• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Gamescom Active Time Report - CNN reporting live from disaster scene

Famassu

They realistically said the game is not far in development?
Just because airships aren't in doesn't mean the rest of the game isn't far along. They are saying that they'd want to squeeze in adding airships into this game if they can, but that they can't promise that it's possible within the time they have left for the development of this game. Again, that sounds like they are trying to hold on to the release date that they have decided for this game instead of still being willing to delay the game to get additional features in..

2016:

Final Fantasy XV release date indefinitely postponed
Final Fantasy: Latin Subtitle announced

2017:

Final Fantasy: Latin Subtitle renamed "Final Fantasy XV" at TGS
"Final Fantasy XV" renamed "Final Fantasy Versus," release date listed as "2018"

2018:

Final Fantasy XV releases Fall 2018, sequel/spinoff teased
Final Fantasy Versus "will have more information soon"

2020:

Final Fantasy XV: More Latin, a mobile sequel, is announced
Final Fantasy Versus development passes to Kawazu, who names it Final Fantasy Legends III for the Nintendo Phone

AgeEighty

think i'm officially out on FFXV. outside of the enemy designs the game doesn't even look that good. the demo's did nothing but worsen the situation for me as the combat was just bad.

This is the company everybody seems exuberantly willing to allow to come up with a new combat system in FFVII Remake.

SPAW

It was just a few weeks ago that you guys were bashing me and everyone else saying that this game is still in development.

You guys were saying it was going to come out this year or early next year at the latest....

I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist

whether or not that "bashing" was correct or not must be based on the evidence that we had at that time, not inferred from later evidence (as you seem to be doing).

BahamutPT

Just say upfront the story has completely changed.
"Oh the sad/dramatic bit is still there" - But if it's not the overall arc it's not really the story itself, merely a part of it.

Wavebossa

2016:

Final Fantasy XV release date indefinitely postponed
Final Fantasy: Latin Subtitle announced

2017:

Final Fantasy: Latin Subtitle renamed "Final Fantasy XV" at TGS
"Final Fantasy XV" renamed "Final Fantasy Versus," release date listed as "2018"

2018:

Final Fantasy XV releases Fall 2018, sequel/spinoff teased
Final Fantasy Versus "will have more information soon"

2020:

Final Fantasy XV: More Latin, a mobile sequel, is announced
Final Fantasy Versus development passes to Kawazu, who names it Final Fantasy Legends III for the Nintendo Phone

Most realistic post in this thread :(

They are just starting the marketing from this moment, no need to get so butthurt about this mediocre Gamescom showing. Just focus on games that are being shown at the moment and then start following FFXV when they start showing it more.
You think this was a good start for their marketing? It was shit. Absolute and total shit.

jett

D-Member
According to Tabata FFXV has been in development for 3 years already, right?

How can this be what they have to show for themselves?

Philippo

More than fine with me if they keep bird-view for airship, i like that more.

Feel free to add fully scaled airship as DLC, it definitely isnt an easy task to do that in such a big world.

edit: "Dead game" now? c'mon you guys are exaggerating as always.

Socivol

ATR: Please be excited edition. Terrrrrrrrrrible why did they hype this up as the kick off to their marketing when this is seriously just a bunch of non answers?

Talk is cheap. These people don't seem to understand...

I never understand why they are so careful about answering anything about the story given how fricking long the game will be. They should learn a lot from CD Projekt Red...

Now they are talking about cosplay...I will never watch one of these again, that is for sure.

Ganondorfo

Omg the villain will be the best ever, can't wait, that villain will be cooler than Kefka, Kuja, Sephiroth, Ultimecia, Vayne.

Wanderer5

Bleh how lame. And really, airship DLC???

This thread
TtLRQs4.gif

But this ATB
yhXV2yQ.gif

When is Lightning Returns PC tbh

Wait that still hasn't come out yet? Wasn't it suppose to come in the spring.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Same damn garbage as PLL. They drag out questions people really want to know answers to and all they say is "Well, we can't answer today".

I mean, what the actual.

Skilletor

Just because airships aren't in doesn't mean the rest of the game isn't far along. They are saying that they'd want to squeeze in adding airships into this game if they can, but that they can't promise that it's possible within the time they have left for the development of this game. Again, that sounds like they are trying to hold on to the release date that they have decided for this game instead of still being willing to delay the game to get additional features in..

Dude, they're reading from storyboards. Like...seriously. There's no defense for this. They're not announcing a release date because they don't have one.

To sum up this ATR - It's literally been them saying 'we can't reveal much more information about that at the moment, but please look forward to future updates' on just about every topic. Fucking hell. I'm legit fuming.

The patience we've all had for the past 9 years, and this is all they can offer? Especially after skipping E3? Fucking clowns.

Top Bottom