• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

Here are my thoughts on a few players:

nin1000- I've attempted to engage nin multiple times, to no avail. He's made a number of this posts up to this point, but they're all sorely lacking in the substance department. I mean, just look at his posts. I'm not able to pull anything from them. He says he doesn't like the word "fluff", and wants us to stop calling it out. And yet, he refuses to list his own candidates because everything he's seen has been fluffy". What? If I'm misunderstanding this, please let me know. We've still got a couple of days left in this phase so I hope he can change my opinion.

RetroMG- I was concerned about you just skating by earlier in the day, but you look to be improving in that regard. I hope you keep it up.

Tucah- I need more from you. Your posts thus far have not won me over. (I suppose this goes for the others who have been relatively inactive too).

Darryl- I'm not sure what to make of how you've been playing. I've pretty much ignored commenting on your time cube/crazy orb thus far because there's really nothing to gain by doing so until we've seen some more verifications. Your posting style has felt awfully confrontational, which isn't a bad thing or anything, but some of the actual things you've said bug me. I don't understand your hostility to my suspicion of Blarg. You don't have to agree with my decision to place a vote on him, but I feel like your comments haven't convinced me that it was a terrible idea (for the record, I am likely to change my vote regardless, but I still wanted to mention this). His posts have been confusing and borderline anti-town. On a day when we have so little information, I don't think it's that strange that we would be wary of somebody who is seemingly intentionally confusing things (of course, I haven't deciphered his puzzles yet so maybe I'm missing out on something really important- I can only speak to the information I have). If this line of suspicion is just a critical thinking failure on my part, I apologize.

Lord of Castamere- My gut feeling is that you're town.

Blargonaut- I SWEAR I'M GOING TO FIGURE IT OUT JUST YOU WAIT

Finally, my buddy Matt Attack. I let you slip past me a few times in the case of suspicion. Early on, I notice that you agreed with me a few times while not actually directly engaging with me:

and

Now I don't mind people agreeing with me. I say a lot so some of it will be sound advice but these comments early on made it so I didn't think much about you and I feel that I have to change that. I was thinking of placing my vote on you now but I will wait until later for that. My main reservation with you is that you appeared to buddy up to me quick and while I am a tourist, I can't take buddies at the moment because we can't trust anyone.

I guess I can understand what you're getting at, but I promise you that I was not attempting to "buddy up" with you. I really did just agree with what you said (it happens to the best of us). Also, note that in both posts you quoted, I offered advice beyond what was quoted. It would be doing those posts a disservice to view them as simple attempts to make allies- they have advice that I legitimately believe is beneficial to town. While they may not have engaged with you specifically, that makes sense- they were directed to all tourists.

If you'd like to know my personal thoughts on you? I don't think you're a cultist at the moment. I get strong CzarTim (from Star Wars Mafia) vibes from you, both in terms of your exceedingly high post count and your proactive approach to the game. That doesn't mean I'm convinced that you're a tourist, but it does mean that I'm firmly against lynching you at this point in the game. Unless some rather condemning information comes up, your current posting style serves to generate discussion, which ultimately helps town. If you've got any questions you'd like to ask me, then go for it- I'll be happy to answer.

Zatoth

Afrocious decided not to play. I'll contacted the first player on the waiting list. So you may have a new player soon.

Sorian

Banned
Everyone in my town pile is based off the tone I get from their posts and where I think they're coming from. The reason I made a list is because I thought I was gonna be a night evict target so I wanted to comment on a bit of everything.

Fair point, I'm expecting either you or myself tonight so maybe I will have to post gut feelings as well, just in case.

I'll be honest here, I don't have much analysis on anyone because it's still day one and no one has had a chance to react to deaths yet.

That being said, the one read I am getting right now is that Blargonaut is a neutral player. Possibly serial killer. I'll explain.

The only two posts of note he has made have been the puzzle, which I'm not going to elaborate on why it is crazy. I think that's obvious. The other is the list of "Blargonaut's Suggestions", which leads me the most to my suspicions.

Let's take a look.

This implies he has some power to survive night kills. I'm assuming he thinks Sorian is a player worth protecting and that the mafia are likely to kill him. And he'd probably be right: very active "leader" type players are often the target on night one.

I don't have any read on this yet. Arsonist is a serial killer type role that can mark a bunch of targets for death and then kill them later. I'm not sure why Blargonaut is concerning himself with who a serial killer should be killing, unless he knows Tucah is scum.

Probably has some information on one of these.

Again, likely has information on one of these. Since it's day one I have no idea how, though.

Now here's the really interesting bit. He's saying that if you are reading this and you are a cultist, you should kill one of these three people. It's worth noting that this "suggestion" has the most names, implying he's more likely to know something about at least one of them. But why, if town-aligned, would he give the mafia good targets to kill? What does that gain the town? The only thing I can see it helping is Blargonaut and the mafia, which, to me, implies a mutual win for the presumed neutral mafia and the town.

Essentially, it seems like Blargonaut is trying provide a win-win for all parties and himself, which looks to me like he's a neutral trying to do the best for himself while trading good outcomes with the rest of the group.

Finally, he mentions he chose 6 of these at random, so we really have no way of knowing what's actually true. Is this just a layer of misdirection? Who knows. He also mentions that he doesn't want to "waste any time" discussing his suggestions. As if it is a waste of time to discuss anything in the game of mafia. Sounds more like he's trying to protect his identity so he doesn't have to reveal how or why he chose what he did.

Anyway, I don't know if it's enough for an eviction from me, but since he's the player that has stuck out the most to me at the moment, and I know from experience an unchecked, mysterious neutral player often leads to unpredictable (and bad) outcomes for the town, I'll cast a vote his way for now.

VOTE: Blargonaut

I like this post, I don't agree with it but I like it. It does illustrate another point of view that I feel is important to consider. Neutral players always seem to be the wrench that helps scum win and figuring out if there is a neutral role in play and what it does is going to be key. I actually think Blarg is trying to help town. That is a complete gut reaction on my part with no basis other than, I want to see what happens during night 1 and cross reference it back to his post.

After rereading and sleeping on it, there's someone who I'm desperate to hear from about how they're reading other players and what they think about the state of play.

VOTE: Coppanuva

I was going to transfer my vote to Matt Attack because I wanted to hear from him next but I will instead wholeheartedly admit that I want to bandwagon this for a bit. I believe I mentioned it in passing as well but a few people brought this up last night. Coppa has provided nothing to the discussion, he has 2-3 posts after the game starts and none of them have meant much and given a point of view. Piggybacking what NF said, I want to know your thoughts on what has happened during day 1 and where your suspicions are falling.

Sorian

Banned
And perfect, Matt Attach didn't need a real prod from me anyway, I'll read his post here in a few, I saw nothing except that he quoted me.

Sorian

Banned
I typo'd your name in my last post. Sorry about that.

I guess I can understand what you're getting at, but I promise you that I was not attempting to "buddy up" with you. I really did just agree with what you said (it happens to the best of us). Also, note that in both posts you quoted, I offered advice beyond what was quoted. It would be doing those posts a disservice to view them as simple attempts to make allies- they have advice that I legitimately believe is beneficial to town. While they may not have engaged with you specifically, that makes sense- they were directed to all tourists.

If you'd like to know my personal thoughts on you? I don't think you're a cultist at the moment. I get strong CzarTim (from Star Wars Mafia) vibes from you, both in terms of your exceedingly high post count and your proactive approach to the game. That doesn't mean I'm convinced that you're a tourist, but it does mean that I'm firmly against lynching you at this point in the game. Unless some rather condemning information comes up, your current posting style serves to generate discussion, which ultimately helps town. If you've got any questions you'd like to ask me, then go for it- I'll be happy to answer.

Your entire post was good. It gives your current reads on different players which is what we need more of and I have no comments about what you've said on other players for now. As for what you said back to me. You make sense, in terms of day 1 suspicions, making sense is probably the best defense. This has actually helped your case with me, whether that comes back to bite me later is something we will have to see. Since you did invite me to ask you a question, I will take this time to just send one your way. What's your current read on Fireblend? I'd urge everyone to give me their thoughts on this one because I haven't seen much one way or the other but I'd like to hear what you think specifically Matt.

Fair point, I'm expecting either you or myself tonight so maybe I will have to post gut feelings as well, just in case.

This is interesting.

I think it's more likely that the first night kill will be somebody who hasn't really attracted much attention to themselves or engaged with other players, as the mafia will be aiming to leave us with as little info as possible. Day 1 is always a bit of a mess, they want to make sure that Day 2 is as close to Day 1 as possible in terms of how much info we have.

It's imperative for mafia that town has as little to go on as possible, for as long as possible.

This is why I really want people to talk about other people. I think some town hope that in keeping their heads down and avoiding conflict they'll just breezily sashay on through Day 1, and nobody wants to be the first to go, but in reality they'll just be sashaying into being a top candidate for the Night 1 kill.

What's your current read on Fireblend? I'd urge everyone to give me their thoughts on this one because I haven't seen much one way or the other but I'd like to hear what you think specifically Matt.

Hasn't left an impression on me. I'll read up on his posts and give you my opinion in a few minutes.

This is interesting.

I think it's more likely that the first night kill will be somebody who hasn't really attracted much attention to themselves or engaged with other players, as the mafia will be aiming to leave us with as little info as possible. Day 1 is always a bit of a mess, they want to make sure that Day 2 is as close to Day 1 as possible in terms of how much info we have.

It's imperative for mafia that town has as little to go on as possible, for as long as possible.

This is why I really want people to talk about other people. I think some town hope that in keeping their heads down and avoiding conflict they'll just breezily sashay on through Day 1, and nobody wants to be the first to go, but in reality they'll just be sashaying into being a top candidate for the Night 1 kill.

It really depends. I would imagine there's a lot of benefit in killing the most active posters for the same reason you said they wouldn't- it would leave town with little info. This is because high posters are obvious targets and need no explanation (town would be weaker without this sort of player). This has happened on GAF before (see Barrylocke's N1 death in the first GAF Mafia game).

Zatoth

t1438974000z0.png

Coppanuva (4)
Rats Off To Ya
Sorian
Never Forever
Darryl

Blargonaut (2)
Matt Attack
Timeaisis

Flame_AC (1)
Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy (1)
Droplet

Rats Off To Ya (1)
Blargonaut

RetroMG (1)
Flame_AC

13 votes are needed to end the day early

RetroMG

What's your current read on Fireblend? I'd urge everyone to give me their thoughts on this one because I haven't seen much one way or the other but I'd like to hear what you think specifically Matt.
Hasn't left an impression on me. I'll read up on his posts and give you my opinion in a few minutes.
I think some town hope that in keeping their heads down and avoiding conflict they'll just breezily sashay on through Day 1, and nobody wants to be the first to go, but in reality they'll just be sashaying into being a top candidate for the Night 1 kill.

I think a lot of this fits together.

Fireblend is playing low. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, because right now there's not a lot of information, and the happy few who are trying to stir some up are stirring up a storm. I do think it's interesting that Fireblend was posting a lot before the day began and kind of shut off once we got going.
It reads to me like he doesn't know where to go, and he doesn't want to commit and risk his neck until he's sure. Which I can understand.
He seems very intent on targeting the inactive players for elimination, which I'm not sure I agree with. (I just wanted to get them talking.)

Fireblend

Banned
Haha, I was in the middle of typing this up while I saw my name come up. Not going back to edit it now, so that first line doesn't really apply now. Ha.

Man, I feel like I got away with not posting much here yesterday, every new post I read expecting someone to suspect me. It was a busy day at work yesterday though, so sorry for my lack of participation. Anyway, here's where I'm at in my understanding of what's going on. Blarg is still Blarg, Darryl is I feel the player with the best "useful content per post" ratio, and Sorian still has 10+ posts and votes per page. Also, I don't think ether Darryl or Blarg are lying. Sorian's posts are more inquisitive than declarative, so I don't think they can be judged much.

I do have something to say though: I'm starting to think that my original intention of voting for whoever had less posts by the time the end of the day was approaching may now seem a little naive, specially with the emergence of some players that seem to have posted only to make their token intro post and not said much of anything else. Those who are 100% silent may be doing so with malicious intents, but I think it's more likely they're just uninterested or oblivious to how to play, which makes replacing them with new players the best choice.

On the other hand, showing up and refusing to speak up after prompted seems to me like it's more inherently suspicious. I think in that sense a townie that posts just enough to not be replaced while providing the least amount of information and discussion is a "less worse" removal compared to the one who's going to get replaced anyway due to total lack of participation. I'm worried in particular about Coppanuva and Tucah. I think Retro could also apply here, but I'd expect him to shake off any suspicions thrown at him simply because he seems to be keeping up with the game.

The suspicions thrown onto Lone Prodigy are interesting, but I still have a hard time distinguishing between true suspiciousness and just people piling onto someone who might have slipped up in his defense.

People I can't decide on: OceanicAir and TheGreatCharleston. The first two seem to dislike Sorian's post frequency, which worries me. I mentioned it above, but I don't think it's bad, and I think people should have gotten his message already that he's using his vote as a ping rather than a condemnation, and taking it as a serious threat at this point either shows they haven't been keeping up or that they're strangely concerned about any suspicions thrown in their direction.

I don't really have reads on other people because even though I've been going back to their posts, I feel like they're swinging too much in my mind to really have a solid read on them I can post about.

Also still thinking about the item, but I'm not sure there's any further discussion we can squeeze out of it until the next day phase.

nin1000

Banned
Here are my thoughts on a few players:

nin1000- I've attempted to engage nin multiple times, to no avail. He's made a number of this posts up to this point, but they're all sorely lacking in the substance department. I mean, just look at his posts. I'm not able to pull anything from them. He says he doesn't like the word "fluff", and wants us to stop calling it out. And yet, he refuses to list his own candidates because everything he's seen has been fluffy". What? If I'm misunderstanding this, please let me know. We've still got a couple of days left in this phase so I hope he can change my opinion.

Sorry i did not see you engange me in any way mate. But you can try now as i am open for a discussion about anything you want.

regarding your second point.
Well nothing i can do about you thinking that i made posts that have no substance, but i can say that your posts have not pushed this game along aswell.

Like i said i do not like that everyone gets called out for fluff posts, since most of them are indeed just grasping and that is what pushes the game forward grasping for anything we can get our hands on. if you want to call that fluff well so be it.

Sorian

Banned
Blarg always finds a way to post things that make sense. Fluff is a buzzword and a lot of us have been using buzzwords since the start. I wouldn't worry so much about the phrasing as I would worry about what people are specifically looking for. Fluff means something different to each of us it looks like. Not gonna speak for anyone else, but when I mention fluff, I am usually talking about posts that aren't getting to the heart of the issue, where our lynch should fall for today. I 100% agree that posts not having to do with that lynch are important too but I, personally, find it suspicious when someone only focuses on those other topics (the item for instance).

Just my two cents on that mater.

Fireblend

Banned
I think a lot of this fits together.

Fireblend is playing low. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, because right now there's not a lot of information, and the happy few who are trying to stir some up are stirring up a storm. I do think it's interesting that Fireblend was posting a lot before the day began and kind of shut off once we got going.
It reads to me like he doesn't know where to go, and he doesn't want to commit and risk his neck until he's sure. Which I can understand.
He seems very intent on targeting the inactive players for elimination, which I'm not sure I agree with. (I just wanted to get them talking.)

And yeah, I will freely admit I'm being cautious about how I approach the first day. I'm a big fan of rational thought and logic, so I get thrown off in situations where I don't have enough information to make a fully informed post. Guess this game will help me with that :p

This is also why I had suggested at first that I'd vote for inactive players. It gave me what I thought would be a good justification to vote for someone without seeming suspicious in the eyes of everyone else, as who posts and who doesn't isn't up to me.

As I already explained it's starting to feel like a cop-out strategy though, and I think that's how people would interpret it, specially as it would seem as if I ignored their arguments against it, which have convinced me to actually be more active in regards to trying to get reads from people like everyone else is, which prompted my previous post.

RetroMG

And yeah, I will freely admit I'm being cautious about how I approach the first day. I'm a big fan of rational thought and logic, so I get thrown off in situations where I don't have enough information to make a fully informed post. Guess this game will help me with that :p

Believe me, I totally understand. When I came into the last game, there was a clear direction for town to go in, and even when that direction faltered, there were clues we could pick up. Day One is harder, because there's... nothing. Sorian is digging as hard as he can, but we have nothing solid to go on.

An additional layer will be added when people start discussing roles, but to be honest, today is mostly about gut feelings. We are not going to find hard, fast evidence today.

I was going to include my current reads, but I'm going to workshop that a little bit and post it later.

My thoughts on Fireblend: Not a lynch candidate for me today. I think that, at the very least, his posts make sense coming from the perspective of a newer player. I will have to watch his behavior over the next few days before it's likely I'll have an opinion on his allegiance. Retro's "playing low" is not a bad descriptor.

Sorry i did not see you engange me in any way mate. But you can try now as i am open for a discussion about anything you want.

regarding your second point.
Well nothing i can do about you thinking that i made posts that have no substance, but i can say that your posts have not pushed this game along aswell.

Like i said i do not like that everyone gets called out for fluff posts, since most of them are indeed just grasping and that is what pushes the game forward grasping for anything we can get our hands on. if you want to call that fluff well so be it.

Don't worry about not seeing my questions for you, I'm sure it happens to all of us.

Anyways, there's a difference between posts not moving the game along and posts not having substance. I'm a shy person, and I've accepted the fact that I'm never going to be as proactive as some players are going to be. Still, I've used my ability to vote to apply pressure on multiple players, I've listed my thoughts on different players at various points throughout the game, and I've engaged players when necessary. Perhaps our play styles are just very different- I'm not saying I'm some sort of paragon example of a player, but I'd wager that if anybody were to compare your posts to mine, the difference in substance would be immediately apparent.

As a result, I'm not able to have a solid opinion on whether you're a tourist or a cultist. A lot of your posts were focused on Darryl's crazy orb, which is a subject I don't think is very useful to talk about at this point (not that I don't understand why you might focus on it, it was quite an interesting claim). Going forward, I'd like to see if you start actively discussion your opinions on other players. I get that it's Day 1 and we don't have much to go on, but we still have to try.

Sorian

Banned
Believe me, I totally understand. When I came into the last game, there was a clear direction for town to go in, and even when that direction faltered, there were clues we could pick up. Day One is harder, because there's... nothing. Sorian is digging as hard as he can, but we have nothing solid to go on.

An additional layer will be added when people start discussing roles, but to be honest, today is mostly about gut feelings. We are not going to find hard, fast evidence today.

I was going to include my current reads, but I'm going to workshop that a little bit and post it later.

Q3OjVSu.gif

Substitute Ubisoft for Sorian.

Also digging in this case is good, I'm trying everyone. I'm confident I'll get something from all of this.

RetroMG

Also digging in this case is good, I'm trying everyone. I'm confident I'll get something from all of this.

I don't think you will today, but I think something you dig up today will be useful in coming days.

Despite how I make fun of you for it, don't stop digging.

Sorian

Banned
I don't think you will today, but I think something you dig up today will be useful in coming days.

Despite how I make fun of you for it, don't stop digging.

That's what I meant, I don't expect to make the discovery of the century and call out the cult leader or something day one. As we get closer to the deadline (probably past the 24 hour mark) I'll share where I feel safest voting day 1 but you just have to accept that day 1 will be a tourist more often than not.

RetroMG

That's what I meant, I don't expect to make the discovery of the century and call out the cult leader or something day one. As we get closer to the deadline (probably past the 24 hour mark) I'll share where I feel safest voting day 1 but you just have to accept that day 1 will be a tourist more often than not.

On this, we agree.

Coppanuva

I was going to transfer my vote to Matt Attack because I wanted to hear from him next but I will instead wholeheartedly admit that I want to bandwagon this for a bit. I believe I mentioned it in passing as well but a few people brought this up last night. Coppa has provided nothing to the discussion, he has 2-3 posts after the game starts and none of them have meant much and given a point of view. Piggybacking what NF said, I want to know your thoughts on what has happened during day 1 and where your suspicions are falling.

Well this isn't quite what I expected to wake up to, but I can see where you're coming from. Honestly, I haven't seen much that makes me suspicious of anyone in particular yet, which is why I've been relatively quiet so far.

I've been monitoring voting patterns for people who seem to vote in packs, and I haven't quite found one yet. No obvious packs voting, but I'm curious how that plays out closer to the end of the day when cultists are more likely to need to band together to make sure they're protected.

I'll read this more this morning and see if I can get a better logic path going.

nin1000

Banned
My thoughts on Fireblend: Not a lynch candidate for me today. I think that, at the very least, his posts make sense coming from the perspective of a newer player. I will have to watch his behavior over the next few days before it's likely I'll have an opinion on his allegiance. Retro's "playing low" is not a bad descriptor.

Don't worry about not seeing my questions for you, I'm sure it happens to all of us.

Anyways, there's a difference between posts not moving the game along and posts not having substance. I'm a shy person, and I've accepted the fact that I'm never going to be as proactive as some players are going to be. Still, I've used my ability to vote to apply pressure on multiple players, I've listed my thoughts on different players at various points throughout the game, and I've engaged players when necessary. Perhaps our play styles are just very different- I'm not saying I'm some sort of paragon example of a player, but I'd wager that if anybody were to compare your posts to mine, the difference in substance would be immediately apparent.

As a result, I'm not able to have a solid opinion on whether you're a tourist or a cultist. A lot of your posts were focused on Darryl's crazy orb, which is a subject I don't think is very useful to talk about at this point (not that I don't understand why you might focus on it, it was quite an interesting claim). Going forward, I'd like to see if you start actively discussion your opinions on other players. I get that it's Day 1 and we don't have much to go on, but we still have to try.

Fair points, since you and especially sorian are pressuring players i dont feeld the need for me to do the same. The thing about the item was a lot more interesting for me than pointing fingers and for the record and i have put down my thoughts about some players fyi, like my thought on Sorian being a crazy person who likes to point fingers but at the end of the day is town player. I said i dont like those who are inactive.
Of course that is not much to take from but i am more of a person who takes their time and in the end makes up his mind about someone. I am sure that i will put down my thoughts about several players before the day ends.

Hope that helps you get into my mindset a bit more. If you have further questions feel free to ask them since i am now at work and there is not much to do :p

nin1000

Banned

I hope so too but atm i doubt it, it feels more of a forced thing and reminds me of LaunchpadMc. Sorry , but thats how i feel right now.

Sorian

Banned
Well this isn't quite what I expected to wake up to, but I can see where you're coming from. Honestly, I haven't seen much that makes me suspicious of anyone in particular yet, which is why I've been relatively quiet so far.

I've been monitoring voting patterns for people who seem to vote in packs, and I haven't quite found one yet. No obvious packs voting, but I'm curious how that plays out closer to the end of the day when cultists are more likely to need to band together to make sure they're protected.

I'll read this more this morning and see if I can get a better logic path going.

I look forward to your next post. Help me help you. I'm ready to move along but I'm looking for something from everyone that I've pinged and I haven't seen it from you yet. Just talk me through some things you find suspicious.

Sorian

Banned
I hope so too but atm i doubt it, it feels more of a forced thing and reminds me of LaunchpadMc. Sorry , but thats how i feel right now.

For the sake of myself and others who may not have read any games where Launch played, what does this actually mean? All Launch is to me is a mean bear that is posting lewd gifs in his mafia thread.

Sorian

Banned
And sorry, to explain why I ask further, I don't remember exactly who mentioned each but I've been compared to CzarTim and Launch a few times but someone who compared me to Tim dropped why they thought that so I got a read on why they compared me to Tim, I don't know if a comparison to Launch is good or bad though.

nin1000

Banned
For the sake of myself and others who may not have read any games where Launch played, what does this actually mean? All Launch is to me is a mean bear that is posting lewd gifs in his mafia thread.

He was the main poster in the AC thread and was posting for the sake of posting.
I like that, since it keeps the game alive and the discussion, but it can also be annyoing aswell :p

Sorian

Banned
He was the main poster in the AC thread and was posting for the sake of posting.
I like that, since it keeps the game alive and the discussion, but it can also be annyoing aswell :p

Fair, I'll probably end up being fairly annoying. My post count keeps getting padded to because I submit reply quick and then realize I can't edit so I have to add another post, etc. etc.

Coppanuva is an interesting case. Most of his posts have been very low key discussion, but his last post was very suspicious. Very, I don't want to draw attention so I'll swoop in at the end of the day and vote. I don't have enough for a solid read though. I mean his two posts were essentially "tomorrow" and "I got nothing". If anything I'd just like to see a post or two more.

GreatCharleston struck me as odd earlier, with the filler and some odd posts, but has won me over of late. I'll be watching though.
Oceanicair really hasn't set off any alarms.
I'm watching flameac closely. I'm expecting a slip up soon. Too clean.
Timeasasis seems inactive but the posts he's done have had substance. Not enough for read, but nothing scummy in what I've read.

I think that's everyone in recent voting.

I agree with everyone though. 2 things; going forward I'm going to care less about total posts and more about post content, and fluff is fine but you need substantial discussion inbetween. 100% filler is bad.

I'll be honest here, I don't have much analysis on anyone because it's still day one and no one has had a chance to react to deaths yet.

That being said, the one read I am getting right now is that Blargonaut is a neutral player. Possibly serial killer. I'll explain.

The only two posts of note he has made have been the puzzle, which I'm not going to elaborate on why it is crazy. I think that's obvious. The other is the list of "Blargonaut's Suggestions", which leads me the most to my suspicions.

Let's take a look.

This implies he has some power to survive night kills. I'm assuming he thinks Sorian is a player worth protecting and that the mafia are likely to kill him. And he'd probably be right: very active "leader" type players are often the target on night one.

I don't have any read on this yet. Arsonist is a serial killer type role that can mark a bunch of targets for death and then kill them later. I'm not sure why Blargonaut is concerning himself with who a serial killer should be killing, unless he knows Tucah is scum.

Probably has some information on one of these.

Again, likely has information on one of these. Since it's day one I have no idea how, though.

Now here's the really interesting bit. He's saying that if you are reading this and you are a cultist, you should kill one of these three people. It's worth noting that this "suggestion" has the most names, implying he's more likely to know something about at least one of them. But why, if town-aligned, would he give the mafia good targets to kill? What does that gain the town? The only thing I can see it helping is Blargonaut and the mafia, which, to me, implies a mutual win for the presumed neutral mafia and the town.

Essentially, it seems like Blargonaut is trying provide a win-win for all parties and himself, which looks to me like he's a neutral trying to do the best for himself while trading good outcomes with the rest of the group.

Finally, he mentions he chose 6 of these at random, so we really have no way of knowing what's actually true. Is this just a layer of misdirection? Who knows. He also mentions that he doesn't want to "waste any time" discussing his suggestions. As if it is a waste of time to discuss anything in the game of mafia. Sounds more like he's trying to protect his identity so he doesn't have to reveal how or why he chose what he did.

Anyway, I don't know if it's enough for an eviction from me, but since he's the player that has stuck out the most to me at the moment, and I know from experience an unchecked, mysterious neutral player often leads to unpredictable (and bad) outcomes for the town, I'll cast a vote his way for now.

VOTE: Blargonaut

Oh TimeyWhymeWibblyWobbly

gd5aMup.gif

It's fun pitting archaeologists against each other

Sorian

Banned
I would like to point out (and I jumped in on it too so by all means, cast suspicious eyes on me as well if you must) that the bandwagon for Coppa is getting bigger. It may be nothing but if it holds strong until the time voting begins, I'd have to wonder if any Cultists latched on to it hoping to hide within a vote for a known tourist.

gd5aMup.gif

Off-topic here for a moment, what is this gif from?

nin1000

Banned
I would like to point out (and I jumped in on it too so by all means, cast suspicious eyes on me as well if you must) that the bandwagon for Coppa is getting bigger. It may be nothing but if it holds strong until the time voting begins, I'd have to wonder if any Cultists latched on to it hoping to hide within a vote for a known tourist.

Are you implyng that one of the following players are cultists ?
  • Rats Off To Ya
  • Sorian
  • Never Forever
  • Lord of Castamere

It can be but it also cant so there you go :p

Sorian

Banned
  • Rats Off To Ya
  • Sorian
  • Never Forever
  • Lord of Castamere

Darryl is also on this train.

But yes, I am insinuating that to be the case. It's an offhand comment to get people thinking.

To be fair, I did this specifically to get Coppa to post. I will remove my vote if he removes my suspicion or if we get close to majority. That said, as of right now, I see Coppa as a good Day1 lynchee.

Sorian

Banned
To be a tad more specific, Rats started off the vote and it's gained the most momentum from any of the other bandwagons we've seen so far. It could be nothing (it's day 1, everything could be nothing) but if it is something, I present two scenarios:

One person on that list is cultist. The later they voted for Coppa, the higher chance they have of being cultist. Starting with Rats at close to 0% and ending at LoC with the highest chance.

Two people on that list are cultist. One is using the same reasoning as above and the second is Rats who agreed to try and start a bandwagon that appeared to be brewing.

Sorian

Banned
To be fair, I did this specifically to get Coppa to post. I will remove my vote if he removes my suspicion or if we get close to majority. That said, as of right now, I see Coppa as a good Day1 lynchee.

I only mention it because your timing seemed off. Coppa had just posted recently saying that he would line something up and come back with anything logical he found. If we were just trying to push him with votes then we seem successful at the moment. He could leave us hanging, of course, but it's too soon to tell in that case.

Also worth me saying that Blarg did communicate something to you. Maybe it's this? Idk, Never Forever seemed to figure out the puzzle too and his vote is also on Coppa at the moment.

nin1000

Banned

I understand that, i for one dont understand why Coppa is being that inactive, since he popped out saying " i just woke up to this" but did not even followed up his post by defending himself. Coppa , if you read this ! SPEAK TO US FOR FUCKS SAKE !

RetroMG

To throw out one piece of info: Coppa did say earlier that he was travelling. Now, I think that was supposed to be done by now, but things do happen.

I'm not saying he's not suspicious, just trying to be fair about this whole thing. He's definitely worth keeping an eye on, but he might not be our guy.

Off-topic here for a moment, what is this gif from?

If you unvote Coppanuva, I'll tell you. :)

Thanks for the response Nin. I'll take you word for it and chalk my issues up to us having different playstyles for now, but I'll of course be playing close attention to your posts still.

To be a tad more specific, Rats started off the vote and it's gained the most momentum from any of the other bandwagons we've seen so far. It could be nothing (it's day 1, everything could be nothing) but if it is something, I present two scenarios:

One person on that list is cultist. The later they voted for Coppa, the higher chance they have of being cultist. Starting with Rats at close to 0% and ending at LoC with the highest chance.

Two people on that list are cultist. One is using the same reasoning as above and the second is Rats who agreed to try and start a bandwagon that appeared to be brewing.

Alternate possibility: a shocking plot twist reveals that they're all cultists... including Coppa.

For real though, it is likely there's a cultist who snuck onto the bandwagon, even if Coppa were to flip cultist in the end (in which case being on the bandwagon would be used as a defense).

Sorian

Banned
In one scenario Rats is totally innocent, and in the other he's absolutely guilty? Huh?

A good mafia is always going to try and look totally innocent, if they are successful then there usually isn't much to talk about. I just provided a theory that could have happened, I have no evidence for it. The cultist hunt I'd be interested in those two scenarios is the one that stayed constant in both of my theories.

I only mention it because your timing seemed off. Coppa had just posted recently saying that he would line something up and come back with anything logical he found. If we were just trying to push him with votes then we seem successful at the moment. He could leave us hanging, of course, but it's too soon to tell in that case.

Also worth me saying that Blarg did communicate something to you. Maybe it's this? Idk, Never Forever seemed to figure out the puzzle too and his vote is also on Coppa at the moment.

I actually hadn't saw that post when I posted mine. Not that his new post changes anything. He's delayed twice now. I'll unvote when actal impressionsare are posted.

Timeaisis

gd5aMup.gif

Never change, blarg.

• Rats Off To Ya
  • Sorian
  • Never Forever
  • Lord of Castamere

Four players isn't much of a bandwagon, though. I'd imagine cultist votes would be more of a lynchipin vote to seal the majority, like the last 20% needed to lynch, but maybe not.

Although now that Blarg has voted (is that 5?), maybe there will be more.

Coppanuva

Alternate possibility: a shocking plot twist reveals that they're all cultists... including Coppa.

For real though, it is likely there's a cultist who snuck onto the bandwagon, even if Coppa were to flip cultist in the end (in which case being on the bandwagon would be used as a defense).

If that's the possibility you're hoping for you're sorely mistaken. If a townsperson gets evicted this first day, there's certainly worse choices we could make than me.

I'm still in with the logic that a cultist is likely voting on me at some point, especially now that the count of votes on me is 6. Unfortunately, there's not many consistencies between voting patterns so far, so nothing that pairs 2 people together as constantly voting on people yet...

Honestly?

The people whose votes are currently on Coppanuva were the only people who I was leaning towards being town based on how their posts are reading and where they're coming from, and I'm fairly confident that I won't be voting for any of them today.

But we weren't successful. Saying that he would come back with impressions soon isn't the same as actually giving us his impressions. It's not a reason to let up the pressure and move onto the next suspect.

Top Bottom