• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

Vagrant

lol they are starting to attack for things that aren't even spoilers lol.

I don't actually care about spoilers, but I think the problem people have with your posts are that they seem to be in bad taste. It comes across as straight bragging/rubbing it in people's faces that you have the game. Plenty of people have the game, and if they want impressions there's already a thread for it.

"Heeeeey guys want to hear how awesome this new thing is!!!!! Wow, can't wait until you see the part that comes in half way!!! I've seen and it's great! But yeah uh keep looking forward to ittt while you wait"

HardRojo

Hi everyone. I've played all MGS games before but I hardly recall the details. Is there any place I can go to and read every detail I need to know before playing TPP? I've been really looking forward to this game but I realized I've forgotten some stuff and simply ignored other things. Like I have no clue who Venom Snake is or those theories surrounding Chico, Paz and Quiet. Thanks.

Yes. No. Who knows. Use PM if you really need to know, not here.

Hi everyone. I've played all MGS games before but I hardly recall the details. Is there any place I can go to and read every detail I need to know before playing TPP? I've been really looking forward to this game but I realized I've forgotten some stuff and simply ignored other things. Like I have no clue who Venom Snake is or those theories surrounding Chico, Paz and Quiet. Thanks.

Read the Backstory bit available in GZ, It'll fill you up with important events between MGS 3 and GZ. I'm sure there'll be one in TPP as well.

Keep away from the Wiki though, it's full of spoilers.

Venom Fox

Banned
I don't actually care about spoilers, but I think the problem people have with your posts are that they seem to be in bad taste. It comes across as straight bragging/rubbing it in people's faces that you have the game. Plenty of people have the game, and if they want impressions there's already a thread for it.

"Heeeeey guys want to hear how awesome this new thing is!!!!! Wow, can't wait until you see the part that comes in half way!!! I've seen and it's great! But yeah uh keep looking forward to ittt while you wait"
I like how your post just fell flat on its face.
The post your referring to wasn't even about me owning the game, it was about a feature that we have been discussing in the spoiler thread that
1) hasn't even been confirmed
2) isn't even in the game as of yet so how could I be bragging and rubbing it in people's faces when the feature in question isn't even a feature in the game yet?

So please tell me again how I'm bragging?

Edit: Oh and the post you quoted was about Dawg and Brau...

Embearded

Someone in the impressions thread says he is 100 hours in the game.
By the time i'll have it and thats the pc launch time, he will be bored of it...

Sigfodr

Hey MGS GAF how are you all doing. i have been away playing MGS 5 these past 3 days and i have completed it.

I love y'all but we're not discussing anything about TPP experienced by those with the game in here. This is the only spoiler-free
ish
place right now. Please help keep it that way.
There is a really decent reddit post going over the timeline. I'll try to find it, but if anyone else has the link, it's good.

CNrzoy5UAAA2-mR.png:large

Vagrant

I like how your post just fell flat on its face.
The post your referring to wasn't even about me owning the game, it was about a feature that we have been discussing in the spoiler thread that
1) hasn't even been confirmed
2) isn't even in the game as of yet so how could I be bragging and rubbing it in people's faces when the feature in question isn't even a feature in the game yet?

So please tell me again how I'm bragging?

Oh because I quoted the wrong post, it does? Interesting. Here I'll fix it for you:

Right so I've had the game for 3 days now, for those of you who haven't gotten the game yet SERIOUSLY don't know what your in for. By far the best MGS ever to grace the earth.
I don't know what some of these reviewers were thinking by saying that the story "wasn't there", the story IS everywhere, shitloads of tapes, hidden cutscenes everywhere you look. Even one of the side ops missions that seemed straight forward, mutated into 2 different story missions ala TW3.

Tl;dr: Look everywhere and you will find the story, the reviewers clearly didn't play the game they way it's meant to be played.

I know what'll get you all even more hyped.

People in the spoiler thread did some digging into what that whole "can only be done in video games" thing Kojima said for people who owned GZ.
Well they found some pretty awesome and solid evidence (from TPP and GZ) as to what that may be, let me just say that it's very KOJIMA. It may be the downfall of Kojima but it could be the single most amazing and batshit crazy thing I've ever heard in my life.

Yes, because everyone here definitely wants to hear what's going on in the spoiler thread. Brilliant. I have the game so I don't give a shit, just explaining why people are replying to your shit with kermit. Plus like you say the one thing is speculation, and very possibly wrong or it's true and a spoiler, so why come in trying to hype it? People have hype in here, just go enjoy the game rather than being all "I (possibly) know something you don't know!" under the guise of it being for their benefit.

It's pretty unbearable. I don't usually get this way waiting for a game. I was pretty patient just a few days ago but now I'm all antsy. I do hope my copy arrives tomorrow now that I'll have to stare at the OT in Gaming for a whole day :(

Same here, was patient but getting real restless now with just a day left. Your copy could arrive tomorrow. Didn't quite a few people here get theirs delivered early? Either way, hold tight!

OT5 is closer than you think. This OT went up this week and we're already hitting 100 pages.

Have we already picked someone for OT5?

That is amazing.

Vally

What I fear is how close the MGSV OT2 will be, since I have to make that and I have the feeling it will reach 400 pages in a matter of days u_uU

Top Bottom