• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 has gone gold; leaked gameplay vids

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my biggest bummer about the new system. It was fun to read through the choices, especially the ones I'd probably never use. Hopefully there are some funny line readings to help make up for it.

Let's hope so, I want a "The Sole Survivor is a big jerk"-video compilation.

Takuan

Ok GAF, im taking a holiday for F4 release. Its my first day ive taken off just for myself outside of family vacations in 10 years.

I had everything planned out on what im doing. Was going to relax by myself and not worry and play.

My son just got suspended from school monday thru wednesday for getting into peoples gym lockers. Supposedly he thought someone took something of his.

My point is now hes going to be home on Fallout day. Definently not what I planned or intended.

Dont know what I should do now haha.

Tough love. He can watch if he wants, but he's not getting in the way of your Fallout time.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
We just got a faster connection at work. I love it for days like this. I don't hurt my bandwidth cap at home, and I get to download it twice as fast.
28CgUuU.jpg

Nameless

Fallout 4 |OT| Obama's America
Fallout 4 |OT| Render-less Dystopia (I think the game fine but still)
Fallout 4 |OT| Beth goes to Bean Town

Linkhero1

I'm still on the fence regarding my pipboy edition preorder...I want the steel case but I don't care about the pipboy after all the unboxing videos. I got heartaches by the number.

Ok GAF, im taking a holiday for F4 release. Its my first day ive taken off just for myself outside of family vacations in 10 years.

I had everything planned out on what im doing. Was going to relax by myself and not worry and play.

My son just got suspended from school monday thru wednesday for getting into peoples gym lockers. Supposedly he thought someone took something of his.

My point is now hes going to be home on Fallout day. Definently not what I planned or intended.

Dont know what I should do now haha.

He should be grounded to his room of course! Teach that boy a lesson. ;)

aravuus

I'd have to agree; things were feeling out of balance there for a little bit and I could see an OT making it worse. The super fans really almost ruined the game for me. I was really interested in hearing about the game's terrible visuals and the missing items in feature parity but people couldn't get a word in with all the circle-jerking. Thankfully calmer minds prevailed and now that I know the game is shit and all the fun features have been stripped out, I can't wait for this game. I'm probably alone in this but I just love playing bad games; its been a hobby of mine since Uncharted 2 and I just can't get enough. I depend on prerelease threads like this for the best guidance to make the most informed decisions with my money so its frustrating when Care-bear gamers want to play PR and challenge the things I really want to hear.

I just hope people can appreciate my sincerity here and not attack my personal beliefs. I, recognizing my perspective and tastes may be a little different than others, appreciate that diversity here and the commitment to letting everyone have an opportunity to be heard.

That's very funny

Doesn't change the fact that echo chambers are terrible

Irobot82

This is my biggest bummer about the new system. It was fun to read through the choices, especially the ones I'd probably never use. Hopefully there are some funny line readings to help make up for it.

I'm holding out hope for a PC mod for this. Bring it back to the old style of dialog. It might be possible since there will be captions for dialog, maybe a mod could read what the caption would be and post a list of them all.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Fallout 4 |OT| He keeps hackin’ and whackin’ and smackin’

It's funny reading this. I really makes conscious of how little sword talk I've heard in the pre-release coverage. I'm not expecting Skyrim here but while I look forward to the improved shooting, I hope I can have some sort of sword-play.

womp

Hoping we get a $39 deal on Green Man Gaming like we did with BLOPS 3

Too much stuff coming out and I need every dollar I can.

Krakn3Dfx

Hoping we get a $39 deal on Green Man Gaming like we did with BLOPS 3

Too much stuff coming out and I need every dollar I can.

Yeah, I've got the PC Pip-Boy Edition coming on Tuesday, but if I could pick up a $40-ish code on GMG ahead of time to pre-load and play a bit Monday night, I would be all over that. Doesn't seem promising, but we'll see.

Edit:
Saw this bronze Vault 111 pocket watch on Amazon for $9 shipped and grabbed one. Seems cool for $9.
51preNN69jL._UX342_.jpg

HowZatOZ

Banned
So it looks like PC pre-load is live on Steam. I'm hoping someone uploads it to Usenet/Torrents so I can download it because I'm not really keen on waiting until midnight Monday to download it due to getting the Pipboy Edition.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
25 gigabytes?!

That's... Tiny

Beth games are kings at doing this sort of stuff and their shipping sizes are always less than you would expect because they don't fill their engine with pre-cooked and canned nonsense. Baring SAG complications, if they ever get voice modulation and/or speech synthesis into their games, I expect their shipping size to fall even more dramatically compared to its contemporaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom