• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuur

Man this is one high quality MAD I've seen. The music and everything fits so well.

10/10

Impressive! I really liked that official one they posted when :re was new too. What's with TG and high quality manga videos (what does MAD stand for?)! Does any other series have stuff like this? I'd love to see one with One Piece but I have a feeling the art is 'full'.

TG :re

Why is Kaneki evil now? Why did he stab Shu?

Two possibilities in my mind:

A) He is knocking him out to save him or something.
B) He's tired of being 'beaten by the people he loves' / abusive relationships, which I think Shuu definitely qualifies for.

Revo

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha v10 (end)

finally got around to this after putting it off forever
still fuck toha for half sacrificing inari
but everything turned out well in the end at least
everyone so happy

Qurupeke

B) He's tired of being 'beaten by the people he loves' / abusive relationships, which I think Shuu definitely qualifies for.

I hope it will be A but it's probably B. :(

Food Wars 1244
CUg_02xXAAAlKLE.png

Wow good character design, what went wrong to make him so unappealing in the current times. I hope we get more of this kid Eizan flashback in the next chapter as hes way better than what we have now.

Peco

I've reread 20th Century Boys over the last week. The first 150 or so chapters are still incredible. The suspense, drama and plat all move perfectly. It lost its way after that but was still entertaining in a more mindless way.

Does anyone know of similar manga to it, but not written by Urasawa? I've read his other stuff.

Try with Freesia or Homunculus.

phaze

The art in this recent chapter of Tokyo Ghoul was not very conducive in letting me know what the hell was going on. Correct me if I'm wrong:

Kaneki woke up and killed Kanae with a pole
Someone then started jumping all over the place (Kaneki?) for unknown reasons
Kaneki really kills Kanae

Flashback or Tsukiyama actually telling Kaneki about owl
Kaneki then killed and/or stabbed Tsukiyama
Owl was just sitting around watching?
Shirazu did something which caused his ghoul limiter to potentially break, then did a random shooting move (could not tell at all, just used the bullet reference afterwards) to maybe wound the big bad
Big Bad stabs Shirazu
Urie does something to someone or he gets stabbed? Don't understand the last panel at all

I only gathered this by reactions and rereading. The first time through I didn't get it at all.

He stabs Kanae with the pole after which said Kanae tries to get him with his kagune. Which Kaneki evades and using his own rinkaku, gets behind him.

Tokyo Ghoul is that complicated that people have to do page by page summaries?

There is an occasionally confusing fight scene but the extent to which I see this sentiment weirds me out. I don't think I've had any noteworthy problem since the Seidou fight.

TG :re

Why is Kaneki evil now? Why did he stab Shu?

Cleaning up murderous trash is being evil now ? ;p

I think he did it so that it would good to his CCG superiors. I refuse to believe Ui will spend the entire arc climbing stairs and with Noro seemingly gone, he's probably going to get to the roof at a plot convenient moment.

Impressive! I really liked that official one they posted when :re was new too. What's with TG and high quality manga videos (what does MAD stand for?)! Does any other series have stuff like this? I'd love to see one with One Piece but I have a feeling the art is 'full'.

They're basically fan made videos.

Unfortunately there isn't one for One Piece that I know of. There's a OnePunch Man one I believe.

Tokyo Ghoul is that complicated that people have to do page by page summaries?

Honestly I really don't see what's so complicated for some people to understand the series. Aside from some of the chapters being really dark which is because of the shitty scans but other than that I really don't know.

Quasar

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha v10 (end)

finally got around to this after putting it off forever
still fuck toha for half sacrificing inari
but everything turned out well in the end at least
everyone so happy

Bittersweet I found it. But then I've always been close to my family so sacraficing them like that is pretty tragic. Though I am glad they did not just hitbthe reset button and we got to see Uka and Toka together.

Though I'm wondering was it ever explained why Toka could always naturally see the gods?

BLack Clover 39
CUhiK0UWEAQ3SvO.png:large

Dorksta is too fun...and Rebecca stayed. I just love it because for a fem interest she is going to be hilarious if stays around and keeps having those feelings (too bad hes with Yuno).

Next arc is starting off good.

Buddy Strike 2

This battery is really good. Kaname is a good personality and pretty unique for the role since most other catchers for it are often the same character type (Miyuki and Abe in Ace of diamond & Oofuri for example).

Kyuur

The last panel in the latest chapter of :re definitely was weird, unless I'm just misunderstanding Urie's Kagune. We seem to be looking at his back which would make his blade backwards, or his body is contorted in some ungodly fashion.

But I mean, the intent is obvious. He's finishing off Noro with a slash.. just looks weird to me.

I can generally follow TG's fights but can definitely understand those who can't or dislike them, my fiancee has a hard time and I usually point out things in chapters to her. They're very 'busy', as people would say about One Piece. I like it.

I don't know whats going on half the time in ;re story wise but the fights are something else. All those flailing tendrils and who the fucks limb is that makes it not a fun read.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think the problem is how busy it is, it's that the paneling layout is just bad too often. It's like in Bleach where the panels have a shitload of negative space in them, but the paneling sucks so you still don't know what's happening.

Everyone gave Kishimoto shit for his art, but I always found it very easy to follow what was happening even in the really action filled scenes.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I don't think the problem is how busy it is, it's that the paneling layout is just bad too often. It's like in Bleach where the panels have a shitload of negative space in them, but the paneling sucks so you still don't know what's happening.

Everyone gave Kishimoto shit for his art, but I always found it very easy to follow what was happening even in the really action filled scenes.
It's totally the paneling. There are a lot of "cuts" and things don't have a natural flow to them and it's also super fucking dark. Also to a certain extent, a lot of people during non close ups look pretty similar.

I get the story fine, I'm just visually trying to figure out what the fuck is going on. Especially Urie in that last panel. What the fuck was that?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
It's totally the paneling. There are a lot of "cuts" and things don't have a natural flow to them and it's also super fucking dark. Also to a certain extent, a lot of people during non close ups look pretty similar.

Think it was the Kaneki vs. Touka's brother fight in the original, but I reread it a few times and still had no idea what was even going on. "Cuts," like you mentioned, plus blurry swinging attacks. I honestly like the dude's character art a lot, but his action scenes are so disjointed.

dramatis

The paneling and layout of action scenes in the original Tokyo Ghoul were definitely problematic. I remember I felt like I had a headache after reading a few action chapters and had to take a break.

bobohoro

Youkai Shoujo 61

Spending way too long on creepy sensei.
Please don't totally go to shit series. :/

And Zweizer recommended harem-reads? How did I miss that? Gotta look back.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

tosh clearly playing favorites in how often he's giving this one specific character random extra-detailed glamour shots.

nyaa~

whbyuvQ.png

bobohoro

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari 1-10

So yeah, this is pretty nice. Good art helps. Satou is rather likeable.
Still needs to man up a bit, should've taken the elder elf without second thought.

Shouta

I picked up the official fanbook for OPM that has profiles and comments about the characters that have been shown so far. It has ONE and Murata interviews too. Tatsumaki and Fubuki are the real names for the sisters so we definitely need to yell at someone to translate them as such, lol

I picked up the official fanbook for OPM that has profiles and comments about the characters that have been shown so far. It has ONE and Murata interviews too. Tatsumaki and Fubuki are the real names for the sisters so we definitely need to yell at someone to translate them as such, lol

What's confusing about the Tatsumaki/Tornado and Fubuki/Blizzard thing is that the Daisuki subs also don't translate Mumen Rider/License Less Rider and Amai Mask/Sweet Mask for some reason. It isn't even consistent.

Zweizer

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma

tosh clearly playing favorites in how often he's giving this one specific character random extra-detailed glamour shots.

nyaa~

whbyuvQ.png

Well, I'm not complaining~

Ah, it's nice to have confirmation. This should clear up some of the confusion about their names.

Shouta

What's confusing about the Tatsumaki/Tornado and Fubuki/Blizzard thing is that the Daisuki subs also don't translate Mumen Rider/License Less Rider and Amai Mask/Sweet Mask for some reason. It isn't even consistent.

Yeah. Also, apparently Amai/Sweet Mask's old nickname was apparently Secret Mask.

When you're dealing with speedsubs done by underpaid translators and likely not looked over by any editors, this sort of stuff is bound to happen.

Numb

Xian Ni 27

Everyone and their grandma looking down on my boy forgetting he is getting personal lessons from Darth Vader.

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed to: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 1

So two smug geniuses like each other, but doesn't want to be the first to confess to the other. So instead, they orchestrate situations that would make the other fall more in love and confess.

Brilliant.

LeleSocho

Banned
Bonnouji 1-35 End
A romantic slice of life about a couple trying to understand how love relationships work between adults with the help of a quite unique and ever changing apartment room.
The characters are simple and cute, he is pretty much a calm and shy monotone while she is a bit more interesting in her behaviors and quirks.
It's nothing outstanding just a jolly ride in the life of the two that questions how life can or cannot change based on simple things and decisions.
In one word, sweet.

Warning: There's partial nudity in one of the mid-end chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom