• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbro72

Due to the loose head? I can't believe I forgot to order him, but it sounds like I'll get another chance.

You didn't miss your chance. I don't believe it was ever available for order on S@H. As soon as they listed the product page on the 1st, it was listed as "coming soon". I've yet to order it, too, as I'm waiting for LEGO to finally have it in stock.

ZbcD9W5.jpg

That's one way to sell the what I expect to be a poor selling Luke constraction.

Amiibro

I don't really have the money to make too many Lego purchases, but I had a £30 gift card and decided to buy me some today. The guy in the store showed me the big Darth Vader, and was trying to convince me it was a good purchase, showed me the finished thing, etc. I was impressed but really wanted something Force Awakens, so I went with Rey's Speeder instead.

Did I goof? I really like having a little mini Rey on my desk though. Those lego freckles!

I just put the speeder set together and I loved it.

I just watched Jang's reviews, except for the MF which I should get in a day or two. The big transport is ugly as sin and the play features are of no use to me but... dat Phasma. Sigh. I also like the generic rebels. Maybe if I get it and sell off the extra troopers to someone who wants to troop build, to at least offset some of the ridiculous cost...

Decided all of those TFA sets just WILL have to wait. There's neither space nor time nor money in my predictions for these with all the rest of Lego sets that i still need to get!

I still need Ferris Wheel, Detective Office, ALL of the Scooby Doo Line, most of the constraction figures and that damn Sith Infiltrator so.... thanks but no thanks for now.

the end...

i think

Fowler

I just watched Jang's reviews, except for the MF which I should get in a day or two. The big transport is ugly as sin and the play features are of no use to me but... dat Phasma. Sigh. I also like the generic rebels. Maybe if I get it and sell off the extra troopers to someone who wants to troop build, to at least offset some of the ridiculous cost...

The other thing here though, there's another run of Force Awakens sets in January right? Surely another Phasma is coming soon.

I feel like with Star Wars, and with the new trilogy especially, we'll get so many more chances to get the figs we want in the sets we want. Or at the very least, we'll have more options to choose from.

The other thing here though, there's another run of Force Awakens sets in January right? Surely another Phasma is coming soon.

I feel like with Star Wars, and with the new trilogy especially, we'll get so many more chances to get the figs we want in the sets we want. Or at the very least, we'll have more options to choose from.

even if THAT doesn't work out for some reason, by then i bet we will see SOME discounts/sales on said sets anyway...

Yep. There'll be a lot of sets coming after the film releases with more spoiler-y contents and several of the most wanted minifigs in one set.

Planning on picking up Rey's speeder tomorrow. I've liked the design of the speeder since the first teaser and I love those goggles.

Some cmf 14 acquired! Had no idea how easy that trip would be on transit. My wallet is over. Not today specifically. Just in general. I didn't really feel the bags, just went random. Pretty sure I got one plant man though.

Also grabbed the Simpsons series two for my brother

This was my first time in a Lego store in a couple years. Crazy to see so many big sets

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Well the suggestion that the low clutch power neck is limited to North American Wall-E sets isn't true, I think. Bought mine from TRU in the UK, and it has the same issue.

Amiibro

Some cmf 14 acquired! Had no idea how easy that trip would be on transit. My wallet is over. Not today specifically. Just in general. I didn't really feel the bags, just went random. Pretty sure I got one plant man though.

Also grabbed the Simpsons series two for my brother

This was my first time in a Lego store in a couple years. Crazy to see so many big sets

I picked up five mini figs today. Ended up with doubles of Frankenstein. Thought I checked well enough not to grab doubles but guess not.

On another note anyone happen to have a extra Darth Revan mini fig they wanna sell? I regret not getting this a while back.

Quick question for anyone who has built Poe's X-Wing: does the red axel that attached the engines into the body go all the way in or do they catch on the piece that holds the rubber bands?

Excellent call. All the TFA 1st wave sets will be around for 1-2 years,
I'm a Star Wars fan, but not a HUGE fan so I can wait for sales and wait to actually see the movie.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Bought the Vader figure. Outside some random Bionicle long ago, that I barely remember, this is the first one of these kind of figures I've gotten.

It's kind of neat, but I don't think I'll be going for them all.

Jimbro72

I picked up five mini figs today. Ended up with doubles of Frankenstein. Thought I checked well enough not to grab doubles but guess not.

On another note anyone happen to have a extra Darth Revan mini fig they wanna sell? I regret not getting this a while back.

I have an extra bagged Revan fig available that I've been meaning to put on ebay along with several other extra polybag sets/figs that I don't want. Just haven't gotten around to it yet so PM me if you're interested and we'll work something out.

So the CMF 14 are seriously sold out forever? No restock?

there were heaps of rumors about resupplies being nearly nonexistent all fall for lego in general, but idk if we got s14 singled out in particular.

I think it's just overblown rumors based on LEGO stores selling out of S14 and LEGO S@H showing "sold out". Initial shipment to LEGO stores was small, but I'm sure they will get more shipments. I would bet my entire LEGO collection that there is no way they sold out in under 1 week all S14 CMFs produced.

ghostmind

Eh.... as long as these come with dolls and not figs my interest level will stay rather low i'm afraid.

What happened to those rumors about ACTUAL Lego Disney sets coming with Mickey etc. as characters? I remember one of them at least being debunked as DUPLO sets but what about the rest?

The Disney CMF rumour is still going.

The Disney CMF rumour is still going.

Really? That's AWESOME news for me!!

It's really a no brainer for Lego, i mean this would be the minifig series to end all other series, can't believe it hasn't happened yet, it would have the potential to be the biggest CMF series ever made. They have a working partnership with Disney obviously so yeah, get on it guys.

takeallmymoney.gif

TheFuzz

Gonna post my Halloween MOC. It's nowhere near done, but I wanted to get ahead of the awesome MOCs I bet we will see. It's a modular recreation of Legos Haunted House based on the official set with the inspiration coming from modularsbkristel.com. Anyway, here's my rendition. I'm going to be changing a lot of things and adding some neat details, too.
Also, FWIW I don't actually own the Haunted House set. Regretfully, it's the one that got away. I didn't want to place any special orders so this is made with what I already have.

These are some quick phone pics at my workstation, so I apologize if they look rough.

Front before roof was finished.
EyMvSbw.jpg

Closer shot of the front with CMFs.
m1XAsgw.jpg

WUxJlvf.jpg

Trick-or-treater made the mistake of going inside. What exactly is going on in there?
Y8IhlQX.jpg

Shot of the roof line. Wasn't sure how to spruce it up but realized I had at least 60 megaphones. Thought it looked okay so I kept it.
1fQo0o1.jpg

Thoughts and opinions are welcome. I'll post more as I get more of it done.

Finally found some of the Monsters minifigs, man these things are great. I grabbed a bunch and only got two doubles so that's good. I'm gonna want the entire line...help

Gonna post my Halloween MOC. It's nowhere near done, but I wanted to get ahead of the awesome MOCs I bet we will see. It's a modular recreation of Legos Haunted House based on the official set with the inspiration coming from modularsbkristel.com. Anyway, here's my rendition. I'm going to be changing a lot of things and adding some neat details, too.
Also, FWIW I don't actually own the Haunted House set. Regretfully, it's the one that got away. I didn't want to place any special orders so this is made with what I already have.

These are some quick phone pics at my workstation, so I apologize if they look rough.

Front before roof was finished.
EyMvSbw.jpg

Closer shot of the front with CMFs.
m1XAsgw.jpg

WUxJlvf.jpg

Trick-or-treater made the mistake of going inside. What exactly is going on in there?
Y8IhlQX.jpg

Shot of the roof line. Wasn't sure how to spruce it up but realized I had at least 60 megaphones. Thought it looked okay so I kept it.
1fQo0o1.jpg

Thoughts and opinions are welcome. I'll post more as I get more of it done.
Looks awesome!

3N16MA

Banned
So I have been behind on picking up some series 14 minifigs. Seems to be OOS at most places but not everywhere. Is this a short run seasonal item like I have been hearing or TLG not anticipating the demand?

I would have liked to feel the bags to get the ones I really want but it looks like a random order is necessary. No B&M stores have these on the shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom