• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes November 10th

donny2112

Way to go, GAF! Predicted HW difference between PS4 and XB1 in October? 7-10K

NeoGAF Aggregate Predictions - Oct-2015

PS4
XB1
3. 3DS - 97K
4. WIU - 66K

Buy an Xbox one and get one title free, any title, even SWBF, *wink wink*

Lame.

I was thinking they are going to word it close by not quite direct ways similar to places advertising Super Bowl deals while cheesing out of paying the NFL

"The Big Game" "Super Sunday" "Super _____"

jjonez18

Way to go, GAF! Predicted HW difference between PS4 and XB1 in October? 7-10K

NeoGAF Aggregate Predictions - Oct-2015

PS4
XB1
3. 3DS - 97K
4. WIU - 66K

Glad we're on the same page Gaf. :)

[PS4] 420k
[XB1] 405k
[3DS] 95k
[WIU] 65k

Hope the aggregate's closer to the actual this month. Last month it was off by ~75k. Everyone overshot PS4.

Buy an Xbox one and get one title free, any title, even SWBF, *wink wink*

Lame.
They might pull a 300$ X1 with SWB free + controller + Live. That would be an insane deal that could pull some serious numbers in NA.

Blackleg-sanji1 said:
If ps4 wins ill rock a zoro avatar all month *shudders
Better than to have the New World fodder that's your current avatar sips tea

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
"Buy a game that could be SWBF!!!" wink wink is not really as effective as having a bundle. The point is the advertising you get to do up front, on TV, etc. Destiny Perfume is cute but extremely targeted.

So Xbox wins and Halo 5 at the #2 spot?

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Also Detroit: Become Human has been cancelled due to negative gaf reaction.

BokehKing

Banned
They might pull a 300$ X1 with SWB free + controller + Live. That would be an insane deal that could pull some serious numbers in NA.

Better than to have the New World fodder that's your current avatar sips tea
That will work on people that don't know it's 720p and looks better on another system (meaning, a lot of people)

Who would have the bigger melt down, people rooting for Microsoft to win or or the people rooting for Sony /halo to fail?

"Buy a game that could be SWBF!!!" wink wink is not really as effective as having a bundle. The point is the advertising you get to do up front, on TV, etc. Destiny Perfume is cute but extremely targeted.

Also Detroit: Become Human has been cancelled due to negative gaf reaction.

I believe that. You would never lie to us Kev.

matmanx1

I would be one very, very surprised person if PS4 sold more units than the Xbox One in October. Very surprised indeed. In fact I'm even sort of surprised that there's discussion about the possibility of the PS4 having sold more. But I guess we'll see, won't we?

N.Domixis

Banned
I would be one very, very surprised person if PS4 sold more units than the Xbox One in October. Very surprised indeed. In fact I'm even sort of surprised that there's discussion about the possibility of the PS4 having sold more. But I guess we'll see, won't we?

KEV already confirmed xbox one.

Halo is just unbeatable...

Oooo this isn't the thread but you are surely asking for it my friend
giphy.gif

It's just a lazy way of skirting around another company's exclusive promo deal.
It's weird that people care, since it's not giving anything positive to customers to have marketing deal. And skirting around is happening all the time, MS did same with Arkham Knight, Sony with Madden and Fallout. It's good for customers and for devs that people on both systems buy games, no matter who has marketing dips.

orochi91

Since Y2Kev confirmed XB1 won October, we can just shut this thread down and start the November predictions early:

[3DS] 140K
[PS4] 1100K
[WIU] 80K
[XB1] 800K

:3

On Demand

Banned
XB1 winning would heavily go against Amazon and what other online charts said over the month in October. Yeah, Amazon and online chartzz, but they've been a good gauge ever since.

Amazon banned if so......

Top Bottom