• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm not saying it's right. Especially since Eva is mega OP. But if you read it that's clearly the line of thinking they're going with.

I mean maybe. I can see them going that route, it'd just be really disappointing for that to be the reason behind the choice. Especially since with Eva and Dana, they're strength is more rooted in the type of creature they are and not in stuff like training. I don't care what Kuromaru chooses, but choosing guy because strength would be really, really bad imo

Sai

You say it like there arent already numerous ones in UQ Holder already.
Not even following UQ Holder, but that obviously wasn't the point. Being a girl shouldn't prevent Kuromaru from taking on both roles. It's a silly choice to make especially when you consider the abundance of "powereful ferocious" ladies present in the Negima series already.

Not even following UQ Holder, but that obviously wasn't the point. Being a girl shouldn't prevent Kuromaru from taking on both roles. It's a silly choice to make especially when you consider the abundance of "powereful ferocious" ladies present in the Negima series already.

exactly

Shun

AKB49 255

Here is progression of my feelings.

(´;д;`) Hirokoooooo
(இдஇ) Arisuuuuuuu
(꒦ິ⌑꒦ີ) Hirokoooooooo
(;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`) Minoriiiiiiiiiiii

Hiroko such a good friend, Ria proving she is the best and most clutch when she need most. The lead up between last 3 issues was done very well, very emotional.

Only 7 more left, until ending... They better tie up loose ends, especially all the pent up sexual frustration everyone has towards minori. Give us true ending with real route, not a Minori becomes an urban legend or everyone stays platonic ending!

kinger256

Kimi no Knife

CMONCaE.png

A man, desperate to pay off her sister's medical bills, resorts to killing and justifies it by killing only those who are criminals. It's a standard hitman/mafia story about the morals of killing and the psychological trauma that goes along with it. There's nothing too exceptional about the characters or the story, but the plot is executed well enough to keep your interest.

My biggest problem with the manga is how undercooked some of the main characters are. Itsuki had no purpose.
She doesn't serve as anything but a romantic interest for the protagonist and the relationship never even develops to a satisfying climax. The protagonist already had her sister as a reminder of his good-willed nature. There was no need for Itsuki to serve that role too. The way the author handled Itsuki's power was also ridiculously stupid and shows how she never really planned out a purpose for Itsuki from the beginning.

It was also strange how little development Kuzumi got. He was probably the most interesting of the main cast due to the conflict of being a detective and hitman at the same time but we never got any deep look into his past. I don't even remember there being a mention of what his background was.

Despite this, I still enjoyed it. This also has one of the better endings I've read in awhile.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, I'm not saying it's right. Especially since Eva is mega OP. But if you read it that's clearly the line of thinking they're going with.

That was Kuromaru's stated intent from the first chapter we found out about Kuro's gender - "I will be a man because men are stronger" and later, "I will be a man to help Touta fight things." The ending clearly references that attitude, but its not new and I don't think that's the way it will go down. It's far more likely it will be left as ambiguous as it was to begin with. I think Kuro choosing to become male because s/he loses a fight to random goons is probably on the bottom of the list of likely outcomes somewhere near "Kuro gets killed by the random goons."

And yeah, all of Negi's companions were girls except Kotarou and he was a bit of a wuss compared to at least some of them. There's no way Akamatsu is gonna have Kuromaru drop out of the harem, even if s/he thinks about doing so real hard.

Nordicus

Baito Saki wa "Aku no Soshiki"?! 8

Dude is really starting to turn into an overly competent faceless minion, I love it. Also approve of him stomping the nuts of this flashy guy hitting on his sister/daughter/complicated

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nor should there be anything wrong with a guy loving Tota.

I would imagine that gender relations would be incomprehensibly different in a genderless species that wilfully picks whether to become male or female at Age 17 based on who they are attracted to.

You guys are over thinking this, this whole attack was likely set up so that Touta could white knight Koromaru and hopefully awaken his feelings for her by protecting the cute girl. Someone's probably sapping her strength.

The Little Match Girl 3
So many creative things she could've done with that match, but instead she went all Genocide Jack on the painting in full view of everyone. It's no wonder she's lacking as an artist. "Envy" is indeed a magnificent work of art though. It's responsible for so many wonderful moments in short stories like these.

If I keep lighting matches then maybe this manga will stick with a regular release schedule.

bobohoro

Youkai Shoujo 61

Totally forgot that most of them still need to go to school. Junk-san playing the uncle for the kids at home and just chillin' was nice.

Denpa Kyoushi 137

All that drama. That declaration of Makina at the end was quite something.

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul: re

Need a couple more chapters to fully digest the second half of this. I'm not sure if its just the translation but the dialogue between Haise and Kaneki is super confusing even after having read it a couple times. I seem to vaguely remember them starting this conversation in a previous chapter but couldn't find it, am I imagining or does anyone have a chap/page #?

The first half was wonderful. The QS really have grown on me
and I hope they don't die. :(

God’s Left Hand, Devil's Right Hand END

Well that was...something. Rather nonsensical, pretty gruesome and I think the words "aaaaaaah" "gwaaaaaaaah" and "sister" were said about 10,000 times each.

At times it felt more like a black comedy then a horror series, it may be rather gruesome but I still burst out laughing when Sou was possessed and shot a fucking harpoon gun which missed, bounced off a car and impaled his mother in the chest. Like c'mon, that is hilairous.

The final page, THE VERY LAST PAGE OF THE SERIES is a monkey drawing the big bad guy, turning to the viewer and smiling like an evil asshole. C'mon. This is a comedy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
wow the arrests ust keep on happening

They've probably decided to crack down since stuff has been coming out so early. We saw the same thing a few years ago when we started getting Wednesday scans, they cracked down pretty hard. It's just what happens when raws are coming out way too early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom