• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuur

Was in the book store the other day and saw Jojo volumes, staff pick. Covers were using Araki's new style, kind of jarring! Was kind of tempted to pick them up but didn't, maybe another time.

Zweizer

Banned
Their Story ch81

0flW58H.jpg

Aww~

Can't wait for her response.

Revo

ok Mangaf

it's finally time for me to start reading JoJo

where do I start

Could easily watch parts 1-3 since the adaptions were really good. I watched 1-2 before reading 3-5 then watched 3.

Honestly if someone wanted to only watch JoJo, if the rest of the parts going forward exhibit the same level of quality as 1-3, it'd be a perfectly good decision.

I'd probably say watch 1-2 then read on but there really isn't a wrong choice here.

Droplet

Could easily watch parts 1-3 since the adaptions were really good. I watched 1-2 before reading 3-5 then watched 3.

Honestly if someone wanted to only watch JoJo, if the rest of the parts going forward exhibit the same level of quality as 1-3, it'd be a perfectly good decision.

I'd probably say watch 1-2 then read on but there really isn't a wrong choice here.

Agree with this. The art's a bit rough on the first two parts and the adaption is pretty great. Plus that Taku Iwasaki dubstep <3

I'm still trying to get around to part 6 :(

edit: whooaa I made it onto the first post!
edit2: should edit that post, I still haven't forgotten it.

Revo

Piano no Mori 176

wow lech you're such an asshole now that you were chosen :/
i don't feel bad for amamiya losing, better for him to focus on fully figuring out his own music

rrvv

The only likeable explanation, really.
Hope he shows up in the credits.

Assassination Classroom 164

So, uh, why didn't you fully charge your lance, deploy the shield and annihalite him with the first shot?
World leaders are dumb.

They cannot since it will reveal their location to korosensei. so he can easily destroy the satellite. I guess you can say why not they go straight to Plan B but Plan A sound decent enough to try

Droplet

Cradle of the Sea 1-3

A woman whose old master went missing at sea abducts his son from his brother's family and boards an America-bound ship dressed as an apprentice worker.

The amount of bad decisions made here is staggering, but it's an interesting twist on the "girl dresses as a guy to get onto a ship" story so we'll see where it goes.

The End of Elysion 1-6

Some guy and his girlfriend servant person are doomed to reincarnate and beat some evil guy, except this time his girlfriend is a guy so him liking girly things is a-ok but otherwise it wouldn't be because reasons? There's a semi-interesting chapter where they focus on the protagonists as young children and how the two that reincarnated lose their original personalities, but for the most part the (arguably more interesting) reincarnation stuff is just a backdrop for making the two main characters close to each other. Pretty typical action josei stuff, there's even a shota-bait antagonist!

Revo

Metal bat is just whatever
wouldn't care if he wasn't there and only reason i don't like these chapters is because i know of how good what awaits us is.

Hero Union BBS 1-22

fairly funny, good diversity of stories and heroes
looking forward to more stories, hope sage continues to be in them
and demon lord hero better get a continuation chapter

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
GSG in the OP. :blessed:

One Punch-Man ch. 83

Hopefully Metal Bat jobs quickly and we can move on.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Gisèle Alain ch. 22

Nice conclusion to this arc. Wonder if Gisèle will be paying Eric a visit soon.

School Mermaid 13-14 (END)
Ohhh, so that explains the mermaid's malice. Glad to also learn where the notebook originated from, though there're still other unanswered questions about the mermaids themselves. I wasn't expecting everything to be explained though given the chapter count, and the residual mystery does make their existence feel somewhat creepier.

Would love to see more of this, though I know it's a pipe dream and the afterword basically cements that. Still doesn't stop me wondering about the re-imagining of the mermaids he mentioned.

Semajer

I've just learned that they've been releasing Jojo's Bizarre Adventure in English in hardback: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1421578794/

What is this series like in terms of translation/censorship/etc? Is there any missing content? Are they selling well? I've been buying a couple of VIZ series that they just stopped, and I don't want it to happen to Jojo. Are they worth buying?

bobohoro

Keijo 59

Your ass is fine Nozomi, don't let anybody tell you otherwise!
Guess it's time to turn a weakness into a weapon. Or something. I mean, she can't get rid of it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom