• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

New Game! 24

at least everything turned out fine
gotta be careful in the future though, don't want to ruin people's experiences

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi spoilers

Goddamn 15 chapters is a long time for a Nisekoi arc. I guess this shit's finally over.

Keijo 59

Thats no weakness.

r5KQEUS.png

Umibozu

Sekai no Owari no Encore 1
A failure descendant of a hero. A angel princess, dragon princess, and demon princess make a nice harem for him. The only improvement so far would be to get rid of the school setting.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Boku wa ohimesama narenai latest
Dat shocking face.
Dude an idiot, but at least he got good taste
Jitsu wa watashi wa 100
First date gone wild.

Shengar

Tomom may have done "something" while the dad was unconscious.

That one might an idea coming from Misuzu's mom.

Also MangaGaf, can ask for some help? Need some example on manga where its presentation or theme or art doesn't match/represent it targets demographic. Like shounen manga that could be a seinen (Death Note, Shin Angyo Onshi) or seinen manga presented in shounen manners (Darker Than Black, RED). Just to be honest, this is for a friend that want to submit his comic but then got told that his work isn't "shounen" enough because the publisher wanted it to directly compete with a straight battle shounen comic. Personally this is doesn't make sense since my friend's comic premise is highly inspired by Fallout New Vegas. To turned it into something else is unthinkable so I want to know the best get away for this situation.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Also MangaGaf, can ask for some help? Need some example on manga where its presentation or theme or art doesn't match/represent it targets demographic. Like shounen manga that could be a seinen (Death Note, Shin Angyo Onshi) or seinen manga presented in shounen manners (Darker Than Black, RED). Just to be honest, this is for a friend that want to submit his comic but then got told that his work isn't "shounen" enough because the publisher wanted it to directly compete with a straight battle shounen comic. Personally this is doesn't make sense since my friend's comic premise is highly inspired by Fallout New Vegas. To turned it into something else is unthinkable so I want to know the best get away for this situation.

Lucifer and biscuit hammer looks shonen, with shonen premise as well, but it's actually seinen.

Hokuto no ken is shounen manga that is basically Japanese Mad Max with martial arts. Art make it looks like something out of seinen magazine.

One punch man is a seinen title parodying shonen manga.

dumbyugi

Horimiya is a shounen whose target audience is very clearly the same as shoujo series.
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is a shounen series that parodies shoujo mangaseries so well people think it is one.
I know you were probably after action series but these were the first 2 to come to mind.

Revo

Looking for a Father 43

damn she was really defenseless when she was going for them lips, got slayed by some sleep talking

Jaxec

Hunter x Hunter comes to mind. It runs in Shonen Jump, but it feels like a seinen.
Also JoJo Part 6: Stone Ocean ran in Shonen Jump, but that definitely felt more like a seinen.

Zweizer

Banned

Genkaku Picasso is labelled as a shonen despite its very seinen-y art and themes.
Although it's now considered a seinen series, the early parts of Jojo (1 to 6) were considered shonen.
Welcome to the NHK! is a shonen series, despite it tackling some pretty adult and contemporary themes (though not without some schadenfreude).

Magi - 285

Haha wow. They already have
magic cellphones
and
Jafar's
face certainly showed how things have changed when Alibaba asked him that question.

30 minutes to talk only huh.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Rereading Yotsuba&.
I can't stop smiling!

Les miserables vol.1
Adaptation of victor hugo novel by Takehiro Arai. It's good. The artwork fit the story and the pacing is great. I notice it got more pages than the usual manga.

I do hope that we going to have Nisekoi end game soon. it does feel like it

I mean at this point we're back to just the two main key girls, maybe he stretches out the b-tier girl denials (imouto and tsubaki) but you'd think Raku is going to have to make his decision soon.

I guess the real question is, will we ever open the fucking lock, or will he just pick a girl and give a "who I promised isn't as important as the feelings we share now" garbage.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I do hope that we going to have Nisekoi end game soon. it does feel like it

I'm like 90% sure he's working his way there. I would surprised if it took Komi less than 75 chapters to wrap it up though. Dude goes like 20 chapters in between arcs where anything happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom