• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'll get the Constraction later, really not a focus for me. Maybe on FF.

Site is getting some pretty decent raffic, was slowing down a lot. Ordered advent calendars, seasonal set and a couple minifigs just for fun :p

I'll get the Constraction later, really not a focus for me. Maybe on FF.

Site is getting some pretty decent raffic, was slowing down a lot. Ordered advent calendars, seasonal set and a couple minifigs just for fun :p

Got a link to the Thanksgiving set? I can't find it by searching.

And still no Wall-E

Rootbeer

Banned
Star wars Advent, City Advent, Halloween Seasonal and Free Tractor. Also threw in two random Series 14 even though I have lots of them already cause why not. I love monsters!

That does it for me until... Well, 3 days from now. Then the hurting starts. But it will hurt soooooo good.

Then gotta pony up even more $$$ on Sept 27th for LEGO Dimensions

This month is one for the record books.

neonglow

Star wars Advent, City Advent, Halloween Seasonal and Free Tractor. Also threw in two random Series 14 even though I have lots of them already cause why not. I love monsters!

That does it for me until... Well, 3 days from now. Then the hurting starts. But it will hurt soooooo good.

Then gotta pony up even more $$$ on Sept 27th for LEGO Dimensions

This month is one for the record books.

I'm holding off on LEGO Dimensions because some retailer might have a nice deal.

For Disney Infinity 3.0's release, Best Buy has a buy 3 get 1 free promotion going on. I'm hoping somebody will have a similar deal when Dimensions releases at the end of the month.

Minecraft 2016

21123 The Iron Golem
21124 The End Portal
21125 The Jungle Tree House
21126 The Wither

YESSS

The End portal is gonna be bad ass. Gonna have Silverfish, I bet. Maybe even Ender Mites?

Iron Golem better be in a Village set with a Villager. I mean they have the same head, they have to.

Jungle Tree House is totally gonna have a cat. It has to!! Maybe even a watermelon if I'm lucky!!

I've never fought a Wither in the game yet but I hear they're pretty intense. Gonna stick that in my Nether Fortress for sure.

I have a feeling this will be the final wave. They've done pretty much everything, bits from every biome, have all the noteable characters except for Witches and Chickens and underwater stuff.

YESSS

The End portal is gonna be bad ass. Gonna have Silverfish, I bet. Maybe even Ender Mites?

Iron Golem better be in a Village set with a Villager. I mean they have the same head, they have to.

Jungle Tree House is totally gonna have a cat. It has to!! Maybe even a watermelon if I'm lucky!!

I've never fought a Wither in the game yet but I hear they're pretty intense. Gonna stick that in my Nether Fortress for sure.

I have a feeling this will be the final wave. They've done pretty much everything, bits from every biome, have all the noteable characters except for Witches and Chickens and underwater stuff.

this post gives me a sense of how much has changed in the 3 years since i last played minecraft and kinda makes me want some MC sets.

This may be too obvious but... has a Hotel been suggested yet for a modular building? Imagine something along the lines of that Friends Grand Hotel, only a lot more detailed etc.

Randomly woke up in the middle of the night. Don't see anything new. Y'all think all the new stuff will be at toys r us in the states this morning?

Rootbeer

Banned
Randomly woke up in the middle of the night. Don't see anything new. Y'all think all the new stuff will be at toys r us in the states this morning?

Probably, at least some of it. I'm heading there in the morning because it's next to Best Buy where I have to pick up some stuff. I'll report what I find. Hoping to find S14 minifigures, cause I still need 3 to complete my set.

peely

Neo Member
10256 - Red Light District

I think the set number for this is wrong :eek: :p

Went out yesterday to look at baby prams for the newest one and popped into the local Lego store. Sadly all out of Death Stars, but my other half got the Birds set (she loved building the Robin last night) and I picked up the blue city train.

This is my first train set in over 20 years and I feel a little bit mixed about it. The train continued with the modern Lego building techniques I've seen in smaller sets (which shouldn't be unexpected), so less blocky and I really enjoyed it. The cargo depot just seems a little flimsy, too many big parts. Going to have to pick up the 12v era version to compare now ;)

I like that the power functions means trains can be controlled individually but feel like something is missing with being unable to control points, no signals and decoupling. Definitely feels like a toy train set, compared to the 12v which (to me and my nostalgia) had far more potential. But hey, it's fun and for everything else there is bricklink/ebay :p

Oh and saw the Temple in the window, it really is amazing.... one month to wait though :p Next up is the Falcon on Force Friday :)

Osahi

So the Wall-E issue is supposedly US only? How is this even possible? Aren't all the sets/builds the same worldwide?

Curious if my set will have the issue when it arrives. Ordered it early today, so I'll probably receive it tomorrow or the day after.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well... Wall-E now shows as unavailable on amazon. But it was orderable just minutes ago. Either it sold out or amazon pulled it.

*edit* after a few refreshes it shows as orderable. So... keep trying if you don't see it, I guess.

Osahi

Well... Wall-E now shows as unavailable on amazon. But it was orderable just minutes ago. Either it sold out or amazon pulled it.

*edit* after a few refreshes it shows as orderable. So... keep trying if you don't see it, I guess.

I'm from Europe. I just got it from S@H, no problem ordering it. On the US version it doesn't appear...

Read on Brickfan it was US only, and I was wondering how that is possible. Ah well, we'll see when my set arrives.

I'm from Europe. I just got it from S@H, no problem ordering it. On the US version it doesn't appear...

Read on Brickfan it was US only, and I was wondering how that is possible. Ah well, we'll see when my set arrives.

You positive on that? If so, then i may just casually stroll into the nearest Lego store next week and pick up one as well... (alongside some constraction sets and CMF14s, i MUST resist that damn Ninjago temple for now at least)

Rootbeer

Banned
Ninjago Temple... wait for double VIP that we recently learned was coming. That's my plan. :D

Gonna need a breather after these TFA sets, anyway.

Osahi

You positive on that? If so, then i may just casually stroll into the nearest Lego store next week and pick up one as well... (alongside some constraction sets and CMF14s, i MUST resist that damn Ninjago temple for now at least)

Possitive? No. I have no idea what is going on with this set, but ne of the mods commented on the latest article about it (on Brickfan) that it is suposedly US only. I find that really strange, but as it is possible to get Wall-E from the EU S@H it might have a grain of truth.

But it could as well be that the orders on EU S@H aren't shipped until the new version arrives now that I think of it. Ah well, time will tell. If my order is sent tomorrow I can build it thursday.

Or we'll have to see what that official explenation is.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This is my first train set in over 20 years and I feel a little bit mixed about it. The train continued with the modern Lego building techniques I've seen in smaller sets (which shouldn't be unexpected), so less blocky and I really enjoyed it. The cargo depot just seems a little flimsy, too many big parts. Going to have to pick up the 12v era version to compare now ;)

I like that the power functions means trains can be controlled individually but feel like something is missing with being unable to control points, no signals and decoupling. Definitely feels like a toy train set, compared to the 12v which (to me and my nostalgia) had far more potential. But hey, it's fun and for everything else there is bricklink/ebay :p

there are ways to get over that disappointment. Horizon Express, Maersk Train, Emerald Night are all beautiful sets, and I think they can all be motorised?

Osahi

Word about Wall E is that it is not a design issue, but a bad mold one. That is why it only affects the Americas. The EU factory has a good mold.

Take it with a grain of salt untill the official statement hits, I've got it from a online comment

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Word about Wall E is that it is not a design issue, but a bad mold one. That is why it only affects the Americas. The EU factory has a good mold.

Take it with a grain of salt untill the official statement hits, I've got it from a online comment

So it's safe to get Wall-E from EU S&H? Woop!

Norfair

Wall-E is delayed huh? Well I guess that saves me the trouble of trying to figure out how to get to the Lego store on a Tuesday with a 5 year old and a 4 month old in tow.

Osahi

So it's safe to get Wall-E from EU S&H? Woop!

Probably. To be safe you can wait on the official news, that should hit today. I ordered one anyway. If it is a big problem here too, I'm sure customer service will send a fix. It's just my most anticipated set for the moment. I just couldn't wait as a big Pixar fan

peely

Neo Member
there are ways to get over that disappointment. Horizon Express, Maersk Train, Emerald Night are all beautiful sets, and I think they can all be motorised?

There's not that much disappointment, really enjoyed the engine and truck builds :)

Heh so true, been looking at the old sets on ebay/bricklink, shame on the Emerald Night prices though :(

Osahi

I saw that monster build a few months ago, it's incredible.
So Lego aren't doing anything about the wall-e problem.
http://brickset.com/article/16465/what-s-wrong-with-21303-wall•e

Okay, had expected another explenation. Seems like the problem with the US ones is a different kind then the rotating head?

I'll see when my EU version arrives. I'll probably build it right away (I expect it to arrive on thursday, and I'll probably build it friday), so I can give an impression about the head afterwards

ghostmind

2016 Friends update

41110 Birthday Party
41111 Party Train
41112 Party Cakes
41113 Party Gift Shop
41114 Party Styling
41115 Emma's Creative Workshop
41116 Olivia's Exploration Car
41117 Pop Star TV Studio
41118 Heartlake Supermarket
41119 Heartlake Cupcake Cafe
41120 Adventure Camp Archery
41121 Adventure Camp Rafting
41122 Adventure Camp Tree House
41124 Heartlake Puppy Daycare
41125 Horse Vet Trailer
41129 Amusement Park Hot Dog Van
41132 Heartlake Party Shop
41134 Heartlake Performance School
41135 Livi's Pop Star House

willp2003

Interesting. Didn't expect that. I don't have that second piece so I can't fix it myself. How bad is it? Must be pretty bad to get delayed.
Have a look at the brickshow review video to see it in action. I've ordered a couple of parts from BL so I'll see if they work out better.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Debating going to Toys R Us and trying to get a Wall-E. Surely any fix would include free parts from LEGO group for those that bought already.

This set is on Sales and Deals on LEGO S@H U.S.
It's a great battle pack if you are into pirates. For 20 minifigs and lots of other elements it's a good deal. I'm tempted...but I think I'll wait and and try my luck to get it during double VIP points. I'm not a big pirate fan, but I could use some pirate and soldier minifigs.

40158 Pirates Chess Set

Sale Price $49.79 ($59.99 MSRP)

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Chess-Set-40158?fromListing=listing

618qYYOrDVL.jpg

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
This set is on Sales and Deals on LEGO S@H U.S.
It's a great battle pack if you are into pirates. For 20 minifigs and lots of other elements it's a good deal. I'm tempted...but I think I'll wait and and try my luck to get it during double VIP points. I'm not a big pirate fan, but I could use some pirate and soldier minifigs.

40158 Pirates Chess Set

Sale Price $49.79 ($59.99 MSRP)

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Chess-Set-40158?fromListing=listing

618qYYOrDVL.jpg

Not really into Pirates, but I love chess. I am looking for my first Lego Chess set so I may have to pick this one up.

How about a Star Wars Chess set!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Anybody having struggles logging into Lego store online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom