's vote for Neuromancer, which is pretty stupid considering it was part of my own argument for voting for him.

I think these are helpful, but if people want them (and I imagine Zatoth will do them with some frequency) then someone less scatterbrained might consider taking it up.

Zatoth

Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm aware of the game. Was on a road trip and have some grad school things to do in the morning but I'll give a full post tomorrow though. Not a huge fan of a day 1 lynch (loved it as mafia in the last game). As of right now though I'll vote Blarg for Blarging it up. While amusing it is not at all helpful to town. I mean you guys saw what he did as a faction cop right? Pictures of straws and a declaration of being mafia aligned when there was really no headway in his direction (loved this too as a mafia). I'm also monitoring someone else... but anyway

Blargonaut

Please use Vote: Zatoth for your votes. I will not count them otherwise.

-----------------------------
PSA:
Day 1 of the Star Wars Mafia game could be helpful to get an idea of what to expect, especially for new players. I recommend you check it out.

It started here.

Sorian

Banned
Just woke up and saw some things I wanted to address on. This will probably be a bunch of small posts as opposed to one big one.

Also, such critical thinking Sorian. You know this claim of mine can easily be verified very quickly since as I said, it will be passed to another player. Reactionary "just looking for a reason to evict people" is not pro-town. You and Droplet have easily emerged as top Cultist candidates imo.

Say what you will. I wasn't really going for critical thinking so much as I was tired and going to bed and you threw in this large curveball that I had to think about. With that being said, other people have already brought up what I was thinking. Your claim is easily verifiable, but only if the next person wants to reveal they got the power prize pack. You've listed 2 out of the 5 powers and both do seem to be very pro-tourist. At the end of the day, this power that you've told us about will probably lead to some great discussion once we are a few days in but for now is mostly a useless topic. I do think you are tourist though and I think I know the long game you are trying to play by revealing that this power is in play.

nin1000

Banned
i hope you will make good use of those powers daryll. I dont know what to think about that early reveal of the power. For one it raises a big red flag, making you a target , on the other hand the item will be passed on to another player which is a good thing.

Please Time Cube responsibly. I'm trying to set an example here god forbid.

Can we just vote Capitan to walk the plank? He's barely said a word since his crummy tub got us stuck on this forsaken island in the first place and I want my turn touching the Thanos Tube.

Sorian

Banned
- I thought it was interesting that Sorian was pointing so many fingers, so I tried to nicely point one back at him. Honestly, Sorian is exactly how I would play if I were mafia, keeping pressure on others and coming across as someone who really wants to root out the mafia. That being said, I'm satisfied for the moment with Sorian's response.

**Author's note: Something important came up while I was in the middle of typing this, I didn't mean to delay.**

I wouldn't be exhaustive if I didn't touch every suspicion on me. I talk a lot. I'll freely admit that now. I keep pressure on others to get them to speak up too. I find that the best way to find scum/cultists is to have a lot of dialogue among everyone. I freely admit that it looks suspicion that I keep pushing, seemingly at random, but it's a necessary evil I think.

Sorian

Banned
I'm still not sure what to think of Darryl's power but I do have a question for him. Do you have any guarantee that the role can't die with you? It sounds like it will switch each morning. Does it switch even with you dead? I know this comes off as a cultist question but, as it stands now, I think you've painted a red X on yourself anyway and are likely the first target for a cult attack unless someone role reveals for no reason. This question might just give you an out.

I find Neuromancer a bit overly defensive, and his no-lynch vote came out of nowhere when others were discussing how we shouldn't do a no-lynch.

Vote: Neuromancer

Time for me to use my voting power some more. I didn't like this post. I hinted as such last night. Bandwagon for the sake of bandwagon always seems scummy and that's the way this post felt. I agree with your logic on Neuro but he was the easy target at the time. What other suspicions/reservations have you been having?

Sorian

Banned
No, I don't believe that makes sense. It is likely to keep moving from player to player.

Fair, I still look forward to seeing if anyone has claimed to pick up this power on the next day. It makes sense with the flavor of the game, a power based on temporary insanity or something and it would be the curveball that this game has been lacking while the other 2 games for season 3 have an obvious extra rule in play. I'm not 100% convinced that this isn't a very elaborate play. I know you mentioned earlier that you saw no reason why you would bring it up since you don't seem to gain anything but I'd disagree. This claim makes you an important tourist while still being a relatively boring kill for the cultists. We'll see how it shakes out.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm aware of the game. Was on a road trip and have some grad school things to do in the morning but I'll give a full post tomorrow though. Not a huge fan of a day 1 lynch (loved it as mafia in the last game). As of right now though I'll vote Blarg for Blarging it up. While amusing it is not at all helpful to town. I mean you guys saw what he did as a faction cop right? Pictures of straws and a declaration of being mafia aligned when there was really no headway in his direction (loved this too as a mafia). I'm also monitoring someone else... but anyway

Blargonaut

Our votes so far. Sorry if I made a mistake. I might consider writing a script for this, it's pretty easy to screw up.

Neuromancer (3)
Matt Attack
Flame_AC
Sorian

Tucah (0)
Lord of Castamere

Blargonaut (3)
Droplet
ultron87
OceanicAir (kind of, since he didn't include Vote: )

Lord of Castamere (0)
Never Forever

No Lynch (0)
Neuromancer

Please use Vote: Zatoth for your votes. I will not count them otherwise.

-----------------------------
PSA:
Day 1 of the Star Wars Mafia game could be helpful to get an idea of what to expect, especially for new players. I recommend you check it out.

It started here.

Bah, I guess I shouldn't play this game while tired.

vote: Blargonaut

Also based on the content of posts so far, Droplet appears to be the most stressed and forced content-wise.

Also anyone shifting focus to Blarg is hot seat imo. Seems cultist to justify an eviction based on attitude at the moment. It almost defeats the purpose of a day 1 eviction if you are just trying to clear the roster.

Vote: Droplet

As opposed to randomly lynching somebody for things that might be suspicious? That's besides the fact that 1) everybody can't vote for whoever is getting lynched so there won't be this over-abundance of info, I don't think anything was learned from detaining exmachina and 2) everyone is convinced that whoever we kill will likely be town. Heck, the mafia might not even vote for whoever dies tonight. A non-helpful town is more of a liability than anything and Blarg has proved he's more than capable of being that.

If he hasn't contributed in a meaningful way by the end of the first day phase then I am on board with this but it's my understanding Blarg is an extremely crazy wild card (my first game so idk the stories) and the crazies always get all the luck. I don't want to destroy a powerful town role because Blarg is working his weird mind games. I'm taking a wait and see with him and trying to keep everyone posted when I notice his avatar change.

An important thing I read in one of the other threads and, correct me if I am wrong here because I am new, if someone gets replaced for inactivity, their role power (or lack thereof) and team just transfer from the original to the replacement right? So it's not always the best to kill someone who is just straight inactive because then we are destroying a role that will just be transferred to another player anyway. Now the people who stay just active enough to never be replaced? That's a real target to hit if nothing else is catching our eye because I can't think of a lot of reason to do that unless you are up to some trouble.

It's fairly small but how you mentioned you're new back to back rubbed me the wrong way. Along with the fact that seem well-versed in a lot of the rules (I mean you understand Karkadorian Algebra!). Your high-volume post count gives me shades of CzarTim.

Also, in regards to inactivity, please remember that Palmer (a mafia in all but name) and AbsolutBro both ended up in the top 5 of posts in the SW game.

I know I'm not posting a lot but that's because I really have nothing to add and just quoting people merely to state agreement seems counter-productive.

Re: the item, it's likely someone's job to keep it moving between people, and so it's linked to a power role, but we have no guarantees that the person who gets the item is Town-aligned, because if the PR is Town-aligned then they're just operating on the same logic as the rest of us and hoping that the person that they give the item to knows how to best use it to further the town agenda. Plus hoping that they can use the negative effects for a Vigilante Night Kill.

I mean, it could be some random environmental thing controlled by Zatoth, but idk, I would think that something like this still has the potential to be used strategically by the right owner. Or the person could be Neutral/Cult-aligned, in which case it could be tied into a win condition or used to create crazy chaos. I suppose we'll have to see how things shake out Day 2. Maybe it is random. Blah.

Fair, I still look forward to seeing if anyone has claimed to pick up this power on the next day. It makes sense with the flavor of the game, a power based on temporary insanity or something and it would be the curveball that this game has been lacking while the other 2 games for season 3 have an obvious extra rule in play. I'm not 100% convinced that this isn't a very elaborate play. I know you mentioned earlier that you saw no reason why you would bring it up since you don't seem to gain anything but I'd disagree. This claim makes you an important tourist while still being a relatively boring kill for the cultists. We'll see how it shakes out.

I don't really think it's fair to suspect Darryl of any wrongdoing at this point, as it doesn't really make him different to the rest of us. For some reason or another, it seems that the item chose him (whether purposefully or randomly), and not the other way around. It doesn't really serve as a guarantee of anything, aside from the fact that he was forthcoming with the information and knew that it would look weird later if it went unmentioned. This would be the world's most pointless act of deceit if it could be uncovered Day 2 and an easy way to justify a Darryl bandwagon.

Sorian, I'm a bit wary of you flipping your vote around all over the shop (five times so far!), but frankly your complete and utter lack of care for the fact that you're drawing tons of attention to yourself seems to just be overzealous Town, and isn't coming across to me as being particularly suspect so far.

Darryl

Banned
Anyways, now that we all have programmed worshiping the time cube into our daily routines. My strategy when I started the game was to wait and see which players would bandwagon onto me & Blarg since we're the easiest targets. Blarg essentially needs no explanation for an eviction. This is a perfect target for cultists looking for a place to be active without having to explain themselves.

Droplet
ultron87
OceanicAir
Matt Attack
Sorian

In the event that Blarg is town, I'd bet there is scum above. So if anyone else agrees with that line of reasoning

1. A cultist going into this game would attempt to be active
2. Blarg is a target who doesn't need an explanation to vote for
3. Anyone wanting to create as little dirt as possible would push for these targets

Feel free to jump on the bandwagon and let's get our day 1 scum

Darryl

Banned
I know I'm not posting a lot but that's because I really have nothing to add and just quoting people merely to state agreement seems counter-productive.

Re: the item, it's likely someone's job to keep it moving between people, and so it's linked to a power role, but we have no guarantees that the person who gets the item is Town-aligned, because if the PR is Town-aligned then they're just operating on the same logic as the rest of us and hoping that the person that they give the item to knows how to best use it to further the town agenda. Plus hoping that they can use the negative effects for a Vigilante Night Kill.

I mean, it could be some random environmental thing controlled by Zatoth, but idk, I would think that something like this still has the potential to be used strategically by the right owner. Or the person could be Neutral/Cult-aligned, in which case it could be tied into a win condition or used to create crazy chaos. I suppose we'll have to see how things shake out Day 2. Maybe it is random. Blah.

I don't really think it's fair to suspect Darryl of any wrongdoing at this point, as it doesn't really make him different to the rest of us. For some reason or another, it seems that the item chose him (whether purposefully or randomly), and not the other way around. It doesn't really serve as a guarantee of anything, aside from the fact that he was forthcoming with the information and knew that it would look weird later if it went unmentioned. This would be the world's most pointless act of deceit if it could be uncovered Day 2 and an easy way to justify a Darryl bandwagon.

Sorian, I'm a bit wary of you flipping your vote around all over the shop (five times so far!), but frankly your complete and utter lack of care for the fact that you're drawing tons of attention to yourself seems to just be overzealous Town, and isn't coming across to me as being particularly suspect so far.

Would be absolutely hilarious if someone had a role controlling it. My god. To the string-puller, wait till the moment is right and THEN give it to me.

nin1000

Banned
Anyways, now that we all have programmed worshiping the time cube into our daily routines. My strategy when I started the game was to wait and see which players would bandwagon onto me & Blarg since we're the easiest targets. Blarg essentially needs no explanation for an eviction. This is a perfect target for cultists looking for a place to be active without having to explain themselves.

Droplet
ultron87
OceanicAir
Matt Attack
Sorian

In the event that Blarg is town, I'd bet there is scum above. So if anyone else agrees with that line of reasoning

3. Anyone wanting to create as little dirt as possible would push for these targets

Interesting way of forcing players to speak out why they voted on Blargonaut and you. I don't know really what to make out of that play but it starts some discussion which is a good thing.

nin1000

Banned
I can't recall past games but would it not be best for mafia or cultists players to keep it down on the first day and start posting more and more as the days go on? You can always blame real life for that aswell.

I can't wait to betray Darryl at the end and vaporize his quintessence with the Corrupted Time Cube

Then two weeks later a seaplane sees my SOS on the beach and begins to land in front of me as the camera zooms in on my eyebags

I'll spare Timeaisis so he can be the cameraman

Droplet
ultron87
OceanicAir
Matt Attack
Sorian

You two are just as likely to be mafia as anybody else and you do realize a faaaar simpler task is for Blarg not post in such non-town manner as opposed to not voting for because "that's Blarg for you!". At best we are getting a mafia, at worst we are getting a town that doesn't seem likely to help us. Better yet, tell me why you think he's more likely to be town than anybody else?

Droplet
ultron87
OceanicAir
Matt Attack
Sorian

That's one possible narrative. The other is that we're calling out a player who has yet to contribute in any meaningful way (exactly the sort of play that hurts town). It's Day 1 and we don't have much information- we have to work with what little we have. In that context, I don't think votes for Blarg are suspicious in the slightest.

Honestly have no clue what you're trying to get at. Trying to paint those who are suspicious of him as scummy doesn't make any sense to me- he's an obvious target for a reason.

I can't recall past games but would it not be best for mafia or cultists players to keep it down on the first day and start posting more and more as the days go on? You can always blame real life for that aswell.

I could see cultists playing either way, there are benefits to both. I think which is better depends on revealed power roles, etc- if there aren't any easy targets for a cultist night kill, I'd expect active and useful players to be targeted first. If that weren't to happen, it might raise some red flags for me.

As an aside, is there anybody who sticks out to you right now as suspicious?

You two are just as likely to be mafia as anybody else and you do realize a faaaar simpler task is for Blarg not post in such non-town manner as opposed to not voting for because "that's Blarg for you!". At best we are getting a mafia, at worst we are getting a town that doesn't seem likely to help us. Better yet, tell me why you think he's more likely to be town than anybody else?

WH-WHADDAYA MEAN THIS ISN'T AN INDOOR VOICE, OCEANICAIR

I DIDN'T CHOOSE THE BOOMING HUSKY BARITONE SEDUCTION LIFE

*weeps*

That's one possible narrative. The other is that we're calling out a player who has yet to contribute in any meaningful way (exactly the sort of play that hurts town). It's Day 1 and we don't have much information- we have to work with what little we have. In that context, I don't think votes for Blarg are suspicious in the slightest.

Honestly have no clue what you're trying to get at. Trying to paint those who are suspicious of him as scummy doesn't make any sense to me- he's an obvious target for a reason.

I could see cultists playing either way, there are benefits to both. I think which is better depends on revealed power roles, etc- if there aren't any easy targets for a cultist night kill, I'd expect active and useful players to be targeted first. If that weren't to happen, it might raise some red flags for me.

As an aside, is there anybody who sticks out to you right now as suspicious?

"contribute"

"non-town"

"meaningful"

"experience"

"teamwork"

"target demographic"

"mass merger"

"multidimensional synergy"

"non-exclusive mindshare"

JvUp7ac.jpg

More like Time Cubicle, eh?

Sorian

Banned
It's fairly small but how you mentioned you're new back to back rubbed me the wrong way. Along with the fact that seem well-versed in a lot of the rules (I mean you understand Karkadorian Algebra!). Your high-volume post count gives me shades of CzarTim.

I actually think it is funny that I brought that up twice in a row. That is suspicious and I apologize. All I can really say is my only mafia type experience was one of those ONUW games hosted by Retro just a few days ago. Aside from that, I've just tried to read things that crab and others have posted as resources and when Zatoth said we would be using that weird voting system, I made sure to read the post detailing it a few times.

I would like to point out that I don't suspect Darryl because he came forward with this power, I just want people to keep in mind that we have the word of one person when it comes to the existence of this power. It makes a lot of sense to be in this game but then a good lie usually always makes sense when there is a lack of information. I'm quite aware that the odds of me ever believing 100% that this power exist are quite slim because only very few things could happen that would convince me. I will admit though, it hadn't even crossed my mind that someone else's role could just be choosing who this power goes to. That's actually a really good call and would make more sense than it just be random from day to day.

As for my vote, I'd expect it to flip at least 5 more times before day 1 is out. A vote on the first day seems to be fairly useless so I might as well use mine to look for cracks in people. It draws attention but it gets the job done.

Droplet
ultron87
OceanicAir
Matt Attack
Sorian

I find this post interesting. It's a post all about how voting for Blarg would lead to scum because he is an easy target. You then detail why Blarg is an easy target (which really doesn't need much detail but I understand you were being complete in your thought). You then list me among the suspects when I never voted for Blarg and actually said:

If he hasn't contributed in a meaningful way by the end of the first day phase then I am on board with this but it's my understanding Blarg is an extremely crazy wild card (my first game so idk the stories) and the crazies always get all the luck. I don't want to destroy a powerful town role because Blarg is working his weird mind games. I'm taking a wait and see with him and trying to keep everyone posted when I notice his avatar change.

Blarg was on my radar but hardly ever one of my main talking points, especially after he stopped with that avatar switching non-sense. Now I do see that when you started the game you were looking to see who would jump Blarg or you because you are both easy targets, but I don't see where you would be an easy target. Your first real post in this thread talked about a power that could end up deciding this game and it's my understanding you are a quite talented player. Yes, I threw a vote your way, for the same reason I've thrown a vote at anyone, I wanted you to post more, you did and I moved on. I appreciate you for posting these suspicions because they can end up being good but I can't quite get on board with Blarg being a litmus test to sniff out scum. He's done nothing to help up until now so I'd think scum would rather he hang around to distract and confuse.

Sorian

Banned
"contribute"

"non-town"

"meaningful"

"experience"

"teamwork"

"target demographic"

"mass merger"

"multidimensional synergy"

"non-exclusive mindshare"

JvUp7ac.jpg

More like Time Cubicle, eh?

Well now, he has convinced me to feel like all of my posts are riddled with corporate buzzwords. I guess that's something.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm back and up to speed. I hadn't realized last night that according to Darryl he isn't the one who gets to decide who the package goes to next. I'm still not sure about the veracity of his story, but I agree if it was a malicious lie the only way to keep it going would implicate more cultist accomplices, and I doubt he'd do something like that. There's no benefit to believing he's lying atm either, since it generates decent discussion. The possibility that someone else is working in the shadows to switch the package around is interesting, but what would happen if that person dies? From a game mechanics PoV it seems to me like random would be better since it keeps the mechanic alive regardless.

Timeaisis

Alright, so back up to speed. A few thoughts on the day so far.

Neuromancer is pretty defensive, but I think we can just as easily chalk that up to being new and being called out on D1. Not sure how damning that is.

I know we've moved past this at this point but the "RNG play", in my opinion, isn't the wisest way of going about things. Sure, it puts pressure on random players D1, but we should focus on their posts content instead and vote on them for that, instead of just randomly picking someone to prod and watching them flail because they are new at the game and want to survive D1. Doesn't really give us a whole lot.

Finally, Darryl's secret item doodad is by far the most interesting thing to come out today. Is it passed to another player randomly each night after you chose one of the five abilities? That's how I'm assuming it's working. I wonder if we can confirm town using the list of possible abilities? If everyone makes note of the list of abilities they can choose from, we can use that to corroborate later. Of course, we don't actually know for sure if the item can only go to town...but I'm going to make the assumption Darryl is town since he is willfully revealing this to all of us on day 1.

Sorian

Banned
Alright, so back up to speed. A few thoughts on the day so far.

Neuromancer is pretty defensive, but I think we can just as easily chalk that up to being new and being called out on D1. Not sure how damning that is.

I know we've moved past this at this point but the "RNG play", in my opinion, isn't the wisest way of going about things. Sure, it puts pressure on random players D1, but we should focus on their posts content instead and vote on them for that, instead of just randomly picking someone to prod and watching them flail because they are new at the game and want to survive D1. Doesn't really give us a whole lot.

Finally, Darryl's secret item doodad is by far the most interesting thing to come out today. Is it passed to another player randomly each night after you chose one of the five abilities? That's how I'm assuming it's working. I wonder if we can confirm town using the list of possible abilities? If everyone makes note of the list of abilities they can choose from, we can use that to corroborate later. Of course, we don't actually know for sure if the item can only go to town...but I'm going to make the assumption Darryl is town since he is willfully revealing this to all of us on day 1.

Just a note, I read it to mean that Darryl (and anyone else who gets it) doesn't actually have to use any of the 5 powers. He can correct me if I am wrong but I think he can let it leave him without taking any action.

Sorian

Banned
I just had a thought. What if the cultists are controlling who gets the item and they have to give it to a tourist each night? This would solve the issue that Fire brought up earlier. If its not a single player controlling it but the whole team then one person dying won't affect the game mechanic.

Zatoth

13 votes are needed to end the day early

Blargonaut (3)
ultron87
Matt Attack
OceanicAir

Lone_Prodigy (2)
Droplet
Sorian

Neuromancer (2)
Flame_AC
Lone_Prodigy