• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leng jai

Hmm I didn't even realise they released a BBT set. Need something to go with Wall-E to get free shipping. Anyone have opinions on the set?

Osahi

Order shipped from S@H. Wall-E will probably be here tomorrow \0/ Might build it the same night with the help of my wife

Had a play around with the limited bits I had, and my Wall-E is a lot more stable. Just need a grey version of the brick with socket. Hopefully these pics aren't huge.

If anyone is interested....
Parts you'll need:
3E17C406-9A95-4154-87B9-0AD3B16A492A_zpsa5csi6hi.jpg

Parts left over:
AB36561E-5A9E-4290-B870-44F1495F025E_zpsmpep0oql.jpg

Construction:
82142183-8429-4CA8-B0B7-D011475DD0D8_zpsomlwd3qw.jpg

94EA8295-83C6-476F-84F6-62F5001FC04E_zpsskoparwe.jpg

Stability:
42F25BB6-2506-4E43-8685-2ED61734F83C_zpsobciqxb7.jpg

I totally missed this before, but this is a great mod as well. Using the crank piece to connect the head together is an awesome idea. I will have to try this one as well.
I just worry about the ball joint being attached with only half of a thread from the red technic axle. It seems like it could come off very easily.
Maybe thread a 3x technic axle with stud on the end through the top and it meets the ball joint under it?

Is that a fix using parts from the set? Or do you need other parts?

Parts on left are to be removed. Parts on right are what need to be added.

I also updated my post by adding this pic. And willp's idea above is a great one too, and far less involved than mine.

willp2003

Yeah there's not much of the technic axle to attach the head. It's a bit too easy to remove, and you couldn't pick it up by the head, without it coming off. As far as movement goes, it's solid though. I have a very limited collection of pieces so it was the best I could come up with in the brief time I spent looking at it.
My hulk buster is missing a leg until I replace the parts!

So has anyone seen the Ninjago Temple of Arijitzu in US Lego stores?

Seen it. Bought it. Built it. In love with it.

You really need it in your life.

Yeah there's not much of the technic axle to attach the head. It's a bit too easy to remove, and you couldn't pick it up by the head, without it coming off. As far as movement goes, it's solid though. I have a very limited collection of pieces so it was the best I could come up with in the brief time I spent looking at it.
My hulk buster is missing a leg until I replace the parts!

Hulkbuster has battle damage now. :)

And I think after work I am going to replace three parts in my mod and steal one from yours. That technic crank handle you used as the connection in the head is brilliant. I think putting that in place of the 1x3 and 1x2 technic plates in mine should take up the same space, but also be more sturdy. It also will stop that one technic pin from touching the ball joint, making it a tighter fit too.

I agree with Phon...it's a fantastic looking set. Saw it on display at my local shop yesterday. I have zero interest in Ninjago but the whole thing looks beautiful. Love that Sand Green.

And I am totally stealing how they attached the leaves to the trees. It was another "duh!" moment in the build.

4532220.jpg

You thread parts of the leaves through the four pins on this. It can make them either rigid and unmovable, or you can have them spread in any direction. Either way, it is very secure.

Daeda

And I am totally stealing how they attached the leaves to the trees. It was another "duh!" moment in the build.

4532220.jpg

You thread parts of the leaves through the four pins on this. It can make them either rigid and unmovable, or you can have them spread in any direction. Either way, it is very secure.

Isn't that how they used to do the old palm trees back in the 90's

LEGO publishes interim result: 18% sales growth in 1H 2015

... All that and The Force Awakens sets aren't even out yet :)

Those are huge numbers considering they are the largest toy company in the world. I am really interested to see what the main drivers for growth. I want to know which themes are selling through the roof. Also, which countries sales have increased significantly. I imagine licensing is a big area of growth.

Markus

When you return a set to the Lego Store without a receipt, do they take away the VIP points for the purchase?

I got a set as a gift which is sealed and that I'm not into.

Wondering if they will want to dock them from my account or take it off the purchase price?

Also, do they include sales tax in the refunded amount?

When you return a set to the Lego Store without a receipt, do they take away the VIP points for the purchase?

I got a set as a gift which is sealed and that I'm not into.

Wondering if they will want to dock them from my account or take it off the purchase price?

Also, do they include sales tax in the refunded amount?

I'd say call and ask. They'll include sales tax of course, but without a receipt you can only do an exchange. I'm not sure how it will affect your VIP because it was a gift, so there's no reason to dock your VIP points for it, but you might only earn points for the difference?

Ex: you return a set that's $20, get a set that's $30, you may only get 10 points.

But totally call and ask to be sure.

Those are huge numbers considering they are the largest toy company in the world. I am really interested to see what the main drivers for growth. I want to know which themes are selling through the roof. Also, which countries sales have increased significantly. I imagine licensing is a big area of growth.

Keeping the bullshit pricing on CMFs helps.

The numbering suggests it is part of the Winter Village subtheme. And this: http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Advanced-Models/subtheme-Winter-Village

The Winter Village sets if I recall correctly are always available for 2 Winter seasons.
Once they are sold out for the season they do not restock until next winter. Then it's gone for good.

The difference in prior years is that the set was available throughout the year. I think your link to Brickset supports the fact that it isn't a WV set:

Actually it looks like the new Toy Shop doesn't have the Winter Village verbiage either.

Am I....am I free?

Actually it looks like the new Toy Shop doesn't have the Winter Village verbiage either.

Am I....am I free?

Depends on your perspective. If the modulars ended, for example, would you feel free, or forsaken?

Though if you in particular are not into modulars, I guess that is the rhetorical"you"towards the whole thread.

Rootbeer

Banned
Tried to buy a Luke constraction set at that walgreens I mentioned yesterday. Mostly cause I was bored and wanted to buy something :p Street dated. I didn't know Walgreens had street dates in their system. Now I know!

Depends on your perspective. If the modulars ended, for example, would you feel free, or forsaken?

Though if you in particular are not into modulars, I guess that is the rhetorical"you"towards the whole thread.

I was really disappointed with the Workshop, and even more that we weren't getting a new set this year so I already feel let down. I have a completest itch and a part of me is really annoyed that in order to have the full Christmas line I'd need two sets I'm not into.

The modulars are a different story. They must never end.

Apparently people are saying the star wars constraction figures are releasing on force Friday. Kinda strange since Lego isn't a part of that. Maybe it's just a coincidence?

3N16MA

Banned
The Tower of Orthanc is available on Walmart.ca if any Canadians are still looking for it. Seems like one of the last chances to pick it up as it is gone everywhere else.

I was really disappointed with the Workshop, and even more that we weren't getting a new set this year so I already feel let down. I have a completest itch and a part of me is really annoyed that in order to have the full Christmas line I'd need two sets I'm not into.

The modulars are a different story. They must never end.

Now I can't help but try to think of what could even hope to be a fitting finale for the modulars.... Double-width set with two half-width buildings on the edges and a plaza/ park thing between them? Extra-tall grand hotel set?

Best not to think of such dark things, I suppose.

Apparently people are saying the star wars constraction figures are releasing on force Friday. Kinda strange since Lego isn't a part of that. Maybe it's just a coincidence?

A LEGO store employee told me yesterday that they're coming out on Friday. Then he said "Force Friday", so there must be a connection.

Online retailers in Sweden are saying the same thing that the local one told me: Lego isn't accepting any more orders for this Fall because of distribution shortages. Specifically mentioned are Jurassic World, Elves, Disney Princess and Bionicle, but even Star Wars will be limited (I'm assuming mostly the older pre-TFA releases). The next major restock will be the January sets.

Hmmm... order overpriced T-rex or risk missing it completely? Will Lego care to make more next year or move on to the next big thing by then?

Fowler

Aren't they related? I thought the Force Awakens LEGO sets were also out on Force Friday.

Online retailers in Sweden are saying the same thing that the local one told me: Lego isn't accepting any more orders for this Fall because of distribution shortages. Specifically mentioned are Jurassic World, Elves, Disney Princess and Bionicle, but even Star Wars will be limited (I'm assuming mostly the older pre-TFA releases). The next major restock will be the January sets.

Hmmm... order overpriced T-rex or risk missing it completely? Will Lego care to make more next year or move on to the next big thing by then?

well. it is clearly time for me to panic-order everything.

by which i mean, scooby seems potentially seasonal enough i probably shouldn't wait much longer at all.

Rootbeer

Banned
Constraction should have released on Sept 1st, but for whatever reason they are holding it till Force Friday. Maybe they feel it will give those items more exposure. I seriously doubt they were beholden to the same rules as The Force Awakens sets since none of the ones launching are from the sequel trilogy. I think it was a LEGO decision. Maybe it has something to do with packaging. The booklets might have ads for The Force Awakens stuff and Disney has super strict rules about releasing any kind of official product showing them before Sept 4th. We should keep in mind that EVERYTHING shown about TFA products so far has been a leak outside of what has been shown at conventions (very little)
Aren't they related? I thought the Force Awakens LEGO sets were also out on Force Friday.
They are!

Rootbeer

Banned
Yeah and apparently the force Friday giveaway is Admiral Yularen
I thought this was only some non USA countries? If that is really the case for USA buyers... very, very weak. It's better than no giveaway though so I'll still take it. But man... it really should be C-3PO it's the only one that makes sense unelss it's a stormtrooper variant or a chrome Phasma (yeah right... i'm dreaming)

I can't seem to buy anything from the lego.com store. Can anybody log into their "LEGO ID" currently? It just freezes. I've tried multiple devices and browsers.

Ryuuroden's pics make my soul burn. Oh god there is a really dumb bundle of purchases in my near future isn't there.

Full Scooby line plus like 20 s14 figs plus pet shop plus orthanc LET'S GO

TheFuzz

Anyone here built the mystery mansion? I'm not a huge Scooby fan (got the MM) but since that would complete the gang, I'm looking at it. Mostly the parts and build are calling to me, and I'd like to have a big "Halloween" set. Any impressions from friends here?

Ponn

Banned
You have got to be kidding me, CMF 14 sold out on S@H. I had to wait till friday to place an order, now i'm screwed out of them.

Ryuuroden's pics make my soul burn. Oh god there is a really dumb bundle of purchases in my near future isn't there.

Full Scooby line plus like 20 s14 figs plus pet shop plus orthanc LET'S GO

You have got to be kidding me, CMF 14 sold out on S@H. I had to wait till friday to place an order, now i'm screwed out of them.

oooorrrrr i can wait and hope that's something that's still getting restocked. darn.

Ryuuroden

oooorrrrr i can wait and hope that's something that's still getting restocked. darn.

When I was at the LEGO store getting them they only let me buy 16 because they had extremely limited supplies. I was surprised because usually the limit is like 25. I went to the Target across the street after I got my 16 from The LEGO Store and they had 1 box left in back which they got for me and I went ahead and felt through them for the duplicates I wanted and for every single banshee, spectre and zombie businessman. I wouldn't mind some more banshees and spectres still even. Those two are awesome.

ALSO if you go to Target, have them look it up with the DCPI: 204001379

http://www.brickpicker.com/target-inventory/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom