• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

purg3

slept with Malkin
Haven't posted any pick ups in a while since I was busy making the biggest purchase of my life so far; bought my first place.

DSC01291.jpg

Halo ODST, NHL 10, and Raiden IV

Also been trying to pick up some DC games to fill in the collection
DSC01284.jpg

DSC01286.jpg

DSC01288.jpg

New couch, coffee table and rug for my new place
DSC01295.jpg

New entertainment stand
DSC01300.jpg

8423_571190145154_194304947_33384262_6645297_n.jpg

8423_571190135174_194304947_33384260_5603600_n.jpg

It's really dark out and I bought a black car... Ffff... I'll take pics tomorrow with my SLR. 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS with the sound/sun package.

qno309.jpg

Went a little crazy on the blu-rays. Snow White was $10 after a code on Amazon. American History X isn't pictured because Amazon's taking their time shipping it.

1hw743.jpg

And round 2 of TRU's B2G1 sale.

And the games in the pictures above were sitting in my new Serta memory-foam leather office chair. :D
4gm80l.jpg

So new pickups for this month

Sony PRS-505 ebook reader, great build quality, text looks sharp and crisp, and because the Kindle isn't available in Canada (and probably won't be for a very long time)
148krxc.jpg

Resident Evil 1 GH, sold my first copy years ago and just wanted one back
35jdobb.jpg

Hands down, the best PS3 game, its unbelievable
fodvzb.jpg

Yes Boss! said:
Rockin!

Have not seen it yet...I'll probably watch it this weekend.

Its a pretty serious movie, I like that guy since i was 5 years old basically, i worship him, his dances are pretty impressive.

leng jai

My first contribution to a pick up thread:

4016486342_c46d237679.jpg

The stuff:

Brutal Legend PS3 + t-shirt
Batman Arkhum Asylum PS3
Uncharted 2 LE PS3
Monsters Vs Aliens blu-ray
The Boat that Rocked blu-ray
32GB iPod Touch Gen 3 + iskin
Roald Dahl Phizz Whizzing Collection
The OC: The Complete Series
Ages of Empires Collection PC
PS3 Slim + red controller

crispyben

mr_toa said:
308wsvo.jpg

Good stuff (hopefully)
So PAL gets UC2 with old-style boxart and BL with new-fangled boxart, while it's the other way around in the US? :lol

BTW, how is the spine? Does it have the game logo, or is it still plain text in a boring font?

tturunen

Neo Member
games_10.jpg

Uncharted 2: 45.40€
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2: 35.93€
PS Network card 50EUR: 40.40€
Who says that games are expensive?

(fixed one little typo)

luffeN

tturunen said:
Uncharted 2: 45.40€
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2: 35.93€
PS Network card 50EUR: 40.40€
How says that games are expensive?

I don't know if How says that xD And how did you get the PSN card for 40.40?

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
crispyben said:
So PAL gets UC2 with old-style boxart and BL with new-fangled boxart, while it's the other way around in the US? :lol
BTW, how is the spine? Does it have the game logo, or is it still plain text in a boring font?

Game logo, just to further complicate the PS3 spine library.

tturunen

Neo Member
how did you get the PSN card for 40.40?
One finnish company sell those from tax free area, its legel as long price are under (about) 50euros. So: 50e - 22% tax + theyr profit and shipping cost = 40,40euros

Goron2000

best junior ever
Drkirby said:
DQ7.jpg

Factory Sealed copy of Dragon Warrior 7, was only $2.92 :D

Holy, perhaps even godly. Hold on to that for a few years and get yourself a mighty fine profit :D . Love finding things like this in local stores.

Ashour

crispyben said:

Yeah, that freaking sucks. I wanted my UC2 to be the 1st game I buy with the new design.

Goidil

The Monster Hunter Freedom Unite european demo. Four UMD: you can sharing the game with your friend :D

b9a9u0.jpg

11uyekz.jpg

Here with its brothers.

2lxtnuo.jpg

bijlw0.jpg
2d0i2yv.jpg
fc769t.jpg
opcyde.jpg

Gamestop gave me the steelbook without anyone saying anything or no nothing. I continued to not say anything in case he made an error.
Jeff Gerstmann's sporadic raving about the game made me do it. Hope it's backwards compatible.
Photo selfexplanatory.
If only the marines had guns that launched jets and rockets. And common sense. Like, don't shoot rockets at your squad leader.

Timan

Developer
Out with the old... in with the New.

Shocked how small the ps3 slim actually is compared to the old ps3 60gb

img_007839d2b.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
These just came today.

Best Buy Exclusive Mario and Luigi RPG 3 Snow hat:
cap-1.jpg

And my Club Nintendo Elite Prize, the Mario cap, came today. The kirby I have had for a while, but he is going to be wearing the hat :lol
Mariokirby.jpg

MechDX

Pickup.jpg

3 games are from Amazon B2G1, ordered yesterday arrived today. LOVE PRIME!

2 BluRays are from a local pawn shop, $8 each. Mint, complete and with their digital copies still new.:D

VibratingDonkey said:
bijlw0.jpg
2d0i2yv.jpg
fc769t.jpg
opcyde.jpg

Gamestop gave me the steelbook without anyone saying anything or no nothing. I continued to not say anything in case he made an error.
Jeff Gerstmann's sporadic raving about the game made me do it. Hope it's backwards compatible.
Photo selfexplanatory.
If only the marines had guns that launched jets and rockets. And common sense. Like, don't shoot rockets at your squad leader.

Just a heads up, Getting Up isn't backwards compatible for the 360. I bought the Limited Edition about two years ago and still haven't been able to play it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
What's in the Getting Up LE? Google'd and can't find nothing. Found somewhere selling for £12, but they don't even have a picture, or list of the contents.

UrbanRats

'K, first post on GAF, hi everyone ^^

My latest pick ups, from Amazon.uk and other sources. :D

PU-03.jpg

The two DS game are presents from a friend, the rest is from Amazon/HMV.

PU-01.jpg

PU-04.jpg

PU-02.jpg

Also from Amazon(except for Cages&Totoro), a LOT of books here. . . "Lore" is Premiere Edition, wonderful stuff.

PU-05.jpg

Last but not least, a Katamari limited Cellphone strap and some GY!BE pins.

That's it for now, cheers. :)

My Name Is Luke said:
Just a heads up, Getting Up isn't backwards compatible for the 360. I bought the Limited Edition about two years ago and still haven't been able to play it.
I noticed this when it didn't work. It's great how it first gets your hopes up by starting and XBL then telling you to download an update though.

cjelly said:
What's in the Getting Up LE? Google'd and can't find nothing. Found somewhere selling for £12, but they don't even have a picture, or list of the contents.
It's the game, in a sweet orange cardboard box. With probably two bonus discs. One says "Getting Up Video" and the other "Getting Up Soundtrack". Haven't checked them out yet. 23 tracks on the soundtrack.

Would probably have waited and gotten the PS2 or PC version otherwise. But hey, free stuff, snazzy colors, impulse buy.

Remembered I have a scanner.
Front
Back
Soundtrack

luffeN

my new 360 arcade.

manufacturer date 26. of june 2009! but it's still kinda noisy, I thought they would be more silent compared to my launch one.

360arcade.jpg

eXistor

DSC00428.jpg

Anyone into horror-comedies at all, must check out Doghouse. Great little british zombieflick, lotta laughs, lotta gore.

Fireflu

UrbanRats said:
'K, first post on GAF, hi everyone ^^
PU-01.jpg

PU-04.jpg

WOW!, absolutely fantastic array of books you've gathered there my friend!!!

I utterly adore the work of Ashley wood/Phil Hale/Dave Mckean and own most of these books (however some are still on the 'want to buy' list!)

I am going to look into "Juxtapoz" and "Totoro" as they both look extremely intriguing!

Welcome to GAF!

Top Bottom