• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been watching some builds n realizing more n more all I want of the CCBS SW sets is Jango so I can use his armor to build some Toa Nuva. I do think the TFA SW CCBS sets in 2016 will outshine the current ones.

Also for Bionicle fans the iOS Bionicle game has been updated so u can play Ekimu and fight the Skull Warriors.

Fowler

Got up a little earlier this morning (so er, 10am) to hit Toys R Us before work. Grabbed Rey's Speeder and Poe's X-Wing. Weirdly, the TRU I went to had virtually no Force Awakens stuff... except for LEGO, and they had plenty of everything!

Not LEGO, but I did snag the BB-8 Sphero from another story, so that was everything on my Force Friday list taken care of!

aww crap, i'm gonna have to get it, aren't i?

I probably will pass this year. I get them for exclusive XMas themed minifigs.

It's pretty much
C3PO head with beard on Santa body
R2-D2 with "antlers"

I didn't put spoilers because they are on the box. Spoiler would be which day you get them IMO.

I probably will pass this year. I get them for exclusive XMas themed minifigs.

It's pretty much
C3PO head with beard on Santa body
R2-D2 with "antlers"

I didn't put spoilers because they are on the box. Spoiler would be which day you get them IMO.

Tx mate, you just saved me 30 euro (or however many it would have been ) ;)

Tx mate, you just saved me 30 euro (or however many it would have been ) ;)

I have to backtrack a bit. I was mistaken about C3PO. Its torso is a unique print, but still meh to me. There are some other nice minifigs, but not worth it for me.

Once they start including TFA stuff, I may find next year's more interesting.

3696c55fd9c7e552bf179e2771930785.jpg

You can see all the items here. Just scroll down or search for calendar.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-summer-2015-official-box-art-images/

Fishlake

I saw some pictures of General Grievous standing next to Tahu, he is huge and I really like how they built him.

I think I will get him and Darth Vader in the future.

Went to Wal-Mart while waiting to get my check this morning, did not see the X-Wing alas but finally got the Mystery Machine so all I have left is that mansion. If only I could find the monster minifigs...

I have to backtrack a bit. I was mistaken about C3PO. Its torso is a unique print, but still meh to me. There are some other nice minifigs, but not worth it for me.

Once they start including TFA stuff, I may find next year's more interesting.

3696c55fd9c7e552bf179e2771930785.jpg

You can see all the items here. Just scroll down or search for calendar.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-summer-2015-official-box-art-images/

hmmmm sortofwant.gif now

a couple cool microbuilds seemingly like that A-Wing and the Falcon plus is that some sort of special cape/accessory i spy there on that middle Ewok?

Oh well, i'll wait a while and see...

and yeah i'd be down for a UCS BB-8 for sure!! This time they better get the round parts right though

Alright, I'm done for the day.

My first Falcon so I'm looking forward to it. I'll likely get the full wave as there are so many solid looking figs. I'm even coming around on Kylo Ren's shuttle. Then there's that Phasma fig...

Ok maybe I'm not done for the day.

Went to the Lego shop in Meadowhall today, didn't actually buy anything but Grievous looks awesome. Of course, if I get him I'll need to get Obi-Wan for him to fight.
Interestingly, they weren't selling the Star Wars advent calendar. They said there was some 'issue', so they were waiting before putting them on the shelves.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys keep the boxes of the sets you build? I still have like 32 DC/Marvel sets unopened in my closet due to the fact that I have no where to display all the sets. Was wondering if you guys open a few, build them, display them for a month of so, then break them down and put them back in their box?

Do you guys keep the boxes of the sets you build? I still have like 32 DC/Marvel sets unopened in my closet due to the fact that I have no where to display all the sets. Was wondering if you guys open a few, build them, display them for a month of so, then break them down and put them back in their box?

When i break things down I sort them into tinier boxes or bags. It's just so much more space-efficient. I do think i have a storage container full of flattened boxes from most of my sets tucked away someplace though.

Depends on a number of factors.

- What do the boxes mean to you? Resale value? Collectible for yourself?
I only keep boxes for sets I think the box will help with resale value. Even then, I collapse them keeping them in as good condition I can.

- Space
Using LEGO boxes for storage is least efficient in terms of space.

- Keeping pieces for a specific model together.
I recommend using plastic ziploc type bags. You can store in original box or any container. I prefer plastic containers.

I toss manuals for sets I don't plan on building frequently. Digital instructions are easily available nowadays for modern sets. When your collection becomes large, they take up a lot of space and are heavy. I will rip off the cover and keep that so I know what sets I have.

I just toss the boxes out. If they are from older sets and I like the alternate models on the back, I'll cut it out with scissors and toss everything else out.

ghostmind

I flatten the boxes, and put them in storage.

For the sets that aren't built, I keep them in ziploc bags, which are then stored en masse in large plastic tubs.

TheFuzz

Guys I'm screwed.

I haven't touched Star Wars Lego in 14 years. I once got a box of clonetroopers from a Wal-Mart manager and eventually sold them for $700 to pay for car parts when I was 16....

I saw the Falcon and Poe's X-Wing at Target today. I'm in trouble. I want them. Now. And I know once I enter that dark doorway again, Lego will have me where they want me. UCS Slave I almost got me this year, but I can't resist much longer.

Tell me it will all be okay and I don't need them. Please. Tell me.

Guys I'm screwed.

I haven't touched Star Wars Lego in 14 years. I once got a box of clonetroopers from a Wal-Mart manager and eventually sold them for $700 to pay for car parts when I was 16....

I saw the Falcon and Poe's X-Wing at Target today. I'm in trouble. I want them. Now. And I know once I enter that dark doorway again, Lego will have me where they want me. UCS Slave I almost got me this year, but I can't resist much longer.

you came to the wrong place buddy!

TheFuzz

I know. I caught the modular bug and gave in. But I've been pretty good about resisting Star Wars, knowing that it's a money pit. But maybe if I only do the ships I really want, right? That's okay, isn't it?

Also, I'm in the minority's but Kylo Ren's ship looks great to me. I really, really like it.

Guys I'm screwed.

You need them more than you think.

In fact, you need to get the Red Five Sex Wing before it disappears.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Wall-E was a fun build, the neck is definitely disappointing and I hope LEGO offers a free fix for those who bought him.

Maengun1

Finally finished working on the Scooby sets. I got all of them but the Mystery Plane, as I didn't really care for the plane itself as a set, and who needs a 5th Shaggy/Scooby, right?

I did want a Headless Horseman minifig though....but upon noticing that the Mystery Mansion contained 2 of the pumpkin head pieces, I simply grabbed a LOTR Ringwraith out of the box of minifigs in my closet and .... voila!

PHPsE6w.jpg

WG0tMWI.jpg

Now I need to trackdown the series 14 monsters, and start getting ready for Halloween.

Guys I'm screwed.

Stick with the really expensive items like Slave I. Those are most likely to increase in value over time. Think of those as an investment. Falcon may not increase too high since they just had one a couple years ago. You should be good though as you could probably sell it a bit above MSRP used if you keep it in good condition and keep the boxes and instructions in good shape.

The fact you are posted in this thread indicates you really do want to buy them. Search your feelings.

There's a reason why people call X-Wing, Sex-Wing.

Fishlake

Guys I'm screwed.

This is not the place to go to be told you don't need Legos.

Just create a spare savings account for Legos. Then save up for the ones you want.

Guys I'm screwed.

Hi. Welcome to Enabler-Gaf. Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Only you know your financial situation but if you're expecting the people who frequent this thread to tell you that these purchases are not loads of fun, you are sorely mistaken.

Ponn

Banned
Haha, I was just going to post the Scooby Plane I just finished to interrupt the Star Wars mania so thats funny. I need to build my Mixer tomorrow and then Jokerland so I can really start to work on my Halloween moc. I got the fabric for the carousel so I have all the parts now. Anywho yea I actually do recommend the Scooby plane and I know people are passing it up. It has some unique parts like these

I love these exhaust pieces and they are going to come in handy when I get around to my Airship moc.

The figs are cool, love the headless horseman and I needed a white horse for my Gandalf. The Scooby with goggles is also awesome looking.

The plane is cute but yea I don't expect anyone to keep it together. For 20 bucks though the unique pieces and colors are worth it along with the figs and horse.

I did build something for Force Day though.
*pew pew* I would have got it away with it to if it wasn't for those rebel scum kids.

Back to your regularly scheduled Force Day.

Nah, I used to but then I realized if I kept this up i'd start becoming a hoarder and i'd have a whole closet full of Lego boxes. Didn't want that.

mrkgoo

So I fell for the hype and picked up a wall e.

It was apparently selling out like hot cakes at our local store and they said they'd likely only get one shipment so I nabbed the last one.

So I fell for the hype and picked up a wall e.

It was apparently selling out like hot cakes at our local store and they said they'd likely only get one shipment so I nabbed the last one.
Such a great set except for the neck. Such a terrible oversight that is hard to forgive, even if everything else is A+ with that set.

I was really bummed I missed out on like half of the Simpsons Series 2 but I'm in Dallas for a week and I happened upon the Dallas Lego Store and holy cow, they have a TON of them. Time to complete my collection!!!

I was really bummed I missed out on like half of the Simpsons Series 2 but I'm in Dallas for a week and I happened upon the Dallas Lego Store and holy cow, they have a TON of them. Time to complete my collection!!!

It doesn't help you, but UK folk can get these in Sainsbury's at five for a fiver.

Don't you still work at a LEGO store?
Glad you were able to find some, but how did you miss out if you work at a LEGO store?

Don't you still work at a LEGO store?
Glad you were able to find some, but how did you miss out if you work at a LEGO store?

A couple reasons but mainly I just kept putting off going in to feel them out because I was too busy and then when I finally had the time it was too late ):

Osahi

Jang has posted new tfa reviews. Now i am in doubt for the Tie. It is expensive for what you get... Must have the X-wing though. Snowspeeder confirms my assumptions: it's the weakest of the bunch. Maybe if the vehicle turns out iconic, but I don't think that will be the case.

mrkgoo

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I have a new favorite display piece of 2015. Massive Grievous is massive.

Also, Obi-Wan's proportions are terrific. He looked a bit wonky on the box but the end result looks great. As someone else pointed out I think the fact that he's wearing armor really helps. Love the new giant light sabers.

It's way larger than I expected. Also slightly less possible than I would've thought because the double ball joints at each leg joint.

Still such a great show piece though. I was going to make it a desk you but it's kinda too big....

What spares did you get? I only got two: a black technic connector and a Gray half-connector (whatever it's called) - which leads me to the other question - what is the purpose of the two Gray half connectors that get inserted into the back part of the feet? Doesn't seem to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom