• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Spike

semiregular said:
Finally, the Japanese version

DSCF0394.jpg

English subs? Ending roll credits restored?

Dynamic3

.hacked said:
I fuking hate that they changed the boxes, ruins the whole look if you have a sizable collection.

We should start a thread where we scan the old covers full qual, then pshop in the new banner so other cats can print them out and have nice, uniform, collection. Unfortunately I'm a junior :(.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
jaydogg691 said:
Picked-up Uncharted 2. Something looks off.
I don't know if I'll get use to the new PS3 box covers.

New boxes look much better. The random red in the spine was always an eyesore, not to mention the way "PS3" was written was tacky.

JEKKI said:
mo MURDA mo MUR come come again!!

mother freakin demons souls FINALLY comes in after taking a nationwide road trip courtesy of amazon.com and the us postal service

nqnywn.jpg

we thuggish ruggish demons ALWAYS! always!

and ready to bring the war to your way!

look into my souls and tell me what it is you see

(could u look into my eyes?)

look into my souls and tell me what it is you see

(could u tell me what u see?)

rwnn9t.jpg
ebe7u9.jpg
How is Jump!? I've been tempted to buy it.

Kuraudo

Banned
I quite like the new covers, but they should have kept the spine the same. Tempted to reorder my collection from alphabetical to chronological.

.hacked

Hey at least it is not as bad as when sega went from the black plastic clamshell genesis cart boxes to the god awful red cardboard things.

anyway here is what I picked up over the last week:

id4tpi.jpg

107mmfa.jpg

krae_man

Did I get a good deal?
DSC04203.jpg

There's very little info on this thing. I only found out about it due to Retronauts and Jeremy hadn't even herd of it before that podcast.

The Wiki article says these are rare and sell for hundreds of $'s but I'm not so sure if that's true or not.

Seriously? You guys actually care that there's a black thing that says PS3 on it instead of a red thing says PS3 on it? It's a fucking game box for god's sake, you're not hanging it on your wall or something.

.hacked

If it didn't matter then why would they have bothered to change it in the 1st place?

IIRC the PS2 didnt changed cased design mid gen, but with the PS they went through 2 or 3 types of cases before landing on the CD box.

Haven't posted here in like a month...

Klonoa Moonlight Museum (WS)
Zelda Four Swords GBA
347dy5x.jpg

Don't care about Naruto but it came with the Freeloader
2em3j1y.jpg

New black N64 controller
16absqq.jpg

SNES PAL controller (new but w/o box) + Super Game Boy
av6due.jpg

PN 03 + Zelda Collectors Edition
sq5u38.jpg

CFW'd PSP 2000 with 4GB MS Pro Duo, soft case, manuals and Pandora Battery
1qq1sn.jpg

Super Monkey Ball
Mario & Luigi 3 (new, but I opened it before taking the pic)
29yowvk.jpg

On the Virg - Serious Young Insects
Virgil Donati - Just Add Water
lcqy0.jpg

Wormdundee said:
Seriously? You guys actually care that there's a black thing that says PS3 on it instead of a red thing says PS3 on it? It's a fucking game box for god's sake, you're not hanging it on your wall or something.

Some people like uniformity, and do actually have them hanging on shelfs on the wall...

Solo

Kintaro said:
New boxes look much better. The random red in the spine was always an eyesore, not to mention the way "PS3" was written was tacky.

I dont think anyone is arguing that the older design was better - it wasnt. Rather, I think people just hate how it fucks up the spines now.

Solo said:
I dont think anyone is arguing that the older design was better - it wasnt. Rather, I think people just hate how it fucks up the spines now.

I think they do look better. Uncharted 2 does stick out like a sore thumb on my rack though.

VOOK said:
Holy shit I want that blob.

The blob is one of the cooler pre-order bonuses I can remember (it's just a stress ball, but it's so perfect for this game).

Unfortunately, my pit-bull also loves it...he's tried to steal it from me all day. Dude would tear it apart in seconds. :lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
.hacked said:
If it didn't matter then why would they have bothered to change it in the 1st place?.

Because their marketing and packaging was shit and they're finally wising up. =P

Solo said:
Is UC2 the first title with the new spine?

I saw Sing It: Pop Hits on the shelves last week and it had the new box style, so I think it was technically the first...but it probably shipped around the same time UC2 did, but wasn't held for street date like UC2.

Yazuka

Dynamic3 said:
We should start a thread where we scan the old covers full qual, then pshop in the new banner so other cats can print them out and have nice, uniform, collection. Unfortunately I'm a junior :(.
I would actually love to see this.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Kintaro said:

I agree with you, but I hate that they changed the style mid generation. It looks horrible now, and they should have just stuck it out for the rest of the gen. They could have at least left the spine alone, or at LEAST kept the line separating the logo and title of the game in the same spot.

Damn I want the Japanese Okami. >_< Capcom if you're listening I will seriously purchase it again if you release Okami Wii+ in English!

Wonder if I can remember enough about the game to play through the JPN one in Japanese.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have tickets to the NLCS games. I don't feel like going so I'm probably going to sell it to co-workers or something.

tass0

Banned
The best way to start a day :D

2 yummy sandwiches, a diet coke and a fresh new copy of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves :)

15102009388.jpg

15102009389.jpg

GOTG

Top Bottom