• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

4th best QB in Pro Football Cam Newton: 55% completion 6.0 NY/A
Completely washed up Peyton Manning: 62% completion 5.8 NY/A

lolokeydokey
Cam has had some huge moments late in games this season and he's playing with trash supporting talent. He is also one of the best rushing QBs in the league which you have to consider.

I think Cam has taken a big step forward this season. He is carrying that offense. I'd take him over Russel and maybe even Matt Ryan.

Of course, your list of good QBs is 2 or 3 guys long, right? The rest is trash?

Cam has had some huge moments late in games this season and he's playing with trash supporting talent. He is also one of the best rushing QBs in the league which you have to consider.

I think Cam has taken a big step forward this season. He is carrying that offense. I'd take him over Russel and maybe even Matt Ryan.

Matt Ryan's stats this year fucking dwarf Cam's. http://www.nfl.com/player/mattryan/310/careerstats

No way would anyone take Cam over him.

Badford had so much time to throw and at times couldn't hit an open WR, against league's worse secondary, dude is horrible, with Foles it probably 49-7...I think Chip fucked up..
Bradford completed 63% of his passes for 280 yards last night. You guys are going crazy with all the hyperbole. Foles is fucking terrible, no way would the Eagles be better off with him.

Crisco

Banned
Eagles WRs are right at the top for most drops as well.

#Bradford for MVP

See, I don't actually watch Eagles games except to make fun of how Chip looks on the sidelines, so I'm not going to seriously analyze Bradford. He may very well be playing his ass off with a limited supporting cast. The good news is they play next week so this one will be settled on the field!

Hindl

See, I don't actually watch Eagles games except to make fun of how Chip looks on the sidelines, so I'm not going to seriously analyze Bradford. He may very well be playing his ass off with a limited supporting cast. The good news is they play next week so this one will be settled on the field!

I'll save you time. He played like shit last night and has been mediocre at best the rest of the year

eznark

Banned

QBR, which LOVES running quarterbacks, has him rated as the 22nd best QB in the league.

Cam would be like...15 on my list maybe? I want a quarterback who can pass, sue me.

There is literally no excuse for that Panthers team to require "huge moments in late games." Their defense is outstanding and the teams they have played are complete and utter shit. They should have a point differential of +70 against that schedule, instead they are +40. The offense is WAY underperforming given the talent opposition and field position the defense is giving them.

Cam was a total dumpster fire for 50 minutes against a Seahawks team that couldn't stop tripping on its dick. That game should have been a blowout, but for Scam.

QBR, which LOVES running quarterbacks, has him rated as the 22nd best QB in the league.

Cam would be like...15 on my list maybe? I want a quarterback who can pass, sue me.

There is literally no excuse for that Panthers team to require "huge moments in late games." Their defense is outstanding and the teams they have played are complete and utter shit. They should have a point differential of +70 against that schedule, instead they are +40. The offense is WAY underperforming given the talent opposition and field position the defense is giving them.

Cam was a total dumpster fire for 50 minutes against a Seahawks team that couldn't stop tripping on its dick. That game should have been a blowout, but for Scam.
Have you seen the players on that offense outside of Cam? I'm starting to think you haven't watched a Panthers game this season...

Those last few drives against Seattle were some of the best QB play I've seen this season. Lazer beams all over the field and not a bad decision among them.

LOL at anyone blowing out the Seahawks... How many points did the Packers put up? Oh wait, 27, same as Carolina, and Kam wasn't playing.

Spinluck

Have you seen the players on that offense outside of Cam? I'm starting to think you haven't watched a Panthers game this season...

Those last few drives against Seattle were some of the best QB play I've seen this season. Lazer beams all over the field and not a bad decision among them.

LOL at anyone blowing out the Seahawks...

You're going to have to pardon Ez

He gets to watch Rodgers play every Sunday

Fantasy Updates!:

Standings for Pick'ems Sponsored by Taco Bell™ Top 15
4jQbzWx.jpg

Standings for Pick'ems (Confidence) Top 15

Survivors Remaining Week 5

NFL-Gaf Fantasy - Sponsored by Taco Bell™ Week 6 Results

Standings after Week 6

My fantasy team is back baby!

eznark

Banned

I watched the entire game Sunday, apparently you only watched one drive? That game should have been a blowout. Cam literally played like Kaepernick v. Green Bay. It was some of the most pathetic quarterbacking you'll see all year.

I understand that SportsCenter has bred a nation of fans who think only the highlighted drive matters, but literally the only reason the Panthers won that game is because the defense was able to continually bail out the offense.

As for the supporting cast....so? Are they suddenly going to import 10 new players on offense for the last 2/3 of the season? If not, this is what he has to work with.

LOL at anyone blowing out the Seahawks... How many points did the Packers put up? Oh wait, 27, same as Carolina, and Kam wasn't playing.

Packers don't have the same defense so they had two fewer drives and significantly worse field position. I guess you didn't watch those two games? Also, Kam has been a liability. I wish he had played against Green Bay!

LevelNth

Banned
Bradford completed 63% of his passes for 280 yards last night. You guys are going crazy with all the hyperbole. Foles is fucking terrible, no way would the Eagles be better off with him.
Haven't you heard? Everyone sucks and every team sucks and every player is a fraud and good football no longer exists. Everything is fuckball cause that's a super funny term.

Crisco

Banned

I think the only one he watched was the Seahawks game, which is fine, I wouldn't have watched us play the Bucs, Texans, Saints, or Jags either if I weren't a fan. Although he must have missed how all 4 of the Panthers TD drives went 80 yards and they didn't have good starting field position all game long.

I watched the entire game Sunday, apparently you only watched one drive? That game should have been a blowout. Cam literally played like Kaepernick v. Green Bay. It was some of the most pathetic quarterbacking you'll see all year.

I understand that SportsCenter has bred a nation of fans who think only the highlighted drive matters, but literally the only reason the Panthers won that game is because the defense was able to continually bail out the offense.

As for the supporting cast....so? Are they suddenly going to import 10 new players on offense for the last 2/3 of the season? If not, this is what he has to work with.
Literally no QB in the league could blow out the Seahawks with that roster. For that matter, when is the last time anyone blew out the Seahawks?

And why are you acting like the supporting cast doesn't matter? Football is a team sport and right now Cam IS that offense, he is dragging that team to every point they score in spite of a horrific lack of talent surrounding him. It's damn impressive what he's has done this season, I don't care who's on the schedule.

Most of us expected the Panthers to be trash this year and they aren't primarily because of Cam.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Haven't you heard? Everyone sucks and every team sucks and every player is a fraud and good football no longer exists. Everything is fuckball cause that's a super funny term.

You're joking but this is a more rational statement than some of the defenses we're seeing for mediocre quarterback play.

I'd love to see some analysts hypothesize why fuckball is so prevalent this season. Still waiting on those articles comparing offense this season to past seasons!

jbug617

Banned
Pagano got to go. How you going to run this play with a person who never practiced this play before.
http://www.colts.com/news/article-1...5475-9fb8-4692-be8e-83dca04adcc0?sf14332234=1
Wide receiver Griff Whalen was never supposed to be the center on the gadget play.

“The gunner who became the center all week was (safety) Clayton Geathers. Clayton Geathers gets injured in the second quarter,” said McAfee. “Insert Griff Whalen who had never done it before. So Griff Whalen is now the new center in a play he’s never practiced before.”

McAfee said Whalen knew the original intent of the play, because it’s in the playbook, but didn’t know a second option that was added in practice last week (more on that in a moment) because he isn’t usually on the punt team with McAfee.

“Griff has no idea we’re trying to draw the guy offsides,” said McAfee, “because in the play it says if we get under center, snap it. So Colt Anderson (the quarterback on the play) is trying to draw a guy offsides to pick up an easy five yards. If not, we just don’t snap it. We take a delay of game.”

But Whalen just didn’t know, since he wasn’t part of the install of the 2nd option in practice.

“Griff goes… ‘If I feel him right now, I’m supposed to snap it.’ So this is a 100% miscommunication,” said McAfee. “It’s literally a miscommunication.”

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Literally no QB in the league could blow out the Seahawks with that roster. For that matter, when is the last time anyone blew out the Seahawks?

And why are you acting like the supporting cast doesn't matter? Football is a team sport and right now Cam IS that offense, he is dragging that team to every point they score in spite of a horrific lack of talent surrounding him. It's damn impressive what he's has done this season, I don't care who's on the schedule.

Most of us expected the Panthers to be trash this year and they aren't primarily because of Cam.
dude you're arguing with Eznark about QB play, specifically Cam Newton. You have two problems here, Cam Newton is black, and Cam Newton is not Aaron Rodgers.

eznark

Banned
I think the only one he watched was the Seahawks game, which is fine, I wouldn't have watched us play the Bucs, Texans, Saints, or Jags either if I weren't a fan. Although he must have missed how all 4 of the Panthers TD drives went 80 yards and they didn't have good starting field position all game long.

I watch every game (most of the Panthers games are the 30 minute version, which does include every single play). The only game that is worth talking about is the Seahawks game because it's the only NFL team they've played that is likely to finish .500.

In addition to 4 TD drives, they had 4 drives that netted negative yards and 7 drives of 3 plays or fewer.

Winning by two scores is a blowout in the NFL. Lots of teams have blown out Seattle, including GB.

Supporting cast obviously matters, but I'm talking about performance relative to other quarterbacks with regards to outcomes this season. His supporting cast isn't going to get better.

They are primarily not trash because of their schedule and their defense. Cam is not doing anything special. There isn't a single quarterback measurement that you can point to that says he is doing well as an individual.

Who was the black guy? He is insane. He actually said that Cam is playing better then RGIII did his first year. That is just ridiculous crazy talk. RGIII's first year: 3200 yards, 20 td's 5 ints, 102.4 rating. Cam is nowhere near that level.

You are so right. If the Eagles hadnt shut it down in the 4th quarter Bradford could have easily gone for more then 300 yards. I really think if the Eagles can just get the WR's to run the right routes Bradford will be fine.

Spinluck

NFLGaf: Every QB Sucks™

I actually thought Luck looked good Sunday.

That was the best the offense looked all season and he played with a gimped shoulder.

Gonna have to see if it persist against the Saints. Time for Sean to move on.

garaN, wherever you are, take the time now you embrace Sean Payton as the next Colts coach. Be ready for an explosive offense and shit defense for at least 7 more years.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So I just want to say an absolute surprise this year is coach defilippo and the offense he's brought to Cleveland.

What was expected to be a dumpster fire has actually turned out to be pretty adequate. I need to look more into what he's doing to make this work.

Bowser

Packers don't have the same defense so they had two fewer drives and significantly worse field position. I guess you didn't watch those two games? Also, Kam has been a liability. I wish he had played against Green Bay!

Per @ESPNStatsInfo, the Seahawks had not allowed four scoring drives of 80 yards at home in the last 15 years before today.
5:45 PM - 18 Oct 2015
355 RETWEETS232 FAVORITES

But sure, the offense played no part, bailed out all game! :rollseyes

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I liked how Eli started 10/10 and then ran straight into a brick wall.

that game was the opposite game of what Giants gaf used to complain about with the offense. They used to bitch and moan cause the Giants couldn't do shit in the first 20 or so scripted plays, and then they'd figure it out and score.

MRSA

Banned
You know who sucks?

Derek Carr, he's inconsistent as fuuuuuck. He's also a little bitch ass coward, Mackenzie92 loves him because he's from Fresno State but I'm really skeptical about him. He makes one read and dumps it off.

I feel for you, Panther-bros. Cam is a freak of nature in terms of his size and athletic ability, and he's improved as a passer as time has gone on. He doesn't get the credit he deserves but oh well.

Now that I live in SC and get every Panthers game locally I feel like an honorary fan. :)

Line_HTX

Hoyer is like 3 Rodgers rolled into one

You jinxed him

I didn't do shit. Fuck you.

D:

I actually thought Luck looked good Sunday.

That was the best the offense looked all season and he played with a gimped shoulder.

Gonna have to see if it persist against the Saints. Time for Sean to move on.

garaN, wherever you are, take the time now you embrace Sean Payton as the next Colts coach. Be ready for an explosive offense and shit defense for at least 7 more years.

I heard you allegedly caused Cameragate with Brady at the end of the game.

I feel for you, Panther-bros. Cam is a freak of nature in terms of his size and athletic ability, and he's improved as a passer as time has gone on. He doesn't get the credit he deserves but oh well.

Now that I live in SC and get every Panthers game locally I feel like an honorary fan. :)

Oh so you can hop on the panthers bandwagon but I can't get my Yeehaw on?? smh

#Doublestandards.

Crisco

Banned
Per @ESPNStatsInfo, the Seahawks had not allowed four scoring drives of 80 yards at home in the last 15 years before today.

It's ok man, he's just salty Cam is getting all the MVP buzz over Rodgers.

eznark

Banned

I like that it's been 15 years, since it shows how utterly meaningless the factoid is considering they had some 4 and 5 wins teams with truly abysmal defenses in that period of time.

Only being able to move the football twice a half and punting or turning the ball over on your other 9 possessions is great when you are facing a terrible offense.

Has he really? He is on pace for his lowest completion percentage of his career this year. His supporting cast hasnt gotten worse but his numbers have. The fact that the Panthers are winning is covering up a lot there it seems to me.

cdyhybrid

You're right, I should totally pretend I know what I'm talking about more and declare everything crap all the time to better fit in.
You prove me right with every post. Even someone as delusional as you can see that quality of play is down across the league.

Top Bottom