• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fowler

11951401_152824875056978_4935948429380575411_n.jpg

11953057_152824871723645_5875576567645411921_n.jpg

Wait, is that Toys R Us in Hong Kong?

Well even IF they're sold out, it's even more unlikely they will be OOP that soon so everyone that wants one WILL get one eventually (99% sure lol).

I know about the Zombies set and research institute but those really were the exception rather than the norm. I guess all i am trying to say is that i don't like this new "trend" of even having to worry about basic production lines like SW or Scooby Doo, entire waves of stuff that will likely stay in print for years.

Zombies was a retailer exclusive in the US was it not? And research institute was an Ideas set so these 2 were at least SOMEWHAT special compared to regular waves of a theme.

I agree for the most part regarding regular theme releases. LEGO has a big commitment with Scooby Doo IMO with all those new moulds. So I think they would have done a big production run to justify the costs of the new moulds. Star Wars sets like the new Millenium Falcon will be around for 2 years at least. Jurassic World is an exception.

For the most part, I do tend to wait for sale prices on sets which means not buying during the initial release. That backfired on me with the Jurassic World sets. I almost missed out on the exclusive raptor set.

However, they produce different sets in different quantities. For example, I'm sure Mystery Machine and the cheapest set were produced in much higher quantities than any of the other sets. So there shouldn't be any worries at all for the first 6 - 12 months.

I am a bit worried about Jurassic World sets though. I think demand exceeded expectations by a lot. It was the opposite of the last dinosaur theme release so I think LEGO may have produced more on the lower side.
Even the non-exclusive raptor set sells out quickly whenever it comes in stock. I didn't nab the non-exclusive raptor set when I had the chance and now it is hard to find for me.

The hype is so strong, I love it. Everybody (including me) is so excited to spend a ton of cash on merchandise for a movie we haven't seen.

The big question for me is....Falcon or Sphero BB8 toy?

tumblr_lp2vbk2W1W1qablpd.gif

I'm probably going Sphero if I don't do both. Feel like the Falcon might be easier to get.

Osahi

Yeah, that sphero. I just feel like it will grow old fast or something. I stick to the falcon, i'll just grab it from s@h, have some points to spend.

ghostmind

The hype is so strong, I love it. Everybody (including me) is so excited to spend a ton of cash on merchandise for a movie we haven't seen.

The big question for me is....Falcon or Sphero BB8 toy?

I'm going with the sphero, providing I can find it tomorrow morning.

Picking up the LEGO sets tonight hopefully.

Jimbro72

I'm intrigued by that sphero BB-8, even more so since I have that big electronic voice activated R2 that came out about 8-10 yrs ago, but seeing the size of this, makes the $150 price tag a bit tough to swallow. It's like the size of a pop can, isn't it? I haven't seen video of it in action yet, so maybe that would make a difference. But for the price, I would have hoped it be something more in line with the size of that R2. Or even half that size. So for now, I'm skipping it as that money can just go towards more LEGO. Assuming it can still be found in the weeks/months to come, I could certainly change my mind and get it but right now I'm trying to stick to just LEGO and books when it comes to my SW collecting.

mrkgoo

I couldn't go to the midnight launch but I checked the website and hopefully the new Lego construction figures are hopefully in.

I feel bad though, because I want the General Greivous one more than the darth vader one...

So has everything outside of the 6 movies & the Clone Wars (and Rebels) considered non-canon now?

They'll have to pry the Hoojibs from my cold, dead hands.

Planetofthehoojibs.jpg

BB8 looks awesome, but I expect he'd not get much use after day 1. I'll be getting the Falcon.

Jimbro72

Now that is just amazing. And obscure! I had to look it up right now since I've never heard of it but I should have guessed it came from the early 80's and not something a lot more recent. Almost looks like something right out of the Star Wars Christmas special.

Now let's see you MOC a LEGO Hoojib.

I couldn't go to the midnight launch but I checked the website and hopefully the new Lego construction figures are hopefully in.

I feel bad though, because I want the General Greivous one more than the darth vader one...

Don't. Grievous is a PERFECT fit for this line, i mean hell, he already IS pretty much a Droid, so this mechanical, technical look would of course look best on him instead of human beings (even in armor for some).

ruxtpin

Banned
Went by my local store and blind bought 8 of the new monster figures. Only one dupe (zombie businessman), but who cares!? Can always use more zombies. Also snagged second copies of the Star Wars police ship and cantina from damaged box pile.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
I have no idea if Force Friday will be a thing tomorrow here in Belgium, I haven't seen or heard anything, but I'll be walking into some shops tomorrow in hopes of finding at least some new Star Wars Lego stuff. Can't spend too much unfortunately, but I hope to buy at least Rey's Speeder and the new Tie...

The urge to splurge on the new MF is great though, but I'm saving for a new iMac atm ...

Osahi

Kitsuné;177483830 said:
I have no idea if Force Friday will be a thing tomorrow here in Belgium, I haven't seen or heard anything, but I'll be walking into some shops tomorrow in hopes of finding at least some new Star Wars Lego stuff. Can't spend too much unfortunately, but I hope to buy at least Rey's Speeder and the new Tie...

The urge to splurge on the new MF is great though, but I'm saving for a new iMac atm ...

There is a banner for lego tfa sets on the website of Fun. I guess the merch will be in the shops, but no midnight openings.

Also bb8 should be on bol.com and coolblue

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm not buying another falcon until the new UCS one which is surely coming in the next couple of years? Already have the last one and I don't see anything that different with this one to justify a double dip.

Ponn

Banned
Went to Target, they now had an endcap with minifigs but it was all series 12 and simpsons. They had series 12 on the checkout aisles to. Tried to ask someone to check the back but she just wasn't going to do it. She said naw we keep them all out there with the Lego sets. I was like but you have some in the checkout aisles too and she was like oh yea there too but there is definitely none in the back. Whatever, I was already hitting my anxiety peak so I just left empty handed. Drove all the way down to TRU and SUCCESS!! They had a full box at checkout but it was awkward to feel bags so I just grabbed 14 blindly. And I didn't do too bad.

Not too many doubles and I got almost all the ones I wanted. I also got that tie fighter polybag.

I am still needing

Tiger Woman
Zombie Business Man
Banshee

If anyone wants to trade these are the figs I have for trade

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
There is a banner for lego tfa sets on the website of Fun. I guess the merch will be in the shops, but no midnight openings.

Also bb8 should be on bol.com and coolblue

Cool, that's encouraging! I also just heard from someone I know at Disney BE that there would be TFA merch in the shops, but she unfortunately couldn't specify if that included LEGO or not.

Ugh. I had to open the boxes containing all the Force Friday merchandise and get it ready for the morning set up at work. The BB8 Sphero toy is so tempting.

But the only LEGO stuff we got were Rey's Speeder, Snowspeeder, and TIE Fighter. I have a feeling I am going to be incredibly weak and leave with all of those tomorrow. Then call another store and have them send the Sex Wing so I can get it with discount.

3N16MA

Banned
Ugh. I had to open the boxes containing all the Force Friday merchandise and get it ready for the morning set up at work. The BB8 Sphero toy is so tempting.

But the only LEGO stuff we got were Rey's Speeder, Snowspeeder, and TIE Fighter. I have a feeling I am going to be incredibly weak and leave with all of those tomorrow. Then call another store and have them send the Sex Wing so I can get it with discount.

Bed Bath & Beyond will be selling the Sphero BB-8. It is usually pretty easy to get a 20% coupon from them.

So how early is good enough? An hour? Mines a random toys r us in a shopping center at north dallas. I dont really think there will br a HUGE crowd. I'll probably get there 30 minutes early cause I don't want to be awkwardly standing there too long if I'm the only one showing up.

Ponn

Banned
So how early is good enough? An hour? Mines a random toys r us in a shopping center at north dallas. I dont really think there will br a HUGE crowd. I'll probably get there 30 minutes early cause I don't want to be awkwardly standing there too long if I'm the only one showing up.

You're already to late.

Is that on,y using the ball and socket as new pieces, or are all the parts in that pic new? Almost certain I don't have the ball and socket, but I probably have the technic parts

The L shaped technic plates showed up frequently enough. The 1x2 with joint attachment that they are using to thread the parts through and connect the SNOT piece to at the end though isn't so common. I have a handful of them but honestly cannot remember what sets they came in. I used most of mine to build the pistons on my airship MOC.

The angled ball joint showed up pretty frequently.

The 1x3 technic axle is common as well.

EDIT:
This piece:
4547958.jpg

It is a bit more common than I thought. I guess I have a lot more than I knew.
I will admit, I did think about using it in my MOD, but dismissed it quickly.

Bed Bath & Beyond will be selling the Sphero BB-8. It is usually pretty easy to get a 20% coupon from them.

15% off coupon for BN hit this weekend. 20% for members, which stacks with 10% off. I am not sure if it will work with BB-8, but the 10% off will for sure. Same with the LEGO sets.

Ponn

Banned
I just drove by it on my way home and there's no line or anything, seems like business as usual

Nope, you just missed your one opportunity. They all lined up right after.

I wonder if Amazon will jump on and update at midnight or 3am. I don't think they are offering any specials.

mrkgoo

Don't. Grievous is a PERFECT fit for this line, i mean hell, he already IS pretty much a Droid, so this mechanical, technical look would of course look best on him instead of human beings (even in armor for some).

That's exactly how I feel.

Oh man I want to rush off to the toy store now.

Nothing to make you feel like a kid again than wanting to buy Star Wars toys!

neonglow

When is everyone going to start standing in line tonight? I'm headed to Toys R Us to get the LEGO Star Wars commemorative brick.

kms_md

My local Lego store is out of CMF Series 14 already - they said they sold out early on day 1. My local Target said they had not received any - despite the DCPI showing in stock on brickpicker 's search.

My local Lego store is out of CMF Series 14 already - they said they sold out early on day 1. My local Target said they had not received any - despite the DCPI showing in stock on brickpicker 's search.

Is it time to panic? :)
Let me throw some fuel into the fire. The last CMF series my local LEGO store had a huge initial shipment that lasted weeks. PANIC!
Keep calm and build. There will be more coming. Not sure why such a shortage though. Maybe Star Wars set production cut into CMF production.

My target had problems with them too. They checked the dcpi in-store for me, and it told them they have 90+ of them, but both employees who tried to help me couldn't find anything.

I'm hopeful they were stashed with the halloween goods and will be dragged out when they switch the seasonal stuff from back-to-school to halloween.

I guess i could visit another target tomorrow and see what's up with them.

ooo or i could put myself through the inconvenience necessary to reach one of my regional lego stores by public transit.

Ponn

Banned
Have fun you crazy die hard star wars fans. I'm just going to wait for a sale on the M. Falcon or try and catch an AWD. I'm still really iffy on that Kylo Ren ship. The figs look great but the ship - ehhh..

My target had problems with them too. They checked the dcpi in-store for me, and it told them they have 90+ of them, but both employees who tried to help me couldn't find anything.

I'm hopeful they were stashed with the halloween goods and will be dragged out when they switch the seasonal stuff from back-to-school to halloween.

I guess i could visit another target tomorrow and see what's up with them.

ooo or i could put myself through the inconvenience necessary to reach one of my regional lego stores by public transit.

I struck out at my local target too but had success at TRU so if you got one close give it a shot. Whatever you choose do it quick though.

Oh man there is a line here. Its not too big though. Hopefully the Darth Vader constraction figures don't go too fast.
Are the new Lego stuff gonna be in the Lego section or the star wars section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom