• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

I want a legal website with tiers. Like people who visit or subscribe but don't go through the pay wall get chapters like a couple weeks behind, whereas the people who do pay whatever a month get the chapter in the same week or whatever. A Crunchy Roll for manga basically.

So would I. I just think given the number of titles and their lengths its just to hard to do. Just how many translators on top of what they do now would they need? An army it would seem.

Jaxec

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 101

n1769EF.gif

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Jitsu Wa

This officially has reached "just fuck already!" levels

Except for that one page where she got creepy and demonic for a second. That was rather ominous.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Jitsu Wa

This officially has reached "just fuck already!" levels

Except for that one page where she got creepy and demonic for a second. That was rather ominous.

Yea, that's got me a little worried. I'm guessing it has something to do with why her dad is so big.

upandaway

New Game 24

So Japan has store exclusive extras too? I guess that makes sense.
Nenecchi somehow has better chemistry with all the cast than most other characters with each other

And nowadays the final boss leak wouldn't even be a leak but an advertisement

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I want a legal website with tiers. Like people who visit or subscribe but don't go through the pay wall get chapters like a couple weeks behind, whereas the people who do pay whatever a month get the chapter in the same week or whatever. A Crunchy Roll for manga basically.
They have this

It's called Crunchyroll

Nordicus

I don't remember the blood drinking = intercourse thing but it makes sense for this series.
That's from the beginning of the series where the couple simply just got to know each other and when Kuromine asks about blooddrinking, she takes that as sexual harassment and then explains

KScorp

That's from the beginning of the series where the couple simply just got to know each other and when Kuromine asks about blooddrinking, she takes that as sexual harassment and then explains

She treats it as sexual harassment in the first arc...

She said it was like kissing, but that's pretty much the same as intercourse right?

(Jitsu wa spoilers)
The whole "surprise reveal" of the spoiled chapter is that Shiragami thought it's similar to kissing, when it's actually like intercourse.

The White Witch and the Snow-Viewing Tea Party / Hitomi and Goku (one-shots)
thatsbait.gif

Two one-shots from the Match Girl author. The first was a gentle reminder about the merits of befriending witches, the second was a touching tale about a mountain monster and a sacrifice. Unsurprisingly given the pedigree behind them and my fondness for her art style, I really enjoyed both stories, but I'll give the edge to The White Witch. If not for my slight bias towards the subject matter, then for the unexpected hilariousness of the little twist and its resolution.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
The White Witch and the Snow-Viewing Tea Party
A story about a boy who befriend a witch and talk about hing they like and hate. Unexpected ending.

Hitomi and Goku (one-shots)
A fairy tale like story about mountain lord who receive living sacrifce, a girl whose tears turn into pearl. I like this one.
I know the author also did cooking manga. I wish someone pick it up.

Matsuri connection
A one shot by mizukami satoshi. A dwarf like alien invade planet earth, but our protagonist decide to do nothing and just living her life normally, accepting whatever weird thing that's happening. The design for the alien ranging from bizarre to cute.

Jaxec

Are the people that say Crunchyroll's manga reader is bad talking about the web version? I use the mobile version 9n my iPhone and pretty good.

spiritfox

Are the people that say Crunchyroll's manga reader is bad talking about the web version? I use the mobile version 9n my iPhone and pretty good.

Yeah the web viewer. I have the app too, that's decent enough. But sometimes I want to read them on my large screen, not my phone.

Its mind boggling how much better crunchyroll mobile manga and anime apps are compared to how shitty their web site manga and anime viewers are

Jaxec

I don't even use Crunchyroll on my computer. Everytime I try to even watch an anime it always stops and lags, while on mobile it's perfectly fine. And I just checked out the web reader and holy shit is it horrible. Do they not even allow for one page reading?

redlemon

If you're into manga and comics I think it's really worth investing in some sort of tablet. It's my preferred way of reading comics by far.

Zweizer

Banned
They didn't actually fight at all, they just fired their cannons

Yeah, which is kind of disappointing. You'd think for such a high-profile target like Caesar they'd do something more than kick back and fire simple cannonballs (and then become sitting ducks when the Straw Hats counterattack.)

Yeah, which is kind of disappointing. You'd think for such a high-profile target like Caesar they'd do something more than kick back and fire simple cannonballs (and then become sitting ducks when the Straw Hats counterattack.)

Probably didn't think they'd have to for such a small ship

Revo

Hinamatsuri 49-50

wow, nitta truly was devastated
at least he now has a following at school

and holy hell that awkwardness for hitomi
her struggle is real

Russ T

Banned
I wish Crunchyroll had a better selection of manga. They have some good stuff on there, and I do use it, but they're lacking so so much. I know Viz gets most of the stuff I'd want to read, though, if anyone does, so I am stuck with them. Except if I'm paying that much, I'd rather just get physical copies. Bleh.

My main technical issue with CR manga is that both the web and mobile clients suck unwiped ass for letting me know which series I've favorited have a new chapter. There should be an icon on the favorites screen notifying me of unread chapters. That's it. That'd fix my main issue.. Of course, the website doesn't have such a screen, but it should.

The other issue, less main than the prior issue, is: it doesn't keep track of my progress on the webapp (which is mostly okay, since I very rarely use that, but sometimes I have to*).

(I haven't used it for a couple months now. If someone tells me they've addressed these issues I will be very happy.)

*Every now and then the mobile client just adamantly refuses to load a chapter. I've had this happen multiple times in a single binge-reading session as I'm lying in bed at night, and I either have to get up and read it on my computer or just give up.

I wish Crunchyroll had a better selection of manga. They have some good stuff on there, and I do use it, but they're lacking so so much. I know Viz gets most of the stuff I'd want to read, though, if anyone does, so I am stuck with them. Except if I'm paying that much, I'd rather just get physical copies. Bleh.

My main technical issue with CR manga is that both the web and mobile clients suck unwiped ass for letting me know which series I've favorited have a new chapter. There should be an icon on the favorites screen notifying me of unread chapters. That's it. That'd fix my main issue.. Of course, the website doesn't have such a screen, but it should.

The other issue, less main than the prior issue, is: it doesn't keep track of my progress on the webapp (which is mostly okay, since I very rarely use that, but sometimes I have to*).

(I haven't used it for a couple months now. If someone tells me they've addressed these issues I will be very happy.)

*Every now and then the mobile client just adamantly refuses to load a chapter. I've had this happen multiple times in a single binge-reading session as I'm lying in bed at night, and I either have to get up and read it on my computer or just give up.

Yeah both the viz shonen jump app and crunchyroll fail for not having any push notifications for when new chapters/volumes are out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom