• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toriko 348

Melk the 2nd isn't a dude... poor masked girl is being duped

"For our gourmet cells there is nothing we can not eat"

Welp and that will lead to the finale of everyone eating each other

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I'd say Murata can run with Hiramoto. Dude is a god.

Yusuke Murata, Takeshi Obata, Takehiko Inoue, Hirohiko Araki, and Tsukasa Hojo is what i think top 5 illustrator from Jump.

I think Hiramoto art evolution is pretty insane too.

Murata ain't weekly!
His art is already exceptional during eyeshield 21 publication, especially the last arc.

Honestly, i have no idea why Kubo use blank background so much. I know he could afford an assistant to do it for him.

Kagerou Daze Vol.02

Z7lDck4.jpg

The gang all appears and saves each other from a hostage situation. Rather liked the perspective given here compared to the anime.

Then the shut-in builds friendship points with everyone at the amusement park.

kinger256

Yuureitou 71 - 80 (END)

One of best gender identity manga I've read. Like wandering son level good. All the characters were so fucking interesting to read and know about.

Some of the middle parts were stretched out too long, but it's really a journey worth the entire trip. Recommended for anyone not adverse to brutal murders.

Zweizer

Banned
Zweizer, mate. What happened to our beloved Gigolette?

The series itself has been concluded at 5 volumes in Japan. There seems to be an odd lack of interest in translating it though. Hopefully not for much longer.

Yuureitou 71 - 80 (END)

One of best gender identity manga I've read. Like wandering son level good. All the characters were so fucking interesting to read and know about.

Some of the middle parts were stretched out too long, but it's really a journey worth the entire trip. Recommended for anyone not adverse to brutal murders.

Sounds neat, added to my backlog.

Kurita

Yay, I'll finally be able to read My Hero Academia, it's getting released here starting April 14th by Ki-Oon (good publisher).

Revo

Kubera s2ch159

he better be rescued before this arc ends
hopefully next chapter has leez in it, wondering what's happening with her

Saudades

Yuureitou 71 - 80 (END)

This last vol went batshit insane. Dat Marube
crossdressing as Onatsu
part.

Qurupeke

As someone who read Bleach just before the Quincy arc, I feel I made a huge mistake. I read it weekly now but I have no idea what is happening. The worst thing is I have no connection with many characters. I didn't even remember this girl in the latest chapter. And more random Quincies keep appearing. They could be like 5 or 10 and the arc would be much shorter with nothing of importance lost.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

Couple of ways I can see this going that isn't just "they tasted it because it looked good"
Erina comes in and tastes both of their dishes which forces the judges' hands
Eizan forces the judges to eat it because he's obsessed with convincing Soma to commit suicide for some reason
Rindou does something or something (I guess)
Eizan still wins by default but through some other haggling (maybe money related) that makes him withdraw his people

I have no other solution to this

Shokugeki

It will be pretty stupid if Soma doesn't win this...

I have always found it hilarious in Japanese manga how they have these immense hierarchies in school settings thing going on. Like in my school being a prefect or a classroom president or whatever, wasn't a big deal in the slightest.

But applying the usual formula to a cooking manga...If the main character is aiming for the top, he should be able to beat this guy at this stage considering what this guy has put him through until now. He is no. 9 on the list anyway.

I will admit that I find this Eizan guy or whatever to be an ultimate dick head. He is underhanded, obsessed with money, cowardly, and supposedly a good chef. Well, none of those things are mutually exclusive, but he makes Gordon Ramsay seem palatable...

Revo

Shokugeki no Soma 144

oof rindou
also i agree, who knew he could cook
will gladly let this go on for more good rindou shots

Nisekoi 195 (END)

Show's over. Nothing more to see in this manga now.

Raku's typical [MC] indecisiveness has always been frustrating, but now I'd rather he didn't make a decision for 2 years so Marika can return and claim her rightful victory. Shame there's -0.4% chance of that. She's too good for him anyway.

Nisekoi 195

thank god he was told it straight to his face
marikadabes

Marika needed to go all the way and say "they both like you as well, either would date you in a second if you asked". Still this was a huge step forward*

*and nothing will come of it for 50 chapters

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shokugeki no Soma 144
Holy crap, Haly was right. Soma is making chicken wing gyoza!
Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous 20
Dat punch. Oh, is that guy/girl power is similar to Notorious B.I.G?

Dansan Joshi 1

That diving style. oh my, 4 at once? That is what i call bravery!

Keijo!!! latest

Too much muscle -> Agility decrease, Strength up.
Oh look at that Rocky style training. Picking up a turnip with ass! LMAO.

Battle Sexer Seishiro ch 100 (NSFW)
From the author of Yondemasu Azazel-san, come a story about battle sexer, where sex is now a form of martial art.
Probably the most WTF thing i've read today.
There's no ch.1-99 since this is a special oneshot with the theme the 100th chapter of a manga without making ch 1-99.
seriously said:

I want to screenshot the battle scene, but it's way too NSFW.

Zweizer

Banned
Battle Sexer Seishiro ch 100 (NSFW)
From the author of Yondemasu Azazel-san, come a story about battle sexer, where sex is now a form of martial art.
Probably the most WTF thing i've read today.
There's no ch.1-99 since this is a special oneshot with the theme the 100th chapter of a manga without making ch 1-99.

I want to screenshot the battle scene, but it's way too NSFW.

Sounds awesome.

(NSFW) BattleSexer Seishiro ch100 by Yasuhisa Kubo

Holy shit. That and the Rafflesia, lmao.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's easy to do that many chapters when you completely make up your story as you go along.

It's been pretty good recently; he finally had the dragons appear and connected the main bad guy with the rest of the plot.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

I don't have a problem with the way this is playing out, but I will say it could have been done better. Soma just going in randomly and winning based on his battle experience seems a little anti-climactic.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma ch144

So far nothing is really convincing me that Soma isn't going to win.

Ouch.
Not even Soma has any doubt that he's going to win this. He's treating Eizan like he's worse than Takumi at this point.

Usually Soma looks at least a little into it in the tougher matches

Zweizer

Banned
Not even Soma has any doubt that he's going to win this. He's treating Eizan like he's worse than Takumi at this point.

Usually Soma looks at least a little into it in the tougher matches

Yeah, which makes all the exposition on Eizan's achievements kind of pointless, as Soma's attitude (along with the hilariously high stakes) pretty much dispels any kind of tension.

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki no Soma ch144

So far nothing is really convincing me that Soma isn't going to win.

Ouch.

It's fine if he wins. Dude hasn't beat anyone important since Mimasaka and a breakout win is needed here. We still need some kind of rational explanation why they'd bother to fairly judge though.

Numb

Bleach 652
Actual plot device. The stronger the enemy the more effective it is lol

The Gamer 108
MC is too rational to be an MC.

Toriko 348
These chefs are so cool. Still stupid as fuck what is going on tho

Jaxec

Shokugeki no Soma 144

For some reason I just don't care for this Shokugeki. You would think it'd be a little bit more serious with how it spent so much time building up the gloom and doom of the current situation. But nope. I don't think I've ever seen Soma this calm in any trial he's faced before this and that's kinda sad considering he's facing the ninth seat. Even that flashback at the beginning of the chapter and Rindou's dialogue about Eizen do nothing for me. Eizen is still being treated like a joke. Also is there any reason why the judges would try Soma's food? Or is it just because lol it's Soma? This entire arc has been kinda disappointing for me. Hopefully after this it picks up again.

Zweizer

Banned
It's fine if he wins. Dude hasn't beat anyone important since Mimasaka and a breakout win is needed here. We still need some kind of rational explanation why they'd bother to fairly judge though.

I'm rooting for a Soma victory as well, but like I said there's no real tension here. Hopefully at least his plan will be more satisfying than just praying for the judges to be lured by his food.

Angry Grimace

I'm rooting for a Soma victory as well, but like I said there's no real tension here. Hopefully at least his plan will be more satisfying than just praying for the judges to be lured by his food.

I don't really need there to be tension that he's going to lose. It's not A Song of Ice and Fire or anything, so the legitimate threat that Soma gets expelled and everyone in the Polaris Dorm gets chucked out on the street doesn't need to be tangible for me.

All I really want is that Soma does something a little more clever than have brass balls and win on pure gumption, which is what he's doing so far.

Shokugeki no Soma 144

I cringe at the fanboy judges... "Oh man he is putting in the whole chicken at once.... hnnnnnnnng" "Eizan-sama!!!!!!!!!" /orgasm

come on you guys are suppose to be Adults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom