• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

Sorian

Banned
I don't really. Especially since in Blarg's last big post, he implied that I should be watched for a night action. I have never declared the time cube being a night action. Either way, I don't find the eviction as pushing for the good of the town. Rather them being votes for the sake of voting. I don't think anyone with the right intentions would have jumped on him so early. I hadn't even had the chance to reveal my omega ultra power.

You've only revealed one ability on the orb and I can't see how that particular one isn't considered a night action. I don't doubt that some of the other 4 happen during day time or twilight phase though.

It's activated only by choosing one of the abilities. If I don't activate an ability, it doesn't get used and moves to another player.

I don't really. Especially since in Blarg's last big post, he implied that I should be watched for a night action. I have never declared the time cube being a night action. Either way, I don't find the eviction as pushing for the good of the town. Rather them being votes for the sake of voting. I don't think anyone with the right intentions would have jumped on him so early. I hadn't even had the chance to reveal my omega ultra power.

l2ZMd2Q.gif

Flame_AC

Man, I go to bed for a couple hours and then things get exciting.

I unvoted because bandwagons generate discussion, and it became clear that that bandwagon wasn't taking off.

I voted for you for starting a bandwagon because you voted for me for starting a bandwagon.

In this post, you say that bandwagons generate discussion. Personally, I thought I had made it pretty clear that I didn't think you, or the earlier pick of Neuromancer would be lynched. As I mentioned earlier, no one in the game should be worried about 1 or 2 votes, this is why I switched mine to you. Voting you and starting a bandwagon to poke at you for a couple hours will yield more information than we would have gotten otherwise. My vote also came to you because it seemed as though we had gotten all we could from Neuromancer for the time being. My vote for you was not necessarily because you started a bandwagon, but more because you got very defensive against myself and others after you had one vote float your way.

Oh hell nvm , my brower did not refresh for hours lol.

I agree completely , bandwagoning just leads to everyone agreeing that the accused person is fishy and no one will argue against that and just roll with it.

I both disagree and agree with you here, if everyone is in agreement that something seems fishy about a person, then that person is going to feel an enormous amount of pressure to throw it off if they're actually able to. Neuromancer did this somewhat and now I believe he has no votes, for the time being of course. If someone, such as Lone Prodigy in this case, can make a good argument for their actions without being overly aggressive or defensive, then the town's focus will shift away from them.

I voted according to the last vote count posted, where Neuromancer had the most votes. You had just voted for someone else (without unvoting), so I missed it.

I'm keeping my vote on Flame. He didn't unvote until I did and I didn't even have the most votes when he voted for me. It seems to be his modus operandi: subtly add to a potential bandwagon without antagonizing anyone ("I just agree with the other guy who voted but nothing's going to happen anyway so don't sweat it, oh by the way this is me being active").

Bandwagons start plenty of discussion. Why are we starting one? Who started it? What does the bandwagoned have to say? Perhaps my definition is a little different: I think those who contribute to the start of one are the most suspicious. No one questions a rock already barreling downhill, but who pushed it to the edge and gave it a nudge?

My vote for you, in addition to your defensiveness, was precisely because you switched your vote, if you had not done that, I probably would not have switched my vote yet. As mentioned above, the sole purpose of my vote right now is to apply pressure to whoever I can and see where the cracks form; Neuromancer had a decent enough defense to sate my curiosity for the moment, but I saw the opportunity to shift the town's focus towards you and attempted to do that. We've already gone over the fact that neither you, me, Neuro, and probably Blarg are going to be lynched right now barring some sort of info dump.

*Talks about how Flame is real sketchy because he jumped on a bandwagon already in progress*

*Goes on to explain that the person/people that start a bandwagon are really the most suspicious*

No one take me the wrong way here, I have no real opinion of Flame one way or the other yet so this is in no way meant to be a defense for him. This is more trying to figure out what Prodigy here is on about. With the reasoning you gave here, I'd think Droplet or I would be the top of your shit list, but you skipped us and went to Flame. It could just be that he attacked you most recently and you are using your vote to attack back but I feel like it's more than that.

What a stirring defense Sorian. ;)

To address the last portion of your post, I think Lone Prodigy is going for what he saw as a weak link in the bandwagon. Both you and Droplet were in on the vote early but he realized that going after one of you two would make it seem like he's lashing out at whoever votes for him. So instead he waited for another vote to show up, in this case mine, and decided to cry out from the rooftops "BANDWAGONER" instead of seeing that my vote would not have come to him had he not changed his own.

I noticed your vote and Droplet's, but Flame piled on after I responded and unvoted. And if he's going to vote me for piling on, then I'm doing the same.

I wouldn't say I'm any less suspicious than Flame, but I haven't posted as much fluff as he has and I haven't piled onto every burgeoning bandwagon. I can see how my vote looks retaliatory, but if I wasn't the one with votes I'd likely do the same.

My vote for you is due to your defensiveness and the speed at which you switched votes once town momentum started to shift. If Day 1 proves anything, it's that votes are very fluid and no one is going to stay in the hot seat for long. The bolded is where you kind of lost me, seeing as there has only been one bandwagon of sorts against Neuromancer, which if you recall correctly I did not randomly jump into and instead was towards the beginning of it.

Swamped would be so proud that this is catching on.

I've seen all I can from this line of attack, I think. For now, I'm going to retreat. I have a few more people who have been flying under the radar that I'm interested in but now is as good a time as any.

VOTE: Flame_AC

I'm latching on to you for two reasons. First, you have a vote on you already, so now is the best time to apply pressure. Second, before this whole Prodigy thing came up, I can't recall you having made any meaningful observations. I just took a quick look through your post history and yeah, I don't see much in the way of real thoughts.

My question for you is simple, ignoring everything after post 451 (I choose that post because Lone Prodigy gets brought up in the next one), give me a single person or a shortlist of who stands out the most to you as possible cult and why.

1. One of those inactive people, I know this comes after your limit of #451, but it sent off red flags to me immediately. In this case I'm talking specifically about Coppanuva, his two posts since the game started was one saying why he was inactive and another restating conjecture about the orb which we still have no idea about. Following that post, I asked him to elaborate on his suspicions as he was never going to get anything concrete on Day 1 and he has yet to do that.

2. Droplet / NeverForever, their exchange was very odd and Droplet has since seemed very guarded in what she says, perhaps to not slip up? NF is probably okay, but of course any thoughts of his on the current voting trends would be nice.

I'm not sure how I feel about the item issue. I suppose we have nothing else, but it stops the flow of interpersonal chat by creating a completely separate focus. I don't feel like this speculation has a particular goal, aside from just for the sake of having something to talk about, but I think we're veering into just reiterating the same talking points without anything more to go on, or else just flying off into the far reaches of imagination. I don't think we're going to get much else out of Darryl for the present and we've exhausted most of the reasonable avenues of discussion.

Basically, I'm not sure how much we're going to get from this discussion when we have to look back later to find signs of scumminess.

(sorry, I'm trying to word this without coming across as rude/mean but it just ends up sounding pointlessly verbose)

So, people I'd like to hear more from:

Capitan and OrangeYouGlad - still yet to post, I'm doubting that they're mafia but I suppose I should never rule anything out. It would be nice for you to show your faces and talk dirty to me

nin1000 - I know you've just gone to bed, but in the morning would you mind just listing some of your personal thoughts and people that have stuck out to you? Some of your posts are awful fluffy and seem intent on dragging attention away from interpersonal discussion and towards more general 'topics'

GreatCharleston - I know it's probably just first-game jitters, but I would love for you to list some people that have attracted your attention, or even just respond to accusations more comprehensively. As it stands you're quite reactive, and the closest I've seen to you addressing the problems that some people have was to simply try and deflect attention back onto Sorian and then move us back onto the item talk.

There are also some people who I think had bursts of initial activity and then died down, but I think that's more because we have nothing in particular to talk about and less because they're purposefully lying low in order to take attention away from themselves.

Also, I'm leery of relying on just screenshotting the postcount from the general GAF thing, because it doesn't account for all the pregame stuff, so I'll probably go through and count up tomorrow from the start of Day 1.

Speculation about the item is pretty much useless unless someone wants to drive an eviction against me.

I agree. I think Darryl divulged all he needed to about the item shortly after he claimed it. Putting any more out in the open doesn't help the Tourists at this juncture.

I live to contradict myself, so one more thing about the item:

I think anyone who gets it from this point on should not claim it until it has left their hands. The Cult could have a role blocker or any number of other abilities to bring harm or otherwise ill will toward the item's keeper.

GreatCharleston - I know it's probably just first-game jitters, but I would love for you to list some people that have attracted your attention, or even just respond to accusations more comprehensively. As it stands you're quite reactive, and the closest I've seen to you addressing the problems that some people have was to simply try and deflect attention back onto Sorian and then move us back onto the item talk.

Well, my 100% intention was laming it out until someone dies then seeing who and what went down and going in hard from there, right now we are all on equal footing I'd say, with some people being a little crazier than others. I'm not trying to keep the heat off myself (Kinda easy to say this but I ain't got nothing to lose) I just tried to bring up valid statements, my focus on this "item" is a bit weird I must admit but I don't personally trust Darryl. ANYWAY, going with this list:

Darryl - Already made my statement.

Blarg - I think him saying some straight up nonsense and people buying into it is a bit crazy, taking the bait a bit too easily, I mean, it could be something but it could be NOTHING.

Timeaisis - Seems to be keeping up with this game(?) but I dunno something just doesn't feel right about it to me, seems like the watcher type and has a lot more going on in the background.

MattAttack - Seems to be playing it like I wanted to but I failed. Generally seems to be laying low and still posting on the side, gets brought up a few times but nothing overall serious.

While I threw out the statement about Sorian to my knowledge no one had yet even questioned him and I've kept up with this thread as much as possible but honestly... I don't doubt him right now, but that's how he might want it.

But that's just how I feel.

Flame_AC

As far as the item goes, we're sure to know more on Day 2, and discussing it anymore right now is unlikely to yield anything new. Our best bet is to be cautious as far as it is concerned as it seems it could either very easily help us or ruin our chances if used / otherwise something bad happens.

Sorian

Banned
1. One of those inactive people, I know this comes after your limit of #451, but it sent off red flags to me immediately. In this case I'm talking specifically about Coppanuva, his two posts since the game started was one saying why he was inactive and another restating conjecture about the orb which we still have no idea about. Following that post, I asked him to elaborate on his suspicions as he was never going to get anything concrete on Day 1 and he has yet to do that.

2. Droplet / NeverForever, their exchange was very odd and Droplet has since seemed very guarded in what she says, perhaps to not slip up? NF is probably okay, but of course any thoughts of his on the current voting trends would be nice.

I needed very little before moving off from you and this has satisfied me. You've said enough to be interesting and your 1) point is where I'll be heading in a bit. It's time to cast doubt on those inactive players who have flown under the radar.

UNVOTE: Flame_AC

I'm not sure how I feel about the item issue. I suppose we have nothing else, but it stops the flow of interpersonal chat by creating a completely separate focus. I don't feel like this speculation has a particular goal, aside from just for the sake of having something to talk about, but I think we're veering into just reiterating the same talking points without anything more to go on, or else just flying off into the far reaches of imagination. I don't think we're going to get much else out of Darryl for the present and we've exhausted most of the reasonable avenues of discussion.

Speculation about the item is pretty much useless unless someone wants to drive an eviction against me.

The item discussion serves its purpose. This speculation about it is good because it could mean something once the item is more detailed. Darryl has been fairly vague and I don't blame him for that but I'm happy that the vagueness of it is being taken advantage of.

Timeaisis - Seems to be keeping up with this game(?) but I dunno something just doesn't feel right about it to me, seems like the watcher type and has a lot more going on in the background.

MattAttack - Seems to be playing it like I wanted to but I failed. Generally seems to be laying low and still posting on the side, gets brought up a few times but nothing overall serious.

While I threw out the statement about Sorian to my knowledge no one had yet even questioned him and I've kept up with this thread as much as possible but honestly... I don't doubt him right now, but that's how he might want it.

I didn't remove Timeaisis or Matt Attack because because I am also doubtful of them, my next post will detail that. I did promise a more in depth post and gave myself a hard time limit that is in about 20 min. I will make good on that. I'll start looking for the posts I want and writing what I think now. There will be a new vote, of course, because wheres the fun if I just let my vote sit unused.

Sorian

Banned
So my main reservations right now all fall on the same category of player. These are players that I feel have done the bare minimum to stay interesting while still engaging when appropriate. I have personally not engaged with many of them directly (OceanicAir being the exception) and I feel that it is time to change that.

I'll start with Oceanic because I just mentioned him. His two main posts were an apology of time and a throwaway vote on Blarg and his second post is mostly fluff. It did put suspicion towards me but it was a softball, done purposely or not. He is meeting the template to be active but has done nothing of interest. I expected more because I believe we got the classic "I'll post my thoughts later" but then he drifted away in the background.

Next up is Timeaisis. He posted this:

Alright, so back up to speed. A few thoughts on the day so far.

Neuromancer is pretty defensive, but I think we can just as easily chalk that up to being new and being called out on D1. Not sure how damning that is.

I know we've moved past this at this point but the "RNG play", in my opinion, isn't the wisest way of going about things. Sure, it puts pressure on random players D1, but we should focus on their posts content instead and vote on them for that, instead of just randomly picking someone to prod and watching them flail because they are new at the game and want to survive D1. Doesn't really give us a whole lot.

Finally, Darryl's secret item doodad is by far the most interesting thing to come out today. Is it passed to another player randomly each night after you chose one of the five abilities? That's how I'm assuming it's working. I wonder if we can confirm town using the list of possible abilities? If everyone makes note of the list of abilities they can choose from, we can use that to corroborate later. Of course, we don't actually know for sure if the item can only go to town...but I'm going to make the assumption Darryl is town since he is willfully revealing this to all of us on day 1.

earlier but I feel like that is his only meaty post. The rest of his posts have been about the orb/item some more but nothing about the players. As I said, I think the orb is important and discussion is fine on it but when your only discussion is about the orb, it really does make me wonder. For day 1, our main goal is lynching something that makes sense, this item shouldn't be front and center until, at least, day 2.

Finally, my buddy Matt Attack. I let you slip past me a few times in the case of suspicion. Early on, I notice that you agreed with me a few times while not actually directly engaging with me:

While I absolutely agree that you really, really shouldn't hint towards your role (doing so serves to help the mafia/cultists so that they know who to kill), don't let yourself get lynched without a fight, because a dead power role isn't any good for us either.

Anyways, to offer an alternate possibility from Tucah, also via RNG:

VOTE: Neuromancer

and

100% agreed.

On a related note, one thing that came up a lot in Star Wars Mafia was this idea that people who go inactive were often assumed to be ordinary roles, because they got bored of not having a power beyond voting. I don't like assumptions like that. Even though it did turn out to be true in the end in our case, it assumes a lot- there are so many reasons why a player could go inactive, regardless of role. So, in the event that somebody does go inactive (hopefully this won't occur), I hope we won't place too much stock into the idea that their replacement couldn't have a power role/be scum.

Now I don't mind people agreeing with me. I say a lot so some of it will be sound advice but these comments early on made it so I didn't think much about you and I feel that I have to change that. I was thinking of placing my vote on you now but I will wait until later for that. My main reservation with you is that you appeared to buddy up to me quick and while I am a tourist, I can't take buddies at the moment because we can't trust anyone.

I'll also point out that Coppanuva is on my shortlist as well for the same reason of barely squeaking by on activity. I'm beating a dead horse with that reasoning and I feel like there is more to him than that so I won't detail him in this post.

With that being said I:

VOTE: OCeanicAir

Out of the three people I posted mainly about, you are the most suspicious to me. You tried to put substance into your posts but they were quite weak overall. I don't mind suspicion thrown on me but you pulled a very weak reason out IMO and I feel that we need to talk more. I think you suspect me for more than you let on and I'd like to know why.

Flame_AC

Alright, so I was taking a closer look at some of our more 'active' players, given that we already have an inactive player in mind to try and press (Coppanuva), and someone else stuck out to me. RetroMG is the number 4 top poster in the game thread and so one might assume that he has been contributing to the town discussion. From basically post #450 on, he makes two posts which have any sort of decent intentions in discussing the game, his other 10 to 15 posts are all either discussing Blarg's stuff, Darryl's stuff, or nothing important at all. He certainly seems rather active, and while he could be playing the Cultist angle of 'active and meaningless', I think there's something more he might not be sharing. He was asked a page or two back to provide his List of Thoughts and you can see it below.

How can I help, Drop? I thought I was being less fluffy today, but perhaps not.

My suspicions are such:

Blarg - Town. His weird coded message makes no sense for a Mafia player. If he's trying to talk to his fellow mafia, well, he has a whole forum for that, and it makes no sense for him to hint info to town if he's mafia.

Darryl - Town and not lying about his special item. I was very tired last night when I was cautioning against him - that claim seems to easy to disprove, and Darryl is no fool.

Neuro - Suspicious and defensive. Possibly Mafia, and the best target we currently have.

Droplet - I don't love you pushing things on me, especially after I made a huge post similar to this one last night. I don't think you're evil, though.

Orange - Has been very quiet. I'd like to hear from him.

I specifically want to talk about his listing of Blarg, Neuro, and Orange.

On his listing of Blarg: It is entirely possible that he could be a third party (if we have them in this game) and is attempting to contact his teammate by a way that most people wouldn't pay attention or bother to try figuring out. I would advise caution in being so certain that Blarg is a Tourist and all is good, simply because he's being cryptic and it's not a Cultist way to play.

On his listing of Neuro: He didn't add anything at all to the idea pool when it comes to why we were putting pressure on Neuro earlier and instead is just echoing what we all said. Seems like a space filler to me, one that is believable enough to not cause suspicion, but with no substance.

On his listing of Orange: I don't know why you decided to say Orange is suspicious and not just list more of the inactives: Capitan, Coppanuva, Tucah (posted a few, but not much), and Ultron87. To make a bit of a leap, I could argue that you're excluding those people from the list because, perhaps, they're you're partners?

Fair point.

Also, I've heard NOTHING from Afrocious so far this game. Seems worth checking into.

And in this post you mention another inactive while still neglecting others, I'm not sure why you did that.

I would like to hear some more reasoning from you and perhaps develop some thoughts on what is currently going on.

UNVOTE: Lone_Prodigy

VOTE: RetroMG

Flame_AC

Ah, forgot to mention that I'm not necessarily done with pursuing LoneProdigy, but that RetroMG is a more compelling case right now, in my opinion at least.

Sorian

Banned
I will admit that I find it interesting that Retro continues to focus on players who have 0 activity from when the game started. He could very well be looking for an easy lynch that might also destroy a power role. Just my two cents there.

Flame_AC

I will admit that I find it interesting that Retro continues to focus on players who have 0 activity from when the game started. He could very well be looking for an easy lynch that might also destroy a power role. Just my two cents there.

I think the bigger problem is that he left out some people, such as Coppanuva, Tucah, and Capitan, while deriding others. I'm pretty sure that he chose or left out the people he did for specific reasons that I'd love to know.

Sorian

Banned
I think the bigger problem is that he left out some people, such as Coppanuva, Tucah, and Capitan, while deriding others. I'm pretty sure that he chose or left out the people he did for specific reasons that I'd love to know.

Too early to try to find teams IMO. Once a weak link is broken then we can see where it was connecting.

Sorian

Banned
And, to reiterate, not defending him in anyway, I find him suspicious only for the reason I posted above, just nothing more.

Flame_AC

Also, just to throw it out to anyone else in the game that's around. Feel free to share your own thoughts whether it be about Sorian's OceanicAir vote or my Retro vote, or if you have an idea of your own to share that'd be great too.

I'm still all about GreatCharleston, personally. His first seven posts in the game were the definition of empty filler. Since I called him out he's tried to be more substantive, but not to my satisfaction. It's a lot of attempts to spread uncertainty, not much real contribution.

RetroMG

You guys are putting way more thought into this than you need to.

You're right. I've made comments on the people that we haven't heard from. I'm kind of trying to do what Sorian has been doing - consider it a friendly poke to the inactive players. I'm not going to launch a full vote, because that would be silly, but perhaps if one of these players sees their name, they'll be inspired to come in and say something.

Is it lame? Sure. But as I've said previously, I'm not sure what else I can be doing that someone else isn't already doing. Apparently discussing Blarg's puzzle or Darryl's item is "fluff."

So why Orange and Afro and not the others? Well, Afro is the first page in my notes going alphabetically. Orange is because I was puzzling over Blarg's message:
"IN-SITU ORANGE MIC REFERS TO STATE ASSOCIATE, EXTRAPOLATE WITH RESEARCH"
In Situ means "in place." "Refers to state associate" could mean that the player in questions is town, but mafia felt more likely. Why would a townie need to be in place? Extrapolate with research speaks for itself.
What does Orange Mic mean?

I looked over my notes, in which I have every player listed, along with their current avatar. Then I hit on OrangeYouGlad. It didn't match up perfectly, (I still have no idea what it means, or why a Mic would be involved,) but it drew my attention to the fact that I had no notes on Orange. I noticed the same with Afro. (Who has a dog avatar with lovely orange-ish fun from Ghost Trick, though that it way more tenuous.)

Now, am I saying that I think Blarg's message means they are mafia? No. You've commented that I am coming at them with suspicion and derision, none of which is true. I don't have enough info to attack anyone - yet. But I wanted to draw attention to these two, in hopes of spurring conversation. Hopefully from them.

Flame_AC

A refresher on his most substantive post below:

Well, my 100% intention was laming it out until someone dies then seeing who and what went down and going in hard from there, right now we are all on equal footing I'd say, with some people being a little crazier than others. I'm not trying to keep the heat off myself (Kinda easy to say this but I ain't got nothing to lose) I just tried to bring up valid statements, my focus on this "item" is a bit weird I must admit but I don't personally trust Darryl. ANYWAY, going with this list:

Darryl - Already made my statement.

Blarg - I think him saying some straight up nonsense and people buying into it is a bit crazy, taking the bait a bit too easily, I mean, it could be something but it could be NOTHING.

But that's just how I feel.

I reread his posts and I agree with you, Rats off to Ya, that his first posts were entirely fluff. However, I'm not sure if you're right in singling him out as the only person who did fluff posts, there's certainly others who have posted some and added little. I think it is a good sign that he is trying to improve his posting, so I think you might be better off waiting until Day 2 to try and push a vote on him if he relegates back to his fluff stuff. Obviously it'd be great if he weighed in and gave us some of his thoughts on the current situation.

I actually think it is funny that I brought that up twice in a row. That is suspicious and I apologize. All I can really say is my only mafia type experience was one of those ONUW games hosted by Retro just a few days ago. Aside from that, I've just tried to read things that crab and others have posted as resources and when Zatoth said we would be using that weird voting system, I made sure to read the post detailing it a few times.

I would like to point out that I don't suspect Darryl because he came forward with this power, I just want people to keep in mind that we have the word of one person when it comes to the existence of this power. It makes a lot of sense to be in this game but then a good lie usually always makes sense when there is a lack of information. I'm quite aware that the odds of me ever believing 100% that this power exist are quite slim because only very few things could happen that would convince me. I will admit though, it hadn't even crossed my mind that someone else's role could just be choosing who this power goes to. That's actually a really good call and would make more sense than it just be random from day to day.

As for my vote, I'd expect it to flip at least 5 more times before day 1 is out. A vote on the first day seems to be fairly useless so I might as well use mine to look for cracks in people. It draws attention but it gets the job done.

I find this post interesting. It's a post all about how voting for Blarg would lead to scum because he is an easy target. You then detail why Blarg is an easy target (which really doesn't need much detail but I understand you were being complete in your thought). You then list me among the suspects when I never voted for Blarg and actually said:

Blarg was on my radar but hardly ever one of my main talking points, especially after he stopped with that avatar switching non-sense. Now I do see that when you started the game you were looking to see who would jump Blarg or you because you are both easy targets, but I don't see where you would be an easy target. Your first real post in this thread talked about a power that could end up deciding this game and it's my understanding you are a quite talented player. Yes, I threw a vote your way, for the same reason I've thrown a vote at anyone, I wanted you to post more, you did and I moved on. I appreciate you for posting these suspicions because they can end up being good but I can't quite get on board with Blarg being a litmus test to sniff out scum. He's done nothing to help up until now so I'd think scum would rather he hang around to distract and confuse.

So my main reservations right now all fall on the same category of player. These are players that I feel have done the bare minimum to stay interesting while still engaging when appropriate. I have personally not engaged with many of them directly (OceanicAir being the exception) and I feel that it is time to change that.

I'll start with Oceanic because I just mentioned him. His two main posts were an apology of time and a throwaway vote on Blarg and his second post is mostly fluff. It did put suspicion towards me but it was a softball, done purposely or not. He is meeting the template to be active but has done nothing of interest. I expected more because I believe we got the classic "I'll post my thoughts later" but then he drifted away in the background.

With that being said I:

VOTE: OCeanicAir

Out of the three people I posted mainly about, you are the most suspicious to me. You tried to put substance into your posts but they were quite weak overall. I don't mind suspicion thrown on me but you pulled a very weak reason out IMO and I feel that we need to talk more. I think you suspect me for more than you let on and I'd like to know why.

Well what the heck is it? Is it suspicious and apology worthy? Or is it a very weak reason? It's just these little things that really bother me and I feel like you post an unnecessary amount of times and have thrown suspicion absolutely everywhere which completely devalues the value of your vote. Your voting for everybody is more of an interview of "tell me why you're not mafia" than anything concrete.

I made my reasons clear why I voted blarg which was as substantial if not more than the reasons you gave for the people you've voted for this phase.

however,
unvote: blargonaut

I would be lying if I wasn't intrigued by his puzzle. But I swear blarg, if you die as a power role again without giving us more info...

Flame_AC

Well what the heck is it? Is it suspicious and apology worthy? Or is it a very weak reason? It's just these little things that really bother me and I feel like you post an unnecessary amount of times and have thrown suspicion absolutely everywhere which completely devalues the value of your vote. Your voting for everybody is more of an interview of "tell me why you're not mafia" than anything concrete.

I made my reasons clear why I voted blarg which was as substantial if not more than the reasons you gave for the people you've voted for this phase.

I think in the case of Sorian it is both suspicious and also a weak reason. Now this isn't a defense of Sorian, I just wanted to point out that to vote Sorian for saying he's new a bunch is a far weaker reason than why, for example, I voted for Neuromancer for being overly defensive. While both are weak reasons, Sorian's is scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to reasons. Also, I disagree with the way you say posting a lot is unnecessary, if he wasn't posting as much he is, we would have less information and the town would be worse off. This of course is still day 1 and he could be building up town credit for later.

I'm still all about GreatCharleston, personally. His first seven posts in the game were the definition of empty filler. Since I called him out he's tried to be more substantive, but not to my satisfaction. It's a lot of attempts to spread uncertainty, not much real contribution.

HjHhtse.png

Can't really add much when everyone else already has everything covered but I believe I've found my footing at least. First few posts were just joking and settling in and besides, my posts have been a little more detailed than yours as of recent. If you want me out because you feel I'm not an asset then that's fair, but if you think I'm against you then...

RetroMG

Additional thoughts:

You have a fair point about Blarg, and one I hadn't considered. I've never played a full mafia game with a 3rd party, (AC didn't have any) so it did not occur to me.

Neuro - Didn't go into detail because I don't have anything new to say. I was mostly noting that, yes, he is on my radar. Nothing new to report.

Just kicking up stones, and trying to kick up different ones than you.

Nope, giving me too much credit. I noticed the two I mentioned, and called them out. Didn't really think about the others.

But since you mention it, I would love to hear from Coppanuva, Tucah, and Capitan.

Better?

Flame_AC

Additional thoughts:

You have a fair point about Blarg, and one I hadn't considered. I've never played a full mafia game with a 3rd party, (AC didn't have any) so it did not occur to me.

Neuro - Didn't go into detail because I don't have anything new to say. I was mostly noting that, yes, he is on my radar. Nothing new to report.

Just kicking up stones, and trying to kick up different ones than you.

Nope, giving me too much credit. I noticed the two I mentioned, and called them out. Didn't really think about the others.

But since you mention it, I would love to hear from Coppanuva, Tucah, and Capitan.

Better?

The only reason I'm worried about Blarg being 3rd party is since I spec'd Star Wars mafia and know how bad it can turn out for us.

I could be a stickler and say that you are only mentioning them now that you've been called out for excluding them previously, but I'm happy I suppose.

RetroMG

The only reason I'm worried about Blarg being 3rd party is since I spec'd Star Wars mafia and know how bad it can turn out for us.

Yeah, like I said, my only third-party experience, (if it could even be called that,) is the Tanner in ONUW. Didn't really read the Star Wars game once I got pulled into AC, so it never even occured to me. I'll keep it as an open option going forward.

I could be a stickler and say that you are only mentioning them now that you've been called out for excluding them previously, but I'm happy I suppose.

Hey, if you're happy, I'm happy. I'll keep an eye out for posts from them, too. (If they don't get replaced.) Although I think we've seen a post or two from Coppanuva and Tucah.

RetroMG

I'll try to make my posts meatier going forward. It annoys me to no end that I keep trying to contribute and keep getting called for fluff. Day one of Mafia sucks.

I'll admit, Charleston, I'm starting to come around on you. Your initial posting style had me incredibly suspicious and maybe I'm hanging onto that a bit too much. I'll back off for now.

We haven't heard much from Coppanuva, and that worries me more than the people we haven't heard from at all. The others could be inactive for any number of reasons; Coppa seems like he's deliberately trying to keep his head down.

VOTE: Coppanuva

Sorian

Banned

however,
unvote: blargonaut

I would be lying if I wasn't intrigued by his puzzle. But I swear blarg, if you die as a power role again without giving us more info...

I apologized because it did look like it was an easy target when it was brought up, it was a silly thing to bring up that had nothing to do with the game and I was surprised at myself for mentioning it twice in a row, that's why I apologized. It is still a softball suspicion that didn't mean much of anything and it provided an easy talking point for you. Take it or leave it but there is a method to the madness within my posts. Everyone I've voted for has done something that I've wanted them to do and that may end up being useful later. It may not. You still keep my vote, I do want to hear a lot more from you. I knew you've been watching the thread.

Flame_AC

HjHhtse.png

Can't really add much when everyone else already has everything covered but I believe I've found my footing at least. First few posts were just joking and settling in and besides, my posts have been a little more detailed than yours as of recent. If you want me out because you feel I'm not an asset then that's fair, but if you think I'm against you then...

On the bolded. Even if you think you may not have much to add, typing out your thoughts so that everyone else here can see them and use them to help the town is what you should do. You may just offer a unique perspective or way of phrasing thing that could make someone else more active.

Sorian

Banned
As I will tend to do, I'd like to announce that I am going to be away from the thread for the rest of the night. Oceanic, if you are still watching, I'd just like your opinion on something. A lot of inactive players have been brought up over the course of the last few hours. Which one do you think is the most suspicious?

Flame_AC

I will be away from the thread until late tomorrow, have a long car trip to take. I think all my posts reflect what I'm feeling right now and so I'll leave you all to enjoy your time. Hopefully we get some of the inactives posting soon, or potentially replaced if worse comes to worst.

nin1000

Banned
nin1000 - I know you've just gone to bed, but in the morning would you mind just listing some of your personal thoughts and people that have stuck out to you? Some of your posts are awful fluffy and seem intent on dragging attention away from interpersonal discussion and towards more general 'topics'

To be honest i dont really want todo that right now since everything that has been said up to this point has been "fluffy", i dont like that word. I think every post is important even those that not everyone will find interesting. Claiming that a post ist "fluff" is in my head as much bad as pointing that shit out. So can we please stop that "fluff" thing ?

In my book those who have not posted are on the top of my list.
Oh and Sorian is doing Launchpads job this time around, he talks a lot but i doubt he is to be feared.

To be honest i dont really want todo that right now since everything that has been said up to this point has been "fluffy", i dont like that word. I think every post is important even those that not everyone will find interesting. Claiming that a post ist "fluff" is in my head as much bad as pointing that shit out. So can we please stop that "fluff" thing ?

In my book those who have not posted are on the top of my list.
Oh and Sorian is doing Launchpads job this time around, he talks a lot but i doubt he is to be feared.

5KC5aWO.gif

not sayin', just sayin'

I think in the case of Sorian it is both suspicious and also a weak reason. Now this isn't a defense of Sorian, I just wanted to point out that to vote Sorian for saying he's new a bunch is a far weaker reason than why, for example, I voted for Neuromancer for being overly defensive. While both are weak reasons, Sorian's is scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to reasons. Also, I disagree with the way you say posting a lot is unnecessary, if he wasn't posting as much he is, we would have less information and the town would be worse off. This of course is still day 1 and he could be building up town credit for later.

You realize I didn't put a vote on him right? I didn't think it was vote worthy, as I said it just rubbed me the wrong way. Day 1 is a bastion of weak reasons which is why I threw it out to encourage discussion and see reactions. Also, I am talking about post count inflation where you don't really say anything important. I really think that people overstress the info we get from day 1.

I apologized because it did look like it was an easy target when it was brought up, it was a silly thing to bring up that had nothing to do with the game and I was surprised at myself for mentioning it twice in a row, that's why I apologized. It is still a softball suspicion that didn't mean much of anything and it provided an easy talking point for you. Take it or leave it but there is a method to the madness within my posts. Everyone I've voted for has done something that I've wanted them to do and that may end up being useful later. It may not. You still keep my vote, I do want to hear a lot more from you. I knew you've been watching the thread.

You know what, I am inclined to believe you. But this whole delayed reaction to my post that you at first called suspicious, then you call it silly and softball. Call it dumb the first time! And it wasn't just the repetition that I had issues with, it was what you repeated. It was how you were saying that you're new and didn't know some of these things which I had a bigger issue with. I feel that you're more well-versed than what you said.

As I will tend to do, I'd like to announce that I am going to be away from the thread for the rest of the night. Oceanic, if you are still watching, I'd just like your opinion on something. A lot of inactive players have been brought up over the course of the last few hours. Which one do you think is the most suspicious?

Tucah, made about 4 post and of extremely fluffy substance and hasn't really thrown any ideas about anybody, however, I really don't think inactives are who we should be targeting day 1 to be quite honest. Its been what 2 real life days so far? I don't think that there is a great chance that they would hardly post with how much people put the spotlight on inactives. I mean it's game 6 of gafia, the prevailing theme is inactives are bad, regardless of how the results pan out.

Darryl

Banned
I'm ok for evicting an inactive as long as the mafia agrees to also evict an inactive. Any mafia that agrees say ok.

Darryl

Banned
Town
[m] Never Forever
[m] Rats Off To Ya
[m] Lord of Castamere
[m] nin1000

Neutral
[m] GreatCharleston
[m] Sorian
[m] RetroMG
[m] Fireblend
[m] Timeaisis

Mafia
[ f ] Droplet
[m] ultron87
[m] Tucah
[m] MattAttack
[m] OceanicAir

No reads / Players probably haven't posted anything significant enough for me to note they're alive
[m] Lone_Prodigy
[m] Neuromancer
[m] Capitan
[m] OrangeYouGlad
[m] Coppanuva
[m] Afrocious

Zatoth

Someone asked my if roles were assigned randomly. Guess that should be of interest for everyone. So I'll answer it here.

Yes, of course it was random. I used my most trusted dice for it. I would not trust digital randomisers for such an important task.

As for the player who haven't posted yet. I'll send them a pm and give them 24h to react. Should nothing happen I'll look for replacments.

Flame_AC

Town
[m] Never Forever
[m] Rats Off To Ya
[m] Lord of Castamere
[m] nin1000

Neutral
[m] GreatCharleston
[m] Sorian
[m] RetroMG
[m] Fireblend
[m] Timeaisis

Mafia
[ f ] Droplet
[m] ultron87
[m] Tucah
[m] MattAttack
[m] OceanicAir

No reads / Players probably haven't posted anything significant enough for me to note they're alive
[m] Lone_Prodigy
[m] Neuromancer
[m] Capitan
[m] OrangeYouGlad
[m] Coppanuva
[m] Afrocious

Aw, I got left off the list completely. :(

I'm ok for evicting an inactive as long as the mafia agrees to also evict an inactive. Any mafia that agrees say ok.

MLd6Dqi.gif

Town
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut

Neutral
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut

Mishima
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut

No reads / People probably haven't posted anything significant enough for me to note they're already dead
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut
[Blargonaut] Blargonaut

Our final duel was fated to be, you ain't going nowhere

I gotchu for 3 days

3 days o' night time

Sorian

Banned
You know what, I am inclined to believe you. But this whole delayed reaction to my post that you at first called suspicious, then you call it silly and softball. Call it dumb the first time! And it wasn't just the repetition that I had issues with, it was what you repeated. It was how you were saying that you're new and didn't know some of these things which I had a bigger issue with. I feel that you're more well-versed than what you said.

Tucah, made about 4 post and of extremely fluffy substance and hasn't really thrown any ideas about anybody, however, I really don't think inactives are who we should be targeting day 1 to be quite honest. Its been what 2 real life days so far? I don't think that there is a great chance that they would hardly post with how much people put the spotlight on inactives. I mean it's game 6 of gafia, the prevailing theme is inactives are bad, regardless of how the results pan out.

I tried to be well-versed on the actual rules of mafia but I didn't bother reading anything from the SW thread or AC thread or any other Gafia games. That would probably be where the disconnect you are seeing came into play.

Tucah is an interesting choice. I'm still debating where I want my final vote to land for day 1 but I will admit, my first random hit might have struck something important. Also:

UNVOTE: OceanicAir

Thank you for humoring me.

Town
[m] Never Forever
[m] Rats Off To Ya
[m] Lord of Castamere
[m] nin1000

Neutral
[m] GreatCharleston
[m] Sorian
[m] RetroMG
[m] Fireblend
[m] Timeaisis

Mafia
[ f ] Droplet
[m] ultron87
[m] Tucah
[m] MattAttack
[m] OceanicAir

[m] Lone_Prodigy
[m] Neuromancer
[m] Capitan
[m] OrangeYouGlad
[m] Coppanuva
[m] Afrocious

I've found these lists interesting when I've seen them posted in other threads. It seems like so much guesswork to categorize people and I mean, it's all guesses right now but I'm just trying to find the most suspicious not people people on to teams yet. Anyway, to each their own, I actually wanted to ask a specific question about your list. What makes Rats Off To Ya a town choice as apposed to a neutral choice? I haven't commented on Rats yet and while he has been active enough, no one else really has either so I'm curious of your thoughts.

Sorian

Banned
From my earlier post:

Next up is Timeaisis. He posted this:

earlier but I feel like that is his only meaty post. The rest of his posts have been about the orb/item some more but nothing about the players. As I said, I think the orb is important and discussion is fine on it but when your only discussion is about the orb, it really does make me wonder. For day 1, our main goal is lynching something that makes sense, this item shouldn't be front and center until, at least, day 2.

I want to expand on this just for the sake of discussion. If I'm reading right, the only real commentary you had on a player was this post and it was about Neuromancer. It doesn't appear that you find Neuro to be a threat at all so what are your thoughts then? Anyone sticking out to you? As I do find you suspicious at the moment, my vote sits with you:

VOTE: Timeaisis

Darryl

Banned
Our final duel was fated to be, you ain't going nowhere

I gotchu for 3 days

3 days o' night time

You could have me anytime you want if you keep talking dirty to me like this

I've found these lists interesting when I've seen them posted in other threads. It seems like so much guesswork to categorize people and I mean, it's all guesses right now but I'm just trying to find the most suspicious not people people on to teams yet. Anyway, to each their own, I actually wanted to ask a specific question about your list. What makes Rats Off To Ya a town choice as apposed to a neutral choice? I haven't commented on Rats yet and while he has been active enough, no one else really has either so I'm curious of your thoughts.

Everyone in my town pile is based off the tone I get from their posts and where I think they're coming from. The reason I made a list is because I thought I was gonna be a night evict target so I wanted to comment on a bit of everything.

Timeaisis

I'll be honest here, I don't have much analysis on anyone because it's still day one and no one has had a chance to react to deaths yet.

That being said, the one read I am getting right now is that Blargonaut is a neutral player. Possibly serial killer. I'll explain.

The only two posts of note he has made have been the puzzle, which I'm not going to elaborate on why it is crazy. I think that's obvious. The other is the list of "Blargonaut's Suggestions", which leads me the most to my suspicions.

Let's take a look.

It's a bit impenetrable, but don't be worried, I'm not leading you on a wild goose chase! The 3 pieces of info you may potentially find are 100%-verified. At this point, you can probably guess how. ;o

I'm about to name some people for things. However, note that my reasons behind selecting the following targets have no relation whatsoever to the info found in my puzzle:
[*]If there is a switcher role among you, I need you to switch me with Sorian during Night 1.
This implies he has some power to survive night kills. I'm assuming he thinks Sorian is a player worth protecting and that the mafia are likely to kill him. And he'd probably be right: very active "leader" type players are often the target on night one.

[*]If there is an arsonist among you, I want you to douse Tucah.
I don't have any read on this yet. Arsonist is a serial killer type role that can mark a bunch of targets for death and then kill them later. I'm not sure why Blargonaut is concerning himself with who a serial killer should be killing, unless he knows Tucah is scum.

[*]If there is an investigator role among you, I need you to investigate Never Forever; if you're a 'suspicious activity' monitor, I need you to watch Darryl tonight.
Probably has some information on one of these.

[*]Any doctor present needs to protect either OceanicAir or Matt Attack tonight.
Again, likely has information on one of these. Since it's day one I have no idea how, though.

[*]If you're a cultist, I suggest killing RetroMG, ultron87 or Neuromancer.
Now here's the really interesting bit. He's saying that if you are reading this and you are a cultist, you should kill one of these three people. It's worth noting that this "suggestion" has the most names, implying he's more likely to know something about at least one of them. But why, if town-aligned, would he give the mafia good targets to kill? What does that gain the town? The only thing I can see it helping is Blargonaut and the mafia, which, to me, implies a mutual win for the presumed neutral mafia and the town.

Essentially, it seems like Blargonaut is trying provide a win-win for all parties and himself, which looks to me like he's a neutral trying to do the best for himself while trading good outcomes with the rest of the group.

I chose 6 of these 9 suggested targets at random; the remaining 3 were selected based on my own deductions from your discussions and posting behaviours. I'm not going to share my thoughts.

I don't want any of you to waste time discussing my suggestions. Honestly, don't waste your time. Just choose to do it tonight or not. A fully-faithful execution of my Night 1 plan will result in two dead townspeople. You'll get the information you need.

And finally, if I end up as the majority vote to lynch today or end up dead tonight, I want you to rename Barrylocke after me.

*shuts off slightly-barbequed HAM radio*
Finally, he mentions he chose 6 of these at random, so we really have no way of knowing what's actually true. Is this just a layer of misdirection? Who knows. He also mentions that he doesn't want to "waste any time" discussing his suggestions. As if it is a waste of time to discuss anything in the game of mafia. Sounds more like he's trying to protect his identity so he doesn't have to reveal how or why he chose what he did.

Anyway, I don't know if it's enough for an eviction from me, but since he's the player that has stuck out the most to me at the moment, and I know from experience an unchecked, mysterious neutral player often leads to unpredictable (and bad) outcomes for the town, I'll cast a vote his way for now.

VOTE: Blargonaut

After rereading and sleeping on it, there's someone who I'm desperate to hear from about how they're reading other players and what they think about the state of play.

VOTE: Coppanuva

Timeaisis

Bah, typo.

Timeaisis said:
implies a mutual win for the presumed neutral mafia and the town.

*implies a mutal win for the presumed neutral serial killer and the mafia.

----------------------------

Basically, it seems like Blarg is trying to "help" (read: play) both sides.

Top Bottom