• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

random25

Domestic Na Kanojo 72

I got baited. Shame on me. Shame on you too for the bait, Rui. And shame on you the most for keeping your eyes closed at that critical time, Natsuo.

Zweizer

Banned
Keijo ch61

AQxXBPp.png

Nothing like some yuri bonding to help her improve.

How big can Nozomi's harem get?

Junji Ito Cat Diary - Yon & Mu

Ito manga about cats. That's it. He uses his regular horror artstyle but its just a story about house cats which is pretty funny.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I just started the "I'm a commoner who has to pretend I have a muscle guy fetish in order to not get my genitals chopped off for attending an all lady school" manga and I'm enjoying it so far lol.

If this ever gets an anime I can't wait to see the part animated when he has to pretend he has the muscle fetish.

I just started the "I'm a commoner who has to pretend I have a muscle guy fetish in order to not get my genitals chopped off for attending an all lady school" manga and I'm enjoying it so far lol.

If this ever gets an anime I can't wait to see the part animated when he has to pretend he has the muscle fetish.

You mean Shomin Sample?

That has an anime and its airing right now

Quasar

It was about a school full of Ojou-samas but none of them did any ohohohohos and that was bullshit so I dropped it

It is bizarre that. You write a story about a school for ojou-sama and not one is a proper ojou-sama.

I didn't like the manga much, but somehow the anime has charmed me a little. Or maybe its just the season has so little I can make time for it.

ib - Instant Bullet (End)

It was a fun read. I mean, there were a ton of flaws in terms of pacing and characters, not to mention how edgy as fuck it is, but I had a great time with it. Hopefully author can pick it back up again eventually.

The Devil is a Part-Timer Vol.02

the devil king manages to awaken and still manages to charm his harem

pretty fun to see Maoh still in charge of pretty much the whole fight against Lucifer and Emi is a lot more enjoyable working with him instead of being all tsun tsun tsun

upandaway

Keijo 61

Kusakai please

Notice how Nozomi basically split the heavens Shanks-Whitebeard style with her final swing.

Haruwaka 10

Fe3yugH.png

It's really creepy how I can hear something in 8-4 Play and it shows up in manga a week later. This happens way too often.

The girls have a point though. The manga has more lewd between the two of them than any of them with Ono. Wonder what his deal is.

It was tough reading the manga thread and not being able to chip in (specially during the lewd)

i missed you guys!

Nisekoi

finally end in sight to put down my watermelon!

upandaway

Haruwaka [END]

I don't think anyone would be surprised at the fact he didn't choose, but being impotent was quite the twist. Didn't see that coming

I mean well, that's actually in a way a... unique way to justify the "harem MC is oblivious to sex" trope. He just literally can't do it

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
One-butt woman/Keijo!!!! latest
She split cloud with her ass... Saitama will be proud.

IB- Instant bullet end

So it end, the tales about hero and villain, a story about twisted persons trying to make a relationship. Lol, yandere time travel.
Kinda sad that it was axed.

I don't drop by here often, but today I've made a special trip.

This story begins with an innocent young Strix hanging out with some classmates after college on a chilly Friday afternoon. The weather, deciding to live up to the season, was remarkably unsuited for being in so they had moved to a small coffee shop right off-campus to sit around and talk shit in. At some point, the conversation turned towards books we had read and what our favorites were, to which I replied, "It's not my favorite story, but Aku no Hana was brilliant in ways that no other manga has ever really matched. So much so that I would compare it to greats of Western Literature and not feel like a complete scumfuck bastard."

Now, my friends, this is where our story takes a darker twist and the black curtain of despair falls over the scene. Because at that exact moment, all of Strix's relatively new friends decided to betray him. "You should read Elfen Lied then!", one of them said with a completely earnest expression. The others joined in- this novel having been one well-received by all of them and debated before - and praised the merits of the series. "Elfen Lied has deep character relationships, a dark story, and the gore is insane! It has to be one of the greatest manga ever written.".

If only I had known what cruel malice their hearts held- the venomous liquid that flowed through their veins and off their tongue like honey - I would have realized it sooner. I would have had time to stop myself from reading the series; my life could have been normal and Elfen Lied-free. Instead I read the entirety of that shit series, every single page of all one hundred and seven chapters. Some of the most non-nonsensical, mind bogglingly stupid characters with more personalities than I have hairs on my saggy testicles, a shitty pseudo romance covered in speckles of edge-lord horror that leaked from the anal cavity of some deluded ape who had roped a fourteen year old boy into helping him pretend he could write a manga.

I have never read a story in my life, in my entire life, that I have actually hated until now. I've honestly read thousands of books, hundreds of manga, and one or two comic books. Elfen Lied is the only one that was so awful I had to write a short story about how I even found it because I wouldn't know where to begin if I tried to describe the unimaginable horror that it is.

Akito

This story begins with an innocent young Strix hanging out with some classmates after college on a chilly Friday afternoon. The weather, deciding to live up to the season, was remarkably unsuited for being in so they had moved to a small coffee shop right off-campus to sit around and talk shit in. At some point, the conversation turned towards books we had read and what our favorites were, to which I replied, "It's not my favorite story, but Aku no Hana was brilliant in ways that no other manga has ever really matched. So much so that I would compare it to greats of Western Literature and not feel like a complete scumfuck bastard."

Now, my friends, this is where our story takes a darker twist and the black curtain of despair falls over the scene. Because at that exact moment, all of Strix's relatively new friends decided to betray him. "You should read Elfen Lied then!", one of them said with a completely earnest expression. The others joined in- this novel having been one well-received by all of them and debated before - and praised the merits of the series. "Elfen Lied has deep character relationships, a dark story, and the gore is insane! It has to be one of the greatest manga ever written.".

If only I had known what cruel malice their hearts held- the venomous liquid that flowed through their veins and off their tongue like honey - I would have realized it sooner. I would have had time to stop myself from reading the series; my life could have been normal and Elfen Lied-free. Instead I read the entirety of that shit series, every single page of all one hundred and seven chapters. Some of the most non-nonsensical, mind bogglingly stupid characters with more personalities than I have hairs on my saggy testicles, a shitty pseudo romance covered in speckles of edge-lord horror that leaked from the anal cavity of some deluded ape who had roped a fourteen year old boy into helping him pretend he could write a manga.

I have never read a story in my life, in my entire life, that I have actually hated until now. I've honestly read thousands of books, hundreds of manga, and one or two comic books. Elfen Lied is the only one that was so awful I had to write a short story about how I even found it because I wouldn't know where to begin if I tried to describe the unimaginable horror that it is.
I feel you.

Akito

Fun story, the original author died sometime around halfway through the series, and one of his best friends picked it up and tried to keep the story going to an end for him.
Is this one of those internet urban legends cause I never heard of Elfen Lied being not entirely Okamoto's intellectual diarrhea.

Usobuko

Banned
Some Japanese mangaka are in love with the idea of superpowered / perfect girl falling for random nobody, Elfen Lied, while poorly drawn, just took in to another level by using strong visual impact to induce shock value.

It's no different from the abundance of Light Novel adaptations flooding the manga scene these day.

MMO? Check.
Reincarnation? Check.
The Chosen One? Check.
Harem consists of every desirable race? Check.
Self-indulging monologues? Check.

Zweizer

Banned
Fudatsuki no Kyoko-chan ch12

Yeah, it'll be a long while before these two get along, lol.

At least it's nice to see Kyoko's having fun with a friend~

Lain

I feel for you man. It's difficult being one of those that can't appreciate the beauty of Elfen Lied. I hope you read Narutaru after that.

Nisekoi

Marika finally giving the push Raku needed.

Now to hope she finds someone better.

Who are you? Someone new to the thread?!~

eh Elfen Lied was below average at best but the hype/fervor around it on the other hand lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if that hype/fervor was the reason most people even heard of the series.

phaze

Who would have thought that watching anime version would be considered "dodging a bullet".

Nisekoi

Maybe we will get a Ruri&Shuu arc before moving on to Onodera's execution ?

Tokyo Ghoul :re 53
Edgeneki is back and sharper than ever. I'll be severely butthurt if he dissapears again.

I must say, I expected Noro to be much stronger than this and him being done in, almost fully, by Shirazu alone, doesn't feel quite right. I liked him. ;_;, hope we will get some Eto&Noro flashback later on.

bobohoro

Instead I read the entirety of that shit series, every single page of all one hundred and seven chapters. Some of the most non-nonsensical, mind bogglingly stupid characters with more personalities than I have hairs on my saggy testicles, a shitty pseudo romance covered in speckles of edge-lord horror that leaked from the anal cavity of some deluded ape who had roped a fourteen year old boy into helping him pretend he could write a manga.

Sounds like Elfen-Lied, yeah.
I liked it.

Assassination Classroom 165

I always knew that I wouldn't like the endgame of this manga, since I never cared much for the action-drama stuff in it and the outlook of the poltiical world finally doing something to save itself that is too large for the kids to really stay on the ball was never all too fun in my mind. I just hope it gets done quickly and we can have the actual ending between sensei and his students.

Sai

Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 54

Why did his hair suddenly go back to being black? :I

Anyways, he seems well 'n truly back this time. Hope they focus on him and Eto in next week's chapter, 'cause I'm curious to know where he stands among the powerhouses of this manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom