• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddy Strike 1
CT9AYveWIAE9K5c.png:large

Kaname is perfect, favorite character in this manga thus far and will save the day. Dont like the other character's design at times (so tall). Also Kaname's face is so funny when he gets that silly look.

Loved it my baseball jump desires finally realized.
CT9C-pZWcAAQigR.png

Zweizer

Banned
The Coco Ichibanya (a curry restaurant chain) next to my apartment in Tokyo this summer also had manga you could read while eating.

These sound like some pretty neat places. Is the manga selection good?

BokuHero 67

Wow, I didn't expect for all of the groups to pass, unless the last one won't just for a kicker.

I'm pretty sure the Kaminari/Ashido and Kirishima/Satou groups didn't pass?

Kurita

These sound like some pretty neat places. Is the manga selection good?

Heh, it wasn't that big, mostly had classics like Slam Dunk, City Hunter, some One Piece... but still neat. I give it points just for the idea.

Also their fried chicken curry was the best fucking thing ever.

Zweizer

Banned
Heh, it wasn't that big, mostly had classics like Slam Dunk, City Hunter, some One Piece... but still neat. I give it points just for the idea.

Also their fried chicken curry was the best fucking thing ever.

Sounds about what I'd expect. Still, I'd love to visit it someday. Fried chicken curry? Gotta try and make this.

Kurita

Haikyuu!! vol.9
Slowly reaching the point where I stopped reading the scans so I'm pretty excited to see new stuff.
Introduction of Lev, which is one of my favorite characters, for some reason and Yachi <3
Need to buy volume 10 to 12 asap.

Ore Monogatari/My Love Story vol.5-6.
Still the best thing ever.
Takeo's little sister, the Christmas party, Valentine's Day... Everything was hilarious.

phaze

ToG

I like Yeon but this was just zzzzzzz. This arc is already 63 chapters long and the end is still far, far away.

TG :re spoilers
Now that Kaneki's is revealed to have been physically abused by his mother, it's clear that he and Touka were really meant for each other. OTP

I've no clue whether Kaneki is back or maybe dead and it doesn't seem like this chapter gives a very clear answer.

Arabesque

World Trigger 122

Is it time? Can I finally raise my hopes for Osamu being useful?

Closer to him letting go of the idea he can become better immediately and going back to him being the tactician and helping Yuma get points while Chika providing cover.

So going back to the strategy that got his team the most points in their first match, before he started trying to go toe-to-toe with people beyond his league.

I'm not sure about this "Kitora has low Trion" revelation, since from what we were told, Kitora had an enlistment score that was close to Yuma's, and she always seemed like she never had issues of the sort. But I guess it can be explained that she manages to cover he weakness with team work and planning.

Haruka continues being very cute though!

Lain

Question fellow people in MangaGAF

In which way should I approach Black Jack the series?

I know there was a Manga in the 70s, some OVAs like Berserk later on... a movie and two anime mini series (one looking chibi).

Plus there is the prequel that started this year that people are watching. But I don't know which method is the best way to start this series.... Will I be okay if I just start the prequel or would the prequel be more enjoyable if a new the main series? There is also that sidekick that he has in the main series which he doesn't have in the prequel.

Knowing the main series might make the prequel more enjoyable but... the prequel isn't Tezuka and deals with how BJ became BJ, so might as well read it and then trust yourself into the true Tezuka.

Nanatsu no taizai - 150

Miss doom gloom couldn't take the heat. Escanaor too OP

Wasn't expecting King to appear already, and Diane pls don't change occupations.

ToG

I like Yeon but this was just zzzzzzz. This arc is already 63 chapters long and the end is still far, far away.

TG :re spoilers
Now that Kaneki's is revealed to have been physically abused by his mother, it's clear that he and Touka were really meant for each other. OTP

I've no clue whether Kaneki is back or maybe dead and it doesn't seem like this chapter gives a very clear answer.

Literally almost every character in this series has some mommy or daddy issue.

Akito

Buddy Strike 1
Terribly generic title and the premise is not that much more interesting either, at least Kaito's art it still decent. I don't see this going anywhere.

Question fellow people in MangaGAF

In which way should I approach Black Jack the series?

I know there was a Manga in the 70s, some OVAs like Berserk later on... a movie and two anime mini series (one looking chibi).

Plus there is the prequel that started this year that people are watching. But I don't know which method is the best way to start this series.... Will I be okay if I just start the prequel or would the prequel be more enjoyable if a new the main series? There is also that sidekick that he has in the main series which he doesn't have in the prequel.

My suggestion would be to just read the original 17 volumes. I jumped in with no great introduction and it was great.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0161XFQKI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

mdubs

Banned
Buddy Strike 1
Terribly generic title and the premise is not that much more interesting either, at least Kaito's art it still decent. I don't see this going anywhere.

Probably down to the soon to be vacant 14 spot after Best Blue moves down to 15

Jump Rankings
Volume 51 (16-11-2015)
1. Assassination Classroom
2. Boku no Hero Academia
3. Toriko
4. Hinomaru Zumou
5. PSI Kusuo Saiki
6. Haikyuu!!
7. Black Clover
8. Gintama
9. Mononofu
10. Kochikame
11. Samon-kun wa Summoner
World Trigger (Absent in ranked issue)
12. Nisekoi
13. Bleach
14. Best Blue
15. Kagamigami (END)

Cover & Lead Colour Page: Buddy Strike (NEW)
Colour Page: Shokugeki no Soma
Colour Page: Sesuji wo Pin! to&#12316;Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso&#12316;
Colour Page: Isobe Isobee Monogatari

World Trigger 122

Traps...nice but I would have preferred a character. Previous invasion arc already gave us a situation in which Mikumo could only survive to succeed, so I dont see how traps will really aid him in future conflicts so if hes left alone again he will lose.

Knowing the main series might make the prequel more enjoyable but... the prequel isn't Tezuka and deals with how BJ became BJ, so might as well read it and then trust yourself into the true Tezuka.

My suggestion would be to just read the original 17 volumes. I jumped in with no great introduction and it was great.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0161XFQKI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I see thanks for the advice

I watched a bunch of episodes already of the cartoony anime version Today so I kinda have a gist of what he is and what he does.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Valkyrie of Sidonia (NSFW)
Knight of Sidonia doujin by Dowman Sayman.
I must say, Tanikaze react just like what i expected if he ever encounter the scenario in this book. Too bad he skip out bear x Tanikaze... shit about to get wild!

So I watched a few episodes of the anime and then decided to read the original manga

In the anime there is this little girl that hangs out with Dr.BlackJack and I always wondered who she is and why is she living with him... heck she once said she wasn't a child but an adult which confused me even more so I just believed she was joking. A bunch of non realistic stuff occurs in this series but that just gives it some charm.

I read 3 chapter of the Manga and...
the was a scene of a surgery for something called Teratoid Cystoma were they go and jump the shark and say it is a tumour with a attitude that could posses people in order to prevent it from being cut.... Well to add to the crazy this tumour is the twin sister (in organ parts) of the person with the tumour... He eventually makes the tumour "twin" agree to operate on her if she is not killed (she is organs though).... well low and behold later on he goes all Mr Frankenstein with the released organs and recreates the other twin as a child and decides that she can stay with him since she has no place to go.

WTF

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
So I watched a few episodes of the anime and then decided to read the original manga

In the anime there is this little girl that hangs out with Dr.BlackJack and I always wondered who she is and why is she living with him... heck she once said she wasn't a child but an adult which confused me even more so I just believed she was joking. A bunch of non realistic stuff occurs in this series but that just gives it some charm.

the was a scene of a surgery for something called Teratoid Cystoma were they go and jump the shark and say it is a tumour with a attitude that could posses people in order to prevent it from being cut.... Well to add to the crazy this tumour is the twin sister (in organ parts) of the person with the tumour... He eventually makes the tumour "twin" agree to operate on her if she is not killed (she is organs though).... well low and behold later on he goes all Mr Frankenstein with the released organs and recreates the other twin as a child and decides that she can stay with him since she has no place to go.

WTF

This is why Osamu Tezuka the best.

WTF

Oh boy that's not even the most surprising shit Black Jack has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom